• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there will be more. :D

Although as far as I remember they aren't quite as bad, difficult to top that one. Also planning to read Fall of Hyperion and the Endymion books? They are all pretty different.

To be fair, I thought
the sex scene in the simulated medieval French forest was competently done.
The buildup to that paragraph I posted is actually really great, but the climax (ba dum tsh) is just hilarious instead of terrifying and the effect is totally ruined.

And yeah, I'm planning on reading the rest.

lowkey panic attack

send help

help is on the way. hang in there ;(
dR7vz.jpg

Xiao Hu

I haven't worked out in half a year and haven't been to my gym in over a year. So much has changed over here, including my performance. Now I feel like I need a complete body transplant and several days of sleep. Btw #would #suckdick #lickclit #for #acigarette

zeemumu

I keep just active enough that I can maintain my weight but if I want to maintain any muscle I need to go to the gym.

86 Caught, 89 seen. I'm over halfway through catching 'em all.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
This + the joker trailer has certainly made my day a little better

still kind of freaked out tbh
Even though I literally own all of those on cart, I am still gonna buy that.

I wish they would have included like Bonk or Dinosaur Peak, one of those games that has crazy stupid value

FloatOn

Even though I literally own all of those on cart, I am still gonna buy that.

I wish they would have included like Bonk or Dinosaur Peak, one of those games that has crazy stupid value

the marketing for this is ridiculous. they even brought back the "now you're playing with power"

this thing is going to sell like crazy and they would be so stupid to not do SNES mini next year.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
the marketing for this is ridiculous. they even brought back the "now you're playing with power"

this thing is going to sell like crazy and they would be so stupid to not do SNES mini next year.
I would expect a few NES iterations before the SNES. Kinda like how the Atari Flashbacks re-release with more games.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I think we threw away our NES, because my dad, who worked in electronics had to repair it like three times and by then we had a Super Nintendo.

zeemumu

Because you're like 12. And its $59.99.

Actually I just didn't have one. My friends did. If I wanted to play NES, SNES, or Genesis I had to go to one of their houses.

I also grew up watching as much Felix the Cat, Little Lulu, and Popeye as I did Rugrats, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and Spongebob.

But if you really need some perceived age superiority to cling to, I've never used a Commodore 64

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Posted in wrong thread: Fuck me, Stranger Things is cool so far. Half into Episode 2.

Now I'm at the end of ep2 and omg

edit2 dear god that soundtrack is fucktastic

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
A lot of girls do assivee aggressive games.

Like, a former friend told me she'd always pretend to be with someone even if she was single and wanted to get with a guy.

Misha

Banned
sounds passive aggressive to me :eek:
never knew girls also dropped cheesy lines like this
My guess is she's constantly striking out so she went back to someone that just didn't respond before because that's not an outright rejection and could be due to different circumstances. Answering her own question makes it look silly rather than trying to say "hey you ignored me before but are you interested now?" Which would come across as desperate

I think it's amusing at least

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
omg a He-Man scene. This show just completely won me over.

zeemumu

For the vegans/vegetarians in here: would you date someone who ate meat or is it an instant pass? I'm asking for a Tinder match. She seems cool (we're both INFJ. Should I have included that in my summary?) but I think she's vegan. I'll probably just end up asking if it would be a problem.

For the vegans/vegetarians in here: would you date someone who ate meat or is it an instant pass? I'm asking for a Tinder match. She seems cool (we're both INFJ. Should I have included that in my summary?) but I think she's vegan. I'll probably just end up asking if it would be a problem.

Tbh I think it is annoying when people include their Briggs-Myers type. Being the same type doesn't mean compatibility anyway.

But I haven't heard of vegans/vegatarians rejecting people that eat meat. It is possible, and then you might get rejected, but why not just risk it?

it's only a problem for me if the guy makes it a problem. which actually happens far more often than you'd think. I think I saw it in the thread too...people just assume everything will be super complicated and you'll end up being judged 24/7. which, in most cases, is not true at all. just be open to it, show your acceptance by cooking some veggies for her and don't make it a big issue and neither will she :)

Misha

Banned
(Not vegan yet but)
If they didn't respect it then instant pass. Long term I could see conflict since it's a matter of morals but it's understandable(?) since most people haven't reached that conclusion and it's mostly symbolic(?) at this point in time anyway. Couldn't get me to prepare meat either way though

zeemumu

it's only a problem for me if the guy makes it a problem. which actually happens far more often than you'd think. I think I saw it in the thread too...people just assume everything will be super complicated and you'll end up being judged 24/7. which, in most cases, is not true at all. just be open to it, show your acceptance by cooking some veggies for her and don't make it a big issue and neither will she :)

It's not about being judged so much as it not wanting to make them uncomfortable. I have no qualms with cooking vegan food (I really enjoy making vegan mushroom burgers) but i don't know if I'd be willing to give up meat entirely (I like fish too much), but I still want to be considerate.

It's not about being judged so much as it not wanting to make them uncomfortable. I have no qualms with cooking vegan food (I really enjoy making vegan mushroom burgers) but i don't know if I'd be willing to give up meat entirely (I like fish too much), but I still want to be considerate.

haha she won't expect that. if you were going to meet it's like....you guys just met! :D chill bro! vegans are people too.

________
Jobbssss!!

Misha

Banned
They most likely have family friends coworkers etc they have to deal with so they're probably used to it. If it's an issue for them they should let you know rather than you having to figure it out on your own

zeemumu

haha she won't expect that. if you were going to meet it's like....you guys just met! :D chill bro! vegans are people too.

Just want to make a good first impression.

They most likely have family friends coworkers etc they have to deal with so they're probably used to it. If it's an issue for them they should let you know rather than you having to figure it out on your own

I consider the vague mention of vegetables in the summary my heads up.

like I said, don't make it seem like it's a big deal or even a problem to you. and like...maybe don't take her to a steakhouse on the first date ;P she'll apprectiate you making an effort. that's all you can do :)

Misha

Banned

It's probably more mentioning her interests and such than saying she wouldn't tolerate otherwise. I mean someone mentioning they're Christian wouldn't necessarily mean they put it there to avoid atheists, it's more just describing part of their identity and if it attracts people who think similarly then that's a bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom