• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
More dumpling experiments.

Ferrero Rocher dumplings
White chocolate+coconut dumplings

Now frying
1f7d4021b98ffb8e828904a4390c5498.gif

I call chocolate sauce on savoury dish, a racist version of mole sauce from Mexico.

Moelay.

I mean, it's no pimple cupcakes, but I guess it sounds like a pretty good idea.

White chocolate ones tasted great

Ferrero ones tasted okish but the texture was off because it wasn't as crunchy as it should have been, the wafer didn't hold up under cooking well.

On Friday or Sunday when I've got some more time I'll be putting bits of stewed apple, cinnamon and crumble into dumplings to see how that holds up.

1f7d4021b98ffb8e828904a4390c5498.gif

I call chocolate sauce on savoury dish, a racist version of mole sauce from Mexico.

Moelay.

I don't speak American

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
You just don't walk into pastry.

It has to be earned, motherfucker

I can do cakes, but not pastry. That shit is totall alchemy.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
There's a reason high end restaurants have pastry chefs and even pastry kitchens. The rest just buy them elsewhere or resort to the basics.

Advanced pastry is basically kitchen chemistry. Forget about fucking with measures and trying to cover your mistakes later.

Just finished The Priest's Tale in Hyperion.

sign me the FUCK up 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The Hyperion saga is the next thing on my list after I'm done with the current read, so this pleases me.

Also, The Terror was fucking magnificent.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

sign me the FUCK up 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

I haven't read Hyperion.

I guess I should.

And should stop endlessly re-reading Ubik.

pardon?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
On a scale from yes to mandatory how good is Hyperion? I may have to read it also.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'd like to commend Tiddums for his dumplings. He has inspired me to try my luck and try to make some orujo infused cherry confit baozi. They may turn into a huge mess, but who knows.

My parents recently picked around 70 kg of cherries at a friend's plot, so they are absolutely going to need to make some preserves.

If you enjoy sci fi I would consider it pretty mandatory. It is one of the best, if not best, I have ever read.

It was one of my Audible credits and while the voice acting was clearly well done, it was a bit of a slog to get through imo. Kind of surprised to learn that others really loved it. I think it wasn't until the Scholar that I really liked one of the stories much.

Xiao Hu

I keep on eating and eating like there is an insatiable black hole inside of me, close to the other one where my heart used to be....

It was one of my Audible credits and while the voice acting was clearly well done, it was a bit of a slog to get through imo. Kind of surprised to learn that others really loved it. I think it wasn't until the Scholar that I really liked one of the stories much.

It's basically a series of short stories, can't be that much of a slog. Iget if it would be the case with the rest of the series though although I loved those too.

On a scale from yes to mandatory how good is Hyperion? I may have to read it also.

Mandatory.

Chuckie

I loved all of it, but it wasn't exactly an easy read tbh.

Hyperion spoilers:

Kassad screams and pulls away. Strips of his flesh rip away as he lunges up and sideways. Metal teeth click shut in a steel vagina, missing his glans by a moist millimeter. Kassad slumps on his side, rolls away, hips moving, unable to stop his ejaculation. Semen explodes in streams, falls on the curled fist of a corpse. Kassad moans, rolls again, curls in a fetal position even as he comes again. And again.

This paragraph had me on the floor.

Misha

Banned
Hyperion spoilers:

Kassad screams and pulls away. Strips of his flesh rip away as he lunges up and sideways. Metal teeth click shut in a steel vagina, missing his glans by a moist millimeter. Kassad slumps on his side, rolls away, hips moving, unable to stop his ejaculation. Semen explodes in streams, falls on the curled fist of a corpse. Kassad moans, rolls again, curls in a fetal position even as he comes again. And again.

This paragraph had me on the floor.
What am I reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom