• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

It's probably more mentioning her interests and such than saying she wouldn't tolerate otherwise. I mean someone mentioning they're Christian wouldn't necessarily mean they put it there to avoid atheists, it's more just describing part of their identity and if it attracts people who think similarly then that's a bonus

Well I mean I'm Christian but I don't avoid atheists unless they shove it in my face, but that's a rule that I carry across everything, even other Christians.

MutFox

Banned
I avoided vegans on those dating sites.
Food is something I really like enjoying and sharing with others.
(I love BBQing for myself and others on weekends)

My GF eats everything, which is awesome, cause I eat everything too.
Met some other girls and they were cool, but always very picky eaters.

Maybe to others it's no big deal, but everyone has something that's important.

FloatOn

how do you people deal with the dread of deadlines?

all of a sudden it's the end of the month and I have SO MUCH SHIT TO DO

like normally I'm pretty organized and that lends itself to me not getting behind on things but I've had so many interruptions this month that I've fallen so far behind

and I have this huge math test tonight

and I feel like I'm going to crack

MutFox

Banned
Gasoline goes bad?
I have some year old gasoline in my garage, hope I don't have to throw it away... :/
(It's in a fuel can and air tight)

Gonna check it after work today, has to be clear and not smell sour. :|

Jobbs

Banned
yesss. she's like me. she even gave me 1-2 love bites already :D

another rogue cleric.

sounds like jack. when he gets affectionate, if I don't pet him enough he'll bite to get my attention

Well I mean I'm Christian but I don't avoid atheists unless they shove it in my face, but that's a rule that I carry across everything, even other Christians.

I wouldn't avoid dating a christian (almost everyone identifies as christian ffs) but if they were the "jesus is #1 in my life" types I used to know that could easily become an issue.

zeemumu

how do you people deal with the dread of deadlines?

all of a sudden it's the end of the month and I have SO MUCH SHIT TO DO

like normally I'm pretty organized and that lends itself to me not getting behind on things but I've had so many interruptions this month that I've fallen so far behind

and I have this huge math test tonight

and I feel like I'm going to crack

Sort your due projects by size and due date. If something is large but you still have a decent amount of time to do it, save it for later and do something that you don't have time to do if you wait any longer.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm a Christian and some of my best friends are atheists

Gaming culture seems to attract a lot of atheists actually

I wouldn't avoid dating a christian (almost everyone identifies as christian ffs) but if they were the "jesus is #1 in my life" types I used to know that could easily become an issue.
*Crosses Jobbs off potential dates list*

Misha

Banned
My only real issue overall is with taking the word of a governing body as truth without considering the implications. That rules out a lot of Christians though due to the belief that belief should be "blind"
you don't come off as a jesus first type (at least in here) :p
He wants to be a priest I don't know how Jesus first you can get :p
(Pretty sure you mean people that are obnoxious about it though :p)

MutFox

Banned
I'm not Christian at all...

Went to a private Catholic High School,
doing theology classes there really showed how stupid it was.

zeemumu

He wants to be a priest I don't know how Jesus first you can get :p
(Pretty sure you mean people that are obnoxious about it though :p)

Yeah he's referring to people who are in your face about it.

I'm not forcibly converting anyone and I don't think Sol is either. That's not what priests do (not anymore, anyway...)

zeemumu

I guess I just sounded uncomfortable because of talking on the phone.

I always get "you sound bored" or "you seem so nonchalant" from people because I'm usually pretty calm and monotone a lot of the time. Usually it's because I'm feeling meh or I'm tired. I'm not like that all the time. When I'm legitimately excited I get all frantic and pumped.

Misha

Banned
Yeah he's referring to people who are in your face about it.

I'm not forcibly converting anyone and I don't think Sol is either. That's not what priests do (not anymore, anyway...)
Priests heal and give buffs. Always a good class to have in your party.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I used to be pretty in your face about my beliefs as a teenager (because who isn't really) but I realized how disrespectful (and counterproductive) it is to basically tell other people "you're wrong and I'm right and you're wrong for not agreeing with me"

It's also very un-Christian to do that. In fact as I've gotten older I've become more and more upset with how many stupid people make the faith look bad, especially those racist bastards in the bible belt of America. Nowadays I tend to keep to myself about my beliefs because it brings with it a whole plethora of pre-conceived notions... as all things do in the adult world. God is Love and everyone loves Love, so if I talk about it like that it's fine.

This is a grossly oversimplified post but that's the general gist of things

Edit: Excuse the hyperbole, but phone calls are the worst thing on Earth

are you getting high in your uncle's haus??

but yeah, my mom always thinks there's something wrong with me on the phone haha
no! :mad:
I always get "you sound bored" or "you seem so nonchalant" from people because I'm usually pretty calm and monotone a lot of the time. Usually it's because I'm feeling meh or I'm tired. I'm not like that all the time. When I'm legitimately excited I get all frantic and pumped.
I get this when I'm in a completely normal mood too. but talking on the phone is also a very staged situation..it's just inherently weird.
Were you pooping? Gosh I hate to talk while I'm in the middle of serious business negotiations
no i never do that o.o

Nerdkiller

Membeur
How committed are they to the whole Jesus thing? Because I feel as though they probably believe in JEEZUS instead. You know, the kind who say that God loves everyone, but if they see a gay couple together...well, I don't think I need to finish.

zeemumu

Priests heal and give buffs. Always a good class to have in your party.

My friends tricked me into rolling as a priest when I first started playing WoW so they'd always have a healer on hand. Healing for raids is stressful, but if you do it right you'll always have a steady stream of employment.

I used to be pretty in your face about my beliefs as a teenager (because who isn't really) but I realized how disrespectful (and counterproductive) it is to basically tell other people "you're wrong and I'm right and you're wrong for not agreeing with me"

It's also very un-Christian to do that. In fact as I've gotten older I've become more and more upset with how many stupid people make the faith look bad, especially those racist bastards in the bible belt of America. Nowadays I tend to keep to myself about my beliefs because it brings with it a whole plethora of pre-conceived notions... as all things do in the adult world. God is Love and everyone loves Love, so if I talk about it like that it's fine.

This is a grossly oversimplified post but that's the general gist of things

Edit: Excuse the hyperbole, but phone calls are the worst thing on Earth

But what else can I do on message boards than to tell people they are wrong? :(

Have enjoyable conversations or something? lol.

SolVanderlyn

Holy Priest in WoW was a blast. I played it throughout Cata/Pandaria. So much more fun than the Holy Paladin I played in Burning Crusade, which amounted to "press heal button and sometimes lesser heal button ad infinitum"

FloatOn

I think it would set my mind at ease to not have doubt and just believe like I did in my youth.

I've grown cynical in my 30's

I feel like I know too much to practice any kind of faith anymore.

and I'm not trying to say that people who have faith are stupid or anything it's just that faith requires trust in things that can't be quantified.

but then I run into the issue of abstract thought/emotions being un-quantifiable and things get confusing

Misha

Banned
But what else can I do on message boards than to tell people they are wrong? :(

Have enjoyable conversations or something? lol.
Simple. If you do it with beliefs you don't believe in then it's not as bad since you don't have alterior motives
I think it would set my mind at ease to not have doubt and just believe like I did in my youth.

What happened to happy nihilism? :p

SolVanderlyn

Simple. If you do it with beliefs you don't believe in then it's not as bad since you don't have alterior motives

What happened to happy nihilism? :p
*Ulterior

and I'm not trying to say that people who have faith are stupid or anything it's just that faith requires trust in things that can't be quantified.

but then I run into the issue of abstract thought/emotions being un-quantifiable and things get confusing
image.php

You're thinking too hard man. Trying to understand life outside of the limited intelligence we have is a fruitless endeavor. Take comfort in what you're able to understand, but realize that even though there's more out there, there's nothing you can do about it beyond the capabilities you've been given. Living within a limited window of reality isn't so bad.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
For the vegans/vegetarians in here: would you date someone who ate meat or is it an instant pass? I'm asking for a Tinder match. She seems cool (we're both INFJ. Should I have included that in my summary?) but I think she's vegan. I'll probably just end up asking if it would be a problem.

I dont mind as long as I dont get pressured to eat meat. He can eat anything he wants and I can have my own stuff.
tumblr_mfk8ooKmiP1r7axxfo1_400.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What a terrible day. I need a distraction.

Download Earth Defense Force 4.1 from my account and kill all those bugs as if they were all the things bothering you. You can also chat with me if you want as usual Im always around.

jb1234

Download Earth Defense Force 4.1 from my account and kill all those bugs as if they were all the things bothering you. You can also chat with me if you want as usual Im always around.

Doing the download for sure. Don't want to talk to anyone. I'm surly and in pain.

see if my fucked up foot does the trick

6js9LKG.png

Gross.

:/

I'll probably just go to the park and play Chrono Trigger. The weather is nice.

SolVanderlyn

New tag I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom