• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My penne is protruding...
default_eyebrows.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You should watch Wayne's World

Numb

which one? I watched the earth man trailer and I still don't really know what to expect...

It's a guy telling a story trying to convince his fellow professors to believe his crazy talk in a logical way
Interesting and happens in just a room

I don't wanna spoil much since the whole thing is just dialog

zeemumu

It's the small things building up that actually takes a toll, not major things. Small stuff spread out over a decent interval of time is fine. A few mishaps every other day or so, whatever. You'll live. But when they start happening in rapid succession, it starts to weigh on you. There's no time to breathe or regroup, no time for anything good to happen in between to balance it out. Just a barrage of bullshit at once.

I think I'm done for today. It's only 12:04.

MutFox

Banned
This weekend I'm on call and my GF is selling her art on the island.
Also have young cousins that will be staying with me, will probably play some Pokemon Go with them.
Maybe will do some Smash Bros with em too... :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This weekend I'm on call and my GF is selling her art on the island.
Also have young cousins that will be staying with me, will probably play some Pokemon Go with them.
Maybe will do some Smash Bros with em too... :p

If I visit will you Smash with me?
invoker-romance.gif

It's the small things building up that actually takes a toll, not major things. Small stuff spread out over a decent interval of time is fine. A few mishaps every other day or so, whatever. You'll live. But when they start happening in rapid succession, it starts to weigh on you. There's no time to breathe or regroup, no time for anything good to happen in between to balance it out. Just a barrage of bullshit at once.

I think I'm done for today. It's only 12:04.

It's pay day and at 2:21 PM, I want to get fucked up drunk after balancing my checkbook.

I genuinely hate mowing the lawn, grass seed always fucks my allergies but I always have to mow the goddamn lawn because my dad is a very irrational person.

I volunteer to buy the gas for my lawnmower last week, but I don't think I have enough to buy gas and the rest of the groceries.

Success and prosperity have always been alien concepts to me.

There is no question, I have to have a second job. If i'am moving out, I have to have rent for every month, right.

I want to scream and cry right now. Why does capitalism have to be so miserable for me?

Why did God hate me so much to put me in poverty? What unforgivable sin did I do in my past life as to be disabled and impoverished? Why can I not afford to learn a skill as to help me be successful? Why did God fuck me with this autism I suffer from?

I want to know why God hates my guts.

Success and prosperity? What the goddamn fuck are those concepts

jb1234

I want to scream and cry right now. Why does capitalism have to be so miserable for me?

Why did God hate me so much to put me in poverty? What unforgivable sin did I do in my past life as to be disabled and impoverished? Why can I not afford to learn a skill as to help me be successful? Why did God fuck me with this autism I suffer from?

Success and prosperity? What the goddamn fuck are those concepts

As someone in more or less the same position (disabled, autistic, poor as fuck), I make it a lot easier on myself by not believing in God. Otherwise, I would be so fucking pissed at him.

(I only partly joke. It's never easy. But it's the only life we have so I more or less live it to the best of my ability.)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit Stranger Things is getting better with every episode I don't know if i can handle this

Jobbs

Banned

The answer, in my opinion, is that he doesn't, nor does he love your guts. I wouldn't ascribe success or failure to him because I don't think he exists.

That out of the way -- No matter our station in life, there's always someone a rung up and a rung down. I spent my youth angry about a lot of aspects of my life that were outside of my control (no father, occasional poverty, a bunch of religious bullshit that messed up my self esteem, etc). Looking back, I know that even though I was always angry, and every time a friend mentioned their father it hurt, I still had it better than a lot of people.

I don't know how useful it is to you, but all of us have to find some way to make the most of it. We don't have a choice. It certainly sucks that you're in a shitty situation now, but you have to hold out hope that it'll get better.

Here, I'll send you some positive thoughts.... Aaaand transmitted.

Misha

Banned
My thought is to always have at least one thing to work toward to make things better. Even a teeny bit of progress feels better than feeling things stagnate

MutFox

Banned
My thought is to always have at least one thing to work toward to make things better. Even a teeny bit of progress feels better than feeling things stagnate

Yep, nobody in life will give you anything.
You really have to work at it.

I was so depressed before getting the job I have now.
Would always think "Is this it?"

Misha

Banned
Yep, nobody in life will give you anything.
You really have to work at it.

I was so depressed before getting the job I have now.
Would always think "Is this it?"
I disagree with that. Half of life is accepting favors from people and some luck. The other half is hardwork and ability.

Knowing people is important to your success and health

MutFox

Banned
I disagree with that. Half of life is accepting favors from people and some luck. The other half is hardwork and ability.

Knowing people is important to your success and health

Contacts are always important, but you have to work at getting those too.
Well in my experience.

MutFox

Banned
I'm thinking more friends and family. I don't really like the idea of professional networking

Depends on the family though, both my parents are immigrants that left all their family in their countries.
So they had no friends or family here.

Though yeah, friends do help.
Made work friends which put in good words for me.
Though that might be considered professional networking.

SolVanderlyn

I bring a message of hope to this land.

13729110_1162126910490900_341685906258422950_n.png

I've got a girl in mind for my goal. Specifically, meeting said girl. We've known each other for ages now and talk quite literally every day.

Told ya. You're Next is the same director btw.

yeah I already saw :D I can't watch too much creepy stuff before bed though...I'm alone with two cats in a foreign environment :eek: my anxiety sense is tingling. maybe I'm going to watch Goonies though...after Stranger Things I really wanted to see it again

Jobbs

Banned
yeah I already saw :D I can't watch too much creepy stuff before bed though...I'm alone with two cats in a foreign environment :eek: my anxiety sense is tingling. maybe I'm going to watch Goonies though...after Stranger Things I really wanted to see it again

you should put more faith in my suggestions, they've all been hits!

you're next is kind of a home invasion movie that turns out very satisfying, it's not exactly a "horror" movie -- but yeah that's probably not a good thing to watch if you're home alone in a weird place. :D

you should put more faith in my suggestions, they've all been hits!

you're next is kind of a home invasion movie that turns out very satisfying, it's not exactly a "horror" movie -- but yeah that's probably not a good thing to watch if you're home alone in a weird place. :D
I've done nothing but putting faith in your suggestions while you haven't even touched Nymphomaniac yet!1

The Invitation is apparently pretty good and up on most Netflix regions. Haven't watched it yet though. I don't think it is supposed to be too creepy, not in the horror sense kind of way.

I kind of really want to watch a movie tonight. But small room + plasma TV + summer = death.

Jobbs

Banned
Thoughts on Wonder Woman on Injustice 2?

her face looks strange and her hair looks like a big piece of molded plastic

that said it's a big improvement over the first one

maybe I'll watch that tomorrow. guess I'm too tired to watch something else after all rn.
report back if you watch it first though

didn't you already watch that? hahaha.. it had fake tom hardy and darro or whatever from game of thrones?

The Invitation is apparently pretty good and up on most Netflix regions. Haven't watched it yet though. I don't think it is supposed to be too creepy, not in the horror sense kind of way.

I kind of really want to watch a movie tonight. But small room + plasma TV + summer = death.

maybe I'll watch that tomorrow. guess I'm too tired to watch something else after all rn.
report back if you watch it first though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom