• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Depends on the family though, both my parents are immigrants that left all their family in their countries.
So they had no friends or family here.

Though yeah, friends do help.
Made work friends which put in good words for me.
Though that might be considered professional networking.
By "professional networking" I mean talking to people solely for the purpose of advancing your career

Other people I'm talking about is more like a support network who will help you out because they like you
Thoughts on Wonder Woman on Injustice 2?
Why does no one care about wonder woman? :(

MutFox

Banned
By "professional networking" I mean talking to people solely for the purpose of advancing your career

I can't do that, I just would feel dirty for doing that... and not genuine.

Other people I'm talking about is more like a support network who will help you out because they like you

Yeah, I guess this is more my experience.
Didn't know there was a term for that. :p

Misha

Banned
I can't do that, I just would feel dirty for doing that... and not genuine.

Yeah, I guess this is more my experience.
Didn't know there was a term for that. :p

I feel the same. It definitely helps your career a lot but thankfully its not essential like just having people that are there for you is. Life is so much harder to go it alone

I apologize for the freak out, I needed to go to the corner of the city lake where's there's a cliff and abundance of trees and I needed to talk myself back into relative sanity. As much as I loathe my hometown, the cliff behind the spillway that comes from the lake is a p. rad place for introspection.

I appreciate the positivity of this thread and the people in it. I also appreciate how many people I can relate to in this thread. I do wish I could contribute more to the people in this thread.

As much as a crazy person I seem at times in this thread, I'am crazy for relatable reasons and do wish I could help out more with every one in here.

It means a lot that future indie gaming Jesus aka Jobbs* transmits positive vibes to me.

*Dark Souls Jesus
Indie Metroidvania Jesus
etc

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
She looked a lot better in the first one
Did she?
790455-injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition-playstation-4-screenshot.jpg

Misha

Banned
Story mode in injustice 1 was trash. Its not even that hard to have interesting fighting game stories with okay dialogue but they absolutely bombed

zeemumu

Story mode in injustice 1 was trash. Its not even that hard to have interesting fighting game stories with okay dialogue but they absolutely bombed

I thought they did a decent job with the story (aside from super pills). I've seen trash fighting game story modes and this stacks up as one of the better ones. Subspace Emissary destroys them all, though.

I feel like I need to recommend a bunch of truly bad games to you guys.

MutFox

Banned
I feel the same. It definitely helps your career a lot but thankfully its not essential like just having people that are there for you is. Life is so much harder to go it alone

Yeah, I feel lucky that people would be nice enough to do that for me. :)
Though I do really feel if you're nice to others, it does come around. :p

MutFox

Banned
I thought they did a decent job with the story (aside from super pills). I've seen trash fighting game story modes and this stacks up as one of the better ones. Subspace Emissary destroys them all, though.

I feel like I need to recommend a bunch of truly bad games to you guys.

I loved Subspace Emissary!
That's why Brawl has the best single player out of any of the Smash games.
(Played it all co-op though, really awesome)

Misha

Banned

Sure theres worse but this actually has source material. Most have to make up excuses for their characters to fight when this has thousands of options.

They completely messed up the multiverse thing. They make it come across that the only difference is that one event and somehow that completely changes certain characters personalities. People like aquaman made some sense since he was being pragmatic but wonder woman was somehow a completely different character.

zeemumu

I loved Subspace Emissary!
That's why Brawl has the best single player out of any of the Smash games.
(Played it all co-op though, really awesome)

Yeah, I was upset that Sakurai decided against another story mode in the 4th.

That Bramble Blast remix was great

zeemumu

Sure theres worse but this actually has source material. Most have to make up excuses for their characters to fight when this has thousands of options.

They completely messed up the multiverse thing. They make it come across that the only difference is that one event and somehow that completely changes certain characters personalities. People like aquaman made some sense since he was being pragmatic but wonder woman was somehow a completely different character.

The universes were different prior to that event.

Also nearly the exact same plot happened before in the DCAU. Except instead of Joker it was Lex, Batman didn't turn against Superman, and Lex killed Flash instead of blowing up Metropolis and forcing Supes to kill Lois.

Diana seems to default to straight up cruel in a lot of universes. Usually because she stops beliving that man's world can govern itself. I mean, we don't even have purple rays.

MutFox

Banned
Yeah, I was upset that Sakurai decided against another story mode in the 4th.

Me too... :(
I know it would have been a lot of work,
was just hoping 4 would try and out do all prior games... :/

Oh well, now I have bramble blast stuck in my head. :p

Work is done, gonna go home and race around playing pokemon. :D
Gonna try timing how fast I can hit pokestops on my bike route.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
it's the weekend my dudes

what's on?

Misha

Banned
The universes were different prior to that event.

Also nearly the exact same plot happened before in the DCAU. Except instead of Joker it was Lex, Batman didn't turn against Superman, and Lex killed Flash instead of blowing up Metropolis and forcing Supes to kill Lois.

Diana seems to default to straight up cruel in a lot of universes. Usually because she stops beliving that man's world can govern itself. I mean, we don't even have purple rays.

They were similar enough that that wasn't obvious. Batman the same, green arrow the same, flash the same mostly, captain marvel believably the same, aquaman mostly the same, lex and jokers differences made a bit of sense with there being worse bad guys, Harley the same except for being good due to the joker being good, green lantern randomly yellow but not much personality, other bad guys all the same. Superman was supposed to have changed due to the event which okay but wonder woman is someone who isn't remotely similar in personality
Its dumb that they can write a slightly different batman and a superman that's somewhat similar despite being bad but with wonder woman they just scrap her character entirely and go with generic evil villainess #2

FUME5

Even for me that's a lot of booze with the beats last night.

And yet I've cleaned the house, put my washing on and am at the park with my dog, and it's only 7:40 AM.

Round 2 awaits in the not so distant future.

zeemumu

They were similar enough that that wasn't obvious. Batman the same, green arrow the same, flash the same mostly, captain marvel believably the same, aquaman mostly the same, lex and jokers differences made a bit of sense with there being worse bad guys, Harley the same except for being good due to the joker being good, green lantern randomly yellow but not much personality, other bad guys all the same. Superman was supposed to have changed due to the event which okay but wonder woman is someone who isn't remotely similar in personality

Well, some Wonder Woman comics give her the personality of "you guys don't know what you're doing. You're children who need to be shown the way" and she tones it down over time. I saw Injustice Wonder Woman as a version of her who just went all in on that. If Superman is willing to change the world by force then so is she. It's more or less the same logic that Batman uses for the Justice Lords but it makes more sense because she's not above lethal force.

Misha

Banned
Well, some Wonder Woman comics give her the personality of "you guys don't know what you're doing. You're children who need to be shown the way" and she tones it down over time. I saw Injustice Wonder Woman as a version of her who just went all in on that. If Superman is willing to change the world by force then so is she.

Which is different than how she does it here. She's purely malevolent and appears to have that ideal independent of superman (possibly even being the one to influence him). Her personality itself is different and the way she is willing to carry out her goals isn't remotely the same.
Her outfit randomly covers half as much of her body and is black with gold pieces. Never seen something like that before

Trash.

Edit. You know this reminds me of a certain other character that does bad things for what she thinks are good reasons and then suddenly acts against her personality due to shit writing

Misha

Banned
Hmmm maybe I should make a female warrior/paladin type of character in d&d sometime cause I'm starting to realize theres a certain personality type I like. Throw in Sheppard from how I played the mass effect games too.

zeemumu

Which is different than how she does it here. She's purely malevolent and appears to have that ideal independent of superman (possibly even being the one to influence him). Her personality itself is different and the way she is willing to carry out her goals isn't remotely the same.
Her outfit randomly covers half as much of her body and is black with gold pieces. Never seen something like that before

Trash.

Edit. You know this reminds me of a certain other character that does bad things for what she thinks are good reasons and then suddenly acts against her personality due to shit writing

Wait, what? Her Regime costume isn't black
latest

And Wonder Woman went ahead with the use of force because of Superman. Had he not turned she would probably still be going the diplomatic route like the other Wonder Woman. It's implied that she's always been that way internally but respected humanity's and Superman's wishes enough to try things with a more diplomatic approach instead of forcibly subjugating humanity because she's tired of their crap. Depends on the writer and/or the universe, but it's not entirely unheard of for Wonder Woman.

I mean, she did murder Shazaam that one time

tumblr_mqx8arrm5x1qevcvlo4_r1_500.gif

You can't expect all Wonder Woman's to be the same across every universe.

Misha

Banned
Wait, what? Her Regime costume isn't black

And Wonder Woman went ahead with the use of force because of Superman. Had he not turned she would probably still be going the diplomatic route like the other Wonder Woman. It's implied that she's always been that way internally but respected humanity's and Superman's wishes enough to try things with a more diplomatic approach instead of forcibly subjugating humanity because she's tired of their crap. Depends on the writer and/or the universe, but it's not entirely unheard of for Wonder Woman.

I mean, she did murder Shazaam that one time

You can't expect all Wonder Woman's to be the same across every universe.
This is the one I'm talking about:
Also she apparently showed more cleavage when evil in battle armor for no reason

And again, the issue isn't the fact that she's bad and wants to take over the world, its the way she does it which doesn't fit her personality. She'd be much more like a kuvira than like a kuvira post-crap writing.
And again the issue isn't that all of one character has to be the same in a multiverse, its that she's the only one who isn't remotely the same person and it breaks the rules of their narrative. Its really really sloppy

zeemumu

This is the one I'm talking about:

Also she apparently showed more cleavage when evil in battle armor for no reason

And again, the issue isn't the fact that she's bad and wants to take over the world, its the way she does it which doesn't fit her personality. She'd be much more like a kuvira than like a kuvira post-crap writing.
And again the issue isn't that all of one character has to be the same in a multiverse, its that she's the only one who isn't remotely the same person and it breaks the rules of their narrative. Its really really sloppy

Oh that one. That's not her uniform. She wore that exclusively to attract Superman because she wanted to rule the regime by his side but he's not over Lois so it's pointless.

How does the way that she does it not fit her personality? She presumably went to the world of man to learn about them and solve their problems, and instead of subjugating the world, she did Superman's way and tried to do it peacefully. When Superman cracks, she pretty much says that she was waiting for Superman to see that his way wasn't working out. This is one of the subjugation-happy Wonder Woman variants. That one event is not the only branch between the two universes. There were clearly other variations based on the costume and the fact that Damien doesn't seem to exist or is dead in the protagonist universe.

This isn't a universe where everyone is different because of this one event. It's a universe that was already different but this is the largest change. Her personality change wasn't that drastic in her own universe. She wasn't a 100% paragon of virtue in the Regime universe, like how Lex was never a criminal in that world so he's a good guy.

Ghost Rider in the MCU! But it's in AoS

Misha

Banned
Oh that one. That's not her uniform. She wore that exclusively to attract Superman because she wanted to rule the regime by his side but he's not over Lois so it's pointless.

How does the way that she does it not fit her personality? She presumably went to the world of man to learn about them and solve their problems, and instead of subjugating the world, she did Superman's way and tried to do it peacefully. When Superman cracks, she pretty much says that she was waiting for Superman to see that his way wasn't working out. This is one of the subjugation-happy Wonder Woman variants. That one event is not the only branch between the two universes. There were clearly other variations based on the costume and the fact that Damien doesn't seem to exist or is dead in the protagonist universe.

This isn't a universe where everyone is different because of this one event. It's a universe that was already different but this is the largest change. Her personality change wasn't that drastic in her own universe. She wasn't a 100% paragon of virtue in the Regime universe, like how Lex was never a criminal in that world so he's a good guy.

Ghost Rider in the MCU!

Personality isn't simply good vs evil. Abraham Lincoln's evil counterpart might be more of an Mussolini than a Stalin (I'm not sure I dont know their personalities well enough). This was wonder woman's Stalin, not her Mussolini. (and of course this Stalin is the one used as the female second in command of every single action show ever)
Lex was still led but good, Harley was still Harley but good, captain marvel was exactly how captain marvel acts. Wonder woman acted completely differently between her different versions. Its inconsistent

zeemumu

Personality isn't simply good vs evil. Abraham Lincoln's evil counterpart might be more of an Mussolini than a Stalin (I'm not sure I dont know their personalities well enough). This was wonder woman's Stalin, not her Mussolini. (and of course this Stalin is the one used as the female second in command of every single action show ever)
Lex was still led but good, Harley was still Harley but good, captain marvel was exactly how captain marvel acts. Wonder woman acted completely differently between her different versions. Its inconsistent

She didn't though. She was still loyal to her people and her cause, but that cause was evil. Her only difference was that she was more brutal, like her Flashpoint version. And Harley was not Harley but good. Harley wasn't going to join a regime so it was either Batman or die. She immediately turns on him when Joker comes back and then turns back as she does regularly in her on/off relationship with Joker when she realized that he was a dick. Lex was straight up a different Lex. A Lex who was willing to sacrifice himself to stop Superman despite them being friends. This Lex is more morally sound than Superman. Even the Batmans had some minor differences.

Regime Universe was

Broken Supes

Brutal Wonder Woman

Oblivious Shazaam

Everyone else joined Supes because they didn't want to die.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Nether realm games are fucking hideous.

Like they seriously need to hire some designers.

Also Injustice story was fucking dumb as shit.

But you know I'm playing space adventure cobra on Sega CD so what do I know

zeemumu

Nether realm games are fucking hideous.

Like they seriously need to hire some designers.

Also Injustice story was fucking dumb as shit.

But you know I'm playing space adventure cobra on Sega CD so what do I know

At least Batman didn't invite all the female DC Universe characters to his private island to play beach games.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
At least Batman didn't invite all the female DC Universe characters to his private island to play beach games.

Would have probably been a more interesting game. I would have gotten all the outfits for Harley and Killer Frost

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I never played Injustice even though I got it for free on PS+

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I thought both MK9 and 10 looked pretty damn fantastic.

Misha

Banned
She didn't though. She was still loyal to her people and her cause, but that cause was evil. Her only difference was that she was more brutal, like her Flashpoint version. And Harley was not Harley but good. Harley wasn't going to join a regime so it was either Batman or die. She immediately turns on him when Joker comes back and then turns back as she does regularly in her on/off relationship with Joker when she realized that he was a dick. Lex was straight up a different Lex. A Lex who was willing to sacrifice himself to stop Superman despite them being friends. This Lex is more morally sound than Superman. Even the Batmans had some minor differences.

Regime Universe was

Broken Supes

Brutal Wonder Woman

Oblivious Shazaam

Everyone else joined Supes because they didn't want to die.
She wasn't. She used them. She didn't care about them. She wasn't like her flashpoint version at all.

That Harley's morality revolved around that joker much like Harley normally. The new joker only worked until she decided he couldn't replace hers

Again, morality != personality

Yeah batman was slightly different due to circumstances. Wonder woman was a completely different person

But you've seriously never seen the thing where when girls go bad in things suddenly they have to wear black, wear more revealing versions of their clothes, suddenly want to get in the pants of whoever is #1 guy, suddenly be power hungry and pure evil, etc? Its happened cut and paste so many times. its disgusting and its sexist and I'm tired of it (especially when that's usually one out of very few women in thro group)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
S4vIZuQ.jpg

"City muggle?"

zeemumu

She wasn't. She used them. She didn't care about them. She wasn't like her flashpoint version at all.

That Harley's morality revolved around that joker much like Harley normally. The new joker only worked until she decided he couldn't replace hers

Again, morality != personality

Yeah batman was slightly different due to circumstances. Wonder woman was a completely different person

But you've seriously never seen the thing where when girls go bad in things suddenly they have to wear black, wear more revealing versions of their clothes, suddenly want to get in the pants of whoever is #1 guy, suddenly be power hungry and pure evil, etc? Its happened cut and paste so many times. its disgusting and its sexist and I'm tired of it (especially when that's usually one out of very few women in thro group)

Of course i have. We joke about evil cleavage in once upon a time all the time.

Outside of loyalty and warriors spirit, does Diana have any personality traits that aren't tied to her morality in some way? Because her morality when dealing with assholes is like 50% of her character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom