• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Thoughts on Sonic Mania?

I'm not as excited as I would've been if Sonic 4 had been good but it certainly looks interesting. The level designs remind me of Sonic 1-3 and the Sonic sprite reminds me of Sonic CD for some reason. I think it's the color.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The already broken sound cut out completely as the presenter was about to drop the big announcement, which turned out to be a spruced up rom hack.

I think that perfectly personifies the state of this abhorrent franchise.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Generations and Colors were decent so they aren't running a complete losing streak.

That's one good game and one decent game amongst an absolute myriad of shit.

Going back a decade

Sonic the Hedgehog (Playstation 3, Xbox 360) - 2006
Sonic Rivals (PSP) - 2006
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis (Gameboy Advance) - 2006
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii) - 2007
Sonic Rush Adventure (DS) - 2007
Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP) - 2007
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii) - 2007
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (DS) - 2008
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (PS2 & Wii) - 2008
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) - 2008
Sega Superstars Tennis - 2008
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (Wii & DS) - 2008
Sonic Unleashed (PS2, PS3, Wii, & Xbox 360) - 2008
Sonic & the Black Knight (Wii) - 2009
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii, DS) - 2009
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing (DS, Wii, PS3, & Xbox 360) - 2010
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, Wii Ware) - 2010
Sonic Colors (Wii & DS) - 2010
Sonic Free Riders (Xbox 360) - 2010
Sonic Generations (3DS, PS3, & Xbox 360) - 2011
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic games (Wii, 3DS) - 2011
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (PlayStation Network & Xbox Live) - 2012
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Xbox 360, PS3, PSVITA, Wii U, 3DS & PC) - 2012
Sonic Jump (iOS) - 2012
Sonic Dash (iOS) - 2013
Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS) - 2013
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games (Wii U, 3DS) - November 15, 2013
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U) - 2014

zeemumu

That's one good game and one decent game amongst an absolute myriad of shit.

Going back a decade

Sonic the Hedgehog (Playstation 3, Xbox 360) - 2006
Sonic Rivals (PSP) - 2006
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis (Gameboy Advance) - 2006
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii) - 2007
Sonic Rush Adventure (DS) - 2007
Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP) - 2007
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii) - 2007
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (DS) - 2008
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (PS2 & Wii) - 2008
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) - 2008
Sega Superstars Tennis - 2008
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (Wii & DS) - 2008
Sonic Unleashed (PS2, PS3, Wii, & Xbox 360) - 2008
Sonic & the Black Knight (Wii) - 2009
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii, DS) - 2009
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing (DS, Wii, PS3, & Xbox 360) - 2010
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, Wii Ware) - 2010
Sonic Colors (Wii & DS) - 2010
Sonic Free Riders (Xbox 360) - 2010
Sonic Generations (3DS, PS3, & Xbox 360) - 2011
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic games (Wii, 3DS) - 2011
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (PlayStation Network & Xbox Live) - 2012
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Xbox 360, PS3, PSVITA, Wii U, 3DS & PC) - 2012
Sonic Jump (iOS) - 2012
Sonic Dash (iOS) - 2013
Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS) - 2013
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games (Wii U, 3DS) - November 15, 2013
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U) - 2014

Sonic 06 was bad
Never heard anything from Rivals
Don't know about the port of the 1st one
Secret Rings was a C-
Rush Adventure was annoying
Again, never heard anything from Rivals
Olympic Games was just a party game
Didn't like any Sonic Riders beyond the 1st
Brawl is great
Tennis was probably fine
Chronicles was bad
Unleashed was fun on the day sections and bad on the night ones
Black Knight was bad
Olympic games...party games
All Stars Racing was fine
Sonic 4 was bad
Colors was good
Refer to last Sonic Riders
Generations was fun
Party game
Sonic 4 was bad
All stars racing transformed was fine
Jump was fine
Dash was fine
Lost World was a C
Party game
Let's not talk about Sonic Boom

For the record, I don't have an issue with calling any of the games bad. There are certainly some in there that are awful, but I reserve the words trash and garbage for extremely bad games. If I use it for everything then it loses its value and no one will take it seriously. Sonic 06, Lost World, Sonic 4, and Chronicles were really the only true garbage ones.

If we can count spiritual successors then Freedom Planet was a great Sonic game.

bUdsXxg.jpg

R
A
W

M
E

zeemumu

Wuvcraft says the new Blair Witch movie is really good.

And I FINISHED DRACULA! Finally. I feel cultured.

The climax of that book is really flaccid and rushed. The climax and resolution happens over the span of about 7 pages. They spent about 40 pages building it up.

omg my brother and his fiance are just the cutest! :D

the wedding rehearsal went so well today. Everybody at dinner was so nice and pretty

I ate too many tacos

It is my 31st birthday today

I fell old

Happy birthday! And here's to many many more! ♥

I thought my abs would have regenerated by now but the pain is even worse today. I'm completely immobilized.

Thanks for sharing. Honestly. You can do it! It's for the best :)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
*Eating pizza, opens thread*

*Sees hot woman*

*Regrets pizza*

Also it's 2 AM and I'm drunk. I'm a regular prince charming

Jobbs

Banned
Um... how?

i1AL4B9.png

I have to ask: by whom?

they were big tacos and I'm only 5'6"/130lbs so it was a lot for me! :p

erica was drunk and was gonna puke so I was trying to help her then she puked and some got on me.

it's oddly similar to something that happened years ago but this wasn't quite as bad (that one went straight down my shirt). this was more like just getting splashed a little

7 tacos is a lot btw

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I had 6 pieces of pizza how many tacos is that equivalent to

That's enough tacos, not too many.

I think it bears mentioning that your and my caloric intake probably differ a lot haha. I'm generally about 1800 Cal/day.

You guys suck entertain me

-What is your favorite scent?
-How many airplanes have you fixed?
-The fiance's sister at tonight's dinner started choking on a marshmallow at the chocolate fountain, and had to be rescued by someone else. Was it in bad taste for me to break the silence with "More like choke-late fountain! Am I right?"
-What is the highest speed you have ever driven a car at? Is it higher than 127 mph?
-If you had to change your name to something else, which name would you pick?

erica was drunk and was gonna puke so I was trying to help her then she puked and some got on me.

it's oddly similar to something that happened years ago but this wasn't quite as bad (that one went straight down my shirt). this was more like just getting splashed a little

7 tacos is a lot btw

Eh. Drunk enough to puke is too far IMO. I don't like hanging with people who get that wasted.

Although then again I feel a lot like retching right now, and I only had a small glass of champagne to toast with. Hopefully I shit most of it out so that fitting into the dress tomorrow isn't a problem.

Xiao Hu

Thanks for sharing. Honestly. You can do it! It's for the best :)

Jesus, Lil. You have no idea how much I appreciate that positive energy you're radiating. Thank you! :*

Is it ok to share some pics from the actual wedding later? It looked so authentic and nice on the pics you provided before...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There's a dope dress up party on tonight but I'm far too burned out from an awful week of bullshit to go. So instead I'm sitting indoors with some good brews and a movie.

Lazily whipped up a roast pumpkin, spinach, marinated fetta (from my cheese showbag), black olive, toasted pinenuts, and cherry tomato salad for dinner.

untitled-1fwsrj.jpg

Jesus, Lil. You have no idea how much I appreciate that positive energy you're radiating. Thank you! :*

Is it ok to share some pics from the actual wedding later? It looked so authentic and nice on the pics you provided before...

You're very welcome! :)

The pics from earlier were my backyard for the rehearsal dinner, not where the wedding ceremony will actually be. I have some pics of the venue today from the rehearsal, but few of the decorations were up. I'm not going to have my phone on me for most tomorrow, and I'll also be quite busy, so I'm not sure that I'll actually be able to take any pictures. That said, I'll be more than happy to share some once the paid photographer delivers. ♥

There's a dope dress up party on tonight but I'm far too burned out from an awful week of bullshit to go. So instead I'm sitting indoors with some good brews and a movie.

Lazily whipped up a roast pumpkin, spinach, marinated fetta (from my cheese showbag), black olive, toasted pinenuts, and cherry tomato salad for dinner.

I wish my food looked like that when I "lazily" whipped it up!

Feta cheese is so great for salads.

Jobbs

Banned
Eh. Drunk enough to puke is too far IMO. I don't like hanging with people who get that wasted.

Although then again I feel a lot like retching right now, and I only had a small glass of champagne to toast with. Hopefully I shit most of it out so that fitting into the dress tomorrow isn't a problem.

You're retching over a glass of champagne? Erica's laughing (well, she's actually more out than I've ever seen someone be, but she would be laughing). She's quite small too

But yeah I'm a bit out of my element. She was with a particular friend who was egging her on and she got a bit carried away. Heavy drinking isn't my usual thing.

(my usual thing is hanging out at home, so I guess it's good people get me out of the house sometimes)

-What is your favorite scent?
-How many airplanes have you fixed?
-The fiance's sister at tonight's dinner started choking on a marshmallow at the chocolate fountain, and had to be rescued by someone else. Was it in bad taste for me to break the silence with "More like choke-late fountain! Am I right?"
-What is the highest speed you have ever driven a car at? Is it higher than 127 mph?
-If you had to change your name to something else, which name would you pick?

-fresh flowers
-a lot, but it's the same the same planes over and over
-....it's a good pun I approve
-no, I think it's like 90 for me
-DAENERYS TARGARYEN, FIRST OF HER NAME, QUEEN OF THE ANDALS AND THE FIRST MEN, KHALEESI OF THE GREAT GRASS SEA, THE UNBURNT, BREAKER OF CHAINS, AND THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS

Need a woman to entertain you?=p

Got one thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom