• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK— don't use real handcuffs during sex with people you've just met.

I can't find it, but many years ago a friend sent me a memorable story about a couple of guys who were handcuffed to the same woman's bed on consecutive weekends— the second of which called the police after she threw a glass of water on him and left.

Novelty handcuffs can at least be broken under the same circumstances.

Well that and real handcuffs and easily cause injuries.

zeemumu

"Spartans never die, Jorge. They're just missing in action."

*cue every Spartan on that team dying except for one."

No it never happened in that comic.

Whole thing is a mess. Really shows me how little DC cares about women honestly.

Alright good, because I have the book and I started thinking I missed a section. I wonder if the combined 5 minutes-worth of gameplay/cutscenes from The Killing Joke in the Arkham series is a more faithful adaptation than this.

I've never seen Barbara as a "I did it all for you!" character. She always seemed to have her own reasons.

zeemumu

I'm not very consistent on watching South Park. I should go back and watch the Cock Magic one now that I know how the game works and can properly appreciate the references

Also Sonic Generations 2

tumblr_oar4mqEo7F1r0fu7go1_500.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

zeemumu

I finished Dracula and now I need a new book to read.

The sheriff in Stranger Things seems to give no fucks. Maybe he's just tired

Nerdkiller

Membeur
No. Season 19 was the best season they've ever had. Consistently funny with every episode a delight, but also genuinely earnest in its message.

It seemed more to say that Parker and Stone are becoming the old men that they once raged against by not quite able to comprehend the changing world around them. I really don't expect them to change, given what the "You're Getting Old" episode said on a metatextual level. They'll probably slag off Trump (in the form of Garrison) in the next series, but I do think they'll continue to do the same with Hillary, as before (which given the circumstances, is increasingly unneeded these days).

I'm not very consistent on watching South Park. I should go back and watch the Cock Magic one now that I know how the game works and can properly appreciate the references
i2HQp0j.gif

zeemumu

Played Pokemon Go today and got 47 pokemon. Is that normal?

47 different Pokemon or 47 Pokemon in general? If you got 47 Pokedex entries in one day that's pretty damn good. Me and a few friends are supposed to go walk around for some later on today.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I bought Jalapeno jelly today.

It's green.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
47 different Pokemon or 47 Pokemon in general? If you got 47 Pokedex entries in one day that's pretty damn good. Me and a few friends are supposed to go walk around for some later on today.

Remembered wrong. 43 new pokemon entries. Im not repeating pokemon.

zeemumu

Remembered wrong. 43 new pokemon entries. Im not repeating pokemon.

That's still pretty impressive. You must live in a pretty diverse area, or at least one with a ton of lures. I'm up to 86 caught/90 seen in the Pokedex. The ones seen but not caught were Kabutops, Butterfree, Chancey, and Poliwag

It seemed more to say that Parker and Stone are becoming the old men that they once raged against by not quite able to comprehend the changing world around them. I really don't expect them to change, given what the "You're Getting Old" episode said on a metatextual level. They'll probably slag off Trump (in the form of Garrison) in the next series, but I do think they'll continue to do the same with Hillary, as before (which given the circumstances, is increasingly unneeded these days).

I disagree. I think it showed that Parker and Stone have a stronger grasp of what's going on than ever, and far more so than many other people. The last couple episodes especially contextualized this and brought it all home. It's grown up from being a show about being ridiculous, to being a show about demonstrating and lampshading ridiculousness. The distinction may seem subtle, but it's important, and it's a vast improvement.

I finished Dracula and now I need a new book to read.

The sheriff in Stranger Things seems to give no fucks. Maybe he's just tired

If you're touring classics, Frankenstein, War of the Worlds, Out of the Silent Planet.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Sitting here and feeling alright and drinking cold beer and sweating profoundly 'cause its still so so hot. AMA
(that i will then ignore and never reply to)

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I disagree. I think it showed that Parker and Stone have a stronger grasp of what's going on than ever, and far more so than many other people. The last couple episodes especially contextualized this and brought it all home. It's grown up from being a show about being ridiculous, to being a show about demonstrating and lampshading ridiculousness. The distinction may seem subtle, but it's important, and it's a vast improvement.
I wouldn't think so. I think this post here speaks a lot of what I have to say about the last series as a whole.

http://moviebob.blogspot.ie/2016/01/note-following-piece-is-possible-in.html

Bob Chipman said:
There’s no such thing, as Trey Parker and Matt Stone have always been all too eager to remind us, as an unacceptable target when it comes to satire. But choice and timing of targets can reveal a lot about those picking them, and in turning the full measure of its guns (an entire season of television) on perceived cornerstones of Millennial culture and, implicitly, on Millennials as a generational-class themselves, South Park would appear to have completed its transition from rebellious “angry kid” firebrand raging at every hint of authority to established, dug-in angry old man shaking a fist at the generation rising up behind it. And while South Park has endured and made fools of its critics before, it’s hard to imagine how you pull out of this particular trajectory when your “brand” has always been blunt-honesty at all costs.

“You’re Getting Old,” indeed.

oh god I can't stand "Moviebob" Bob Chipman. I disagree with him almost constantly, and he seems to exist only for the reason of complaining that things aren't as good as they used to be.

lol

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sitting here and feeling alright and drinking cold beer and sweating profoundly 'cause its still so so hot. AMA
(that i will then ignore and never reply to)

When was the last time you put your banana in a strawberry jam bottle?

zeemumu

Speaking of books, I remember Dr. Seuss books being the hardest books in the world to take quizzes on. How do they expect you to remember if it was the flamflooglers or the flimfogglers or the foomfinglers? That's bullshit.

zeemumu

War and Peace was worth over 100 AR points but it was still too dry to stomach.

I don't know if that one is my thing. Have you ever read a book called A Child Called It? That thing is brutal. It's about a kid who essentially got Cinderella'd by his mom except with torture. Cinderella's step mother didn't put her in a makeshift gas chamber for fun.

zeemumu

There's some irony in this cliche douchey boyfriend and cliche smart yet completely clueless overachiever accusing each other of being cliches.

South Park is still on?

South Park still relevant??????

The bigger question is why Trey and Matt still have fans that aren't shitty teenagers or edgelord redditors???

Jobbs

Banned
I don't think I've watched south park in like ten years. I got tired of their libertarian crap

There was a show about electric cars and the people driving them smelling their own farts. Oh, hilarious. Dumb idiots

zeemumu

Damn it those Wonder Woman and Justice League trailers look good.

The sidewalk is too hot to walk barefoot on for more than a few minutes.

zeemumu

I haven't watched the show in a long time but I remember it getting to a point where it seemed like most episodes were just a vehicle for them to deliver their libertarian sounding point of view on something

It's gotten better over time.

I left off at some episode about human ads. How far am I from where it is now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom