• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

I want it because it's a Nintendo player. It'll have the next smash, the next splatoon, the next mario kart, etc -- The only way they could dissuade me from getting it is if it had super gimmicky controls (like Wii, which completely alienated me).

And it doesn't
You never played the Wii???=O

WTF???:(

Jobbs

Banned
You never played the Wii???=O

WTF???:(

I had one for like a week. I hated it and sold it on ebay. HATED. IT.

terrible controls aside (I don't want to move my hands) the low resolution and shit graphics were just untenable at that point

I thought Sakurai didn't want to make another Smash? I don't like Splatoon nor Mario Kart

there'll be another one.. let's not fool ourselves

also zelda -- and maybe a metroid (who knows)

I actually think the wii's poor graphics were one of its strengths as a novelty console. It meant if you wanted to try something interesting with the Wii remotes then there wasn't a significant investment.

That said, nobody ever did anything worthwhile with it despite thousands of people trying.

there'll be another one.. let's not fool ourselves

also zelda -- and maybe a metroid (who knows)
Zelda is on Wii U. I'm not buying a new console for very slightly better graphics. Smash, if it comes, is super super far away.

MutFox

Banned
Neither of those seem like good things.

I'm probably super biased by my personal dismissal of mobile games and my despising working on Tegra hardware, but I'm also having a hard time thinking of a single person I know IRL who would want this.

If you don't like Nintendo software,
then it won't be for your demographic.

Though people that love Nintendo games on both console and handheld only have to buy 1 device now.
It'll also bring both their audiences to 1 platform.

Heck, some people will never use it as a handheld and just leave it hooked to the TV.
They may never buy any of the handheld games and just buy the traditional console ones.
And vice versa.
Also, their handhelds have decent 3rd party support.

Still, have to see the design.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm spending like two or three hours a day on WoW again. What is wrong with me...?

Timu

I had one for like a week. I hated it and sold it on ebay. HATED. IT.

terrible controls aside (I don't want to move my hands) the low resolution and shit graphics were just untenable at that point
TBH the graphics didn't bother me, sure I would go for a superior multiplat over the Wii version, definitely a PC one as I'm mainly a PC gamer, but hey, as long as the games were good, it didn't matter too much though the original Xbox being HD and not the Wii was kinda funny.

Jobbs

Banned
I actually think the wii's poor graphics were one of its strengths as a novelty console. It meant if you wanted to try something interesting with the Wii remotes then there wasn't a significant investment.

That said, nobody ever did anything worthwhile with it despite thousands of people trying.

Zelda is on Wii U. I'm not buying a new console for very slightly better graphics. Smash, if it comes, is super super far away.

It's a Nintendo player -- So I know I'll need it sooner or later, plus we can probably divine that it's unlikely to drop dramatically in price for a long ass time because Nintendo is Nintendo. May as well just get it.

I'm sorry but we can't be friends anymore

blue hair don't care

jk I care :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
blue hair don't care
Did you dye your hair blue?

Totally random, but this is my house. From a couple of months ago.

uUJlKpm.jpg

The twist: the house in the distance is my neighbors. That's just my yard.

Timu

Last Gen I was PC, Wii and PS3...
Still, mostly PC. :p
I was mostly PC, but also did a lot of gaming on 360, PS3 and Wii.

Wii got less time because I mainly played exclusives on it and not enough multiplats compared to the other systems.

Halcyon

I bought a Wii to play Mario Galaxy and monkey around with Wii sports.

It's been a shitty Netflix player for my bedroom for years.

dralla

I think I'm addicted to flavored seltzer. I have't drunk soda in about five years now but I recently started drinking seltzer. Black cherry is GOAT so far. Peach is really good too. I got some Tangerine Limeade flavor today

I bought a Wii to play Mario Galaxy and monkey around with Wii sports.

It's been a shitty Netflix player for my bedroom for years.

The Wii is probably the worst console I've ever bought. Without the Galaxy games, it is straight trash

MutFox

Banned
I was mostly PC, but also did a lot of gaming on 360, PS3 and Wii.

Wii got less time because I mainly played exclusives on it and not enough multiplats compared to the other systems.

I played a lot of Wii Sports when it came out.
Played with friends that weren't gamers too...
Especially the bowling. :p

Think I spent more time on the Wii than my PS3, as multiplats were on the PC.
Though I did play a lot of PS1 and PS2 games on the PS3. :p

SolVanderlyn

This Wii hate is giving me multiple forms of cancer

FloatOn

I borrowed my former brother in law's wii

I only played mario galaxy, twilight princess and resident evil 4 to completion

good times but nothing life changing

Timu

The Wii is probably the worst console I've ever bought. Without the Galaxy games, it is straight trash
No way dude!!!
I played a lot of Wii Sports when it came out.
Played with friends that weren't gamers too...
Especially the bowling. :p

Think I spent more time on the Wii than my PS3, as multiplats were on the PC.
Though I did play a lot of PS1 and PS2 games on the PS3. :p
I wish I had a PS3 that played PS2 games, though I hear about the YLOD on early PS3 models.

dralla

This Wii hate is giving me multiple forms of cancer

Worst Smash, worst Mario Kart, worst Zelda (SS), no Metroid, garbage technical capabilities and online service, imprecise pointer controls, no third party support. Once the novelty wore off you're left with the worst Nintendo console off all time.

Conversely, the Wii U is awesome in spite of its failure

MutFox

Banned
I wish I had a PS3 that played PS2 games, though I hear about the YLOD on early PS3 models.

I got the MGS4 version.
As it had the Dual Shock version of the controller and BC.

Still works, just bought a a couple PS3 games the other day. :p

SolVanderlyn

Worst Smash, worst Mario Kart, worst Zelda (SS), no Metroid, garbage technical capabilities and online service, imprecise pointer controls, no third party support. Once the novelty wore off you're left with the worst Nintendo console off all time.

I liked all of those games aside from Mario Kart, and Metroid Prime 3 exists and is one of my favorite games. :( It had the best version of Resident Evil 4, the Resident Evil Chronicles games, the Mario Galaxies, No More Heroes, Fire Emblem 10... so many games I liked.

MutFox

Banned

Metroid Prime: Corruption

Timu

Worst Smash Yes.

worst Mario Kart
No.

worst Zelda (SS) Yes.

no Metroid Metroid Prime 3 exist.

dralla

I liked all of those games aside from Mario Kart, and Metroid Prime 3 exists and is one of my favorite games. :(

Oh god you're right. I forgot about MP3. I remember hating it from the little I played. Metroid Prime is an all time classic to me. MP2 is good. MP3 = sadness

Xiao Hu

Metroid Other Mist (Mist= German for trash).

Should I make a Tinder account? I'm hitting rock bottom with my loneliness again and euphoric rush I had two weeks ago is almost gone. I feel like an anxious piece of shit again...

MutFox

Banned
Reminds me that I bought Metroid Other M...

:(

Can't believe my last fave Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission, came out 12 years ago... :|

jb1234

Metroid Other Mist (Mist= German for trash).

Should I make a Tinder account? I'm hitting rock bottom with my loneliness again and euphoric rush I had two weeks ago is almost gone. I feel like an anxious piece of shit again...

NO. GET DRUNK WITH ME ISTEAD

Xiao Hu

While I am a very charming person (on my good days), you're gonna want more reasons to visit Seattle than just me, haha.

(That said, it's a lovely city.)

Well, I always wanted to throw shit at the Nintendo hq for being a worthless piece of shit ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Jobbs

Banned
I hate the national anthem. It needs to be retired. Francis Scott Key was the most reprehensible human being and I want nothing to do with him

SolVanderlyn

I can't believe a piece of chicken only has like 100 calories

Symphonia

Banned
My mams been sectioned, and...I just don't know what to do. She blames us for it. She has an addiction to her tablet and Facebook. I went to see her tonight and she kicked off because it weren't working. All the family came round as she was proper going mad. She even called the police on account of us not letting her on the web. Theu came and detained her under the mental health act, and an ambulance was called, who said they're sectioning her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom