• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This thread is slightly unnerving at day, but at night it shows its true colors. That, my friend, is when you

tumblr_m0u4w1O6K41qmb7u4o8_400.gif

Metroid>Zelda, every time!
I love Zelda, but I think this is true. LttP and OoT might be better than any Metroid games... maybe. None of the others are, though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The Wii was such a good system. It might even be my favorite all around console. It had so much shovelware, but it was like for every three shovelware games you had an AMAZING game.

Metroid Prime 3 is underrated. It's just shy of being as good as the first game. I liked Skyward Sword a lot too, much more than Twilight Princess.

Timu

The Wii is fucking godly. Such amazing library. Mario Galaxies, Zeldas, Metroid Prime 3 and trilogy, MN on more heroes, Xenoblade, etc.
Yes, I do love their exclusives, but I hate motion controls, and worse games that only force you to use them entirely. Metroid Prime 3 for example, should had let us use a traditional controller. And I hated that Metroid Prime Trilogy didn't even have Gamecube and classic controller support.

TBH the Super Mario Galaxy games are the few masterpieces on the system. Others range from great to good. Twilight Princess was worse than Wind Waker but still good.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Wii, I just hate motion controls, it doesn't have as great third party support and tons of shovelware!!!=O

Timu

The Wii was such a good system. It might even be my favorite all around console. It had so much shovelware, but it was like for every three shovelware games you had an AMAZING game.

Metroid Prime 3 is underrated. It's just shy of being as good as the first game.
It's no SNES.=p Or NES, or Gamecube.

I like Metroid Prime 3 but it's not as good as the 1st 2. BTW the 1st Metroid Prime is one of the greatest games ever made, period.

Pau

Finally got my laptop back from Dell.

Now to go back to sleeping all day.

I liked the Wii. Probably like more games on the GameCube overall but the Wii had a nice library and in particular Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

I've never really played any of the SNES games. D:

MutFox

Banned
Have a Wii U + PC combo.
Pretty much all the games...

Though I do wanna get a PS4 cheap when the Neo comes out.
Last Guardian for me and Bloodborne for my bro.

Probably get some other stuff on the cheap.

**EDIT** ^^ Oh yeah Gravity Rush!!

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
No interest

But seriously:
Horizon, until dawn, persona 5, Detroit, KH3, Gravity Rush remastered, Gravity Rush 2, disgaea 5, bloodborne, kh2.8
Only p5 is really a must have on that list for me. Disgaea 5 too, but the disgaea games get pc releases. And like what I get from a PC FSR far FAR outweighs that. But that's me ymmv. Personally my PS4 is a coaster and my Xbox one is a glorified remote control

MutFox

Banned
Watched the M. Obama and B. Sanders speeches from last night.
Both were pretty damn good.

I don't understand people that vote Rep.
Unless they're super wealthy, they're voting against their own self interests.

MutFox

Banned
Only p5 is really a must have on that list for me. Disgaea 5 too, but the disgaea games get pc releases. And like what I get from a PC FSR far FAR outweighs that. But that's me ymmv. Personally my PS4 is a coaster and my Xbox one is a glorified remote control

That's why I'd buy PS4 on the cheap, not enough exclusives to buy it at full.
PC is where most of my gaming happens...

Well, Pokemon Go is taking a bunch of it on mobile though... :p

MutFox

Banned
Deatchable controllers on the NX reminds me of their OG console...
73781_2.PNG

:p

Have one in storage somewhere...
Relatives in Japan sent me a bunch of Famicom games when I was a kid.
Fire Emblem was awesome back then :p

Misha

Banned
Only the first disgaea game is on pic and it takes them long enough to port them to handhelds. Can't imagine how long it will take till 5 makes it to pc

Also I thought you really likes until dawn or am I thinking of someone else?

Personally though if I have the option 9/10 times I'll buy a game for PC rather than consoles

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I like pokemon go but it's no pocket Morty.

Anyways, I can't decide if I wanna get a turbo next or a sega mk3

AND yes I love until dawn, but it's not a system seller

But seriously:
Horizon, until dawn, persona 5, Detroit, KH3, Gravity Rush remastered, Gravity Rush 2, disgaea 5, bloodborne, kh2.8

I agree with this list.

Dragon Quest XI is another major one for me. I still don't own a 3DS and I'd prefer it on a console over a handheld anyway.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Deatchable controllers on the NX reminds me of their OG console...
73781_2.PNG

:p

Have one in storage somewhere...
Relatives in Japan sent me a bunch of Famicom games when I was a kid.
Fire Emblem was awesome back then :p
Detachable...yet still hard wired.

Good thing they did away with that in the next Famicom revision.

MutFox

Banned
Detachable...yet still hard wired.

Good thing they did away with that in the next Famicom revision.

The cables were so short on the Famicom... :| (Like shorter than the new retro NES)
Also, never had a game that used the mic option on controller 2. (Which would have probably been a gimmick)

MutFox

Banned
I still want one of these at some point:

NES-101-Console-Set.jpg

Taking the best of the NES and Famicom.

I knew one friend that got one at Value Village for less than $20... :|
Though my NES still works, so I don't really need it...

That color scheme is I C O N I C

So is this
nes-megaman.jpg

NX rumors are doing nothing for me since I never play mobile games. I'm not going to make the mistake of buying another platform just for Nintendo games again, especially as a Smash sequel seems unlikely.

And I don't think people want a big bulky tablet with handles frankensteined onto it either. It's already annoying enough to lug around a regular tablet, and that actually does useful things besides play games so there's further incentive.

I really hope I'm wrong here.

zeemumu

Oh bad box art Mega Man...

I have no idea what happened to the boxes for my N64 and Game Boy/ GBA games. They're either in the attic or they've been thrown out

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I would be okay if the NX is something like those laptops with the detachable keyboard. The graphics are already not going to be doing more than PS4 or XB1 but Nintendo usually knows how to work within their limitations. (Third Party Support will suck ass and I expect poorly optimized titles like the Wii U did at launch from the 3rd Party Devs)

MutFox

Banned
I'll probably get an NX on launch...
Depending if Zelda is on there.

Rather not spend anymore on the Wii U.

And having all the portable and console games on one system...
This will probably have the best first party support ever.

SolVanderlyn

If I had tons of excess money to blow, I'd totally buy a Super Famicom and a ton of import games.

SolVanderlyn

All those Super Famicom games work on the Super NES.
You just have to clip out 2 plastic guards on the Super NES.

Did that way back when.
Yeah, but a hax0red SNES look this cool?

latest

The novelty of owning this would be enough reason to buy one.

I liked the original Gameboy Advance. Too bad it was ergonomically awful.
I liked the SP, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom