• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
And done. Man I can't believe that took over an hour. On the plus side I'm on the list to get more removed soon. I'll have a smooth head one day hahaha.

My dad dropped out of seeing Lights Out tonight because one of his businesses needed him. It ended up being fine though because Justin wanted to go see the movie too so we drove down to the theater together. Not like this, because Justin doesn't have a motorcycle, but I'm going to use some visual aids to help out.

tumblr_o71ctxJnhZ1vtil9ko5_400.gif

Some asshole almost t-boned us on the drive over so I could have died. But I didn't. Anyway the guy somehow got it into his head that we were to blame, not him running the red light, and so he like angrily drove next to us and kept giving us the finger and yelling at us. So Justin and I took the high road by smiling happily at him and giving him a thumbs up. Then that pissed him off, but instead of continuing to yell he started driving even more aggressively and returned the smile and thumbs up. For the next couple minutes, it was a game of who could be the most passive aggressive and smile the most. It was all very awkward. I'm sure his dangerous driving will eventually catch up to him some day.

tumblr_nx9fykL3381ug15eko1_500.gif

Anyway we were already running late for the movie and I felt like trash because I had had to shower after work but didn't have enough time to dry or straighten my hair, so it was super frizzy and trashy and I didn't have any makeup on. But whatever. We were going to be in the dark for an hour and a half. Anyway, we were already running late for the movie but fortunately a parking spot opened up right in front so we didn't have to loop around and search for a spot, which is unusual. And then, as the two of us were power-walking to the theater, I spotted a $20 bill randomly left on the ground. I thought it might be a joke or something based on the way it had gotten wedged into the corner, like someone deliberately placed it there.

tumblr_nv7v34eQvb1si3tc1o1_540.gif

But no, it was just a random twenty someone had misplaced. Movie tickets were only $5 tonight, so basically someone accidentally paid for us to go see the movie. However when we were in line to buy the tickets I saw a poster for Nerve, which obviously I wanted to see. Somehow I hadn't been paying attention, and I had forgotten it was playing, and it seemed more interesting at the time than Lights Out, and there was a showing just fifteen minutes later, so I manipulated Justin into seeing it with me. For fun, imagine me a little like this:

tumblr_nvdbnzD9UW1sw1p7ko3_500.gif

Okay so we went and saw Nerve. I'm not going to say it was an amazing movie, but it was better than I expected. Really, I just wanted a vehicle to pair two of my favorite actors together and watch a cliche "learn to be adventurous" theme. But what I also got was a lovingly paced, beautifully shot, pleasantly scored movie with a lot of heart. The real theme of the movie is don't be a shitty Internet bully, and that complacent bystanders have to bear some of the responsibility as well. It was really cute ♥

EMMADAVE.gif

Here's the thing. You can see several more paragraphs after this so you already know that's not where the story ends. You're too clever. You know that, right? So what happened next was that Justin pointed out we still had $10 left over from our treasure, and that there happened to be another showing of Lights Out just fifteen minutes later. So we bought two tickets for that showing and sat our butts down in the packed theater. Lots of people wanted to be scared, I guess. I guess you could say they have a lot of nerve

Emma-Roberts-emma-roberts-38891539-250-250.gif

Lights Out is a very short movie. It's incredibly tight and doesn't overstay its welcome. It's funny without being silly. The characters act in very rational and savvy manner, yet are still in enough threat of danger to make several scenes incredibly tense. There are a lot of clever visuals and scenes that are self-explanatory, without needing any exposition from the characters, which is quite refreshing. It's not the scariest movie ever, and it hits a lot of horror tropes (insane asylum, misunderstood ghost, etc), but it's very solid. Here's a GIF from Nerve that makes it also look like a horror movie. But it's not.

giphy.gif

Now I know what you're thinking. "Lili, did you tell Justin about the lesbian dreams you've been having?" That's what you're all waiting for, isn't it? I notoriously have shit movie opinions so nobody cares whether I liked those movies or not. Let's get into the real meat and potatoes: Lili's love life. The answer is yes. I did. He kept the conversation very short and said he didn't think it bothered him, but that he'd have to think it over more later and probably want to talk about it more later. So now I have that to look forward to! :O

tumblr_o5g3mkdDiE1tw1vhco1_400.gif

I don't know what's going on. I don't know how I'm supposed to communicate what's going on or expect others to bear with me until I do know what's going on. For now I'm just going to repress it though. It's worked for me so far.

tumblr_o9ut2bm3a91qk7scno1_400.gif

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I didn't realise you did jokes.

Man, that can cause cysts huh? Bummer.

You're not Lili. I still have no fucking idea what that glue gun joke is about.
I'm just lucky.

I get particularly annoyed when I tell people about them and all I get back is "well maybe you shouldn't put all that crap in your hair" Bitch it's vegan and probably a damn side better (not to mention more expensive) than the cheap shit you use. Then I tell them I've had them for 15 years, long before I started dying my hair. That tends to shut people up hahaha.

Jobbs

Banned
Lili stuff

What's the reason for telling him about your lesbian dreams? Like, why does it matter unless you're trying to say that you want to DO something about it?

I can't tell my night with Emma gifs really unless there are Emma gifs that describe waiting for a girl to come over who never does and playing Bloodborne

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
There's a few types if I remember correctly, the least serious of which is basically just an iron deficiency, more steaks for him.
This reminds me that I haven't had a steak in years.

Maybe I should fix that tomorrow (today now)

FUME5

Now I know what you're thinking. "Lili, did you tell Justin about the lesbian dreams you've been having?" That's what you're all waiting for, isn't it? I notoriously have shit movie opinions so nobody cares whether I liked those movies or not. Let's get into the real meat and potatoes: Lili's love life. The answer is yes. I did. He kept the conversation very short and said he didn't think it bothered him, but that he'd have to think it over more later and probably want to talk about it more later. So now I have that to look forward to! :O

Best case scenario:

I'm just lucky.

I get particularly annoyed when I tell people about them and all I get back is "well maybe you shouldn't put all that crap in your hair" Bitch it's vegan and probably a damn side better (not to mention more expensive) than the cheap shit you use. Then I tell them I've had them for 15 years, long before I started dying my hair. That tends to shut people up hahaha.

Hah, fair enough, I'd assumed it was genetic, which I guess it kind of is.

What's the reason for telling him about your lesbian dreams? Like, why does it matter unless you're trying to say that you want to DO something about it?

I can't tell my night with Emma gifs really unless there are Emma gifs that describe waiting for a girl to come over who never does and playing Bloodborne

I don't know. Maybe I do?

All I know is it's happening enough to make me uncomfortable with the notion that it's a random occurrence.

Best case scenario:

hahaha

oh by the way, the glue gun GIF wasn't a joke. It was just a setup for what I said after that

FUME5

I don't know. Maybe I do?

All I know is it's happening enough to make me uncomfortable with the notion that it's a random occurrence.

hahaha

oh by the way, the glue gun GIF wasn't a joke. It was just a setup for what I said after that

Yeah, I thought so (hence the setup) but I stared at that fucker for another few minutes to see if something was going over my head *shakes fist*.

I was about to dismiss your dreams as just that, dream shit, but then I thought about it and I don't think I've ever had a sex dream about another dude. I've had plenty of fucked up sex dreams, but they've all been hetero in nature.

FUME5

Oh.

Well that'd make me feel insecure as hell if I heard that from a girl hah

Nowhere near as bad as a fwb telling you they had a sex dream about you.

"Oh yeah, how was I"

"You raped me"

"Ooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkk, I'm just going to leave"

Jobbs

Banned

"Oh yeah, how was I"

"You raped me"

"Ooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkk, I'm just going to leave"

Jesus

I could only do FWB if it was exclusive.. Exclusive FWB sounds great

Yeah, I thought so (hence the setup) but I stared at that fucker for another few minutes to see if something was going over my head *shakes fist*.

I was about to dismiss your dreams as just that, dream shit, but then I thought about it and I don't think I've ever had a sex dream about another dude. I've had plenty of fucked up sex dreams, but they've all been hetero in nature.

Exactly. This is so different for me.

Fuck

I'm sorry

Oh.

Well that'd make me feel insecure as hell if I heard that from a girl hah

Right, and I wouldn't blame Justin if he confessed to this making him feel insecure. It already feels like me telling him did make him insecure, but that he didn't want to admit to it just yet in case he finds a way to cope with it in the mean time. I don't know. Perhaps I'm overthinking this.

I just want to figure this out because it's not like this means I don't want to be with Justin anymore. I was hoping that confessing the issue would help me confront it, but I feel more confused than ever.

FUME5

Jesus

I could only do FWB if it was exclusive.. Exclusive FWB sounds great

The one and only time.

Fuck

I'm sorry

Nah, don't be, pretty sure that was her way of trying to tell me she liked it rough.

Right, and I wouldn't blame Justin if he confessed to this making him feel insecure. It already feels like me telling him did make him insecure, but that he didn't want to admit to it just yet in case he finds a way to cope with it in the mean time. I don't know. Perhaps I'm overthinking this.

I just want to figure this out because it's not like this means I don't want to be with Justin anymore. I was hoping that confessing the issue would help me confront it, but I feel more confused than ever.

If my girlfriend told me this in my mid 20's, yeah, I'd feel a insecure. If I talked to any of my friends about it I'm pretty sure their reaction would have been along the lines of "Threesome!"

At my age now? I guess we'd just have to have a discussion about the nature of our relationship and whether there was a way for you to explore those feelings without turning me into a seething pile of envy. Hmmm.

Jobbs

Banned

I fully realize I'm not the same as all guys but I don't find other women as romantic rivals less threatening than men. Erica has been with girls and I don't really find it especially cute or alluring and if she wanted to do it now we'd have to end things between us.

In fact.. She never showed up tonight, I wonder if there's another woman :O

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My good friend was very bicurious with similar dreaming to lilith, but thankfully had fairly strong support from her longtime boyfriend that understood sexuality and love are complicated and a life of unexplored intimate curiosity is unhealthy.

Best of luck.

My good friend was very bicurious with similar dreaming to lilith, but thankfully had fairly strong support from her longtime boyfriend that understood sexuality and love are complicated and a life of unexplored intimate curiosity is unhealthy.

Best of luck.

Thanks! That's really encouraging to hear :)

Dreams are just dreams. I've fucked several women in my dreams. And let me tell you, I was AMAZING.

this is my favorite post of yours ever haha

If my girlfriend told me this in my mid 20's, yeah, I'd feel a insecure. If I talked to any of my friends about it I'm pretty sure their reaction would have been along the lines of "Threesome!"

At my age now? I guess we'd just have to have a discussion about the nature of our relationship and whether there was a way for you to explore those feelings without turning me into a seething pile of envy. Hmmm.

Yeah. I'm definitely anticipating a lot of talk in the future. Right now he's just lost in thought and stewing on it, which is kind of what he does sometimes.

I fully realize I'm not the same as all guys but I don't find other women as romantic rivals less threatening than men. Erica has been with girls and I don't really find it especially cute or alluring and if she wanted to do it now we'd have to end things between us.

In fact.. She never showed up tonight, I wonder if there's another woman :O

That's probably true of a lot of men, and I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Good luck with your missing woman :(

Jobbs

Banned
What we're learning is that everyone seems to dream about women.

It's like when they're arguing about transgenders in public restrooms... The people worried about it all seem to be worried mainly about penises showing up in lady's rooms... No one seems worried about vise versa

Meanwhile I don't even want penises in my men's rooms

I have to wonder if this is nature or nurture --- that sexual interest or at least aesthetic appreciation of women seems to transcend barriers more

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thanks! That's really encouraging to hear :)

For what it's worth a majority of my circle are the atypical progressive art / intellectual type so that kind of decision just makes sense to them. But yeah, you're still young and finding yourself, and I hope you have the networks to communicate and support your curiosities. Sexuality and intimacy is so important to health, it's essential to let them grow.

Otherwise you'll be consumed by repressed erotica that'll inevitably explode outward in fanfiction.

FUME5

The only dreams I remember are about mundane bullshit that seems to be my brain simulating likely future scenarios that could cause embaressment and how to avoid them.

They're never sexy or wish fulfilment. It sucks.

Ripped off, could be worse though, you could have a lot of conflict dreams thrown in the mix like yours truly.

I'm still waiting for my first FUME5 sex dream.

Fingers crossed I'm not rapey.

Xiao Hu

The last sexy dream I had in a while was about that random Latina chick my brain generated. The scenario was so...out of place...I felt weird as hell after waking up. Welp, the brain is a fascinating thing after all.

For what it's worth a majority of my circle are the atypical progressive art / intellectual type so that kind of decision just makes sense to them. But yeah, you're still young and finding yourself, and I hope you have the networks to communicate and support your curiosities. Sexuality and intimacy is so important to health, it's essential to let them grow.

Otherwise you'll be consumed by repressed erotica that'll inevitably explode outward in fanfiction.

That makes a lot of sense, and I agree. Thanks again! :)

jb1234

So much rejection today

At least I have my books

If it helps, I do consider you an attractive man. I would totally make out with you outside of the dream world. There's just far too much evidence that indicates that's not your thing. :p

(I'd also put Lili on my list of hot women but I don't want to incur Justin's ire...)

Xiao Hu

If it helps, I do consider you an attractive man. I would totally make out with you outside of the dream world. There's just far too much evidence that indicates that's not your thing. :p

(I'd also put Lili on my list of hot women but I don't want to incur Justin's ire...)

Ooooh, I would totally want to incur Justin's something else ;)

I'm totally aware that with every shit that I spill out my chances to hang out with Lil next year diminish

Why do you keep a list of hot women?

Jobbs

Banned
Been on this same shadows of assholes boss for like five deaths now... I keep getting within an inch of winning then dying to one volley of fire or one giant snake summon.

Iby3BIb.png

so annoying. I don't remember having any trouble here the first time I played.

I like to cover my bases. But if it helps, you'd be on the same list as Cate Blanchett and Michelle Obama.

Hmmm I wouldn't put them on the same list personally

I like to cover my bases. But if it helps, you'd be on the same list as Cate Blanchett and Michelle Obama.
Oh. I don't see it, but that's probably just an age thing. Actually I always thought the whole deal with Galadriel was her using magic to make people attracted to her when in truth she's just plain. I never considered she just might not be my type.

Don't we all?
I don't keep lists of any people classification.

Been on this same shadows of assholes boss for like five deaths now... I keep getting within an inch of winning then dying to one volley of fire or one giant snake summon.

Iby3BIb.png

so annoying. I don't remember having any trouble here the first time I played.
Five deaths seems par for the course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom