• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I would.

giphy.gif

What about meth then?

I want a Breaking Bad remake with FakeGAF as the cast.

Misha

Banned
I find it weird how people say esports has to punish people hard to be taken seriously when popular sports only punish people after the media finds out and people get upset and even then it's usually a slap on the wrist unless it's marijuana

Misha

Banned
Doesn't quiero mean "i want" and not "i like?"
I feel like it's harder to understand the meaning in English when you use want. I mean that's what querer literally means but as an idiom it's more like love/like. It's weird tho cause it can be used for family and friends and stuff where want would sound purely sexual in English

There's also amo which is like romantic love and gusto which is more like what we'd think of when we say "I want you" it's a sexual desire

So many nuances to speech that things don't exactly line up 100%

Kind of like with aimer and adorer in French.

I tend to think of adorer being the stronger of the two, but that's really not the case. You'd never say "je t'adore" to tell your bf/gf that you love them. It's almost always "je t'aime" even tho aimer translates to "to like" and adorer translates to "to adore/love"

zeemumu

I feel like it's harder to understand the meaning in English when you use want. I mean that's what querer literally means but as an idiom it's more like love/like. It's weird tho cause it can be used for family and friends and stuff where want would sound purely sexual in English

There's also amo which is like romantic love and gusto which is more like what we'd think of when we say "I want you" it's a sexual desire

So many nuances to speech that things don't exactly line up 100%

Yeah. It mainly threw me off because "gustar" is to like

Misha

Banned
Kind of like with aimer and adorer in French.

I tend to think of adorer being the stronger of the two, but that's really not the case. You'd never say "je t'adore" to tell your bf/gf that you love them. It's almost always "je t'aime" even tho aimer translates to "to like" and adorer translates to "to adore/love"
There's also encantar (enchanted, charmed, maybe more accurately smitten) and desear (desire, want)
But I don't know how often those are used. I've definitely heard the other three (especially te quiero) a lot
Also adorar exists in spanish
Yeah. It mainly threw me off because "gustar" is to like
You mean like or like like ;P

Seaklng

Banned
Having a really hard time lately. My cousin was killed by her boyfriend the other night. She was shot point blank in the head.

An hour or two after my mom called and told me, I got a call for an interview for a lab processing tech position on Monday. It was a relatively confusing moment for my feels. I am happy to have the interview, but still crying about this really shitty thing that happened.

I wish we all could have gotten her out of that situation. The asshole isolated her and would get mad when she talked to family. We don't even know if he was caught yet or is on the run. We're getting no straightforward answers on anything and my poor aunt just wants the investigation to end and to get her body sent from Buffalo, NY down to Florida, so we can have her memorial.

All of this hurts so much. My heart feels like it was ripped out. I can't believe this happened and part of me feels like it's just some really bad dream.

Misha

Banned
Having a really hard time lately. My cousin was killed by her boyfriend the other night. She was shot point blank in the head.

An hour or two after my mom called and told me, I got a call for an interview for a lab processing tech position on Monday. It was a relatively confusing moment for my feels. I am happy to have the interview, but still crying about this really shitty thing that happened.

I wish we all could have gotten her out of that situation. The asshole isolated her and would get mad when she talked to family. We don't even know if he was caught yet or is on the run. We're getting no straightforward answers on anything and my poor aunt just wants the investigation to end and to get her body sent from Buffalo, NY down to Florida, so we can have her memorial.

All of this hurts so much. My heart feels like it was ripped out. I can't believe this happened and part of me feels like it's just some really bad dream.
I'm so sorry. That's awful. :(

I hope the interview goes well.

Oh my god, I'm so sorry to hear that. That's so awful :(

I'm so sorry, sending thoughts your way :(

Let me know if you need anything or if I can help you and your family

Seaklng

Banned
Thanks guys. Make sure you tell your family you love them some time soon. You never know when you'll see/talk to them for the last time.

I'm so sorry, sending thoughts your way :(

Let me know if you need anything or if I can help you and your family
I should be ok eventually. Thank you ♡
Have the other side of my family where I'm at and they've been really helpful.

Saw you might get laid for your bday? Niceee

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Whoa, Super inappropriate ads for Killing Joke appearing in this page :|

I'm so sorry for you, that really truly is so awful

Seaklng

Banned
Whoa, Super inappropriate ads for Killing Joke appearing in this page :|

I'm so sorry for you, that really truly is so awful
I may be sad, but I can recognize the slight humor in that.

Thanks ♡

I'm going to go listen to the rain and sleep. Sorry for killing the mood you guys. Later

Duress

I'm sorry for your loss. If you need anything we're here for you! Feel free to write out your feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom