• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm very sorry for your loss. :(

I don't mean to make light of it, but maybe a cute kitten gif will help a little?

tumblr_o67byqeWYW1qc5o4jo1_500.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
We will have a complete traffic armageddon in the region on Saturday. Russian president is coming to visit the Russian Chapel on Vršič pass. It is 100th anniversary of snow avalanche that killed 500+ russian POW during mountain pass road construction.

And because of that they will close the whole highway (70 km) for half of the day, including the tunnel to Austria. On the most traffic-heavy weekend in the summer. Good thing is that I have free Saturday :p

Having a really hard time lately. My cousin was killed by her boyfriend the other night. She was shot point blank in the head. .
Jesus, that is awful. Sorry for your loss

Having a really hard time lately. My cousin was killed by her boyfriend the other night. She was shot point blank in the head.

An hour or two after my mom called and told me, I got a call for an interview for a lab processing tech position on Monday. It was a relatively confusing moment for my feels. I am happy to have the interview, but still crying about this really shitty thing that happened.

I wish we all could have gotten her out of that situation. The asshole isolated her and would get mad when she talked to family. We don't even know if he was caught yet or is on the run. We're getting no straightforward answers on anything and my poor aunt just wants the investigation to end and to get her body sent from Buffalo, NY down to Florida, so we can have her memorial.

All of this hurts so much. My heart feels like it was ripped out. I can't believe this happened and part of me feels like it's just some really bad dream.

I am incredibly sorry.

zeemumu

Having a really hard time lately. My cousin was killed by her boyfriend the other night. She was shot point blank in the head.

An hour or two after my mom called and told me, I got a call for an interview for a lab processing tech position on Monday. It was a relatively confusing moment for my feels. I am happy to have the interview, but still crying about this really shitty thing that happened.

I wish we all could have gotten her out of that situation. The asshole isolated her and would get mad when she talked to family. We don't even know if he was caught yet or is on the run. We're getting no straightforward answers on anything and my poor aunt just wants the investigation to end and to get her body sent from Buffalo, NY down to Florida, so we can have her memorial.

All of this hurts so much. My heart feels like it was ripped out. I can't believe this happened and part of me feels like it's just some really bad dream.

I'm so sorry :(

Misha

Banned
So I got a call from the hospital I went to yesterday asking me to call back but the phone number doesn't match the one they have online. Could this in any way be a scam?

jb1234

Deeply sorry for your loss, Seaklng.

My dumbshit and estranged father is trying to convince me (on FB, another reason to hate it) that not working is amazing, even though my career was basically the love of my life and I feel its loss every day. I can't decide whether he's being oblivious or just really insensitive (or both).

So I got a call from the hospital I went to yesterday asking me to call back but the phone number doesn't match the one they have online. Could this in any way be a scam?

In my experience, a lot of website upkeep is woefully lacking. I wouldn't risk missing out on their call.

zeemumu

I don't see a way that they could scam you by having you call back since they already have your number. Usually when I get a clear scam call it's from the "IRS" asking me to send personal information to random addresses.

Misha

Banned
In my experience, a lot of website upkeep is woefully lacking. I wouldn't risk missing out on their call.
Their website is very current from what I saw but my mom just made the point that there are usually a lot of internal office phones and such that wouldn't be listed regardless.

I'm just cautious since when I was dealing with an accident I got a call from my insurance company except it was the rep from the other person and they tricked me into making a statement. Phone is so unreliable these days

zeemumu

Someone stop me, I bought a Master System
1XLzdwFh.jpg

I don't understand. I got mad at you for assuming that I didn't know about the NES but I didn't jump into anything SEGA until the Genesis so this one actually is beyond me. What's the disc on top of the Dreamcast?

Misha

Banned
Their website is very current from what I saw but my mom just made the point that there are usually a lot of internal office phones and such that wouldn't be listed regardless.

I'm just cautious since when I was dealing with an accident I got a call from my insurance company except it was the rep from the other person and they tricked me into making a statement. Phone is so unreliable these days

So they said call back at your earliest Convenience but no one answered. That's annoying.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
What's the spool of wire for?

It's lockwire/safetywire, I'm an electronics mechanic/technician. It's for securing bolts that are moving at high speed. For example, I work on the M61A1 which fires 4500 rpm

I don't understand. I got mad at you for assuming that I didn't know about the NES but I didn't jump into anything SEGA until the Genesis so this one actually is beyond me. What's the disc on top of the Dreamcast?

That disc is Sol-Feace for Sega CD

I'm starting to notice that having a really good day makes it pretty easy for the following day to feel super shitty. Relative to everything going right and amazing, it only takes a few small problems to put me in a really sour mood.

Today hasn't even been that bad, but I feel awful. It's too hot, I yelled at my dad for ten minutes before sobbing in his arms and apologizing, I've had two sets of plans rescheduled on me, and it's too hot.

I do wonder what a cute nose looks like.
I'm weird. I don't think people are into noses as much as I am but it has just the right size for his face + such a cute tip + that nose ring *o*
Want me to take care of things?? ��

I finally found my missing woman btw
yes pls!
Where was she??
Again no Nymphomaniac haha!!

I'm starting to notice that having a really good day makes it pretty easy for the following day to feel super shitty. Relative to everything going right and amazing, it only takes a few small problems to put me in a really sour mood.

Today hasn't even been that bad, but I feel awful. It's too hot, I yelled at my dad for ten minutes before sobbing in his arms and apologizing, I've had two sets of plans rescheduled on me, and it's too hot.

sounds like a hormonal thing. this happens to me too, not always necessarily bound to shark week but it can still make you more sensitive/emotional.
it'll pass :)

Jobbs

Banned
yes pls!
Where was she??

k omw

5YOJoh7.png

her father had a heart attack so she went to the hospital to see him and kinda forgot everything else I guess. I feel like she coulda just told me that at some point but I'm willing to let it go given the circumstances

and I'm watching that tonight for real :p by the time I accepted she wasn't coming I was too tired to watch

k omw

5YOJoh7.png

her father had a heart attack so she went to the hospital to see him and kinda forgot everything else I guess. I feel like she coulda just told me that at some point but I'm willing to let it go given the circumstances

and I'm watching that tonight for real :p by the time I accepted she wasn't coming I was too tired to watch

oh fuck well that's understandable :( is her dad okay?

I'm weird. I don't think people are into noses as much as I am but it has just the right size for his face + such a cute tip + that nose ring *o*

yes pls!
Where was she??

sounds like a hormonal thing. this happens to me too, not always necessarily bound to shark week but it can still make you more sensitive/emotional.

I don't think many are as much into noses as that no, although I've seen it a few times.

The Invitation on Netflix was pretty good btw.

Yeah, I just... I just don't want to blame my attitude on that because it feels like an excuse. I want to feel like I'm in control, not at the whim of silly little messengers in my body.

Huh. I don't mean to be cynical, but when I was younger and my friend's dad had a heart attack, her whole social network knew within an hour. And this was back in 2001 before texting had become super prominent.

Jobbs

Banned
I was right

Huh. I don't mean to be cynical, but when I was younger and my friend's dad had a heart attack, her whole social network knew within an hour. And this was back in 2001 before texting had become super prominent.

I don't use facebook. we only talk to eachother directly. I use hangouts with some of my friends/family but she's not on that

jb1234

People respond differently to such things. The last time my mom was in the hospital, I only told my best friend, Bob. I just didn't want a whole bunch of people stampeding me with support when I really wanted to deal with things by myself. That said, if it becomes a habit and you're not comfortable with it, I'd discuss it with her, Matt.

she said he is supposed to be okay. I have never met him BTW.

this has been me more times than I can count

vYKHcwk.jpg

YOU SAID you already watched this! hahahha wtf is going on
oh I somehow read it as Visitation, I thought that was the last movie we discussed here.
Yeah, I just... I just don't want to blame my attitude on that because it feels like an excuse. I want to feel like I'm in control, not at the whim of silly little messengers in my body.

I mean you still are in control. you won't go batshit crazy just because of hormons but especially mood swings that don't really have any particular reason are very likely to be caused by something like that. we depend on our bodies after all.

I mean you still are in control. you won't go batshit crazy just because of hormons but especially mood swings that don't really have any particular reason are very likely to be caused by something like that. we depend on our bodies after all.

Yeah, I know. :)

Oh god the days of racing home to get on AIM lol fun times

I had to hide my internet chatting from my parents because they were worried all my friends were secretly old men trying to molest me xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom