• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know. :)

I had to hide my internet chatting from my parents because they were worried all my friends were secretly old men trying to molest me xD

don't worry about it. :) I actually have shark week coming up and I go from swooning over someone's nose to being close to losing my shit in seconds :'D

I met my first "boyfriend" online. I remember my Dad having to drive me to his town. and his mom hated me for some reason. so embarrassing in hindsight :'D

Jobbs

Banned
when is it okay to ask him for a hepatitis check?

If someone asks me this I'd be gettin' all dignified and offended, so.. probably never haha :(

8TEb9oxGc.gif

FUME5

Yeah, those dice are wack.

Also, this has me warming up to some D&D with you dorks in the distant future when someone gets around organizing it.

I almost never make plans more than like... two weeks in advance :O

And Matt of course you have a basement. Is there a house in Ohio that doesn't have one? Now finding a basement in California, that's rare!

Jobbs

Banned
I almost never make plans more than like... two weeks in advance :O

And Matt of course you have a basement. Is there a house in Ohio that doesn't have one? Now finding a basement in California, that's rare!

what's at the ground level if not a basement?

it's really creepy though. There's a scary furnace and old shit that was there when I moved in and I don't know what it is. There's also a door that locks on the wrong side.. In other words, you could only lock someone inside the room as opposed to locking people out. I theorize it was used as a prison by the last renter.

Yeah, I just... I just don't want to blame my attitude on that because it feels like an excuse. I want to feel like I'm in control, not at the whim of silly little messengers in my body.

I think that's a fairly common desire-- I certainly heard it from my girlfriend and other women when I/they were your age. Less so now— perhaps it is experience, perhaps resignation; my own emotional roller coaster has become more kiddie-ride like as I've grown older.

I'm looking at Dilbert in an entirely new and horrifying light.

He is such an asshole.

what's at the ground level if not a basement?

it's really creepy though. There's a scary furnace and old shit that was there when I moved in and I don't know what it is. There's also a door that locks on the wrong side.. In other words, you could only lock someone inside the room as opposed to locking people out. I theorize it was used as a prison by the last renter.

Nothing. Just solid foundation. Like when you walk in the front door, it never gets any lower than that. No hatches, no steps down to a dank darkness, no trap doors, no caves, nothing buried nor kept away. It's just four to six inches of cement.

I think that's a fairly common desire-- I certainly heard it from my girlfriend and other women when I/they were your age. Less so now— perhaps it is experience, perhaps resignation; my own emotional roller coaster has become more kiddie-ride like as I've grown older.

Thanks. That's good to hear.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I spend an hour a day in my basement because my treadmill is down there. It's not creepy, just depressingly empty.

Seeing Star Trek tonight.

Also got my Master's Degree in the mail today!!

Jobbs

Banned
Nothing. Just solid foundation. Like when you walk in the front door, it never gets any lower than that. No hatches, no steps down to a dank darkness, no trap doors, no caves, nothing buried nor kept away. It's just four to six inches of cement.

I always figured your house would slide away or be unstable or whatever if the foundation wasn't underground.

I wonder then what the purpose is... The furnace and water heater and power main are down there, but you don't actually need an underground lair for those things

I spend an hour a day in my basement because my treadmill is down there. It's not creepy, just depressingly empty.

Seeing Star Trek tonight.

Also got my Master's Degree in the mail today!!

hey, congrats! :D

I always figured your house would slide away or be unstable or whatever if the foundation wasn't underground.

I wonder then what the purpose is... The furnace and water heater and power main are down there, but you don't actually need an underground lair for those things

Don't have a furnace. Water heater is in the garage, breaker panel and AC unit are external.

Wikipedia says in certain climates you need concrete below the frost line anyway to keep it from shifting over the seasons, which makes sense. But California doesn't have seasons.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Holy shit, the game this Master System came with, Golvellius is really REALLY fucking good. God damn, I am really enjoying this.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom