• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest problem with American elections is that they seem to go for like 18 months. I am so fucking sick of hearing about them by the time they finish and then it all starts up again too soon.

Turin

Banned

The bird got me. lol

OpFcp.jpg

Best response pic is the best.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The biggest problem with American elections is that they seem to go for like 18 months. I am so fucking sick of hearing about them by the time they finish and then it all starts up again too soon.

To be fair, nobody would complain about eighteen months of Game of Thrones. Transdimension shapeshifting reptiloids are the showerunners for American politics.

Xiao Hu

You better PM Lea her profile as ultima ratio if you really don't find an opening. She's a girl so she will know what might be a good ice breaker/initiative move tbh.

I don't have experience with dating sites. :( I can usually think of something to say to people but going in totally blind it's a bit harder

is there anything in her profile or pics to go on that you could ask about or comment on?

She's doing a masters so I could ask what in, or why she moved from the US to Brighton or a load of other stuff like that but I don't know how to make it sound like a natural start to a conversation

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Do you give a shit about her and what her hobbies/interests are.

If Y; ask as you naturally would and go from there.
If N; move on.

Just asks. Ask for your own curiosity. Ask for her perspective and insight. Engage discussion. Request a meetup.

Do you give a shit about her and what her hobbies/interests are.

If Y; ask as you naturally would and go from there.
If N; move on.

Just asks. Ask for your own curiosity. Ask for her perspective and insight. Engage discussion. Request a meetup.

See, the problem here is asking as I naturally would is not asking :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Start asking how is she doing then ask what she has been up to and make a coversationout of the things she has been up to and take it from there.

She's doing a masters so I could ask what in, or why she moved from the US to Brighton or a load of other stuff like that but I don't know how to make it sound like a natural start to a conversation

Start with an ice breaker (how's it going?) and then start asking questions (not too many or too fast though) to give you something to latch onto

Example:

You: so what do you do for fun?

Her: I like movies!

You: what kind? I like ____

Rinse and repeat

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Real advice

Anecdotally, I'm only one woman but I fucking detest pickup lines and shit. Natural conversation, like don't stress your opening line so much. There is nothing wrong with just saying hey, I was looking at x and you seem really cool.

Xiao Hu

Hmmm...I would naturally start with a joke about the relationship between English people and Americans. Involve a soft political or historical pun, but don't tease her with stuff like 'bringing freedom' and shit, I think it would rather escalate into a discussion about contemporary politics than break the ice in a way that makes her feel comfortable.

Real advice

Anecdotally, I'm only one woman but I fucking detest pickup lines and shit. Natural conversation, like don't stress your opening line so much. There is nothing wrong with just saying hey, I was looking at x and you seem really cool.
Oh yeah totally, I just wanted something there so that there was a topic for it to flow into a fuller conversation if that makes sense?

I think I'll go for something like that, plus since she's mentioned Twin Peaks I'll throw in a reference to that. Because everyone who likes Twin Peaks is cool. It's a rule of nature

Thanks for the help everyone c:

Jobbs

Banned
good lord I look like shit (even more like shit). recent events have done a number on me. my complexion is so bad rn

tldr I need makeup on men to be socially accepted

TIL that some crazy motherfuckers are actually cleaning their old CRT TVs using a dishwasher.

You can wash a lot of electronics in the dishwasher— trick is being patient enough for them to dry completely. I used to do it with my keyboards at work— except the down-arrow broke on my #1 keyboard and I cannot work without it.

Vazra

We should start skyping every evening so I can bore you to sleep by elaborating on the significance of Morrowind's lore building and comparing it to its sequels.
Afterwards I will kitty talk with your cats :3
Elder Scrolls games were never great tho.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm drunk on a Friday morning

Vazra

what's up with gays hating Elder Scrolls?
I'm not really a fan either
I just hate overrated garbage that is not even decent at what is supposed to do. Combat is shit and the world building is not that great. Just because the world is huge it doesnt make it automatically great. Call me when they dont dumb down the RPG elements with each sequel and when the writing is memorable with interesting quests.

Jobbs

Banned
Elder Scrolls games are largely mediocre but notable because, at least for a very long time, were offering an experience no one else was offering.

And while they're weak in many individual respects, they (at least Oblivion and Skyrim -- I forget if this was the case with Morrowind) had absolutely gorgeous music. Like this is the area where it's never mediocre. I only wish the games themselves could ever reach the soaring heights of the soundtracks.

Jobbs

Banned
Witcher 3 won especially in terms of interesting quest writing.

Witcher 3 also won in having controls and combat so frustratingly bad (after just coming off of Bloodborne) I couldn't even hang with it. I plan to try again sometime just to see if the story ends up making it worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom