• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to play more double fine games. I enjoyed psychonauts, brutal legend and iron brigade.

I'd say the only ones you're missing out on are Costume Quest and Stacking, plus CQ2 if you liked the first one. The rest are mostly unpolished experiments, so you have to have a pretty big affinity for the company to appreciate them.

We're laying in bed half naked. He doesn't need to impress me...

doing GAF while in bed with your significant other? haha I would never

Doesn't quite work, a Japanese person drew this I'm pretty sure. Additionally, this avatar doesn't exactly have a lot to with Japan itself, but you do you.

If that's you in your profile pic, you yourself match something pretty anime yourself.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouGottaHaveBlueHair

Glass houses and that, but good day to you.

haha as if dyed blue hair is unique to anime or even one of its draws

man I wasn't even trying to insult you, so it's pretty funny that you're taking it as an insult anyway

emma1.gif

Misha

Banned
I didn't care for costume quest but that was partially cause I played it cause people were saying it was like paper Mario. Not really anywhere close. More like a kids version of stick of truth (tho it came first)

Jobbs

Banned
doing GAF while in bed with your significant other? haha I would never

I did this this morning -- She was 1000% out, though

My feelings regarding Doublefine are that there's some kind of greatness sort of waiting to happen... Like they just haven't hit gold yet but they probably will sooner or later

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I've owned three Neesons in my life.

Neeson and VW are my jams for cars. Thinking about getting a GTI sometime.
DON'T QUOTE ME LIKE THAT!

Also...

I've owned three Neesons in my life.

three Neesons

hHKv0UE.jpg

How do you pronounce it?
Niss-anne, obviously.

How do you get that wrong right?
Fixed.

Also, Mega Drive, Nezz, Snezz and David Cage's Fahrenheit.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
haha as if dyed blue hair is unique to anime or even one of its draws

man I wasn't even trying to insult you, so it's pretty funny that you're taking it as an insult anyway

I mean, since it's not something that actually exists in nature, most people are probably more likely to see it in a cartoon, maybe a convention (never been)...or a punk rock concert. I just thought it was ironic was all.

As for that word not being offensive, it actually is. I mean, I'm not really offended because I don't even know who you are, but it's a fact that the word is commonly used negatively, so uh..you can't win that argument.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I was actually not saying you as in nerdkiller but you as in general population

But it seems like you really need a Japanese lesson
Just hearing it pronounced as KNEE-SAWN does my head in for me. So abrasive. May be we should just go back to Datsun...wait what's that...

Datsun_brand_logo.png

THEY BROUGHT IT BACK!?

This was so much better than super 8

And I was one of the few that didn't hate that movie

And re: saying "I love you" I made the mistake of saying that too soon to the girl I dated right after the divorce. It didn't go over well. But I think in dragonz case the feeling is mutual but there is just fear to take that step.

YOU'RE NOT MY DAD

Misha

Banned
Just hearing it pronounced as KNEE-SAWN does my head in for me. So abrasive. May be we should just go back to Datsun...wait what's that...

THEY BROUGHT IT BACK!?
Apparently you're supposed to pronounce Datsun like you would datson which actually makes it pronounced exactly like an English speaking person would pronounce it. That's pretty convenient.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
have you told him you love him yet? this is important

-tinder or okcupid?
-are there any names you hate for no good reason?
-chewing gum, yes or no?
-best poptart flavor?
-if you could learn a new instrument, which would it be?
I could but he might freak out. Or become attached. Lol.

Jobbs

Banned
Yeah, what is it with the irrational hate for Chad? I've known a couple of really great guys named Chad.
giphy.gif

I can't be impartial. My father is a shitstain and his name is Chad.

Plus the name just sounds angry and dickish somehow. It has a bad texture. Again, though, that may be my bias.

somebody explain to me why this track isn't on Poppy's EP? pretty please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwwLHcCjij4

this is kind of dope.

edit: kinda turned on it a bit after a minute... but it's okay

I could but he might freak out. Or become attached. Lol.

yeah haha. that could happen

I can't be impartial. My father is a shitstain and his name is Chad.

Plus the name just sounds angry and dickish somehow. It has a bad texture. Again, though, that may be my bias.

Oh, yeah, that's enough to color any name badly. That's very far from irrational IMO.

There are a couple of names that remind me of my exes with whom it ended quite badly, so I still twinge a titch at hearing them.

Jobbs

Banned
I am so... ljalskjdkjlkasjdfa

Em, save me.

This will save you

Oh, yeah, that's enough to color any name badly. That's very far from irrational IMO.

There are a couple of names that remind me of my exes with whom it ended quite badly, so I still twinge a titch at hearing them.

Hahah I briefly dated a girl named Amy and it was really weird because that's my mom's name

and as unlikely as it may seem that I met another girl named Nikki that I was interested in -- That certainly would be weird (it ended badly)

I think I could get over it though

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it

We're snuggled on the couch with his dog, watching aqua teen hunger force. He's giggling. It's so bad. Doggy is cute though.

AcridMeat

Banned
Holy shit Wolfenstein moves. I kind of miss the hard breaks between levels like DOOM, but that's very much an old school thing. It's harder to pick a stopping point when there's constantly a new goal presented.

Hahah I briefly dated a girl named Amy and it was really weird because that's my mom's name

and as unlikely as it may seem that I met another girl named Nikki that I was interested in -- That certainly would be weird (it ended badly)

I think I could get over it though

Yeah. Well also there are times when someone positive in your life overwrites the negative person. Like Tyler used to be a name that reminded me of someone I couldn't stand, but now it reminds me of one of my friends and two of my coworkers.

When you and Nikki broke up, how soon did you know you were going to try and befriend/date Erica? One of my friends is already trying to set me up with someone and it seems way too soon.

Jobbs

Banned
Yeah. Well also there are times when someone positive in your life overwrites the negative person. Like Tyler used to be a name that reminded me of someone I couldn't stand, but now it reminds me of one of my friends and two of my coworkers.

When you and Nikki broke up, how soon did you know you were going to try and befriend/date Erica? One of my friends is already trying to set me up with someone and it seems way too soon.

Erica was Nikki's friend. That's how I met her. Sometimes she'd hang around my house even then (when Nikki was here too, normally). I thought she was cute (I think I may have even mentioned her here) but obviously I had no intentions.

When Nikki was out being boycrazy behind my back, it was Erica who told on her -- who told me what was going on -- So she kinda lost NIkki too -- I "got custody of her" after the split, as I've joked. It was all so destructive, haha, but from destruction something nice rose up.

I'm trying to remmeber the exact time line but I think it was pretty quiet for at least a couple weeks, at which point we started flirting over text and things went from there.

If *you* think it seems too soon, then it's too soon. There are no rules here. If you want to go meet a new guy right away then who does it hurt? go for it :D

Can you tell us what your vomit tastes like?

I didn't even puke. A mess.

I tried to make myself. But it just didn't take.

When Nikki was out being boycrazy behind my back, it was Erica who told on her -- who told me what was going on -- So she kinda lost NIkki too -- I "got custody of her" after the split, as I've joked. It was all so destructive, haha, but from destruction something nice rose up.

Oh, so that;s what happened.

I'm sorry. So shitty.

Jobbs

Banned
I didn't even puke. A mess.

I tried to make myself. But it just didn't take.

Oh, so that;s what happened.

I'm sorry. So shitty.

haha, thanks :) I'm better now. Erica is an upgrade.

I remember in the moment Holly said "I bet it's Jobbs fault" and I was like "!!!" internally but I didn't feel like hashing it out here at the time

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I love all about this weekend :) Friday only good news all day, then a damn fun party at which I've discovered the magic of unlimited supplies of gin tonic and got acquainted to new fun peeps and ended up being out until like three or so, yesterday no hangover and this summer's first day in the park with a stupid boss hoss open air to listen to, and then today a hopefully fun day at the zoo.

Yay fun!

Erica was Nikki's friend. That's how I met her. Sometimes she'd hang around my house even then (when Nikki was here too, normally). I thought she was cute (I think I may have even mentioned her here) but obviously I had no intentions.

I'm trying to remmeber the exact time line but I think it was pretty quiet for at least a couple weeks, at which point we started flirting over text and things went from there.

If *you* think it seems too soon, then it's too soon. There are no rules here. If you want to go meet a new guy right away then who does it hurt? go for it :D

Yeah. I didn't share this before but Justin came by early this afternoon to clear out his stuff and he was much more articulate this time around. We talked about things for a couple hours. Mind you, I had been crying my eyes out all morning, and even when talking with him I kept vacillating between wanting him back and accepting that it's time for change.

I dunno. Right now I'm latching onto any and every distraction, but I feel like trying to date someone else any time soon could easily achieve the opposite effect.

Jobbs

Banned
Yeah. I didn't share this before but Justin came by early this afternoon to clear out his stuff and he was much more articulate this time around. We talked about things for a couple hours. Mind you, I had been crying my eyes out all morning, and even when talking with him I kept vacillating between wanting him back and accepting that it's time for change.

I dunno. Right now I'm latching onto any and every distraction, but I feel like trying to date someone else any time soon could easily achieve the opposite effect.

Aw I'm sorry to hear that Lili. Nothing ever seems to last, does it? :(

Phoenix soon. For now, distractions. :)

Aw I'm sorry to hear that Lili. Nothing ever seems to last, does it? :(

Phoenix soon. For now, distractions. :)

Damn Lili, did not realise that's how it all played out.

Yeah. It's not worth getting into, but there were pretty big problems in our relationship that both of us were choosing to ignore for different reasons. It wasn't really until I had a whole lot of time to think about it today that I started being honest with myself, and then honest with him. But it ended well, all things considered. We're probably going to go back to the level of friendship we were before dating.

But now my mind is asking "what now?" Last time it took me over a month to switch back out of relationship mode and accept being single. Now I don't know if I want to. It's all very confusing.

It's probably best if I duck out and boot up Headlander because this is starting to depress me again.

Hope this helps you vomit

That outfit would look super cute on a different person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom