• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

Spelunky!

aka best game ever made
I hope it's that good, might try it.

Im on my bed posting on gaf in little clothing
1Yda4vD.gif
Oh damn!

I intend to get the laptop version of the 1080 when it releases. Gotta need my portability.
Ah, a laptop user eh? I use them but don't own one myself yet, though some of my family does.

Okay, I'm officially bored. I should've gone to work today.
Play a game!

zeemumu

Like what? I haven't played since 2012.

There are multicolored clay mountains everywhere, you automatically go up different layers instead of having to jump, the attack animations are slightly different, enemies seem slightly harder to kill, there's what looks like a shield slot(?), there are rabbits now, you can purchase dedicated servers directly instead of setting up your own manually, there's a lot more item variation. I've only been looking around for a bit and I'm playing on survival mode. There's probably a lot more.

She still seems to be pushing for a hookup. What do I say?

Jobbs

Banned
There are multicolored clay mountains everywhere, you automatically go up different layers instead of having to jump, the attack animations are slightly different, enemies seem slightly harder to kill, there's what looks like a shield slot(?), there are rabbits now, you can purchase dedicated servers directly instead of setting up your own manually, there's a lot more item variation. I've only been looking around for a bit and I'm playing on survival mode. There's probably a lot more.

say yes

Misha

Banned
So do your parents plan for you to never date anyone? This situation gets worse and worse every time I hear about it.

Well they very much want me too, they just don't see the problem with the privacy issues. My sisters are a lot more willing to be open about things and I like to keep things more private. Though it helps that both of them go out for college and other reasons.

A lot of my issues are just a disconnect between how me and the rest of my family want to go about things.

Oh, weird. Sounds good though. I wish I had Minecraft when I was growing up. I can't afford all the time I'd love to spend in it now.

I wonder if there will ever be a Minecraft 2, or if they'll just continue to update it for the next decade. I mean it's already been over seven years basically.

Is she opposed to other activity? Maybe try and go on a date first or something with it leading up to the hookup.

I already know.

Depends on the frame, to be honest. And that's pretty low on the list of kinks I have.

Well they very much want me too, they just don't see the problem with the privacy issues. My sisters are a lot more willing to be open about things and I like to keep things more private. Though it helps that both of them go out for college and other reasons.

A lot of my issues are just a disconnect between how me and the rest of my family want to go about things.

Hmm, that's tough. I used to be a lot more private, but I opened up in high school and college. For me the key was not being open about everything, but finding some things I could be open about so that I could better relate to people but still have my personal stuff. As with most things, I think a balance is healthy.

It really helps to have someone to talk to about stuff, even the private stuff.

MutFox

Banned
I...actually don't. I watch over my 5 year old nephew and he's a bad boy, can't imagine watching over my own kids!

Thing is, even with bad kids, (to a certain age)
I've always been able to communicate with them and get them to behave.
It's always in a very calm manner too.

jb1234

My mom continues to throw that I dont know if I will change with the years. Its funny tbh and even if I do get a gf I dont feel like having children.

I wanted kids in my early 30s. Not so much now. I would have adopted if I had the resources (and a long-term BF).

Jobbs

Banned
Depends on the frame, to be honest. And that's pretty low on the list of kinks I have.

yeah I remembered you saying something about that a really long time ago, but I wasn't sure if you were joking anyway. ;)

For some reason I'm surfing blogs and stuff looking at pictures of pretty moms holding their babies (it's not a kink, I just think it's nice)

zeemumu

Just do it!!!

I'm not about that life.

Oh, weird. Sounds good though. I wish I had Minecraft when I was growing up. I can't afford all the time I'd love to spend in it now.

I wonder if there will ever be a Minecraft 2, or if they'll just continue to update it for the next decade. I mean it's already been over seven years basically.

Is she opposed to other activity? Maybe try and go on a date first or something with it leading up to the hookup.

I think they'll keep updating Minecraft. You could pretty much just make an expansion pack and label it Minecraft 2. Plus they can keep porting it to new consoles from now until the end of time.

I mentioned that I wasn't down for hookups. I can try and see if she'd be down to go somewhere else instead but from this conversation that seems like that's all she wants out of this.

Timu

I'm not about that life.
Sometimes you just gotta take a chance bro, I even take chances, definitely with women. Sure some women turn me down or were just mean, but it's worth the effort to see what could had been if it happened!

Though women can be a pain sometimes.

marrec

Banned
@YKN

The Long Dark is exactly up my alley, glad I picked it up.

####

Confessions In Thirst:

Matched with someone on Tinder and she looks totally awesome (and cute) but describe herself as queer and gendernoncomformative

I don't know how to approach her now, funny how those small descriptors automatically change my perceptions and put me on my heels as to how I open a conversation.

I know that I should just open up as the weird fuck I normally am, but here I am overthinking it.

/confession

my hormones definitely want a baby. but I'm kinda indifferent at this point.
my hormones also made me read this for some reason

@YKN

The Long Dark is exactly up my alley, glad I picked it up.

####

Confessions In Thirst:

Matched with someone on Tinder and she looks totally awesome (and cute) but describe herself as queer and gendernoncomformative

I don't know how to approach her now, funny how those small descriptors automatically change my perceptions and put me on my heels as to how I open a conversation.

I know that I should just open up as the weird fuck I normally am, but here I am overthinking it.

/confession

what exactly are you overthinking here though? just say hi...or possibly something like "HERE I AM"

Jobbs

Banned

Do you have any contact with babies/small children?

Sometimes when I see a cute little kid (especially a girl because I want a daughter) or when I see a baby it makes my uterus tingle. And if I actually hold a baby? Game over, man

And glad I"m not the only one who reads celebrity gossip trash

zeemumu

Sometimes you just gotta take a chance bro, I even take chances, definitely with women. Sure some women turn me down or were just mean, but it's worth the effort to see what could had been if it happened!

Though women can be a pain sometimes.

I'm still not into hooking up. It's a personal preference.
my hormones also made me read this for some reason

Don't get a baby. Just get friends who have babies. It's like having a baby except you aren't responsible for taking care of it.

Or get a dog. They're affectionate and increase your dating chances.

Misha

Banned
Hmm, that's tough. I used to be a lot more private, but I opened up in high school and college. For me the key was not being open about everything, but finding some things I could be open about so that I could better relate to people but still have my personal stuff. As with most things, I think a balance is healthy.

It really helps to have someone to talk to about stuff, even the private stuff.

Not really what I'm talking about. They allow privacy of feelings and such, I just can't go anywhere without them asking where or talk about someone without them looking them up on Facebook and its not like I could have someone at my house and have much time alone.

I'm fine with sharing stuff with people if I think they'll be willing to listen

MutFox

Banned
Sometimes when I see a cute little kid (especially a girl because I want a daughter) or when I see a baby it makes my uterus tingle. And if I actually hold a baby? Game over, man

You and me are on the same page...
I want a daughter 1st, though if I had a son, it would be cool too... :p

Do you have any contact with babies/small children?

And glad I"m not the only one who reads celebrity gossip trash
not any close contact but when I see a cute baby on the bus or something they definitely make me grin like an idiot rn. this hasn't always been this way. my uterus must be getting tired of my lame shit.
I always think about peoples expectations and am normally thinking about them from a gender conformative pov ya know?
best way to find out their expectations it to talk to them. this shouldn't be different than talking to other people :) go for it and see if you get along or not. you don't have to take special measures for approaching.
I'm still not into hooking up. It's not a personal preference.

Don't get a baby. Just get friends who have babies. It's like having a baby except you aren't responsible for taking care of it.

Or get a dog. They're affectionate and increase your dating chances.
but it's like the whole baby making process my hormones demand... probably some twisted shit my genes are pulling so they live on in another satanic vessel.

Jobbs

Banned
You and me are on the same page...
I want a daughter 1st, though if I had a son, it would be cool too... :p

I don't want any sons. Boys are gross. I just hold out hope that if I have a son my whole view on this will change rapidly...

not any close contact but when I see a cute baby on the bus or something they definitely make me grin like an idiot rn. this hasn't always been this way. my uterus must be getting tired of my lame shit.

I remember when my nieces were babies like it was yesterday. Like I remember the exact feeling of their warm little head against my chin and their tiny tiny baby hands grabbing my face and stuff. :,]

yeah I remembered you saying something about that a really long time ago, but I wasn't sure if you were joking anyway. ;)

For some reason I'm surfing blogs and stuff looking at pictures of pretty moms holding their babies (it's not a kink, I just think it's nice)

Nothing wrong with that. Sure, loving/wanting kids isn't popular on GAF, but it's normal elsewhere.

Oh and I was probably exaggerating before. I don't even remember that conversation happening.

Confessions In Thirst:

Just talk to her like a normal person. Gender and gender expression should be self evident, not something that needs to get brought into every conversation. Plus if she didn't want to be approached by men then I'm sure there's a Tinder option for her to do so.

If she talks like a normal person, great! If not, at least you tried.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Gaf's demographics are mid twenties and male, so kids aren't going to be that popular.

But there are a surprisingly good number of parents on here.

Not really what I'm talking about. They allow privacy of feelings and such, I just can't go anywhere without them asking where or talk about someone without them looking them up on Facebook and its not like I could have someone at my house and have much time alone.

I'm fine with sharing stuff with people if I think they'll be willing to listen

I see.

How much of that is because you let it happen? How much authority do your parents have over you should you flaunt their observation and inquisition? Like what would happen if you just went out and refused to tell them where or what or why?

Misha

Banned
Kids and me get along so well that I can't not raise a kid some day. Maybe in like 10 years though
I see.

How much of that is because you let it happen? How much authority do your parents have over you should you flaunt their observation and inquisition? Like what would happen if you just went out and refused to tell them where or what or why?

They'd probably get over it if I did it with some regularity but I dont really have reasons to go out often and it takes a lot out of me. I mean there aren't real consequences anyway its just annoying nosiness and complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom