• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The older I get the more I become disappointed in humanity

zeemumu

No they inseminated his mum with Bruce's sperm. Unless that changed in the BB comics but fuck those.

I thought he was closer to clone than biological kid since the aim of that project was to create a new Batman when Bruce was gone.

I don't get why Jason Todd got it harder in Arkham Knight than he did in the comics.

FUME5

lobsterman.jpg

You Are the Cannibal Lobster-Man Of New England, Can You Become The Governor Of Maine?

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I'm trying to imagine if someone having a kid would be a dealbreaker or not. I'm honestly having trouble coming up with an answer and I'm going back and forth.
I sway more to it's a deal breaker but that's just from one terrible experience of dating someone with a kid. I'm sure they're not all the same so I'm not 100% opposed but also cautious.

marrec

Banned
What kinds of stuff did you scavenge last year?

IMAGE. Kick back in a hammock that’s suspended from trees on opposite banks of a river. (Make sure it’s a safe section of a river to be suspended over.)

VIDEO. (Time lapse this down to 20 seconds.) You and a friend must build and launch two dueling paper airplanes using only your mouths to build and launch them

VIDEO. (Video may be up to 20 seconds.) Everyone likes drive-thrus and “Jeopardy.” Combine them by going through a drive thru and making the employee guess your order by describing the items to them with the “answer.”

IMAGE. Write a thank you letter to a teacher or mentor from your past that you never sufficiently thanked. Mail it. Yo may submit an image of the letter, or if you wish it to remain private, submit an image of you mailing it.

IMAGE. The cats are coming! Prepare your dog for battle. Outfit him or her with armory, weaponry, cutting edge laser gear – whatever it takes to create a canine of mass destruction

VIDEO. You know those people that stand around with signs offering to give away “free hugs?” Add balance to the universe (and bolster capitalism) by asking for something in exchange: hold up a sign on a busy sidewalk that reads, “Hugs $5” (or whatever you think you should charge). Donate anything you make to your favorite charity. Don’t pocket it.

Among others down the list

Pau

Worth mentioning that Damian and Helena are his biological kids
It's not the first thing I mention because I really dislike how some DC writers treat Damian as the "real" child and heir because of his genetics. (Of course they ignore Helena because she's a girl.)

I thought he was closer to clone than biological kid since the aim of that project was to create a new Batman when Bruce was gone.

I don't get why Jason Todd got it harder in Arkham Knight than he did in the comics.
I remember Amanda Waller being like: "You're his son not his clone." But it's been a while since I saw that episode.

Jason got it worse because we have to make everything even darker. (Although I would argue emotionally he got off easier because his biological mother didn't sell him to the Joker and I think that's the crux of his problem with accepting that Bruce loves him. If his biological mother didn't, why should his adopted dad?)

Jobbs

Banned
IMAGE. Kick back in a hammock that’s suspended from trees on opposite banks of a river. (Make sure it’s a safe section of a river to be suspended over.)

VIDEO. (Time lapse this down to 20 seconds.) You and a friend must build and launch two dueling paper airplanes using only your mouths to build and launch them

VIDEO. (Video may be up to 20 seconds.) Everyone likes drive-thrus and “Jeopardy.” Combine them by going through a drive thru and making the employee guess your order by describing the items to them with the “answer.”

IMAGE. Write a thank you letter to a teacher or mentor from your past that you never sufficiently thanked. Mail it. Yo may submit an image of the letter, or if you wish it to remain private, submit an image of you mailing it.

IMAGE. The cats are coming! Prepare your dog for battle. Outfit him or her with armory, weaponry, cutting edge laser gear – whatever it takes to create a canine of mass destruction

VIDEO. You know those people that stand around with signs offering to give away “free hugs?” Add balance to the universe (and bolster capitalism) by asking for something in exchange: hold up a sign on a busy sidewalk that reads, “Hugs $5” (or whatever you think you should charge). Donate anything you make to your favorite charity. Don’t pocket it.

Among others down the list

this, like, wreaks of effort, man

Pau what are your favorite superhero type comic(s) (marvel/dc) besides Batman?

No they inseminated his mum with Bruce's sperm. Unless that changed in the BB comics but fuck those. (At least that's what I understood?)

It's slightly weirder than that lol. They injected Terry's dad with a nanomachine serum which changed his sperm to more match Bruce's. They wanted to recreate the trauma that Bruce went through as a kid also, but they couldn't go through with it so they called off the hit. Technically, Terry's brother could conceivably be a Batman because of this. They didn't change this in the comics, but also used it for a form of Hush (but I don't know much about that, so *shrug*)

Pau

It's slightly weirder than that lol. They injected Terry's dad with a nanomachine serum which changed his sperm to more match Bruce's. They also used this in the comics and didn't change it, but aso used it for a form of Hush (but I don't know much about that, so *shrug*)
superhero science everyone

Misha

Banned
It's not the first thing I mention because I really dislike how some DC writers treat Damian as the "real" child and heir because of his genetics. (Of course they ignore Helena because she's a girl.)

I remember Amanda Waller being like: "You're his son not his clone." But it's been a while since I saw that episode.

Jason got it worse because we have to make everything even darker. (Although I would argue emotionally he got off easier because his biological mother didn't sell him to the Joker and I think that's the crux of his problem with accepting that Bruce loves him. If his biological mother didn't, why should his adopted dad?)

Personally, it was more of a shock to me that batman actually had kids than that he adopted the other robins :p

Tho I guess I grew up knowing about Dick primarily and they made a big deal about that in his origin

Jobbs

Banned
I sway more to it's a deal breaker but that's just from one terrible experience of dating someone with a kid. I'm sure they're not all the same so I'm not 100% opposed but also cautious.

I think I'm more open to it if it's just one kid and the kid isn't too old. If it was like a 12 year old kid it'd be really weird that I'd be boning his/her mom

5 or under would be preferable because there's less chance of angstiness and baggage and we can just hang out

marrec

Banned
Neat! It's been a while since I did a good scavenger hunt. Were there a lot of people on your team? That seems like fun.

Yep! Lots of diverse characters from different parts of the world. A few members of my team actually ended up doing:

IMAGE. There are roughly only 150 Sommeliers on the planet who have received the highest distinction a professional can attain in fine wine and are accordingly classified as “Master Sommeliers.” Get a picture of you with a current Master Sommelier sipping pure kale (or cabbage) juice from a wine glass. Caption the image with “NAME OF SOMMELIER, renowned Master Sommelier says the official drink of Gishwhes is..” And then finish the caption with the sommelier’s review of the juice.

Which I imagine was fun trying to convince the sommelier to do it.

Also, I did this:

Perform this EXACT choreography wearing similar wardrobe as the man depicted here but with one of your pant-legs tucked into your sock:http://shortyawards.com/mishacollins – Do your dance while a dog watches you.

Which was embarrassing and fun.

Like Jobbs said, it's mostly cringe inducing corny shit, but when you gamify it and do it with a team of people you just met it's exhilarating.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Put some kahlua in yo coffee so you can coffee while you coffee

SolVanderlyn

Wow I drank so much yesterday. I'm hungover enough that I can't bring myself to do anything. I've wasted my entire day looking at a blank piece of paper trying to write something. And I didn't call anyone I was supposed to.

I did play Ys for a bit. So there is that.

Pau

Pau what are your favorite superhero type comic(s) (marvel/dc) besides Batman?
Marvel:
X-Men was my first love, particularly Magneto. I recommend: Chris Claremont's Uncanny X-Men, Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, and Magneto: Testament.

Runaways by Brian K. Vaughan. Probably one of the best stories ever written about teenagers.

Marvels
by Kurt Busiek. Does a really good job of going through the history of Marvel comics in narrative form. One of the only times I like Alex Ross doing interiors.

I tend to like the teen books like Young Avengers, Avengers Academy, Ms. Marvel (only read the first two volumes), Young Allies, etc. Other than everything listed so far, I've mostly read Captain America stuff but it's not my favorite as much as I like Steve.

DC:
Blue Beetle (2006 run) is my jam. Jaime is adorable and I cried reading it because it was a first time I read about a superhero who was Latino and had a similar culture. Beyond that, Jaime is adorable, his power is awesome, and he has a really good supporting cast.

Justice League International (original run) is really fun. Bruce is there but he's not a main character.

DC: The New Frontier is kind of the DC equivalent of Marvels. The art is so absolutely gorgeous too. Rest in peace, Darwyn Cooke.

Gotham Central is technically a Batman comic but its protagonists are the GCPD. Bruce barely appears. The main character is Renee Montoya, another fave. I can't forgive Gotham for ruining my chance of seeing this run (which is really the best Batman related story I think ever) on screen.

Batwoman: Elegy isn't really tied to Batman at all and has probably the best art of any superhero comic.

Planetary isn't in DC proper (but under another imprint kind of like Vertigo) but it is my single favorite superhero story. It's about superhero archeologists fighting against a group who wants to keep the supernatural/fantastical history of the world under wraps.

Other:
Zot! is another teen superhero story that starts off fairly generic but once it becomes slice of life it absolutely destroys you emotionally.

FUME5

You have no idea who you're fucking with

Mate, the boss and accounts lady (parents) are away for a month, the new guy is away for a month, the contractor I use for field work when we're swamped is away for a fortnight and the contractor we use for office works will be away for a fortnight from next week.

In the last 5 days I've 6 new jobs come in to be costed and done, at least one of which will require 5-6 days out in the country.

I would posit that it is YOU who has no idea who they are fucking with.

Planetary isn't in DC proper (but under another imprint kind of like Vertigo) but it is my single favorite superhero story. It's about superhero archeologists fighting against a group who wants to keep the supernatural/fantastical history of the world under wraps.

Planetary is fantastic, possibly the last 'comic' series that I read.

zeemumu

Barbara got off easier though. Joker still took pictures after shooting her but they weren't as bad as the ones in Killing Joke. In Arkham Knight, Jason seems more upset that Bruce never found him rather than him never killing the Joker in retaliation.

Since we're already discussing this, what's your opinion on the Suicide Squad Joker theory?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Looks like we're "talking" when she comes over Friday

Commitment is fucking scary Jesus Christ

Get that stamina up

Tongue Resistance:
1. Tongue Push Forward

* Stick out your tongue as far as you can.
* Put something flat (back of a spoon or a tongue depressor) against your tongue. (or place tongue on alveolar ridge, the area behind your top teeth.)
* Push against your tongue with the flat object/alveolar ridge at the same time as you push against the flat object with your tongue
* Hold for 1 to 2 seconds.
* Repeat 5 times.

2. Tongue Push Up

* Push down on your tongue with the flat object, while, at the same time, you push up with your tongue.
* Hold 1 second.
* Repeat 5 times.

3. Tongue Push To The Side

* Extend your tongue as far as possible to the corner of your mouth while pressing against a tongue depressor.
* Hold for 1 second.
* Repeat 5 times.
* (Repeat for each side of the mouth unless instructed otherwise).

4. Tongue Inside Push

* Put your finger against your right cheek about 1" to the side of the corner of your mouth.
* From the inside, push your tongue against your cheek where your finger is touching. Push as hard as you can.
* Hold it for 1 to 2 seconds.
* Relax and Repeat 5 times for each side of the mouth unless instructed otherwise

OMFG Renowned Explorers has the longest most boring tutorial in existence.

#####

Commitment is scary but also fun.

It makes me sad tho cause she's going back to school on the other side of the country

Get that stamina up

Tongue Resistance:
1. Tongue Push Forward

* Stick out your tongue as far as you can.
* Put something flat (back of a spoon or a tongue depressor) against your tongue. (or place tongue on alveolar ridge, the area behind your top teeth.)
* Push against your tongue with the flat object/alveolar ridge at the same time as you push against the flat object with your tongue
* Hold for 1 to 2 seconds.
* Repeat 5 times.

2. Tongue Push Up

* Push down on your tongue with the flat object, while, at the same time, you push up with your tongue.
* Hold 1 second.
* Repeat 5 times.

3. Tongue Push To The Side

* Extend your tongue as far as possible to the corner of your mouth while pressing against a tongue depressor.
* Hold for 1 second.
* Repeat 5 times.
* (Repeat for each side of the mouth unless instructed otherwise).

4. Tongue Inside Push

* Put your finger against your right cheek about 1" to the side of the corner of your mouth.
* From the inside, push your tongue against your cheek where your finger is touching. Push as hard as you can.
* Hold it for 1 to 2 seconds.
* Relax and Repeat 5 times for each side of the mouth unless instructed otherwise

Thank you senpai

Pau

Personally, it was more of a shock to me that batman actually had kids than that he adopted the other robins :p

Tho I guess I grew up knowing about Dick primarily and they made a big deal about that in his origin
Well, hey, the adopted ones are still his kids. :(

I'm just gonna drop random Bat children information because I really love talking about them. :p
Dick wasn't legally adopted until he was an adult because of the whole ward thing which they never really updated with the times.

Worst thing Bruce has ever said to any of his kids was when Jason died, Dick was off planet and didn't go to the funeral. Bruce accused Dick of hating Jason because he had adopted Jason and not him. Which resulted in Dick being like: I am fucking out. Until Tim revealed that he was a stalker and told Dick his dad was being suicidal and needed him.

zeemumu

Lol, I've never actually had a one on one session witha girl, you're way gayer than me <3
I don't necessarily know where I fall. Questioning? Bicurious? I dunno. I'm not opposed to the idea, just never been romantically attracted to a woman, just general lust.

Well you'd still be doing the same stuff. You'd just have extra stuff added on afterwards.

I think that still counts as being bi

Jobbs

Banned
Marvel:
X-Men was my first love, particularly Magneto. I recommend: Chris Claremont's Uncanny X-Men, Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, and Magneto: Testament.

Runaways by Brian K. Vaughan. Probably one of the best stories ever written about teenagers.

Marvels
by Kurt Busiek. Does a really good job of going through the history of Marvel comics in narrative form. One of the only times I like Alex Ross doing interiors.

I tend to like the teen books like Young Avengers, Avengers Academy, Ms. Marvel (only read the first two volumes), Young Allies, etc. Other than everything listed so far, I've mostly read Captain America stuff but it's not my favorite as much as I like Steve.

DC:
Blue Beetle (2006 run) is my jam. Jaime is adorable and I cried reading it because it was a first time I read about a superhero who was Latino and had a similar culture. Beyond that, Jaime is adorable, his power is awesome, and he has a really good supporting cast.

Justice League International (original run) is really fun. Bruce is there but he's not a main character.

DC: The New Frontier is kind of the DC equivalent of Marvels. The art is so absolutely gorgeous too. Rest in peace, Darwyn Cooke.

Gotham Central is technically a Batman comic but its protagonists are the GCPD. Bruce barely appears. The main character is Renee Montoya, another fave. I can't forgive Gotham for ruining my chance of seeing this run (which is really the best Batman related story I think ever) on screen.

Batwoman: Elegy isn't really tied to Batman at all and has probably the best art of any superhero comic.

Other:
Zot! is another teen superhero story that starts off fairly generic but once it becomes slice of life it absolutely destroys you emotionally.

Thanks for putting this together, I liked reading your rundowns. :D

I am aware of the existence of most of these but I can't say I even knew what Blue Beetle was! (But, then, I didn't even know Ant Man was a real character until a few years ago)

If someone wanted to read Batman, where on earth do you even start?

Pau

Barbara got off easier though. Joker still took pictures after shooting her but they weren't as bad as the ones in Killing Joke. In Arkham Knight, Jason seems more upset that Bruce never found him rather than him never killing the Joker in retaliation.
Did Joker plant a body in Arkham Knight? I can't remember.

Since we're already discussing this, what's your opinion on the Suicide Squad Joker theory?
I already told Kark that I will not speak to anyone for a year if this happens. That's how mad and upset I will be.

Ceallach

I am aware of the existence of most of these but I can't say I even knew what Blue Beetle was! (But, then, I didn't even know Ant Man was a real character until a few years ago)

So I would start with some standalones. A lot of people recommend Killing Joke, I personally think it is overrated and kinda gross.

I would start with like DKR and the Long Halloween.

If you want to get into serial Batman I would start with Snyder's recent run then go back and get some Neal Adams collections.

Pau

No problem! I love talking about superheroes. :p

Blue Beetle is a legacy hero so there's two before Jaime Reyes.

As far as Batman goes, it really depends on what you like about Batman. My recommendations will definitely lean towards stories that feature his children instead of gritty solo stuff which are the more popular ones.

I think I wrote a chronological rundown for a gaffer once, let me see if I can find it.

I don't necessarily know where I fall. Questioning? Bicurious? I dunno. I'm not opposed to the idea, just never been romantically attracted to a woman, just general lust.

I mean if you're sexually attracted to women as well as men, that's bisexual or bicurious. Queer deals with a certain rejection of LGBT norms according to Wikipedia, so I don't think it's that, and you're not exclusively into girls, so you're not a lesbian.

I'm actually of the mind in your particular instance to say "fuck it" to labels and tell you that it doesn't really matter; you are what you are and you don't need a term for it.

zeemumu

Did Joker plant a body in Arkham Knight? I can't remember.

The only events we see of Joker are him shooting Barbara and taking pictures and torturing Jason until he broke and was willing to tell Joker who Batman was, and then Joker shot him in the head. And then we're to assume that Superboy Prime punched reality and blah blah blah blah...

Misha

Banned
Well, hey, the adopted ones are still his kids. :(

I'm just gonna drop random Bat children information because I really love talking about them. :p
Dick wasn't legally adopted until he was an adult because of the whole ward thing which they never really updated with the times.

Worst thing Bruce has ever said to any of his kids was when Jason died, Dick was off planet and didn't go to the funeral. Bruce accused Dick of hating Jason because he had adopted Jason and not him. Which resulted in Dick being like: I am fucking out. Until Tim revealed that he was a stalker and told Dick his dad was being suicidal and needed him.

True. I just took ward as adopted since it was basically the same thing.
I always got the feeling that Bruce didn't quite know as much what to do with Dick since it was the first time and he was quite a bit younger so its a fairly different relationship. But I'm not even sure where I get that from :p
As far as Batman goes, it really depends on what you like about Batman. My recommendations will definitely lean towards stories that feature his children instead of gritty solo stuff which are the more popular ones.

I think I wrote a chronological rundown for a gaffer once, let me see if I can find it.

Yeah I didn't care much for stuff like killing joke or arkham asylum: a serious house on serious earth and found long Halloween surprisingly underwhelming definitely prefer random stories with robins and batgirls instead

FUME5

It's like a friend of mine who'd had sex with both men and women (a brother and sister in one case - not at the same time of course. Actually, two cases, but I digress) but then when her younger half sister decided she wanted to transition flat out said she wasn't bi....because she'd only been in relationships with guys.

Ceallach

I mean if you're sexually attracted to women as well as men, that's bisexual or bicurious. Queer deals with a certain rejection of LGBT norms according to Wikipedia, so I don't think it's that, and you're not exclusively into girls, so you're not a lesbian.

I'm actually of the mind in your particular instance to say "fuck it" to labels and tell you that it doesn't really matter; you are what you are and you don't need a term for it.

Yeah, like I hate saying I'm Bi because I can't see myself having a girlfriend, but at the same time, I have definitely had my face buried in my share of thighs. SO I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom