• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Th3vf.jpg

This is a multi-layered reference
I don't get it

I don't get it

There's a scene in Neon Genesis Evangelion where the like 14-15 year old protagonist is in hospital looking at one of his colleagues whom is in a coma. They imply that he masturbated, you see his hand covered in "stuff" and he says "... I'm so fucked up".

They've taken that frame from Hey Arnold to replicate the scene with what is presumably maple syrup.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
There's a scene in Neon Genesis Evangelion where the like 14-15 year old protagonist is in hospital looking at one of his colleagues whom is in a coma. They imply that he masturbated, you see his hand covered in "stuff" and he says "... I'm so fucked up".

They've taken that frame from Hey Arnold to replicate the scene with what is presumably maple syrup.
Eww

You're too knowledgeable about anime.

:: cocks shotgun ::

FUME5

So...Sol what you're trying to say is that he's going to dose her up with rohypnol and then beat off while he looks at her unconscious form?

You're fucked up buddy.

Windam

Scaley member

They've taken that frame from Arthur to replicate the scene with what is presumably maple syrup.

Fixed goddammit get your shit together

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anime is real. Geodude is real. He is strong, and my friend.

Timu

Suicide Squad Spoiler free impressions

-Poor to little character development and the details you get of the characters on the beginning are so rushed you cant really appreciate anything.

-Pacing is all over the place

-Poor editing with action scenes you couldn't appreciate cause either too closed up or too many jump cuts on scenes. Also the length of those actions scenes were pathetically short.

-The whole movie was Deadshot and Harley featuring some friends. Amanda Waller was also a highlight on terms of characters but everyone else is background noise

-A lot of the characters didn't really add much to the story and not were likable enough to save their appearance on the film.

- There was obvious filler scenes that were poorly implemented to simply have something

-The Joker was more a gangster cosplaying Joker.

-The villain of the film had so much power but dies in the most stupidest way possible. It was a poor plot device in the way it was used and more when you know the things the villain could do.

-End credit scene? Not really a surprise considering you are up to date on the DC films.

For the positives of the movie I guess there were some nice effects and some good shots on a few areas in the sea of mediocre cinematography. Also I enjoyed the soundtrack but that is something that will be divisive.

Overall a mediocre film that had potential to be much more than what we got. (A lot falls on the mediocre editing and poor cop outs with the plot) I'm a bit sad cause I really wanted to like it despite all the negative reviews around it and my expectations being lowered but yeah I can't defend this mess.
Agreed, this movie should had been way better!

you know the massive log that's probably floating in one of the bathrooms at the theater you're at? you could go stare at that for two hours and get the same quality.

Lol, nah it's not like that. I've seen much worse shit on the big screen
Suicide Squad is alright , not shit but not amazing , I'd say go check it out

Deadshot the god 😎

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Agreed, this movie should had been way better!

Also I dont get why make it PG-13 with the content going in that film. I mean
Slipknot death, Harley grinding on that chick at the club and some tortures. Like what?

Timu

Also I dont get why make it PG-13 with the content going in that film. I mean
Slipknot death, Harley grinding on that chick at the club and some tortures. Like what?
Ha, ha, I got confused about that, hell my bro thought it was rated R at points.

Jobbs

Banned
We just got out of suicide squad.

Mini review: It was images and sounds arranged in order. People threatened each other. It rained.

I'll have .it's thoughts at my keyboard later

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So...Sol what you're trying to say is that he's going to dose her up with rohypnol and then beat off while he looks at her unconscious form?

You're fucked up buddy.
I'm saying: beware otakus.

I just learned about that scene in the Arthur meme thread today

In hindsight that was a pretty tasteless thing to post. But the character in that movie is frequently associated with otakus, so

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Anime can be great, or it can be total trash. I rarely find a middle ground with the medium.

Space Dandy was pretty good , decent mix of comedy and action
I love cowboy bebop

Dragon ball z and dragon ball were my shows growing up so its untouchable to me haha

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Iron Maiden is still soooo good after all these decades. Judas Priest on the other hand...

They are indeed in top form. I was just floored on Vienna, how much energy they still have.

On the Judas side, they are not so bad, at least friend watched them at Epitaph tour and he said that they were still pretty good, minus Rob's voice towards the end of the set

On the same link, Arte will be streaming most of the festival. Today's highlight will be Blind Guardian at 22:30 CET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom