• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
They should've just made a joker and Harley movie. Even I'm not going to defend the rest of that movie.

It's okay. The rest of my night made up for it. My brother and his fiancé just got back in town from their honeymoon, so we went to her parents' house and watched them open their wedding gifts. Everybody loved my gift even though it was by far the cheapest one (a toilet plunger... It's an inside joke). Then I came back to my house with Lucy and made quite the night of it :)

Now I have to go into work early. Bleh. At least it's Friday.
Well that's disappointing. I'll still be seeing it next week though cause I'm doing it with my friend I saw BvS with (he loved that one)

And I just realized what you meant by Lucy (somehow skimmed it and thought you meant the movie :p) Gratz!

One of us! One of us!
Yeah. I'm freaking out about it!

Seeing Leto Joker
and Margot Robbie in booty shorts
was basically my entire motivation for seeing it and I hear he is only in the movie for like 10 minutes. So I think I'm going to skip it.

I'm glad the night wasn't totally ruined by a bad movie and congrats on the new situationship :)
Yeah, they save the movie in as much as it can be saved. But it's also kind of gross because like every other shot is people leering at Margot. There will be more of this Joker and Harley later unless a huge shakeup happens really soon so I can probably support your decision. I won't say I'm unhappy I saw the movie, I just thought it would be better.

Jobbs

Banned
Why is it that these very competent directors (ex: Josh Trank, David Ayer) -- Who have shown they know how to make well constructed films -- Make comic book movies that suck?

Is it because too much studio interference? I'm guessing that's pretty much it

Misha

Banned
We watched it last night. I kinda just liked Harley but there wasn't much else to take away

It wasn't even fun in the corny way that BvS was

this was my review:
You know since you liked BvS for being silly I wonder if you'd like Gotham. It's kinda half way between arrow and twin peaks. It's over the top but still dark and basically anything cheesy makes it more amusing. It's a show where the entire police department gets massacred one week then it's business as usual the next and it heavily takes style from the burton batman and TAS

FloatOn

You know since you liked BvS for being silly I wonder if you'd like Gotham. It's kinda half way between arrow and twin peaks. It's over the top but still dark and basically anything cheesy makes it more amusing. It's a show where the entire police department gets massacred one week then it's business as usual the next and it heavily takes style from the burton batman and TAS

you almost sold me on this show

I fucking love Twin Peaks

still haven't seen season 2 yet though

Yeah. I'm freaking out about it!

Yeah, they save the movie in as much as it can be saved. But it's also kind of gross because like every other shot is people leering at Margot. There will be more of this Joker and Harley later unless a huge shakeup happens really soon so I can probably support your decision. I won't say I'm unhappy I saw the movie, I just thought it would be better.

I know the feeling. Are you happy though? Do you like her?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Gotham IS incredible. Cinematography and atrezzo are well beyond its budget and the show is violent like few things on TV. It does get weird at times, though, much in a 90's comic book kind of way.

Gotham IS incredible. Cinematography and atrezzo are well beyond its budget and the show is violent like few things on TV. It does get weird at times, though, much in a 90's comic book kind of way.

This reminds me, I'm ready to be disappointed by The 100 again. My anger has ebbed and it is unacceptable

Misha

Banned
you almost sold me on this show

I fucking love Twin Peaks

still haven't seen season 2 yet though
Skip to season 2 if you do try Gotham. Season one has its moments but it's a lot more normal.
The weird is the best part.

FloatOn

I'm going to see david bazan play tonight.

I'm fairly certain my former crush is going to be there.

I will be friendly and nothing more.

Jobbs

Banned
Oh Lucy's a great name. One of the most pivotal characters in my game's plot is named Lucy. She was a scientist/doctor in life and a magical witch in death.

I've almost started this so many times. TV shows are big investments, and there are so many.. it's hard to choose.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
This reminds me, I'm ready to be disappointed by The 100 again. My anger has ebbed and it is unacceptable
I'm almost going to have to force myself to watch the new season.

Skip to season 2 if you do try Gotham. Season one has its moments but it's a lot more normal.

The weird is the best part.
Indeedy. The last three episodes or so felt borderline surreal at times.

Spoilers:
I actually like Fish Mooney and her personal brand of fuckery.

Im a righty but i use my left hand. Apparently Im a weirdo. Also you could get laid with me 3 times per day but you don't swing that way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do like the sound of fuck boys ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (as long as they are of legal age of course)

Got your eyes on something in particular or just will browse and see what to get?

I got the first volume of Deadly Class because I actually started with the second one (I coulnd't find the first one at the time) and also The Wake.

Misha

Banned
I've almost started this so many times. TV shows are big investments, and there are so many.. it's hard to choose.
Well keep it in mind. It's the best live action batman thing ever and seems to be the only one since Adam west that is both self aware and competent

I know the feeling. Are you happy though? Do you like her?

I'm feeling a lot of emotions right now. I saw Justin again last night because he had been invited to the movie with a bunch of others for a while now, and it was the first time since Saturday. And we played it cool, but I'm still very much attracted to him.

But it's fine. There are lots of people I'm super attracted to that I'll never be in a relationship with. Like, uh, Emma Roberts for example.

So yes, I'm very happy. In some ways I'm more happy than I can remember being in a long time, but it other ways I'm nervous and sad. I don't think the human experience can be summed up as a single emotion most of the time, which is a good thing to me. The dominant emotion right now is elation, so that's my final answer :p

Even if things don't go anywhere with the new girl, I'm still grateful for the present and the choices I've been allowed to make. But she and I have been close friends on and off for ten years now. Maybe eleven? So I pretty much know what to expect.

Oh Lucy's a great name. One of the most pivotal characters in my game's plot is named Lucy. She was a scientist/doctor in life and a magical witch in death.

It's her middle name but most people call her that or Emma-Lucille because we already have plenty of other people named Emma in our friend group.

I think I knew about that character already, but thanks for reminding me! :)

I thought batman wasn't even in it.

No, Bruce Wayne plays a prominent role in half of the episodes. He's not Batman yet but he's getting close.

I'm feeling a lot of emotions right now. I saw Justin again last night because he had been invited to the movie with a bunch of others for a while now, and it was the first time since Saturday. And we played it cool, but I'm still very much attracted to him.

But it's fine. There are lots of people I'm super attracted to that I'll never be in a relationship with. Like, uh, Emma Roberts for example.

So yes, I'm very happy. In some ways I'm more happy than I can remember being in a long time, but it other ways I'm nervous and sad. I don't think the human experience can be summed up as a single emotion most of the time, which is a good thing to me. The dominant emotion right now is elation, so that's my final answer :p

Even if things don't go anywhere with the new girl, I'm still grateful for the present and the choices I've been allowed to make. But she and I have been close friends on and off for ten years now. Maybe eleven? So I pretty much know what to expect.

It's her middle name but most people call her that or Emma-Lucille because we already have plenty of other people named Emma in our friend group.

No, Bruce Wayne plays a prominent role in half of the episodes. He's not Batman yet but he's getting close.

I am happy for you, my friend. It takes a lot of courage to be true to yourself and I'm proud of you for being who you are.

woah you and Lucy getting serious or something? so you did "find" someone pretty fast and it doesn't sound like a rebound-filler-character at all. congrats for pulling that off! :eek: <3

Jobbs

Banned
LL
a9a2d8f630415b922dc8ead57a8fb4e7.jpg

It should go without saying but I'm happy for you!

That's why I said batman thing. You can really tell Bruce is getting closer to becoming batman though.

Is hte kid from the OC Bruce Wayne? Which one's Bruce?

woah you and Lucy getting serious or something? so you did "find" someone pretty fast and it doesn't sound like a rebound-filler-character at all. congrats for pulling that off! :eek: <3
We could be. I don't know. She still hasn't come out to very many other people, so it makes it kind of difficult to pursue a relationship with her. But I'm waiting patiently here in the mean time.

Lili and Lucy.

It should go without saying but I'm happy for you!

Is hte kid from the OC Bruce Wayne? Which one's Bruce?

The OC kid is Gordon. Bruce is a bratty little kid who goes through rapid puberty the same way Bran Stark does and whose acting skills increase significantly in a similar pattern.

We could be. I don't know. She still hasn't come out to very many other people, so it makes it kind of difficult to pursue a relationship with her. But I'm waiting patiently here in the mean time.

The OC kid is Gordon. Bruce is a bratty little kid who goes through rapid puberty the same way Bran Stark does and whose acting skills increase significantly in a similar pattern.

aw &#9829; &#9829; &#9829; she'll appreciate it. and with you at her side coming out might be easier for her too.

Ugh god

I don't know how people have the patience for this whole online dating thing

It's so much effort and I haven't even got any responses yet

Don't mind me, just being a miserable twat

Also congrats lilith!

Clydefrog

I started watching episode 1 of Stranger Things. I fell asleep (but I was super tired!) Now I gotta watch it again. Maybe I am getting really old..

Jobbs

Banned
Everyone in here catching the gay smh

STRAIGHT WHITE FAKERS UNITE

Congrats Lilith ;D

did enough hetero stuff last night to make up for all of it

I started watching episode 1 of Stranger Things. I fell asleep (but I was super tired!) Now I gotta watch it again. Maybe I am getting really old..

you better not be one of those "I'm 25 and I'm so old" people like Tag

huh, now I know how one of my friends felt when she said "all the great guys are gay"
all the great girls are gay

but I still got a chance with dat Emma <3 ;)

congrats btw Lili :D

what does your profile look like? does it say something about you + you have more than one pic up?

Yisss

I was going to say noone's even looking at the profile but then I remembered that people can turn that thing off so maybe they are. But even then half of the people I've messaged haven't even been online since I messaged them

you better not be one of those "I'm 25 and I'm so old" people like Tag
I'm 25 and you ARE so old

Yisss

I was going to say noone's even looking at the profile but then I remembered that people can turn that thing off so maybe they are. But even then half of the people I've messaged haven't even been online since I messaged them

I'm 25 and you ARE so old
hm well okcupid is a sinking ship since most people switched to Tinder. at least around here :/
Haha, I'm a bit older than 25

Ban me :(

I liked the setting/tone but I should have just gone to bed. My sofa is too damn comfy!

I don't have the power :eek:

FloatOn

waaaaat

this is such a bad opinion in my opinion

nah. she was just trying to sell the whole "I'm so distraught I'm crazy" thing waaaaay too hard. like those scenes with the boss at checkout were just so corny in a bad way

eventually her character became good but at the start it was just slightly off-putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom