• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Hey, me too! Six days exactly. *bro fist* We were actually playing Tricky Towers on PS4 and she won and got to chose what we did

Where at?

You look greasy and douchey, I'll pass on the fist, guy.

I just called up one of my fwb dudes

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This is me right now.
WTqSMTx.gif

Feeling slap happy

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe

Thanks, saving this for future use.

Dude, Olympic Village goes through like 100,000 condoms in a week. Outdoor sex was legit banned in the early 2000s.

Yeah that's what I thought. Male and female athletes brought together. Magic happens.

Hey, it was a morning jog pic :(

Doesn't matter what she thinks of you and your profile pic, at the end of the day. Don't let someone far away that you're probably not even interested in yourself ruin your day.

Ceallach

I think sarcasm doesn't work well via text, lol.

Sorry if you took that wrong, lol. I meant it as a joke.

dralla

Doesn't matter what she thinks of you and your profile pic, at the end of the day. Don't let someone far away that you're probably not even interested in yourself ruin your day.

uh my day is definitely not ruined lol. I think it's kind of funny actually since I'm almost the polar opposite of the stereotypical 'douche bro'

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Couldn't sleep, so I woke up at 3:30 am. My knee hurts like hell -.-

Dude, Olympic Village goes through like 100,000 condoms in a week. Outdoor sex was legit banned in the early 2000s.

Olympic village is just excuse for orgies. Somebody I know won a medal in Sydney and he said that they were fucking like rabbits.

Ceallach

I hate the narrative that the US invaded anywhere for oil. The majority of our oil is sourced domestically.

We invaded Iraq because we had a President and Vice President who were heavily invested in PMCs like Blackwater/Xe, KBR and Halliburton and they wanted to make a shit ton of money by drumming up these insane fucking government contracts.

Ignoring that and pushing the narrative of oil is ignoring one of the greatest evils and injustices ever done.

And WE, the active duty, suffered for it. We saw our numbers dwindle as our mission increased exponentially. A lot of our work was outsourced to civilians that couldn't do it as well and had layers of red tape added, we had to deal with contractors who did the most fucked up shit and had no accountability, we had to deal with fucked up old gear because so much money was being taken by these fucking contractors. It continues to be a massive issue that no one seems aware of. Do people understand how little of the Defense budget the actual military get? How hurting we are for basic commodities? I can't get fucking TRASH BAGS. We are all bringing in shopping bags to use for trash. We are tearing up old clothes for tags, buying our own tools. And it is all because of these fucking insane contracts that give so much to contractors.

Ceallach

Nah man it was pretty alright.
What a mess of a movie. There was no real narrative of this thing. Sure, the Squad was put together. They went to a place. There was a uh.. Loose objective. But the story was not given time to breathe. No one was the main character.

But Holly! It's Suicide SQUAD. Not Suicide MAIN CHARACTER, you idiot! Well, guess what, to have a story, you need a point of view. This can be a group PoV, but you still need a PoV. This series of montages did not have that. The story was half-baked and at the end of the day, everyone was a Sexy Lamp with no purposes.

This is a shame, because you can tell the cast actually had chemistry and liked each other. No one had a real conversation. BUT THIS IS A SUPER-HERO ACTION MOVIE, THERE'S NOT SUPPOSE TO BE TALKING. Who are you and why do you type in all caps? But anyway, you can tell they could work together well!

No one has an arc. No one. Everyone starts and ends with the same motives. Deadshot wants his kid to have a chance. Harley wants her Juggalo Scarface wanna-be Puddin'. Rick Flagg wants to be a horrible fuck up. And the rest of the Squad? I don't know, live in a sexy Hot Topic Lamp Store? I didn't get to know anyone.

And yeah, the editing in this thing... It's very obvious they got a commercial/trailer editor in there because boy do they love cutting montages to music for no real reason other than it sounds cool.

Leto's Joker is dumb. Go fuck yourself, Leto

Fuck Marvel, David Ayer? Nah. Make mine Marvel.

But it seems to be the cause of this is that the movie that was shot had a different tone, and this version of the film was created in the editing room by the company that made the initial trailer
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squads-secret-drama-rushed-916693

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Leto's Joker is awful awful awful and really Harley has no reason to be in the squad at all.

But I still liked it.

probably because i didn't pay for it and got free shit

marrec

Banned
What a mess of a movie. There was no real narrative of this thing. Sure, the Squad was put together. They went to a place. There was a uh.. Loose objective. But the story was not given time to breathe. No one was the main character.

But Holly! It's Suicide SQUAD. Not Suicide MAIN CHARACTER, you idiot! Well, guess what, to have a story, you need a point of view. This can be a group PoV, but you still need a PoV. This series of montages did not have that. The story was half-baked and at the end of the day, everyone was a Sexy Lamp with no purposes.

This is a shame, because you can tell the cast actually had chemistry and liked each other. No one had a real conversation. BUT THIS IS A SUPER-HERO ACTION MOVIE, THERE'S NOT SUPPOSE TO BE TALKING. Who are you and why do you type in all caps? But anyway, you can tell they could work together well!

No one has an arc. No one. Everyone starts and ends with the same motives. Deadshot wants his kid to have a chance. Harley wants her Juggalo Scarface wanna-be Puddin'. Rick Flagg wants to be a horrible fuck up. And the rest of the Squad? I don't know, live in a sexy Hot Topic Lamp Store? I didn't get to know anyone.

And yeah, the editing in this thing... It's very obvious they got a commercial/trailer editor in there because boy do they love cutting montages to music for no real reason other than it sounds cool.

Leto's Joker is dumb. Go fuck yourself, Leto

Fuck Marvel, David Ayer? Nah. Make mine Marvel.

But it seems to be the cause of this is that the movie that was shot had a different tone, and this version of the film was created in the editing room by the company that made the initial trailer
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squads-secret-drama-rushed-916693

I don't really disagree with anything here, the editing was all over the place and the plot was dumb as fuck. They didn't give any of the characters time to breathe because they were too busy making them shoot at things.

Leto's Joker has potential, but he'll likely squander it trying to make a caricature.

Robbie's Harley has the most potential, there are moments of real good shit in there.

Deadshot never had a character even in the comics.

Diablo was BETTER than the comics.

But lets talk about Captain Boomerang. He WAS Captain Boomerang. Since Flash is my favorite comic I was ready to come into this hating Boomerang but man, I came out loving him. Perfect rendition, especially his Suicide Squad incarnation.

It's a shame, because the chemistry between the actors and the individual performances they put in all made me believe that a well shot, edited, and plotted movie with these same actors could have been brilliant.

Instead I got an okay flick that tickled my nerd boner for Suicide Squad. Minimal Joker, Minimal Batman was a plus.

FUME5

I hate the narrative that the US invaded anywhere for oil. The majority of our oil is sourced domestically.

We invaded Iraq because we had a President and Vice President who were heavily invested in PMCs like Blackwater/Xe, KBR and Halliburton and they wanted to make a shit ton of money by drumming up these insane fucking government contracts.

Ignoring that and pushing the narrative of oil is ignoring one of the greatest evils and injustices ever done.

And WE, the active duty, suffered for it. We saw our numbers dwindle as our mission increased exponentially. A lot of our work was outsourced to civilians that couldn't do it as well and had layers of red tape added, we had to deal with contractors who did the most fucked up shit and had no accountability, we had to deal with fucked up old gear because so much money was being taken by these fucking contractors. It continues to be a massive issue that no one seems aware of. Do people understand how little of the Defense budget the actual military get? How hurting we are for basic commodities? I can't get fucking TRASH BAGS. We are all bringing in shopping bags to use for trash. We are tearing up old clothes for tags, buying our own tools. And it is all because of these fucking insane contracts that give so much to contractors.

Whoah.

Finished Mass Effect 3.

So the ending (extended); I didn't dislike it, and I don't think it was bad, but I kinda wanted more from it. I'm also not a fan of the way some things played out, nor some of the explanation given for the "cycle".

Anyway, I chose synthesis, as I think it presents the most interesting future for the ME universe. I hope Andromeda gives the player the option to choose from the three endings, assuming synthesis is not what Bioware has made canon.

--

Of the three games, I actually like ME3 the most. I think its gameplay is the best in the series. I certainly had more fun playing it than the other two, though I'm sure the Adept class contributed to that sentiment greatly.

marrec

Banned
I'll go so far as to say that I'm MORE excited for a solo Batfleck film now that I've seen Leto's Joker and Robbie's Harley.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finished Mass Effect 3.

So the ending (extended); I didn't dislike it, and I don't think it was bad, but I kinda wanted more from it. I'm also not a fan of the way some things played out, nor some of the explanation given for the "cycle".

Anyway, I chose synthesis, as I think it presents the most interesting future for the ME universe. I hope Andromeda gives the player the option to choose from the three endings, assuming synthesis is not what Bioware has made canon.

--

Of the three games, I actually like ME3 the most. I think its gameplay is the best in the series. I certainly had more fun playing it than the other two, though I'm sure the Adept class contributed to that sentiment greatly.

If you don't know much about it, note that the vanilla ending explains so much less than the extended cut that you're left with a sense of absolute bewilderment as to what just happened and why. The EE is by far the best cut, and even then....yeah.

Andromeda likely wont have any ending choice as it'll be constructed in a way that avoids addressing the ending, eg: crew stranded in an entirely different galaxy, having left the milky way before ME3 came to its conclusion. It's a soft reboot basically.

And yeah, I agree. I mean, I don't know if I'd call ME3 my faovurite, because each game does something that is "my favourite" of the trilogy, but ME3 gets huge props for having the best combat system and some top encounters. The multiplayer in particular highlighted how much fun it is to play, and had some really incredible free post launch support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom