• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUME5

Finished Mass Effect 3.

So the ending (extended); I didn't dislike it, and I don't think it was bad, but I kinda wanted more from it. I'm also not a fan of the way some things played out, nor some of the explanation given for the "cycle".

Anyway, I chose synthesis, as I think it presents the most interesting future for the ME universe. I hope Andromeda gives the player the option to choose from the three endings, assuming synthesis is not what Bioware has made canon.

--

Of the three games, I actually like ME3 the most. I think its gameplay is the best in the series. I certainly had more fun playing it than the other two, though I'm sure the Adept class contributed to that sentiment greatly.

No such luck, they've said the ending tou chose has no bearing on Andromeda.

Would have been a massive undertaking to have synth / non synth versions.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Leto's Joker is awful awful awful and really Harley has no reason to be in the squad at all.

But I still liked it.

probably because i didn't pay for it and got free shit

Did you get to that point while listening to the dialogue where you thought "I could write better than this". Only took me like 3 mins of listening to that cheesy ass dialogue.

I prepaid for 3 tickets, someone bailed 2 hrs before midnight, had to find a third, the third brought a forth. Homestly if I hadn't been sleepy and slightly buzzed before watching it, I would have had an actively bad time. Instead it was just boring.

No such luck, they've said the ending tou chose has no bearing on Andromeda.

Would have been a massive undertaking to have synth / non synth versions.
Oh, well that's disappointing, but you're right. That would be a lot of work for the devs to do.

If you don't know much about it, note that the vanilla ending explains so much less than the extended cut that you're left with a sense of absolute bewilderment as to what just happened and why. The EE is by far the best cut, and even then....yeah.

Andromeda likely wont have any ending choice as it'll be constructed in a way that avoids addressing the ending, eg: crew stranded in an entirely different galaxy, having left the milky way before ME3 came to its conclusion. It's a soft reboot basically.

And yeah, I agree. I mean, I don't know if I'd call ME3 my faovurite, because each game does something that is "my favourite" of the trilogy, but ME3 gets huge props for having the best combat system and some top encounters. The multiplayer in particular highlighted how much fun it is to play, and had some really incredible free post launch support.
I'm about to look up the original cut on YouTube and watch every possible ending for both it and the extended cut.

If I'm reading it correctly, you're saying the crew of Andromeda ended up in...Andromeda before the end? Huh. I guess I need to catch up on the info for the new game. I've only seen the videos released for it.

The multiplayer is really awesome and say much fun. I've already sunk so much time into it. And this whole time I've been playing without any of the DLC installed. (I "purchased" it all when I bought the games, but completely forgot to download any of it.)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Did you get to that point while listening to the dialogue where you thought "I could write better than this". Only took me like 3 mins of listening to that cheesy ass dialogue.

I prepaid for 3 tickets, someone bailed 2 hrs before midnight, had to find a third, the third brought a forth. Homestly if I hadn't been sleepy and slightly buzzed before watching it, I would have had an actively bad time. Instead it was just boring.

Pretty much. I mean, I didn't dislike the film, but the last film I'd seen was Star Trek Beyond, which I also didn't dislike but nevertheless nodded off during. At least this kept my attention, if just to see what worked and what didn't.

It seemed...competent, I guess? I don't really hold super hero films up to a lofty standard. I just don't care much about them. Most of Suicide Squad's problems seemed like studio meddling to me, like weird cuts and reshoots.

Oh, well that's disappointing, but you're right. That would be a lot of work for the devs to do.

I'm about to look up the original cut on YouTube and watch every possible ending for both it and the extended cut.

If I'm reading it correctly, you're saying the crew of Andromeda ended up in...Andromeda before the end? Huh. I guess I need to catch up on the info for the new game. I've only seen the videos released for it.

The multiplayer is really awesome and say much fun. I've already sunk so much time into it. And this whole time I've been playing without any of the DLC installed. (I "purchased" it all when I bought the games, but completely forgot to download any of it.)

We don't really know much about Andromeda other than some teases and leaks. Officially the endings will have no impact, and it's set "distant in time and space" from the Milky Way. Unofficially I am 99% sure the trip to Andromeda (I don't know how they get there) begins before the trilogy ends, possibly even with a crew that has no knowledge of the Reapers, but due to travel time and whatnot arrive technically post trilogy end.

So yeah, it's basically a soft reboot. New setting, familiar elements, new framework, none of the trilogy baggage.

when ur music taste is literally perfect:

kfvRXx6.png

We don't really know much about Andromeda other than some teases and leaks. Officially the endings will have no impact, and it's set "distant in time and space" from the Milky Way. Unofficially I am 99% sure the trip to Andromeda (I don't know how they get there) begins before the trilogy ends, possibly even with a crew that has no knowledge of the Reapers, but due to travel time and whatnot arrive technically post trilogy end.

So yeah, it's basically a soft reboot. New setting, familiar elements, new framework, none of the trilogy baggage.
Cool, thanks! I'm really looking forward to whenever they do a big media/info blowout.

Edit: Watched the original ME3 endings. Yeah, I can see why they weren't liked. I immediately thought, "That's it?" The extended cut is a lot better.

when ur music taste is literally perfect:

kfvRXx6.png
Lol. I like Grimes, though.

Here's some music I listen to that's not from white indie girls:

SEVDALIZA - MEN OF GLASS

V V - Sacrifice

FKA twigs - In Time

Blood Orange - Augustine

Yuna - Loud Noises

VanJess - I Don't Need Him

Lianne La Havas – Unstoppable

Kendrick Lamar - The Blacker The Berry

Beyoncé - Don't Hurt Yourself

But I still seem to be allergic to the Y chromosome when it comes to music for the most part.

Where's Julien Baker and Courtney Barnett?

They're now on the to listen list.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Real talk though Kill V. Main is like...a perfect production.

EDIT: If you want to branch of out indie white girls to indie asian girls, try Sui Zhen.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
If a cashier asks you about your day is it because she likes you or because she's a nosy bitch?

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Sarcasm cheapens discourse I beleive that the world would be a lot healthier if we said what we meant instead of relying on easy cynicism. Anyone can be a pessimist but it takes real guts to wear your heart on your sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom