• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent most the day laying around with my girlfriend, eventually she had to go so I am about to try my hand at Shipwrecked some more -- Which is a harder core Don't Starve.

Do you ever play anything with her? I like watching people play Don't Starve.

hG7FDtJ.gif

My teeth hurt just looking at that...

Yep. There's no way I could eat any of that, but he's young and healthy and he'll be at camp hiking and stuff, so it's fine.

FloatOn

You know what I just thought? I wonder whether a more traditional Joker would even be well received in this cinematic universe since Lex Jr. already aped so many of his traits.

Sorry I just don't see it. Lex Jr. wasn't Lex in Joker skin. He was Lex in the character Jesse Eisenberg portrayed Mark Zuckerburg as in the social network. Basically a fast talking young money hotshot that is a poseur for some kind of mastermind. He wasn't convincing at all.

Leto Joker on the other hand I actually applaud because he had very big shoes to fill and he didn't just slightly alter a character he played previously or copy Ledger. It's probably my least favorite big screen interpretation of Joker so far but it has potential and his dynamic with Harley Quinn was great to watch.

Sorry I just don't see it. Lex Jr. wasn't Lex in Joker skin. He was Lex in the character Jesse Eisenberg portrayed Mark Zuckerburg as in the social network. Basically a fast talking young money hotshot that is a poseur for some kind of mastermind. He wasn't convincing at all.

Leto Joker on the other hand I actually applaud because he had very big shoes to fill and he didn't just slightly alter a character he played previously or copy Ledger. It's probably my least favorite big screen interpretation of Joker so far but it has potential and his dynamic with Harley Quinn was great to watch.

Oh, I forgot that was your interpretation. Lots of other people were calling him more Joker than Lex.

In any case, I love both characters. And I also don't get the praise everyone is showering on Viola Davis as Amanda Waller. I thought she looked bored for the whole movie and kept side-eyeing the director like "can we just finish the shot please?"

Send me gummy worms and the nerds. Thanks in advance XOXO

I'd rather wrestle an alligator than try to wrestle these treats out of his hands haha

FloatOn

Oh, I forgot that was your interpretation. Lots of other people were calling him more Joker than Lex.

In any case, I love both characters. And I also don't get the praise everyone is showering on Viola Davis as Amanda Waller. I thought she looked bored for the whole movie and kept side-eyeing the director like "can we just finish the shot please?"

I'd rather wrestle an alligator than try to wrestle these treats out of his hands haha

For me, it was just great to see a middle aged woman that is also a person of color be the one in charge for once. Really refreshing and I was 100% sold on her character.

This is a total side note but you bring up alligators so I'll let you in on a secret: in the lake behind my house there is an alligator that pops his head out from time to time :eek:

Total embarrassing Florida cliche.

Jobbs

Banned
I know I'm such a bore/annoying bore, but I typically don't eat candy. :( When I was a kid Mike & Ike was one of my favorites.

Do you ever play anything with her? I like watching people play Don't Starve.

Yep. We do play some games. She also watched me play Don't Starve a little when she woke up this morning but we found better things to do today and talked a lot.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
For me, it was just great to see a middle aged woman that is also a person of color be the one in charge for once. Really refreshing and I was 100% sold on her character.

This is a total side note but you bring up alligators so I'll let you in on a secret: in the lake behind my house there is an alligator that pops his head out from time to time :eek:

I was at a bachelorette party once where someone got the bachelorette one of these

I think about that a lot too, which is why I'm trying to do the best I can to not waste my youth. To that end I feel like I've been quite successful, but even so it's still something I fret about.

I don't have regrets in this regard, but I still miss it and the opportunities it suggests. My current related big fear is getting old and regretting not having kids. Time is starting to run out on our ambivalence (hers especially) should we wish to not be ambivalent in the having kids direction.

At a trampoline park for a kid's birthday party. Oh god

That sounds loud. Do you have enough drugs?

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I refresh this page and I'm greeted with what looks like a sharp dildo. Good thing I've been here long enough that I am no longer surprised.

Ceallach

I don't have regrets in this regard, but I still miss it and the opportunities it suggests. My current related big fear is getting old and regretting not having kids. Time is starting to run out on our ambivalence (hers especially) should we wish to not be ambivalent in the having kids direction.

That sounds loud. Do you have enough drugs?

I'm a Urinalysis Program Coordinator, I am subject to weekly drug tests.

Make someone record the wrestling with the gator and upload it to worldstarhiphop.

Brb moving to Florida first.

Actually my dad is there right now, 'cause the condos he rents out needed an inspection or something. I'm not sure why he couldn't do it remotely but whatever.

I'm glad you said it so I didn't have to point it out :p

Davis let everybody else do her acting for her. "Wow, can you believe she just said/did that?" As if standing in a room and scowling is enough to an actor. I like Waller's character from Assault on Arkham and Arrow, and I know Davis generally puts in good work, so this was confusing to me. Oh well.

Yep. We do play some games. She also watched me play Don't Starve a little when she woke up this morning but we found better things to do today and talked a lot.

Yeah, fair enough.

Sometimes I play Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth while chatting with others haha.

Yeah, that's something I'm going to have to think about sooner than later. I want kids eventually, but I'm in a perpetual "not yet".

I refresh this page and I'm greeted with what looks like a sharp dildo. Good thing I've been here long enough that I am no longer surprised.

How about a fucking huge dildo? NSFW NSFW NSFW

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe

I think I'll pass on clicking on that lilth, thanks.

It's not my job, just a collateral duty. I'm a Fire Controlman First Class Petty Officer in the Navy. My main jobs are Phalanx technician, Small Arms Marksmanship Instructor, Crew Served Weapons Instructor and Antiterrorism Training Supervisor.

Okay, that is really awesome!

Ceallach

That sounds like a really cool job..I mean the analysis part, the urine is what it is.

It's not my job, just a collateral duty. I'm a Fire Controlman First Class Petty Officer in the Navy. My main jobs are Phalanx technician, Small Arms Marksmanship Instructor, Crew Served Weapons Instructor and Antiterrorism Training Supervisor.

Jobbs

Banned
Yeah, fair enough.

Sometimes I play Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth while chatting with others haha.

In this case we were both so behind on sleep that we pretty much napped and layed around and talked and related activities most the day.

And I clicked the dildo. The veins look more like lightning than veins. :( 2/10

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah, that's something I'm going to have to think about sooner than later. I want kids eventually, but I'm in a perpetual "not yet".

Well, later than sooner, surely— you're 24, right? Most of my friends are only starting families now in their early/mid 30s. I have co-workers who Gave birth in their early 40s, but we're pretty sure that's too late for us.

How about a fucking huge dildo? NSFW NSFW NSFW

Not sure dishwasher safe is enough for that.

I'm a Urinalysis Program Coordinator, I am subject to weekly drug tests.

You had mentioned that before (I think in the context of smelling a sailor's particularly stinky bits); it was not a serious suggestion.

Edit:

Supper tonight: beer steamed mussels & hodgepodge:

There's another rate-user-pictures thread and (surprise!) almost no one is being honest in their ratings. I made a list of 83 normalized ratings but maybe I shouldn't stir the pot this time around.

Well, later than sooner, surely— you're 24, right? Most of my friends are only starting families now in their early/mid 30s. I have co-workers who Gave birth in their early 40s, but we're pretty sure that's too late for us.

I dunno. My older brother and his new wife are twenty-five and twenty-six respectively, and they're going to try to have kids pretty soon. My sister-in-law had her first at twenty-seven. My parents had my older brother at twenty-eight. Admittedly, I'm not trying to keep to the same exact track as them, but I'll want to start thinking about it more seriously in the next couple years probably.

Visit Florida and you can join me and FloatOn on gator wrestling.

When I said earlier that I'd rather wrestle an alligator I meant to imply that I hate the thought of alligator wrestling. It's not something I want to do. It's not something I plan on doing. I have no interest in the matter. There will be no convincing me otherwise.

Misha

Banned

My parents had me at 24.

I'm probably going to wait till late 30s and adopt tho

Jobbs

Banned
I want kids but I need to be with someone with whom it makes sense. Not sure if/when that'll be.

There's another rate-user-pictures thread and (surprise!) almost no one is being honest in their ratings. I made a list of 83 normalized ratings but maybe I shouldn't stir the pot this time around.

It's hard for me to adequately explain my revulsion at these threads in general and for many reasons. It should just be closed

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mum 25, Dad 30. Clean 30 year difference between me and my old man.

One of my biceps always hurts when I sneeze.

--

My mom had me at 30. She got all of three weeks mat leave from her residency programme.

In contrast my cousins have all started families in their mid-20s; my mom is pretty jealous of my aunt being a grandmother.

Sigh. My cousins and their spouses obviously don't play video games like we do.

Jobbs

Banned
You're an 8/10, Jobbs. A bit too pale but those rosy cheeks and lips are cute.

Reducing people to numbers is dehumanizing -- even if it's voluntary I don't like it. Beyond that, the thread is nothing but sad insecure people trying to find validation and cocky assholes trying to find validation. Desperation is one of the least pleasant things there are, and these threads traffic in it.

Not to mention the frequent dishonesty, mostly dudes, and the occasional girl dominating the quotes.

Reducing people to numbers is dehumanizing -- even if it's voluntary I don't like it. Beyond that, the thread is nothing but sad insecure people trying to find validation and cocky assholes trying to find validation. Desperation is one of the least pleasant things there are, and these threads traffic in it.

Not to mention the frequent dishonesty, mostly dudes, and the occasional girl dominating the quotes.

Yes, but did you get that it was a joke about your avatar or ???

dralla

Yes, but did you get that it was a joke about your avatar or ???

I think he's referring to the Rate My Pic thread in OT. The whole thread is strange for various reasons and it's also kind of funny since it's almost exclusively a bunch of straight dudes giving each other feedback.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Im fairly certain my post wasn't out of desperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom