• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Vegan wholemeal spaghetti bolognese.

bolo3jj3.jpg

Sauce is TVP mince soaked in veggie beef stock, bay leaf, pepper/salt, and some hot sauce. Fried up half an onion, garlic and chilli, with a stick of celery and bunch of mushrooms. Threw in the faux mince and a can of each whole and diced tomatoes. Half a cup of veggie beef stock, dash of red wine, some herbs. Simmered for about an hour. Served garnished with cracked pepper and basil.

Turned out much, much better than I expected, especially since I've never cooked with TVP before.

Jobbs

Banned
Dinner with your mum?

we've done that yea

it's a funny story, first time my mom ever met erica was when she let herself into my house one morning and just saw her asleep on the couch

and because my mom is so cool her reaction was basically "who's the girl on the couch? ...nice."

haha

I know the feeling.

her immediate family is a shattered mess I can't even begin to describe, I somewhat relate to it (not as bad) but yeah we don't have neat little dinners with the fam when it comes to her, it's not that kinda thing

basically she's a rose that grew out of garbage

Misha

Banned
#stopwhiteoppression #mensrights

More like Hillary probably isn't aware of it but she can't do anything without doing it criminally and Trump's words are being twisted by the media and a possible good economic plan: everyone works 500 hours a year and if you have money you can pay other people to work your hours cause money is worth more to poor people and time is worth more to rich people

Mid-late 20s white men are the most misunderstood, oppressed group in history, dontchaknow?

Where's my white male history month?

Every day is a struggle tbh.

How could you forget #WhiteLivesMatter?

#AllLivesMatter

More like Hillary probably isn't aware of it but she can't do anything without doing it criminally and Trump's words are being twisted by the media and a possible good economic plan: everyone works 500 hours a year and if you have money you can pay other people to work your hours cause money is worth more to poor people and time is worth more to rich people

Yikes.

I have like 52 variables in my new game does anyone know of a software where it automatically generates the possible endgame variables?

Jobbs? Lili?

Misha

Banned

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The confusing thing is these aren't things that you can come to the conclusion to from some (perhaps twisted) perspective (like if you think black lives matter actually means *only* black live matter), these things are completely nonsensical from any perspective. My dad actually used the word "conspiracy" to describe what Hillary does...

These people have engineering degrees. people pay them to know things and make decisions

Did you listen to the Popcast?

I've only listened to the beginning. Leona her drags are life giving.

The confusing thing is these aren't things that you can come to the conclusion to from some (perhaps twisted) perspective (like if you think black lives matter actually means *only* black live matter), these things are completely nonsensical from any perspective. My dad actually used the word "conspiracy" to describe what Hillary does...

These people have engineering degrees and people paid them to know things and make decisions

Just further proof that education isn't a panacea to willful ignorance or biases.

FUME5

These people have engineering degrees. people pay them to know things and make decisions

The government has been dosing their water supply with stupid drugs to keep them from the truth that the government is dosing their water supply with stupid drugs.

Misha

Banned
Just further proof that education isn't a panacea to willful ignorance or biases.
Or any reasoning whatsoever
The government has been dosing their water supply with stupid drugs to keep them from the truth that the government is dosing their water supply with stupid drugs.

my mom occasionally suggests that hormones in the water or something might be causing guys to be more effeminate and people to be more homosexual (not sure how feminizing is supposed to cause lesbianism but w/e)

I can't count the number of times I've been told to stay away from soy (it rarely comes up in meals anyway)

FUME5

Or any reasoning whatsoever

my mom occasionally suggests that hormones in the water or something might be causing guys to be more effeminate and people to be more homosexual (not sure how feminizing is supposed to cause lesbianism but w/e)

I can't count the number of times I've been told to stay away from soy (it rarely comes up in meals anyway)

Willful ignorance really pisses me off.

Well, I have drunk tap water. And I am gay. Your mom may be onto something. Also not sure what being effeminate has to do with being gay but I mean it's not like any of this has any rational basis.

Honestly reminds me of the Indonesian politician who said baby formula and instant noodles cause homosexuality. Again, I've had both. They're definitely onto something.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How much water and instant noodles do I need to consume before Vazra's jalapeño blowjob sounds appealing?

Pau

Man my parents aren't perfect but at least they don't spew too much bullshit. Sorry you have to deal with that Misha. :(

Misha

Banned
Wilful ignorance really pisses me off.

Ignorance is putting it nicely. It implies simply not knowing about something. To come up with an entirely new thing of misinformation where there really didn't need to be something there in the first place is something else.

Well, I have drunk tap water. And I am gay. Your mom may be onto something. Also not sure what being effeminate has to do with being gay but I mean it's not like any of this has any rational basis.

Honestly reminds me of the Indonesian politician who said baby formula and instant noodles cause homosexuality. Again, I've had both. They're definitely onto something.
I mean it did happen to turn out that my hormones were indeed out of wack but ill never let them know that. (and I'm correcting them in the opposite direction from what they'd want >:) )

They never specifically said effeminate but they said similar things. The basic idea seems to be that they thing being trans is the next step from being gay
Man my parents aren't perfect but at least they don't spew too much bullshit. Sorry you have to deal with that Misha. :(

The most frustrating thing is growing up you always assume your parents are right about things. When you start to think "hey that's not quite right" it really messes with you.
On the plus side it made me not surprised to hear people like Ben Carson be even worse

Misha

Banned
I was an arrogant brat as a kid so I don't even remember assuming my parents were right about everything.
I mean I often corrected teachers and my parents (and was often right) but just the things they say mean more. I know they're telling me things that they think will help me and I rarely heard anything that directly challenged it. Most of my conflicts came from like I guess empathy or something where I couldn't understand the illogic or hypocrisy behind stuff like thinking poorly about people for making mistakes. The internet was really the only place that gave me a chance to put words to those feelings
Oh lord. I'm not sure what my dad thinks about trans people. I've only ever heard him go on racist rants. ��

I heard my dad's opinion. Then I heard my sister repeat it. And I also got to hear my mom cry

Edit: sorry about that. I probably still need to see a therapist tbh

when ur on your second glass of wine and still haven't pissed yet.

I heard my dad's opinion. Then I heard my sister repeat it. And I also got to hear my mom cry

It's fine. I'm sorry you have to deal with this shit.

Pau

I've been playing Pokken trying to see if I can finally learn to play a fighting game with combos. So far only on the easier leagues and tournaments so button mashing works.

I mean I often corrected teachers and my parents (and was often right) but just the things they say mean more. I know they're telling me things that they think will help me and I rarely heard anything that directly challenged it. Most of my conflicts came from like I guess empathy or something where I couldn't understand the illogic or hypocrisy behind stuff like thinking poorly about people for making mistakes. The internet was really the only place that gave me a chance to put words to those feelings

No need to apologize!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom