• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
13907146_1114764961929691_8835498833061619618_n.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tomorrow I have the office to myself, and I'm fairly sure a bunch of clients I booked in wont actually attend, or at best will be short, easy appointments.

So I've polished off a bottle of wine and it's 1:00am

1470576776980ldkg5.gif

Wait hang on why is this person on Tinder isn't she married what

Casual side dick.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much everybody in this thread is attractive, friendly, and interesting to me. Chin up suckers, you'll find someone
and refer me to their sister

Someday I will find someone special.

Then I will slowly come to resent them until their presence feels like a crushing weight on my chest that will never lift. That's love though.

So I've polished off a bottle of wine and it's 1:00am.

large.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I just checked my calender. So many easy appointments. Fuck tomorrow. I'll spend most of the day on my screenplay.

Someday I will find someone special.

Then I will slowly come to resent them until their presence feels like a crushing weight on my chest that will never lift. That's love though.

Eventually you'll find yourself too entrenched in another human being, like an emotional parasite, to muster the confidence to leave. Sometimes it's just easier to deal with staying than the baggage and fallout of change.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Eventually you'll find yourself too entrenched in another human being, like an emotional parasite, to muster the confidence to leave. Sometimes it's just easier to deal with staying than the baggage and fallout of change.

Roomates, am i right.

EatChildren

Roomates, am i right.

I once had a roommate who, unbeknown to us at the time of letting him in, had acquired severe brain trauma from a car accident that had severely altered his personality and perception of reality. He told us stories of firing a rifle as is FWB's feet, trying to join the army post 9/11 proclaiming "kill them towelheads", his ex-wife's "ghost cock" (which is apparently intercourse with a stranger), sleeping with 16/17 year old trainees, and so on. He pissed himself on a couch, stole AU$700+ from a friend and I, tried to fight me, and on one occasion got so heinously drunk and incoherent that he called his ex wife's mother and threatened to shoot her, then his ex-wife's work sobbing stating his ex-wife had been killed and won't be coming in to work tomorrow. On one morning I woke up to three police cars, nine officers, taking him into custody.

Fuck roommates.

Xiao Hu

I once had a roommate who, unbeknown to us at the time of letting him in, had acquired severe brain trauma from a car accident that had severely altered his personality and perception of reality. He told us stories of firing a rifle as is FWB's feet, trying to join the army post 9/11 proclaiming "kill them towelheads", his ex-wife's "ghost cock" (which is apparently intercourse with a stranger), sleeping with 16/17 year old trainees, and so on. He pissed himself on a couch, stole AU$700+ from a friend and I, tried to fight me, and on one occasion got so heinously drunk and incoherent that he called his ex wife's mother and threatened to shoot her, then his ex-wife's work sobbing stating his ex-wife had been killed and won't be coming in to work tomorrow. On one morning I woke up to three police cars, nine officers, taking him into custody.

Fuck roommates.

HOLY.FUCKING.HELL

Ugh the beach is so amazing! This trip is already going to be more wild than last year. Friend got engaged last night and I died laughing at the condom bowl someone set up downstairs for the house. And to you wine drinkers....it's still blehg after drinking a whole bottle bleghh

Front Bottoms girl has checked my profile but hasn't responded

This entire thing is just an exercise in depression

At least before I wasn't actually doing anything so I could blame my lack of success on that :c

Front Bottoms girl has checked my profile but hasn't responded

This entire thing is just an exercise in depression

At least before I wasn't actually doing anything so I could blame my lack of success on that :c

inclined to agree with that rn.

but I guess everyone has a lot of stuff not working out before being lucky enough to find someone cool online.

AcridMeat

Banned
A Mazda Miata and Big Sur is a dream.
The Miata is misunderstood.

It's a low power roadster you beat the shit out of. You just work the gears and take the corners at twice the legal limit. It's perfectly balanced but with enough body roll, that you think you are doing something illegal in most states.
Yeah! Unfortunately I'm not gonna drive down there with mine until I get a new set of tires.

I baby the shit out of mine though. The fun is in the handling and gearbox for me. Plus being quick around the city is super useful.
Messaged magic guy and CNG last night and neither of them has replied so far. Dating was a mistake. It's nothing but trash
At least you're free to pursue whatever else and know they aren't worth the time. :)

Still curious to see how things would work out if you're a bit more eager to meet in person from the get go though. But take the break, shit is draining. I know I wanted to stop for a long time but checking those apps became a habit, which wasn't that great haha. Chin up.
Lickitung_licks_Arbock_zps02278eb8.gif

man mick gordon's work on the two wolfenstein games is so so so fucking fantastic

Ransacked
The Partisan
14 Years
Kill Everyone

new order is such a legit game
Yeah it is! I was hoping to get through more of it this weekend, maybe an hour this morning, though I'm still trying to get loot boxes in Overwatch while I can.

Going to a brewery at 1, they do sours which I'm not too familiar with. They're intense as heck I know that.
This gif...
face-with-cold-sweat.png

Yeah! Unfortunately I'm not gonna drive down there with mine until I get a new set of tires.

I baby the shit out of mine though. The fun is in the handling and gearbox for me. Plus being quick around the city is super useful.
At least you're free to pursue whatever else and know they aren't worth the time. :)

Still curious to see how things would work out if you're a bit more eager to meet in person from the get go though. But take the break, shit is draining. I know I wanted to stop for a long time but checking those apps became a habit, which wasn't that great haha. Chin up.
Lickitung_licks_Arbock_zps02278eb8.gif

Yeah it is! I was hoping to get through more of it this weekend, maybe an hour this morning, though I'm still trying to get loot boxes in Overwatch while I can.

Going to a brewery at 1, they do sours which I'm not too familiar with. They're intense as heck I know that.
This gif...
face-with-cold-sweat.png
I refuse to meet someone without knowing a bit about them first. I don't wanna make it completely random. if someone doesn't care about that he wasn't for me anyway I guess...
probably saved my ass from a boring ass date with nothing to talk about.
lolz, for real though, you might like Knuckle Puck. They're a mishmash of emo, punk, and pop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l-rY1MByy0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAGcWrgYY9c

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I like them, thanks!

AcridMeat

Banned
I refuse to meet someone without knowing a bit about them first. I don't wanna make it completely random. if someone doesn't care about that he wasn't for me anyway I guess...
probably saved my ass from a boring ass date with nothing to talk about.
I wasn't insinuating to make it a completely random date.

Also remember I'm coming from it from a guy's perspective having used these apps. We (guys) are always told to keep it in mind that, if you get a message back from someone you're interested in, you should be moving it to text after several successful/fun/interesting/whatever messages. Then it's a day or two of back and forth before setting up a date or meeting.

That's because there's so much choice out there in online dating, that things can fizzle extremely quickly. If it's not amazing from the start you'll be put further down the list by someone else. The longer you wait, the less chance you have of ever meeting, regardless of how well you seem to get along in text. Again, this is as a guy, I know it's entirely different from a girl's perspective, but I can't really comment on that side of it.

Granted I don't have all the information, but I was like you too when I started. I didn't like meeting people I didn't know or feel completely comfortable about. However it was such a slow process and I wasn't happy because I didn't end up meeting most people even if I was interested.

I will say that as a result I've gone on a ton of first dates which didn't develop any further because we weren't the same fit in person as via texts. That's my biggest point, even if you get to know someone before meeting, they aren't necessarily going to be who you have built up in your head. So investing the time for a chance of it being different isn't always good too.

I just want you to be happy trabbo. I agree take a break, I certainly did at points. Then you find there's a day where you may send out some messages, or respond to some and who knows!

I wasn't insinuating to make it a completely random date.

Also remember I'm coming from it from a guy's perspective having used these apps. We (guys) are always told to keep it in mind that, if you get a message back from someone you're interested in, you should be moving it to text after several successful/fun/interesting/whatever messages. Then it's a day or two of back and forth before setting up a date or meeting.

That's because there's so much choice out there in online dating, that things can fizzle extremely quickly. If it's not amazing from the start you'll be put further down the list by someone else. The longer you wait, the less chance you have of ever meeting, regardless of how well you seem to get along in text. Again, this is as a guy, I know it's entirely different from a girl's perspective, but I can't really comment on that side of it.

Granted I don't have all the information, but I was like you too when I started. I didn't like meeting people I didn't know or feel completely comfortable about. However it was such a slow process and I wasn't happy because I didn't end up meeting most people even if I was interested.

I will say that as a result I've gone on a ton of first dates which didn't develop any further because we weren't the same fit in person as via texts. That's my biggest point, even if you get to know someone before meeting, they aren't necessarily going to be who you have built up in your head.

I just want you to be happy trabbo.
yeah but I don't have the energy to go to a ton of shitty/average first dates just hoping for something good. I can only take so many crazies/creeps/inline skaters in person.

I hear your point but it's all so frustrating to me still ;/
<3

AcridMeat

Banned
yeah but I don't have the energy to go to a ton of shitty/average first dates just hoping for something good. I can only take so many crazies/creeps/inline skaters in person.

I hear your point but it's all so frustrating to me still ;/
<3
Yeah, it's not the greatest, but at the same time I was using it to just build confidence. It was also a good excuse to find people to go places that my friends wouldn't want to like museums or concerts.

There's this girl I'm falling in love with and until she comes out to her parents at least I feel like my hands are tied. She invited me over to dinner this evening so I could be there and support her in breaching all the news to her parents, but the timing just wasn't right.

Last night she and I went out to a party with some friends, and we had carpooled because the event was almost an hour north of where we live, and she was still too drunk to drive when we got back to my house super late last night, so I told her she could spend the night and she happily took me up on that offer. We didn't even do anything but it was electric...

So her parents tonight were really grateful to me for taking care of her, and I just couldn't figure out a way to say "you're welcome and by the way I kissed her the other night". Plus it's her business being the one to come forward first.

I should've just been like "hey, Lucy has something to tell you" or "we have something to tell you" but I didn't think of it in time. So now the plan is she'll tell them tomorrow. But that's always the plan because there's always a tomorrow.

I'm happy you're happy, Lili.

Although I think you should leave the telling up to her.

Also pretty intrigued by your ability to fall in love so quickly. No judgment here but I guess that happens when you are quick to trust. After what I went through I am not confident I'll ever be able to trust someone again.

Eh, it happens. I'm all mushy and squishy as well.

Today's already off to a great start! Went out for coffee this morning with my sister. I'm going to miss her when she leaves for college in a couple weeks :(

13906785_278852272492772_2132054570813849809_n.jpg

Nothing else left on the agenda though, so I might try to jump back into and finish Headlander since I have a bunch of time today.

I'm happy you're happy, Lili.

Although I think you should leave the telling up to her.

I will. And thank you &#9829;

There's this girl I'm falling in love with and until she comes out to her parents at least I feel like my hands are tied. She invited me over to dinner this evening so I could be there and support her in breaching all the news to her parents, but the timing just wasn't right.

Last night she and I went out to a party with some friends, and we had carpooled because the event was almost an hour north of where we live, and she was still too drunk to drive when we got back to my house super late last night, so I told her she could spend the night and she happily took me up on that offer. We didn't even do anything but it was electric...

So her parents tonight were really grateful to me for taking care of her, and I just couldn't figure out a way to say "you're welcome and by the way I kissed her the other night". Plus it's her business being the one to come forward first.

I should've just been like "hey, Lucy has something to tell you" or "we have something to tell you" but I didn't think of it in time. So now the plan is she'll tell them tomorrow. But that's always the plan because there's always a tomorrow.

It warms my heart that you're doing this with her &#9829;

I mean it's scary and it takes a lot of guts but it's so worth it, trust me.

Bae's mom isn't supportive of the whole gay thing so sometimes it doesn't go the way you want it to, but it's something that goes a long way towards being true to yourself.

Today's already off to a great start! Went out for coffee this morning with my sister. I'm going to miss her when she leaves for college in a couple weeks :(

13906785_278852272492772_2132054570813849809_n.jpg

Nothing else left on the agenda though, so I might try to jump back into and finish Headlander since I have a bunch of time today.

I will. And thank you &#9829;

your hair is on fleek

I mean it's scary and it takes a lot of guts but it's so worth it, trust me.

Bae's mom isn't supportive of the whole gay thing so sometimes it doesn't go the way you want it to, but it's something that goes a long way towards being true to yourself.

I agree, and thank you. I'm sorry it went that way for your partner :(

your hair is on fleek
Rings are also &#55357;&#56883;&#55357;&#56846;&#55357;&#56613;

I got bored of the straight cyan, wanted to ombré it up again :D

Luckily my hair artist is so accommodating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom