• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure you both are related? She doesn't have the same blue hair...

Huh, I never thought of it that way. Maybe I'm adopted.

Watching people struggle to complete Green Hill Zone is stressing me out.

Sonic level design has a lot of trial and error thanks to the speed and the size of the sprites, which is compounded by losing your speed being such a detrimental punishment. In a modern world with less patience for bullshit than ever, it's harder to sift through Sonic's crap to get at the gold buried underneath.

Managed to finally get up to two miles speed walking/jogging today (an hour total of cardio). Not a very impressive number, but it's a good milestone for me, and hopefully my new baseline. The most important thing is that I'm now losing weight (however small that is) on a more consistent basis. I'm aiming for at least 50lbs lost by the end of the year.

Pau

Managed to finally get up to two miles speed walking/jogging today (an hour total of cardio). Not a very impressive number, but it's a good milestone for me, and hopefully my new baseline. The most important thing is that I'm now losing weight (however small that is) on a more consistent basis. I'm aiming for at least 50lbs lost by the end of the year.
Congrats! How often are you doing it?

Congratulations! Please keep us posted :)

yeah but I don't have the energy to go to a ton of shitty/average first dates just hoping for something good. I can only take so many crazies/creeps/inline skaters in person.

I hear your point but it's all so frustrating to me still ;/
<3

I don't want to give out stupid advices on stuff I don't know much about either, but:
How about Uni-partys etc? Isn't uni like a huge dating service? At least that's my perception.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
So an important motivator is don't get caught up in your daily numbers. Watch your trends over time. Your weight fluctuates a lot throughout the day, and 5lb gain or loss doesn't mean a lot. Could be due to water retention or sweat or any myriad of factors.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Damn, my knee is starting to swell a bit. Will go to work, but my doctor is working in the morning, so I will go there during work hours

Staying indoors without daily walk sucks. But screw it, health first.

I don't want to give out stupid advices on stuff I don't know much about either, but:
How about Uni-partys etc? Isn't uni like a huge dating service? At least that's my perception.

I'm pretty much done with Uni rn. plus I always feel like mostly younger people go there, idk never worked out for me at least :/

I'm pretty much done with Uni rn. plus I always feel like mostly younger people go there, idk never worked out for me at least :/

Ah, ok. I had it in mind that you would still go to uni.
The sort of good thing in my field is that there are still "older" people (= 25+), but most students just annoy me (young and old).

I think I'm turning into a grumpy weirdo.

How about coworkers, people from sports/hobbies?

Congrats! How often are you doing it?
Thanks! Every other day at the moment. But I'm going to be doing cardio every day starting tomorrow.

Congratulations! Please keep us posted :)
I will, and thanks!

So an important motivator is don't get caught up in your daily numbers. Watch your trends over time. Your weight fluctuates a lot throughout the day, and 5lb gain or loss doesn't mean a lot. Could be due to water retention or sweat or any myriad of factors.
Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the advice!

zeemumu

Someone ran over a white maltipoo that was missing in the street. I feel so bad for the owners. They put up posters around the neighborhood looking for it. Apparently it just went missing yesterday.

Rargh, literally everyone on Tinder who's matched is a bot that sends the same message this is bullshit :C

The sort of good thing in my field is that there are still "older" people (= 25+), but most students just annoy me (young and old).

OH NO D:

definitely no coworkers... there's no common ground here. and I generally just have a hard time meeting guys in RL it seems. like either the guys are taken or not really up to make a move. I hardly get approached ever unless it's by reallyy creepy guys who do it with every other woman. but maybe something will come up, who knows. hobby-wise I'm more of a nerd...but even all the guys at that magic booster draft I went to were taken lol. I feel like I'm the only one left at this point. I'm just so salty rn but thanks for offering advice! :)

I was told my legs looked like waffles today
img_21198esz7.jpg

so I got hungry and made pancakes
img_212277sgh.jpg

Not gonna lie. Got super obsessed with that show last year.

it's soo good right?! and it only gets better. actually just started it a couple of days ago

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
img_21198esz7.jpg

img_212277sgh.jpg

it's soo good right?! and it only gets better. actually just started it a couple of days ago
10/10 would rub your legs and read comics with you. How about some sex criminals. Book 3 is out

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Oh man, Super Mario 3D World is so much fun. I don't remember when was the last time I enjoyed a coop game this much, but it definitely has that rare Nintendo quality. It may not be the best Mario game ever, but it's very polished and throughly solid, which is rather unusual these days. It's almost like a proper 16bit Ninty game in 3D.

My entire weekend could be summed up as lewding, Mario, gardening, fajitas, Mario, lewding, pizza and more Mario.

#blessed

FakeGAF: Gayer than LGBTQIA GAF.
I am house sitting for my parents while they are away, which means I've been doing my part at straightening up this thread.
Those stairs have seen things. Stuff.

Seaklng

Banned
img_21198esz7.jpg

img_212277sgh.jpg

They do kinda look like waffles haha! Cute :3
Damn those are some fierce looking pancakes.

Yessss. I've watched it all the way through. I love it. (Such a guilty pleasure)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
That's great. I'm probably part of the echo chamber, but don't forget that early results are the most noticeable. Also, muscle gains (which may happen even from running if you didn't train before) may offset weight loss from burning that adipose tissue.

I've been meaning to read that, Matt Fraction is good (hence my tag)
It's glorious and somewhat kinky and just plain fun. It kind of blows my mind that man was also behind Iron Fist's (INNUENDO) best run yet, but hey. I should probably get back into it. I had to drop the series a good while ago due to work, but it's great. Very weird to see a sexually supercharged comic book that happens to treat sex in actually mature fashion.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm back from New York! Poughkeepsie is such a nostalgic town for me. Also went up to Rhinebeck, which is a very nice slice of suburbia.

Ladies, any tips for a man successfully starting a conversation on tinder please? :)
Ask her if she's ever tried speedrunning Super Mario World.

Do not actually do this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom