• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I honestly feel like I'm having a gaming detox. I like sitting with the girlfriend and playing this cute game for kids that makes you cuss at the TV like a sailor.

Jobbs

Banned
I need a drinking buddy. I'm in such a party mood rn. need to blow off some steam

Me too kinda. I'm all home alone rn and feeling jittery.

I honestly feel like I'm having a gaming detox. I like sitting with the girlfriend and playing this cute game for kids that makes you cuss at the TV like a sailor.

I've played Smash with my girlfriend and my niece which was adorable (I kicked their asses) and I've played Mario 3D World with my girlfriend as well.

More fun, though, is Don't Starve, because of all the strategy and stakes and the shared desire to not die

MutFox

Banned
While on the island this weekend,
found a pokegym that is remote and only has seniors nearby.
:'D

Got lost in a forest looking for the gym.
The forest has multiple trails and wild animals. :|
No idea how this place became a gym. :p

Now just collecting the pokegold. XD

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Honestly, the greatest open world, massive experience game still pales in comparison to the sublime experience of a Mario game.

Ceallach

I want to sell stuff on a flee market.
Are you selling running shoes and survival equipment?

Also, this is why I don't buy clothes online, lol
j8LdTwi.jpg

Misha

Banned
Is a flea market where people turn up in there cars and sell shit out the trunks in a field? because we have those in England but we call them car boot sales
It's a bit more organized than that. Basically it's a bunch of card tables set up in a field in rows and you pay a bit to have one of the spaces and you just put your stuff out there and people buy it

Also it could be indoors but not much is different

Fluvian

Banned
It's a bit more organized than that. Basically it's a bunch of card tables set up in a field in rows and you pay a bit to have one of the spaces and you just put your stuff out there and people buy it

Also it could be indoors but not much is different

Huh sounds more like a convention than a car boot sale.

FloatOn

Why wait? You should get it now while Splatoon still has an active community

I don't really have time for any games at the moment.

I don't even play the ludicrous amount of games I'm hoarding on my steam account.

Things may calm down for me at some point next year :/

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't really have time for any games at the moment.

I don't even play the ludicrous amount of games I'm hoarding on my steam account.

Things may calm down for me at some point next year :/
Your business makes me feel inadequate.

Ceallach

My daughter and I have gotten into plying Warriors OrochI on Xbone, lol. I set to easy and she can just hack through hundreds of people. Between this and Ghostbusters I think these are her first non nintendo games we have played together

Xiao Hu

Eeeeh, I can't read the speculation threads about the NX anymore. Just announce a date for the reveal already!

Btw, I heared that Nintendo won't bother to put up some stations at Gamescom to play BotW. That company is incredibly stupid if true 😰

Realsies. We made the Facebook posts and everything tonight and went out to dinner to celebrate.
First off, congrats! I missed this because I was heading to sleep.
aww, she sounds so sweet. Best of luck to you! :)
She's the best tbh. We've known each other for ten years, and we've talked nearly every single day, and I've never once gotten tired of it. It won't happen anytime soon (saving money is hard when everyone wants it), but I'm sure the trip over there will be great. Plus she'd help plan it, since she's actually amazing at planning stuff like that and she never fails to remind me that i'm poop at it lol
(Kidding. Mostly.)

LMAO

Ceallach

Eeeeh, I can't read the speculation threads about the NX anymore. Just announce a date for the reveal already!

Btw, I heared that Nintendo won't bother to put up some stations at Gamescom to play BotW. That company is incredibly stupid if true 😰
Nintendo are actually kind of smart. What do they get out of it? It's like e3, what do you gain from being there you can't get out of cheaper avenues?

Spending the money to set up and travel isnt going to make anyone more aware of BotW.

Xiao Hu

Nintendo are actually kind of smart. What do they get out of it? It's like e3, what do you gain from being there you can't get out of cheaper avenues?

Spending the money to set up and travel isnt going to make anyone more aware of BotW.

Dude, it's THE biggest consumer focused gaming convention in the world. Gamescom is breaking visitor records year over year and Nintendo's booths have always been very popular, especially for those who want a break from the main halls where the main publishers are (there are a lot of those people). It's incredibly stupid to not use such opportunity.

There's a Syfy movie named 2 Lava 2 Lantula, which is about giant, fire/lava breathing spiders. Bless you, people, making these hilariously bad movies.

Ceallach

Dude, it's THE biggest consumer focused gaming convention in the world. Gamescom is breaking visitor records year over year and Nintendo's booths have always been very popular, especially for those who want a break from the main halls where the main publishers are (there are a lot of those people). It's incredibly stupid to not use such opportunity.
What does you get from that though? What is the gain?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Nintendo has been following their own logic for years and seems better off for it. They have a no competition mentality where they don't try to one-up Sony or MS and just do their own thing instead.

Just woke up from a nightmare where everything was going wrong. There wasn't anything to do at work so I went out errand running, but two stores in a row didn't have what we needed. Then as we're walking down the street I notice a tire yard with most of its tires on fire. I can hear the blaring sirens of a fire truck but when that rolls onto the scene that too was on fire, about to explode. We barely get in the car to drive away when out of nowhere an airplane that's also on fire careens into the street in a harsh landing that scuffs up and blocks the road, so now we're back on foot. There's a thick cloud of dust that it's hard to see through, and phone service/internet isn't working so we can't call any lifelines. About a block later we walk through a park where there are dead people and broken furniture lying around everywhere like some kind of huge brawl broke out, and the few remaining fighters are tucked away in corners sniping at each other. Finally we get internet reception again and the news is going crazy with reports of bomb threats, earthquakes, robberies and looting. Somehow we eventually get back home but it's not my house. When we enter there's some sort of domestic violence hostage situation where one of the people is threatening to shoot her gun at an exposed gas main. The authorities on the scene are trying to make sure she doesn't do that because if it blows then some sort of chain reaction will unleash a lethal miasma of some sort to plague the city and beyond. So to help out we have to shut off the gas main but someone is falsely accusing me of being the one to install it so poorly and dangerously, so I'm the one of the ones who have to go fix it. We get into the basement and it's like a Bloodborne dungeon, traps and monsters everywhere. We sneak past using a guide my girlfriend is looking up but it's pretty far to the point we're trying to go. I take one wrong turn and accidentally aggro a huge boss who starts chasing us back to the house, mission as yet unaccomplished. Somehow in the chase, I think when I re-entered the house, the Bloodborne boss transformed into a hideous claymation form of a protagonist from a game I worked on ten years ago, and it was still chasing us. At this point the house was like a castle and we kept climbing higher and higher to escape the boss's wrath, but ultimately at the top of a tall tower I was grabbed by it and dragged back down to the depths.

Good morning. I'm late for work.

Xiao Hu

What does you get from that though? What is the gain?

Me personally? Nothing because I don't attend the convention anymore. The countless folks who still do? A chance to get interested in a system (either Wii U or NX) that they usually don't give a shit about but the name behind the product is still, after all these years, a loaded term.

What Nintendo lacks is the ability to harness their goodwill. Nintendo as a brand is still powerful albeit not used effectively. If I had the time I would love to do some academical research on this topic, it even provides enough content for a marketing focused bachelor thesis (it's not completely related to my major though).

Just woke up from a nightmare where everything was going wrong. There wasn't anything to do at work so I went out errand running, but two stores in a row didn't have what we needed. Then as we're walking down the street I notice a tire yard with most of its tires on fire. I can hear the blaring sirens of a fire truck but when that rolls onto the scene that too was on fire, about to explode. We barely get in the car to drive away when out of nowhere an airplane that's also on fire careens into the street in a harsh landing that scuffs up and blocks the road, so now we're back on foot. There's a thick cloud of dust that it's hard to see through, and phone service/internet isn't working so we can't call any lifelines. About a block later we walk through a park where there are dead people and broken furniture lying around everywhere like some kind of huge brawl broke out, and the few remaining fighters are tucked away in corners sniping at each other. Finally we get internet reception again and the news is going crazy with reports of bomb threats, earthquakes, robberies and looting. Somehow we eventually get back home but it's not my house. When we enter there's some sort of domestic violence hostage situation where one of the people is threatening to shoot her gun at an exposed gas main. The authorities on the scene are trying to make sure she doesn't do that because if it blows then some sort of chain reaction will unleash a lethal miasma of some sort to plague the city and beyond. So to help out we have to shut off the gas main but someone is falsely accusing me of being the one to install it so poorly and dangerously, so I'm the one of the ones who have to go fix it. We get into the basement and it's like a Bloodborne dungeon, traps and monsters everywhere. We sneak past using a guide my girlfriend is looking up but it's pretty far to the point we're trying to go. I take one wrong turn and accidentally aggro a huge boss who starts chasing us back to the house, mission as yet unaccomplished. Somehow in the chase, I think when I re-entered the house, the Bloodborne boss transformed into a hideous claymation form of a protagonist from a game I worked on ten years ago, and it was still chasing us. At this point the house was like a castle and we kept climbing higher and higher to escape the boss's wrath, but ultimately at the top of a tall tower I was grabbed by it and dragged back down to the depths.

k

Ceallach

Me personally? Nothing because I don't attend the convention anymore. The countless folks who still do? A chance to get interested in a system (either Wii U or NX) that they usually don't give a shit about but the name behind the product is still, after all these years, a loaded term.

What Nintendo lacks is the ability to harness their goodwill. Nintendo as a brand is still powerful albeit not used effectively. If I had the time I would love to do some academical research on this topic, it even provides enough content for a marketing focused bachelor thesis (it's not completely related to my major though).

Not you, Nintendo. They get next to nothing from it. Nintendo has all the brand awareness in the world.

Halcyon

I bought a cheap Bluetooth controller and I'm going to play through Link to the Past, Super Metroid, then Super Mario World as I am now on the emulation train.

This will take me 4 years to achieve but I've wanted to play them since I was 12.

FloatOn

I bought a cheap Bluetooth controller and I'm going to play through Link to the Past, Super Metroid, then Super Mario World as I am now on the emulation train.

This will take me 4 years to achieve but I've wanted to play them since I was 12.

wait, you never have?

these are some of the greatest games of all time

Jobbs

Banned

I've had that same exact dream. I wonder what it means

Don't forget to map a couple buttons to save state/load state so you can save scum your way through Nintendo Hard levels >:)

Emulation is great

I've had that same exact dream. I wonder what it means
You're pulling my leg

Fluvian

Banned

What the hell? you can actually remember all that? I never remember my dreams and the rare times I do their nightmares where I'm constantly walking through a series of hallways running away from something, and just before I wake up I accidently run into whats chasing me, what's chasing me is always different, one time it was Pee Wee Herman.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Playing Gamecube and Wii games at 1080p tho. Hard to play those on a 1080p screen without emulation tbh.

FloatOn

Boo emulation.

I only play on real hardware. I don't even like everdrives. But to each their own.

I can understand the appeal since I like to buy music on vinyl sometimes

but the convenience of the modern digital world is really nice.

it also prevents you from becoming a hoarder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom