• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluvian

Banned
NMS looks incredibly dull and repetitive. I'll passed on that one.

Do you gals/guys have a list of what games you want to buy this year? Mine looks like this so far:

- Deus Ex
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Mafia 3
- Dishonored 2
(- Watchdogs 2 depending on the reviews and imoressions)

All I want is Persona 5, I scratch myself like a heroin addict when I think about it.

Jobbs

Banned
Crash felt downright primitive at the time it came out -- If I recall, it launched later in the same year as Mario 64.

In Mario 64 you could explore environments freely in all directions and find all kinds of interesting things to do and fun interactions. Crash was an on rails game with horrendous art design and a stupid looking character. I'm not saying it's impossible to have fun playing it (I was just having fun throwing a rock at a tree a bit ago) but there's nothing interesting or remarkable about it and I simply can't for the life of me understand how it has any fanbase who looks back on it with any sort of deep fondness or reverence.

Likewise, Uncharted games were progressive in certain ways (mainly related to presentation) but as games they're absolutely terrible.

ND has tremendous talent but makes bad games -- With the exception of TLOU, which was a concept that utilized ND's talents very well. I love TLOU.

Crash felt downright primitive at the time it came out -- If I recall, it launched later in the same year as Mario 64.

In Mario 64 you could explore environments freely in all directions and find all kinds of interesting things to do and fun interactions. Crash was an on rails game with horrendous art design and a stupid looking character. I'm not saying it's impossible to have fun playing it (I was just having fun throwing a rock at a tree a bit ago) but there's nothing interesting or remarkable about it and I simply can't for the life of me understand how it has any fanbase who looks back on it with any sort of deep fondness or reverence.

Likewise, Uncharted games were progressive in certain ways (mainly related to presentation) but as games they're absolutely terrible.

ND has tremendous talent but makes bad games -- With the exception of TLOU, which was a concept that utilized ND's talents very well. I love TLOU.
This is dumb. Just because it's more linear doesn't mean it's bad, and the rest of your complaints are just that you don't like how it looks. Jobbs stop having bad opinions.

EDIT: It's like calling The Last Of Us on rails and bad because it came out however many years after Dead Rising

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The only good Killzone is Mercenary. All the rest range from mediocre to outright awful.

Jobbs

Banned
Maybe one day people will look at Guerrilla Games and reach the same conclusion.

Maybe HZD will be their Last of Us.

HZD is my most anticipated game. I think they've finally been permitted to be creative.

This is dumb. Just because it's more linear doesn't mean it's bad, and the rest of your complaints are just that you don't like how it looks. Jobbs stop having bad opinions.

I can't think of a single positive or stand out thing about CB.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

Do you gals/guys have a list of what games you want to buy this year? Mine looks like this so far:

- Deus Ex
- Mafia 3
- Dishonored 2

FFXV
World of FF
Person 5
Pkmn Sun/Moon

Jobbs

Banned
I used to feel this way as well. Then I played the best game to ever exist: Spelunky

Spelunky is great, The Binding of Isaac is even better! And as has been well documented ITT, Don't Starve is one of my favorite games ever. All are procedural generated games.

The core problem is NMS just doesn't seem to be very fun. I'm probably going to play just a bit more to see if my opinion shifts any though.

Yes we've established you have bad opinions previously :p

It's okay I still luv u ♥

Jobbs

Banned
wait...someone really cares about new FF games?
what a shame

FF15 is the biggest mess ever conceived. I could literally mock it all day.

This next opinion might be a bit less popular, but I don't even like FF7. I pretty much feel like the series left me behind after 6/3.

That's accurate but that has nothing to do with dead rising

First game that was slightly analogous to Jobbs' bad comparison to come to mind. I.e. Super Mario 64:Crash Bandicoot is like Dead Rising:TLoU. Just pointing out how it's such a weird dumb way to try to qualify that the second one is bad.

I used to feel this way as well. Then I played the best game to ever exist: Spelunky

Spelunky is great, The Binding of Isaac is even better! And as has been well documented ITT, Don't Starve is one of my favorite games ever. All are procedural generated games.

The core problem is NMS just doesn't seem to be very fun. I'm probably going to play just a bit more to see if my opinion shifts any though.
Necrodancer is the best Roguelite

I fucking love Necrodancer

Nuclear Throne is also rad as heck

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Of this year so far SUPERHOT, Blood & Wine, DOOM, Dark Souls III, Devil Daggers, Firewatch (up until the dumb revelation), are prolly the games I've enjoyed the most.

I'll add Broforce too because even though I've been playing that since last year I've played a heap this year too. Essential co-op.

Of this year so far SUPERHOT, Blood & Wine, DOOM, Dark Souls III, Devil Daggers, Firewatch (up until the dumb revelation), are prolly the games I've enjoyed the most.

I'll add Broforce too because even though I've been playing that since last year I've played a heap this year too. Essential co-op.
I need to play more Devil Daggers

Did you ever beat my time btw?

XEBM5fX.jpg

Risgroo

- Deus Ex
- Mafia 3
- Dishonored 2

- Battlefield 1
- Deus Ex
- Dishonored 2
- F1 2016

I'm trying to be nice to my wallet this year.

To be fair, Killzone 1 isn't that bad really.

It's just very bland when compared to Halo's universe.
Bruh. Killzone 1 is ASS.

Misha

Banned
First game that was slightly analogous to Jobbs' bad comparison to come to mind. I.e. Super Mario 64:Crash Bandicoot is like Dead Rising:TLoU. Just pointing out how it's such a weird dumb way to try to qualify that the second one is bad.
True I didn't factor in the bad comparison part. A good comparison would be dead island

EatChildren

I have never broken a phone. It bewilders me how some people do so regularly.

The only game I've played this year is Hotline Miami.

That's better than anything actually released this year so far.

Jobbs

Banned
I have never broken a phone. It bewilders me how some people do so regularly.

climbing tree and dropped it. it hit the pavement

the screen got cracks all over it, which honestly I could live with, but it lost all of its touch input capabilities and is therefore useless

EatChildren

climbing tree and dropped it. it hit the pavement

the screen got cracks all over it, which honestly I could live with, but it lost all of its touch input capabilities and is therefore useless

nature triumphs over man once again

Xiao Hu

Oh shit, I want someone to take Hozier's In the Woods Somewhere and turn it into the opening theme of some crime/detective series. The protagonist should be an overly-confident, but still somehow likeable policeman who's at the peak of his career. But his most recent case makes him slowly doubt his own sanity or mental capabilities as he's confronted with things that simply don't make sense (the overall theme should imply supernatural occurrences but it's only the protagonist who notices it hence his doubts).

The opening should be shot in a late autumn forest with the majority of the leafs already fallen down conveying decay and bulding up an oppressive atmosphere as a searching party is roaming the area by night. I would synchronize the non-chorus with shots of the protagonist alone in the woods following a lead and the two chorus parts with a timelaps of a starry night and the last one, which follows a scene where the protagonist finds a person leaning against a tree, with a timelaps of the decomposing body of the aforementioned person.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
My old roommate didn't let me climb trees.
"Rendle, don't lift that cabinet by yourself". "Rendle, don't drink Bicardi from the bottle". "Rendle let us put ice on your hand, why would you do that, what you did isn't funny or impressive". "Rendle those milk crates belong to that business you can't just take them".

He had anxiety issues and could be a pretty big buzzkill.

EatChildren

Ever see a tree and go "I want to see if I can climb that son of a bitch"?

Yeah

This was my backyard growing up.

untitled-14bkkz.jpg

The struggle is real :(

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
The one in the dead center is climbable i wouldn't even need rope i would shimmy up like an islander clinbing a palm tree.

EatChildren

You guys both fucking suck.

Where's an appropriate Emma Roberts gif

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I've watched Aquamarine, The Art of Getting By, It's Kind of a Funny Story, Wild Child, and Scream 4.

I didn't regret watching Scream 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom