• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
My handiwork today:

3aNngDZ.png

Totally useless. Touchscreen is dead.

I've got a history of doing this. Here's one of my old phones:

VkSYwDj.png

I never understand how people aren't more careful with their shit.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Moving apartments? I just moved from one place to another, have no car so carried everything over to the new place box by box. My roommates have done shit all to help, after they moved their things out they left their discarded belongings and dirty walls for me to deal with. Tomorrow is the last day the agency has given us so I have to take tomorrow off in order to finish cleaning, in addition to the last two days I spent cleaning and helping my roommates move their cupboards and tables and shit. Part of me hopes we don't get our bond back I would love to see them get fucked even if it means I get fucked too.

Yup new apartment. Not as much fuckery going on, just a lot of shit to pay for that month (old rent, new rent, security guarantee).

My handiwork today:

3aNngDZ.png

Well fuck. My condolences, happened to me too and it sucks every time.

Jobbs

Banned
Well fuck. My condolences, happened to me too and it sucks every time.

Thanks Mr. Baff :D

It probably speaks to how well things are going generally but I barely give a fuck. Just going to get another one.

Things can be replaced. People can be replaced. Only ____ can't be replaced.

Touchscreens and digitizer are pretty easy to fix.

I don't know how to do it, and I'm paranoid to leave my phone with my entire life on it (and sensitive photos in this case..) with some random tech

Oh fuck I got a response from someone

Shit

I guess I need to listen to the new Moose Blood album so I can continue this conversation I started about the new Moose Blood album

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Thanks Mr. Baff :D

It probably speaks to how well things are going generally but I barely give a fuck. Just going to get another one.

Things can be replaced. People can be replaced. Only ____ can't be replaced.

I don't know how to do it, and I'm paranoid to leave my phone with my entire life on it (and sensitive photos in this case..) with some random tech
Well you never will know how if you don't try. Seriously just some small screwdrivers, pry, heat gun and suction cups is all you need. AND the parts are usually cheap.

I don't think I could just get used to it. I get flashbacks of my dad yelling at me and my head gets fuzzy and voice gets quiet and high. If it's a difficult decision without someone that I have to deal with then I can handle it. Other people with power over me not so much.

I understand you entirely. I've gotten a little better with confrontation (retail will do that for you :p ), but I still get freaked out by arguments.

I...guess I'll put this under spoilers since I don't feel all that comfortable having it out in the open, but comfortable enough to share it, I guess.
My parents fought a lot. Sometimes literally, as in actual fists being thrown. When it happened while I was home, my natural instinct was to run to my bed and pull the blankets over my head and lay in the fetal position. Eventually they split (because how could they not lol), and the rest is too long of a story. The short version is that they became friends shortly before my dad died, but there's a lot more to that story that I don't have the time for now.

Because of all that, I still get freaked out by heated arguments (in-person, btw; I don't give a shit about internet "arguments") and generally try to avoid them as often as possible.

Misha

Banned
I think mine came from my dad's yelling as well. I would just want to go away and cry. That said, from everything you've written I had and have a much more positive relationship with my father than you with yours, so I can totally believe that your conflict-aversion would be much greater than mine.
Hard to say without a really awkward conversation :p
And it's not like there aren't other people in worse situations. A lot of it is person to person
Dating someone the same sex (and build) as you means sharing all your clothes. Why did I never think of this before? :D
Why do you think I'm into girls with similar height and style as me? :p

Jobbs

Banned
Sean Murray (the NMS guy) sounds like the name of some 90s extreme sports person or something. I keep conjuring images of skateboard dudes whenever I hear his name.

Well you never will know how if you don't try. Seriously just some small screwdrivers, pry, heat gun and suction cups is all you need. AND the parts are usually cheap.

Wish I had a trusted friend who knew how to fix shit so I could be the most annoying friend ever

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Looking at Masters programs, think I am gonna apply for ODU for their MSECE program. Might as well do something while I am non deployable.

Oh, how's the NMS soundtrack btw? 65DOS are pretty ok in my book

Also can someone instruct me on what to do next with this girl because this is completely uncharted waters for me now oh god

Misha

Banned
I understand you entirely. I've gotten a little better with confrontation (retail will do that for you :p ), but I still get freaked out by arguments.

I...guess I'll put this under spoilers since I don't feel all that comfortable having it out in the open, but comfortable enough to share it, I guess.
My parents fought a lot. Sometimes literally, as in actual fists being thrown. When it happened while I was home, my natural instinct was to run to my bed and pull the blankets over my head and lay in the fetal position. Eventually they split (because how could they not lol), and the rest is too long of a story. The short version is that they became friends shortly before my dad died, but there's a lot more to that story that I don't have the time for now.

Because of all that, I still get freaked out by heated arguments (in-person, btw; I don't give a shit about internet "arguments") and generally try to avoid them as often as possible.
I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like an awful situation to deal with

Jobbs

Banned
Dating someone the same sex (and build) as you means sharing all your clothes. Why did I never think of this before? :D

My GF's clothes don't fit me at all. :( I'm so gelly

Oh, how's the NMS soundtrack btw? 65DOS are pretty ok in my book

Also can someone instruct me on what to do next with this girl because this is completely uncharted waters for me now oh god

The audio design of NMS is quite good. And what did you say to eachother so far? Find out some stuff about her

The audio design of NMS is good. And what did you say to eachother so far? Find out some stuff about her
I said nice hat and asked if she'd listened to the new Moose Blood album yet

She said thanks and she's not sure what she thinks of it

I am now doing research on Moose Blood because I haven't listened to them in years

FloatOn

I remember being stressed out about talking to people I was attracted to. I would ask myself "what if they don't like me?" and then you kind of realize that if that's the worst that can happen who gives a shit?

so now I just talk to everyone the same whether I'm attracted to them or not. fuck trying to look super great to them. if we hit it off that's fine and if not that's fine too.

it really is no big deal either way.

and chances are people will like you more if you are just yourself anyway. I think people are pretty intuitive about when people are trying to act more impressive than what they actually are.

Why do you think I'm into girls with similar height and style as me? :p

I don't think I knew that, but cool! :)

My GF's clothes don't fit me at all. :( I'm so gelly

Yes but you get mega spooning privileges. It's a compromise.

and chances are people will like you more if you are just yourself anyway. I think people are pretty intuitive about when people are trying to act more impressive than what they actually are.

Well they had better! You can't pretend to be someone else forever, and the longer you go without showing who you actually are the harder it will be to reconcile with the other person when it comes out.

jb1234

I really can't deal with confrontation. Couldn't imagine getting a job where that happens often

I completely shut down. Once in college, I was part of a chamber music group that really didn't get along. For the first few months, it was mostly all passive-aggressive. I got along great with the flutist but the singer was prickly and non-communicative. And worse, she didn't accept constructive-criticism at all, which is death for a chamber musician.

Eventually, things came to a head, a verbal onslaught occurred and the flutist expected me to take her side. I was content just trying to bury my head in the piano and pretend nothing was happening, which pissed her off. Eventually, the teacher had to come in and gave us all a big lecture about how sometimes, "people just don't get along."

God.

Misha

Banned
I don't think I knew that, but cool! :)
I guess I've never really stayed my preferences here.

Usually for girls it's just a bit shorter than me, brunette hair, sorta hipstery. It's a weird combination of (non-sexual) attraction and jealousy that I feel and it feels like it would be more casual and equal

For guys it seems to be a couple inches taller than me, thinnish, kinda young/non masculine looking and my interest is more romantic and somewhat more dependent relationship

Of course I haven't actually put myself out there so i haven't been taking things too seriously

Jobbs

Banned

jb1234

Yikes.

I guess at some point I realized it's better for myself and others to stand up to people when it's called for, fortunately it rarely is

To be fair, I haven't been in a confrontation in years and have no idea how I would handle it now. But even as recently as 2010, I would do everything to avoid one, including dodging the issues that really needed to be dealt with. It's not a good look for me.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
My handiwork today:

3aNngDZ.png

I've got a history of doing this. Here's one of my old phones:

VkSYwDj.png
And that's why I have yet to get a smartphone.

Seriously, even my bother and sister have cracked screens on theirs. You'd think the manufacturers would do more to address this problem, but it's still a prevalent one.

jb1234

What do I want to watch tonight, Zootopia or Deadpool? I have a $5.50 Vudu credit.

(Although annoyingly am stuck with SD because HD costs $5.99.)

Misha

Banned
And that's why I have yet to get a smartphone.

Seriously, even my bother and sister have cracked screens on theirs. You'd think the manufacturers would do more to address this problem, but it's still a prevalent one.
Apple has it in their warrantee that you have to go to them to have it repaired. I doubt it's a "problem" for them

I remember being stressed out about talking to people I was attracted to. I would ask myself "what if they don't like me?" and then you kind of realize that if that's the worst that can happen who gives a shit?

so now I just talk to everyone the same whether I'm attracted to them or not. fuck trying to look super great to them. if we hit it off that's fine and if not that's fine too.

it really is no big deal either way.

I mean, it's less a problem of me worrying that she won't like me and pretending to be someone else because of it (if only because I can't hide my inner idiot), as it is a problem of not knowing the actual logistics of proceeding

I mean, I've asked someone out once in my entire life. And she misunderstood what I was trying to do. So, you know. I don't have the best track record here :p

I guess I've never really stayed my preferences here.

Usually for girls it's just a bit shorter than me, brunette hair, sorta hipstery. It's a weird combination of (non-sexual) attraction and jealousy that I feel and it feels like it would be more casual and equal

For guys it seems to be a couple inches taller than me, thinnish, kinda young/non masculine looking and my interest is more romantic and somewhat more dependent relationship

Of course I haven't actually put myself out there so i haven't been taking things too seriously

I think jealousy over looks is endemic to the female experience as codified by our current culture. As long as something is valuable, it's going to cause others to wish they had it.

Well of course. Who doesn't like that?

What do I want to watch tonight, Zootopia or Deadpool? I have a $5.50 Vudu credit.

They're both fantastic, must-see movies.

Misha

Banned
I think jealousy over looks is endemic to the female experience as codified by our current culture. As long as something is valuable, it's going to cause others to wish they had it.
The weird thing for me is I more recently realized that I've been feeling that for years (both that and the way I deal with guys). Of course it was never actually encouraged but I guess I still picked that up or something.

Also it's jealousy over personality and stuff like that. I have a friend that's so cheerful and likable and everything but I just seem awkward in comparison :p
(And even when she's awkward it's endearing!)

Fluvian

Banned
I mean, it's less a problem of me worrying that she won't like me and pretending to be someone else because of it (if only because I can't hide my inner idiot), as it is a problem of not knowing the actual logistics of proceeding

I mean, I've asked someone out once in my entire life. And she misunderstood what I was trying to do. So, you know. I don't have the best track record here :p

You've only asked one girl out before? well you haven't been through the series of rejections most men go through then, hopefully this girl will say yes, but y'know if she says no...it happens, like my first rejection was when I was 11, but I imagine I'd still be pretty bad as an adult. Just take it as character building and try to learn from it.

FloatOn

I see.

I stand by what I said previously then. Just treat it like you would asking one of your friends to hang out.

Take the pressure off yourself and don't overthink it.

not the furry one

jb1234

I just don't get the appeal of watching cartoons as an adult

There are plenty of great animated movies that adults can appreciate. Are you not a Pixar fan, then? I love their films (more so in their prime than now). I can definitely see your perspective if it's one of those movies which are clearly meant for kids (like the Ice Age films) and feel endless to sit through as an adult.

Jobbs

Banned

I'd take actual cartoons above like how all the superhero movies tend to look during action scenes.

Not long ago I watched When Marnie Was There and it was so much more visually beautiful to look at than most films are

Zootopia is good. I still remember the theater rolling during the sloths thing

FloatOn

There are plenty of great animated movies that adults can appreciate. Are you not a Pixar fan, then? I love their films (more so in their prime than now). I can definitely see your perspective if it's one of those movies which are clearly meant for kids (like the Ice Age films) and feel endless to sit through as an adult.

yeah, that's really the issue, most animated movies are specifically designed for children and I can't relate to that. unless it's anime which in most instances I can't relate to either just for how weird it is.

I did enjoy Iron Giant and The Incredibles though so I guess there are always rare exceptions.

The weird thing for me is I more recently realized that I've been feeling that for years (both that and the way I deal with guys). Of course it was never actually encouraged but I guess I still picked that up or something.

Also it's jealousy over personality and stuff like that. I have a friend that's so cheerful and likable and everything but I just seem awkward in comparison :p
(And even when she's awkward it's endearing!)

Hmm. Likability is a learned experience reinforced by social roles, but why can't you be cheery like her?

Is that because reality exists?

FloatOn

Animation is underutilized imo. There's so much you can do with it that just doesn't work with live action

it's just so off putting to me.

if I'm going to watch a movie or a show for it's story I need to somehow be able to relate to the humanity of it's characters. even if the story is completely fantasy seeing an actual human convey those emotions has way more impact than something that is animated.

Is that because reality exists?

yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom