• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I have three days left to use as much of my bandwidth as possible.

On a completely unrelated note; recommend me movies pretty please.

None for you

large.gif

<3

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
No Man's Sky is the one where you collect rocks and walk around planets collecting rocks and buy new spaceships so you can fly to different planets to find rocks right?

No that's Eve. No Man's Sky is the one where nobody knows what's there to do.

Misha

Banned
called it.

you just go in the ship, travel and walk on a different planet
rinse and repeat

sucks that mine is getting here Thursday , let me play it
I find it weird that people were expecting anything else.
I guess it's just a concept without a wide appeal so people were projecting what they want out of a game on it

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Major props to Hello Games and the dev team though. They pulled off a very difficult concept (algorithmically generated content) and made it beautiful at the same time.

Then Sony came in and strapped a rocket booster to their hype train and blew everything out of proportion. It would have been a great indie title for $15-30.

Jobbs

Banned

If you haven't seen Nightcrawler, duh, see Nightcrawler.

Aside from that, what genre are you looking at? I've found all kinds of gems. There's a fantastic horror movie on Netflix called Starry Eyes that I genuinely enjoyed.

The Man from Nowhere is one of my favorite Korean thrillers and is just a really satisfying revenge flick.

Some more highly recommended movies that randomly sprang to mind:

It Follows
The Guest
You're Next

Major props to Hello Games and the dev team though. They pulled off a very difficult concept (algorithmically generated content) and made it beautiful at the same time.

Then Sony came in and strapped a rocket booster to their hype train and blew everything out of proportion. It would have been a great indie title for $15-30.

It does feel like a $20 game.

Misha

Banned

It's weird that price is tied to marketing more than it is related to quality or quantity. Wonder if that happens much in other industries. I guess to sone extent with stuff like cars where paying more for the brand is a status symbol
So it's like interactive avant-garde art?
It's not very avant-garde.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If you haven't seen Nightcrawler, duh, see Nightcrawler.

Aside from that, what genre are you looking at? I've found all kinds of gems. There's a fantastic horror movie on Netflix called Starry Eyes that I genuinely enjoyed.

The Man from Nowhere is one of my favorite Korean thrillers and is just a really satisfying revenge flick.

Some more highly recommended movies that randomly sprang to mind:

It Follows
The Guest
You're Next

I've seen Nightcrawler and It Follows, and both are excellent, but not the others so thanks for the recommendations.

I'll give almost anything a try. Gems are gems.

Fluvian

Banned

<3
What we do in the shadows
Room
The ninth configuration
I especially recommend that last one if you like the exorcist, it's not a horror movie but it was written and directed by the guy wrote the exorcist and it's got some stuff in common with the exorcist.

Fluvian

Banned
called it.

you just go in the ship, travel and walk on a different planet
rinse and repeat

sucks that mine is getting here Thursday , let me play it

Is it weird that, that actually sounds like something I'd enjoy. No mans sky sounds relaxing and like something I can put a lot of time into, maybe get through some audiobooks while playing.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Is it weird that, that actually sounds like something I'd enjoy. No mans sky sounds relaxing and like something I can put a lot of time into, maybe get through some audiobooks while playing.

It sounds like Minecraft without mining or crafting or fun.

I'm working on a application and I wonder where I need to put that presentation I gave..it would be relevant but do I mention it in the cover letter or later on? doesn't really fit anywhere. maybe I'll make a "misc" category near the end ;p

Fluvian

Banned
It sounds like Minecraft without mining or crafting or fun.

To be fair I rarely had fun in minecraft, minecraft was compulsory for me, I would need to build a house and farm and once I did it I was done for a while before having the need to do it again.
When it comes to NMS I'll just have to wait till friday to see.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Man I wanna play NMS so hard, but I have to put away all money I have for my move next month -.- Sometimes I hate being not rich.

I'm working on a application and I wonder where I need to put that presentation I gave..it would be relevant but do I mention it in the cover letter or later on? doesn't really fit anywhere. maybe I'll make a "misc" category near the end ;p
It's been a while since I last updated my CV but I guess you could have an "Other Relevant Experience" section?

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Man I wanna play NMS so hard, but I have to put away all money I have for my move next month -.- Sometimes I hate being not rich.

Moving apartments? I just moved from one place to another, have no car so carried everything over to the new place box by box. My roommates have done shit all to help, after they moved their things out they left their discarded belongings and dirty walls for me to deal with. Tomorrow is the last day the agency has given us so I have to take tomorrow off in order to finish cleaning, in addition to the last two days I spent cleaning and helping my roommates move their cupboards and tables and shit. Part of me hopes we don't get our bond back I would love to see them get fucked even if it means I get fucked too.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Got nothing to do, so I occupied couch in the living room and I am watching Olympics.

Painkiller time

FloatOn

Found footage is probably my least favorite genre. So boring and lazy

like any genre it can be good or bad. by default it's not one way or the other.

but you are right in a way. most of the time they are boring or lazy. there are exceptions though. for example:

REC 1 + 2
Chronicle
Grave Encounters
Afflicted
Blair Witch
Paranormal Activity
Cloverfield

were all enjoyable

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

but you are right in a way. most of the time they are boring or lazy. there are exceptions though. for example:

REC 1 + 2
Chronicle
Grave Encounters
Afflicted
Blair Witch
Paranormal Activity
Cloverfield

were all enjoyable
REC is the only one of those I enjoyed.

zeemumu

REC 1 + 2
Chronicle
Grave Encounters
Afflicted
Blair Witch
Paranormal Activity
Cloverfield

were all enjoyable

Grave Encounters was better than I was expecting it to be.

Jobbs

Banned
My handiwork today:

3aNngDZ.png

Totally useless. Touchscreen is dead.

I've got a history of doing this. Here's one of my old phones:

VkSYwDj.png

I really can't deal with confrontation. Couldn't imagine getting a job where that happens often

I couldn't, and then I got a job where it happened and I was forced to figure it out and now I'm much better at it. It wasn't pleasant but now it's not a big deal.

Unexpected conflict can still throw me for a loop, or conflict-avoidance-resolution in new contexts— recently:. a friend not pulling their weight during a raid in Destiny; singer in neighbourhood band not playing the arrangement she gave us to play and adamant she is.

Misha

Banned
I couldn't, and then I got a job where it happened and I was forced to figure it out and now I'm much better at it. It wasn't pleasant but now it's not a big deal.

Unexpected conflict can still throw me for a loop, or conflict-avoidance-resolution in new contexts— recently:. a friend not pulling their weight during a raid in Destiny; singer in neighbourhood band not playing the arrangement she gave us to play and adamant she is.
I don't think I could just get used to it. I get flashbacks of my dad yelling at me and my head gets fuzzy and voice gets quiet and high. If it's a difficult decision without someone that I have to deal with then I can handle it. Other people with power over me not so much.

Conflict on the job used to drive me up a wall. Not because I couldn't deal with people, but because I had the bad habit of letting that leave the office with me and would still conduct business when I was off the clock. Fortunately at my current job everyone is super chill.

I made the mistake of having sex before work now I am super paranoid that I smell.
No! Just own it >:)

I don't think I could just get used to it. I get flashbacks of my dad yelling at me and my head gets fuzzy and voice gets quiet and high.

I think mine came from my dad's yelling as well. I would just want to go away and cry. That said, from everything you've written I had and have a much more positive relationship with my father than you with yours, so I can totally believe that your conflict-aversion would be much greater than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom