• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also had poophole ones.

Don't forget Bioshock.

biogoatsemw2.png

Jobbs

Banned
You want an experience? Open the back door of the house and leave it open, then play Alien Isolation at night. It adds to the intensity.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
OG Alien vs Predator is still one of the scariest games of all time. I soiled my underoos so many times during that terrible Christmas I spent wasted by the flu.

The Capcom beat 'em all was also pretty fuggin rad, although for different reasons.

riNnMWP.png

It was surprisingly tense for an action game.

Pau

Any one else in FakeGAF considering going to NYCC? Tickets go on sale in 15 minutes. D: I really want to cosplay and show off my costume. (Need to make it first, of course. :p)

Jobbs

Banned
Any one else in FakeGAF considering going to NYCC? Tickets go on sale in 15 minutes. D: I really want to cosplay and show off my costume. (Need to make it first, of course. :p)

You have to do fan verification first, which is closed (if I'm understanding this correctly)

Who would you cosplay as?

zeemumu

I would've loved to go, but I don't know if I'd have the money to fly to NYC. I've tried going to SDCC before but it always sells out immediately.

MCU Scarlet Witch or M hat Scarlet Witch?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
No I haven't fucked up that badly yet thank god

I mean I got disciplinary paperwork once and it's in my file but it wasn't for anything like, REALLY bad

No I've been a little busy
Hey, I've had a couple run ins with the old man in my time. You recover, lol.
don't get in trouble plz

zeemumu

Like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Xp0bZP0Us

I've often wanted a nicely constructed version of Majora's Mask to hang up on my wall. It's such a great design.

As I've learned from my Keyblade, metal weapons are both heavy and potentially dangerous, so it'd be made out of plastic, wood, or foam.

And yeah, Majora's Mask is my favorite LoZ game and I really like the Majora's Mask design. I decided that if I ever made the mask I may as well go all the way and make the whole costume since the rest is fairly simple to do. That's what happened with my Ash Ketchum costume. It wasn't made for cosplay reasons but I needed a costume for a Halloween Party and I already had the hat so I just had to get fingerless gloves, a black shirt, some jeans, and make the jacket.

Misha

Banned
As I've learned from my Keyblade, metal weapons are both heavy and potentially dangerous, so it'd be made out of plastic, wood, or foam.

I thought about metal weapons and immediately decided thats a bad idea...

not for something that you have to
A carry around
B have around other people
C want to show off

also a lot more dangerous to make

All of the swords in my collection that should be metal are, although I've never gone to a convention with any of those. Just like Halloween and costume parties. (so not Luke and Dooku's lightsabers, the Adventure Time or Minecraft swords)

I think the next costume I want to put together is Alice from Madness Returns, although it's been serious long years since I put together a full costume.

Jobbs

Banned
All of the swords in my collection that should be metal are, although I've never gone to a convention with any of those. Just like Halloween and costume parties. (so not Luke and Dooku's lightsabers, the Adventure Time or Minecraft swords)

I think the next costume I want to put together is Alice from Madness Returns, although it's been serious long years since I put together a full costume.

This game had the most amazing art design and costume design and a well done Alice costume would be baaaaannnkkkkk

Clydefrog

I already beat a game I bought during the Steam summer sale: Max Payne 3. Fun game even though the AI would instantly shoot me when I peeked a corner. Ridiculously short too.

Jobbs

Banned
If you're in to artbooks at all, Alice has an amazing one. I can't recommend it enough. The Dark Souls artbook is another of my favorites.

I have the Dark Souls one! I should get this. I've always been absolutely amazed by the art of this game.

Gameplay wise it's kind of mediocre, but it was worth playing through just to see the various costumes and stuff! It's so great to look at.

Oh, I did like the air hopping mechanics, though, I always thought that was more interesting than a standard double jump. It's actually inspiration for my game having multijump as opposed to double jump.

zeemumu

Doesn't her outfit change depending on the zone that you're in? I remember liking the one in the mad hatter tea zone.

And yeah it's usually suggested that you don't go to a con with a metal weapon because you have to carry it around all day. There are plenty of vendors near here that sell foam and wooden replicas. My Master Sword, batarangs, and Kingdom Key are metal but I don't take them anywhere so it's fine. For anything that I plan to walk around with I'd use a lighter material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom