• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUME5

you can dodge all of that. the sound cues help a lot. he sounds scarier as he hovers longer and hten he makes a screech before he launches at you. with this in mind it's reasonable easy to dash out of the way of it. I was playing sloppy because I was capturing gif

it's just a challenging game to design tough enemies for because the player is so mobile. because of this enemies have to be really fast too.

Does the player have a window of invincibility during the jump spin?

When Jobbs completes work on something, it's called a Matt finish.

I'm groaning.

Also, RedHerringOfDef.

Misha

Banned
I had the one that played ps2 games. Whatever one of those that had the most memory. So it really sucked when it died.

Timu

I just never got around to upgrading it because I mainly played the 360...which I bought 3-4 of over the generation.
Ha, ha, wow, just like me, I went through 3 360s and now has a 4th one that works...but freezes randomly.

Same. I actually had a 360 RROD on me at the demo station in a GameStop one time.

I wanted to make my gamertag RedHerringOfDeath but it's two characters too long.
That would had been an awesome name and an accurate one to describe the 360, lol.

Misha

Banned
Why doesn't overwatch have a tug of war map? Like put the payload in the middle and both teams can push it. They already have king of the hill so it would make sense

Timu

I had the one that played ps2 games. Whatever one of those that had the most memory. So it really sucked when it died.
Yeah that has to suck, I mean, it's PS2 BC, you can't get better than that! Wish Sony still had made more models of BC PS3s.

BTW the PS2 is a frustrating console for me to do capture game footage from!

Jobbs

Banned
When Jobbs completes work on something, it's called a Matt finish.

Why is his name Roper if he doesn't make ropes? Is he the descendant of someone who made ropes? Does he or did his ancestors rope people? I want a full Roper report. Time for some news.

I'll admit to taking way too long to get your little pun there. (I'm fried) I'm glad I gave you this opportunity.

He was a member of your original crew in the backstory of the game. "Security Officer Roper". Clearly something has altered him though.
screamy.gif

Does the player have a window of invincibility during the jump spin?

No, but the dash frames are invincible. This is a big part of why any enemy that is hard has to be so aggressive in order to be hard

Oddly the fights can also be a lot about resource management. You have a bar that doubles as a stamina and armor bar. It's always slowly recharging. Dashing uses it, taking damage uses it.. And if you have more than a certain amount of armor you can always absorb a hit without dying even if you have 1 hp.

Ammo also has to be managed and come back, so sometimes the fights have an ebb and flow as you make an attack run and then retreat and keep your distance while your stuff comes back.

Timu

Why doesn't overwatch have a tug of war map? Like put the payload in the middle and both teams can push it. They already have king of the hill so it would make sense
Beats me, that would be pretty cool. I can see that being an extra mode in the future.

A better question is why haven't I bought it yet even though I said I was going to!!!

Misha

Banned
Yeah that has to suck, I mean, it's PS2 BC, you can't get better than that! Wish Sony still had made more models of BC PS3s.

BTW the PS2 is a frustrating console for me to do capture game footage from!

apparently the chip or w/e that gave you backwards compatibility was the reason for the issues in the early console. Would overheat or something and boom orange light

I'm groaning.

Also, RedHerringOfDef.

No, that's too far removed. It sounds more like deaf, especially with the existence of Deftones and similar. Maybe RedHerringODeth, but it still feels like too much of a compromise.

Damn that youtube purge, just lost 12 subs, now getting to 500 subs will take longer!

That would had been an awesome name and an accurate one to describe the 360, lol.

I intermittently sub to so many people. I feel bad about it, but on the other hand it clutters up my sub feed if they're going through a phase of videos I'm not interested in.

Have you linked your YouTube page before? I'll give it a try. :)

Oh also (and I don't know whether you figured this out already) Jobbs and I keep fucking with you for no good reason. He's not the girl from that one picture, he's the guy from several different pictures he's shown. Sorry for deceiving you before, but I decided it was about tim u knew the truth.

I'll admit to taking way too long to get your little pun there. (I'm fried) I'm glad I gave you this opportunity.

He was a member of your original crew in the backstory of the game. "Security Officer Roper". Clearly something has altered him though.
screamy.gif

Security Officer Roper needs to eat a Snickers.

Jobbs

Banned
The jig's already up. He saw when I posted my blue nails pictures. I didn't know he was there or else I probably wouldn't have posted. hahahah

FUME5

God damn it, Tinder girl is talking about zombie apocalypse plans and I just can't figure out if I find her attractive enough.

God damn it, Tinder girl is talking about zombie apocalypse plans and I just can't figure out if I find her attractive enough.

Profess your undying love for her.

The jig's already up. He saw when I posted my blue nails pictures. I didn't know he was there or else I probably wouldn't have posted. hahahah

oh haha. I mean there's been ample evidence this whole time, but yeah.

Timu

apparently the chip or w/e that gave you backwards compatibility was the reason for the issues in the early console. Would overheat or something and boom orange light
I had no idea, that explains the OLOD perfectly. It still sucks though and I wish there was a way they could get past that for later PS3s, but you can't win it all I guess.

I intermittently sub to so many people. I feel bad about it, but on the other hand it clutters up my sub feed if they're going through a phase of videos I'm not interested in.

Have you linked your YouTube page before? I'll give it a try. :)

Oh also (and I don't know whether you figured this out already) Jobbs and I keep fucking with you for no good reason. He's not the girl from that one picture, he's the guy from several different pictures he's shown. Sorry for deceiving you before, but I decided it was about tim u knew the truth.
I see what you mean, but I tend to sub to those who I know I'll definitely watch vids from. That reminds me I need to fix my sub box as well.

Yeah I should had known since it's Jobbs after all, not to mention I watched his gameplay vids of Ghost Song and he commentated on them so that happens too.

I haven't linked my channel here yet, but I mainly do gaming vids and actually have variety as well. Like I do different modes or different goals in games, some random type vids and I really need to work on more movie and tv topics. I won't talk about music though!

You're speaking gibberish but I googled just enough to see it's harry potter stuff

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's not gibberish, it's gobbledegook.

I've done the audiobooks twice, actual books four or five times, and the movies countless times. I'm wearing platform 9¾ socks right now. I was president of the Harry Potter club in college. It would be hard to overstate my infatuation with the series.

I got thunderbird.

How do you feel about that? I don't think I've had enough time with any of the new houses to really appreciate them yet.

Jobbs

Banned
It's not gibberish, it's gobbledegook.

I've done the audiobooks twice, actual books four or five times, and the movies countless times. I'm wearing platform 9¾ socks right now. I was president of the Harry Potter club in college. It would be hard to understate my infatuation with the series.

Haha. I have nothing against it I'm just dicking around.

I'm laying in couch exhausted yet unable to sleep. Too much coffee I guess.

Misha

Banned
How do you feel about that? I don't think I've had enough time with any of the new houses to really appreciate them yet.

Seems cool. Its based on your soul. Kinda seems like the alternative to Gryffindor but I like what I've read better

They houses seem more balanced this time. You can definitely make parallels with Hogwarts houses but none seem inherently better than others. Glad cause that was one mistake Rowling made for the last series

Haha. I have nothing against it I'm just dicking around laying in couch exhausted yet unable to sleep. Too much coffee I guess.

No, I feel you. I finished all the art I wanted to get done today, but it's too early to go to bed and too late to start BvS:UC. I'll probably just boot up Witcher again.

Seems cool. Its based on your soul. Kinda seems like the alternative to Gryffindor but I like what I've read better

Nice! Though I've never been sorted into Gryffindor as far as I can recall.

I like the horned serpent because it's like half Slytherin, half Ravenclaw.

Misha

Banned
Nice! Though I've never been sorted into Gryffindor as far as I can recall.

I like the horned serpent because it's like half Slytherin, half Ravenclaw.

Me neither and I'm glad for it cause I didn't like Gryffindor. Ive always been ravenclaw.

I'd definitely like to read more on them.

Seems every article I read completely disagrees on which fits with what Hogwarts house. Only consensus is pukwudgie:hufflepuff
The fuck are those names? 'Pukwudgie' and 'Wampus'...NA wizards are lame confirmed

They're named after mythical beasts.

Also the original houses and Hogwarts name in general are ridiculous. You're just used to them

FUME5

Profess your undying love for her.

You'll make a great Dad one day.

is she joking?

I'd follow up on this just to sate my curiosity if nothing else

Of course she is, unlike Lucian I don't date conspiracy theorists or doomsday preppers.

And even if it was my policy to send dick pics, she's only 5'1, no point scaring her off just yet. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i fucking hate zombies

erase her

I don't know that position.

It's so weird that people support it at all though. Governments don't need a reason to rob you of your freedom, they always have that power. And you would just add torture to that ability? So basically telling them 'please torture me at some point' ? How does that make sense?

well, anyway, if anyone is interested in a WhereAreMyDragonz style 'review' of Independence Day 2, this post is my style at that. It's not very good.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It's so weird that people support it at all though. Governments don't need a reason to rob you of your freedom, they always have that power. And you would just add torture to that ability? So basically telling them 'please torture me at some point' ? How does that make sense?

well, anyway, if anyone is interested in a WhereAreMyDragonz style 'review' of Independence Day 2, this post is my style at that. It's not very good.
Torture doesn't work. It's not an effective method to extract reliable and actionable information.

People supporting it do so because they are influenced by garbage like 24 or just want their pound of flesh taken from people they despise.

I'm returning to non fiction with this after I finish The Terror

pPDINXM.jpg

Misha

Banned
Torture doesn't work. It's not an effective method to extract reliable and actionable information.

People supporting it do so because they are influenced by garbage like 24 or just want their pound of flesh taken from people they despise.

So many people think physical punishment is good for raising kids too. All it does is make you try to find a way to make it stop. It teaches you that what you did wrong was getting caught. I learned how to lie because of punishment.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
You'll make a great Dad one day.

Of course she is, unlike Lucian I don't date conspiracy theorists or doomsday preppers.

And even if it was my policy to send dick pics, she's only 5'1, no point scaring her off just yet. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 date, man. 1!
We're not gonna turn into a couple. I cant deal with that crap.

Also I just bought an xbone. Pray for me.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I have a strong policy against asking anyone out at their place of employment unless already in good terms.

Girlfriend was a waiter for a while. It gets tiresome AF.

How much rapport do I have to have before I ask her out? Also how does one develop rapport

Torture sounds a lot like Tinder

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Fair enough, feel free to add me, you know what the Gamertag is.

EDIT

All consoles have a good argument as to why you should own them Misha.

Once I pick it up tomorrow and get everything set up, sure.

Also wtf is your gamertag? I'm presuming gaf name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom