• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Same except no new console either 😭
Aww
highschool-friend-just-got-married-we-just-bought-a-house-2427095.png
Pretty much my life.
They have obligations, we have playstations.
Eyy
Sausage sizzle?
Heathen
Babies are awful I'm never reproducing
I like babies enough. Just as long as they're not mine and I don't have to grow it.

zeemumu

Aww

Pretty much my life.

Eyy

Those are my friends too. As soon as they have kids they seem to fade off into obscurity so having kids at my age doesn't look too appealing for the time being. The best people are the ones who can get into relationships and/or have kids and don't drop off the face of the earth or get fused into a single being that can't function properly without the other person.

jb1234

Those are my friends too. As soon as they have kids they seem to fade off into obscurity so having kids at my age doesn't look too appealing for the time being. The best people are the ones who can get into relationships and/or have kids and don't drop off the face of the earth or get fused into a single being that can't function properly without the other person.

I fucking hate people like that. It honestly makes me wary of relationships, seeing what it often does to people and how they suddenly consider their friends second-class citizens.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

zeemumu

I fucking hate people like that. It honestly makes me wary of relationships, seeing what it often does to people and how they suddenly consider their friends second-class citizens.

Yeah, it'd be fantastic if finding someone special in your life didn't cause you to put everyone else on the backburners, but at the same time, that's most people. When you find someone that special to you, you want to spend every moment with them. Most people don't consciously abandon their friends. It's just something that happens in the process. I don't like it and I'll try not to be like that if (or when...gotta stay positive) I find someone, but I get it.

I like the prequels fine and I prefer Amazing Spiderman to Raimi Spiderman. I have bad taste in movies.

I haven't caught up to GoT but Cersei's new haircut is totally a "let me speak to the manager" haircut

yeah, I don't get why the GoT producers aren't letting Cersei and Jaime grow their hair back out. There are valid reasons for the hair having been sheared in the first place, but it's unfortunate that they're keeping it short.

Yeah, it'd be fantastic if finding someone special in your life didn't cause you to put everyone else on the backburners, but at the same time, that's most people. When you find someone that special to you, you want to spend every moment with them. Most people don't consciously abandon their friends. It's just something that happens in the process. I don't like it and I'll try not to be like that if (or when...gotta stay positive) I find someone, but I get it.

I mean it's just basic arithmetic. Having alone time with someone means sacrificing time with others. If all my time with Justin was also spent with other people, then I don't think we'd have a very close relationship.

As with most things, I think a balance is healthiest.

Axiom Verge is giving me life. Thats all.

Yo, I wish I was better at this game. The boss fights keep screwing me over, and the stage design gets kind of spammy towards the end. But it's a great game.

zeemumu

Wait no I was supposed to go see The Purge at 5, not 4.

I mean it's just basic arithmetic. Having alone time with someone means sacrificing time with others. If all my time with Justin was also spent with other people, then I don't think we'd have a very close relationship.

Yeah but even things that wouldn't consume time get dropped. And if it is just gonna be a time factor, go 60/40%, not 80/20%

Yeah but the situation isnt the same for everyone. Having kids, on average, is a massive drain on your time and life.

If you dont have kids and do that, no comment.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I like the prequels fine and I prefer Amazing Spiderman to Raimi Spiderman. I have bad taste in movies.

Yo, I wish I was better at this game. The boss fights keep screwing me over, and the stage design gets kind of spammy towards the end. But it's a great game.

Agree with Amazing Spiderman and as for Axiom Verge Im 3 bosses in so I have yet to have a hard challenge which I bet will come later.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Sarah Shahi speaks to me in ways my male physique can barely comprehend.

She's also the spitting image of my best friend's sister. Sarah is half Iranian half Spanish and my friend is half Syrian and half Spanish. Dare I say, it's a good fucking mix.

PHRASING

Jobbs

Banned
I try to give people room to like whatever they want and never is it more difficult than when someone says they like the prequels

I'm kinda waiting to find out if I have a date tonight

stop ruining things by making them anime

I'm going to see Swiss Army Man tonight

That looks like a "I'll probably Netflix it eventually" movie

I try to give people room to like whatever they want and never is it more difficult than when someone says they like the prequels

I'm kinda waiting to find out if I have a date tonight

I assume it's one of those "you had to be a kid when they came out" things, like how people think Ghostbusters is a good movie. So since Erica was a child when those movies came out, you probably shouldn't shit on them in front of her.

Jobbs

Banned
Sarah Shahi speaks to me in ways my male physique can barely comprehend.

She's also the spitting image of my best friend's sister. Sarah is half Iranian half Spanish and my friend is half Syrian and half Spanish. Dare I say, it's a good fucking mix.

PHRASING

I remember her from something. I think The L Word. She's beautiful.

I assume it's one of those "you had to be a kid when they came out" things, like how people think Ghostbusters is a good movie. So since Erica was a child when those movies came out, you probably shouldn't shit on them in front of her.

I'm giving you room to like it, Lili, I just said that it's difficult. I'm doing a difficult thing.

I could go on and on about it but suffice it to say there's a certain language to cinema that is completely lost on these passionless films

and LOL at the Erica thing. I don't generally shit on anything, especially on dates. I stay positive and fun

jb1234

That's how it should be. People sometimes forget in the throes of love that statistically speaking, romantic relationships tend to have an expiration date and if you neglect your close friends during one, you'll have no one after the break up.

One of my best friends recently started a relationship and it hasn't greatly affected our friendship since he's very aware of the need for balance and I get an hour (or even longer) phone call every week. If someone matters to you, you make time.

That's how it should be. People sometimes forget in the throes of love that statistically speaking, romantic relationships tend to have an expiration date and if you neglect your close friends during one, you'll have no one after the break up.

One of my best friends recently started a relationship and it hasn't greatly affected our friendship since he's very aware of the need for balance and I get an hour (or even longer) phone call every week. If someone matters to you, you make time.

Well it's not even just maintaining a friendship for after your romance fails, because I still enjoy hanging out with my regular friends. It's just that there's only so much time in a day.

Same reason I still haven't finished The Witcher, and I only have about ten hours in Stellaris.

Although I will admit to one imbalance at least. My boyfriend spends way more time with me and my friends than I do with him and his friends. I haven't decided if that's something I should try to change or not.

haha I already have big eyes IRL. Now I look like an alien.

Jobbs

Banned
Do peoples actual eyeball size fluxuate or are they unfiorm? I've seriously wondered this.

Clearly some have the appearance of different sizes but that seems more likely to do with the shape and size of the face and how the eyelids are shaped

It puts her more in line with her male children's haircut. Both Joffrey and Tommen have the same type of haircut.

Also, it really suits Headley.

hey there was actually a scene from behind where I thought she was Tommen.

"really suits Headey" just means that she has a nice face that's attractive enough to make anything work. This is what would happen if she'd just grow it out a bit:

Do peoples actual eyeball size fluxuate or are they unfiorm? I've seriously wondered this.

Clearly some have the appearance of different sizes but that seems more likely to do with the shape and size of the face and how the eyelids are shaped

I think so. Why wouldn't they? Everything else is variable. Big noses, big mouths, big ears, big forehead, big hands, big head, big forearms, big et cetera.

zeemumu

It puts her more in line with her male children's haircut. Both Joffrey and Tommen have the same type of haircut.

Also, it really suits Headley.

Maybe it's supporting the secret implication that Cersei actually wants to become Jaime, and that's actually why she sleeps with him and why a good chunk of her dresses have armor on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom