• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: George Washington Fraley
Company: K
Unit: 5 Kentucky Mounted Infantry.
Rank - Induction: Private
Rank - Discharge: Private
Allegiance: Confederate
Name: George Washington Fraley ,
Enlistment Date: 25 December 1861
Distinguished Service: DISTINGUISHED SERVICE
Side Served: Confederacy
State Served: Kentucky
Unit Numbers: 1899 1899
Service Record: Enlisted as a Private on 25 December 1861
Enlisted in Company K, 5th Infantry Regiment Kentucky on 25 December 1861.
Discharged Company K, 5th Infantry Regiment Kentucky on 20 October 1862
American Civil War Regiments Record
Regiment: 5th Infantry Regiment KY
Date Mustered: 06 May 1865

T R A S H

Clivefrog

Neo Member
a peace offering

UVmmuy3.jpg

Man, you need to walk her through it at some point.

Your mom seems really cool. But she seems less and less bi friendly.

I don't think she's gonna get it until I come home with a girl

She's really cool; like she's been supportive of every decision I've ever made, but it's the little things she nitpicks on and has been really critical of me as a whole for as long as I can remember. She wants me to succeed and will give me shit every time I do something wrong, which makes me feel awful and is why I'm so hard on myself. But then again it's like...I know she just wants the best for me, and is trying to help me in the best way she knows how, but it does more harm than good. I live on the other side of the god damn country now and I still feel under her shadow.

She loves me unconditionally and I know that. But I think it's hard for her to let go of me, now that I'm an adult and can make my own choices.

And I don't get it, like my uncle is gay as fuck and she had no problems acknowledging his sexuality. I just feel like she's avoiding mine.

Halcyon

Happy Sunday friends. What have I missed. Oo some Borderlands stuff. Oh some t r a s h. Ooooooo butt play. Ah some GAF on GAF action.

I should stay up at night with you folks. It looks more fun.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I don't think she's gonna get it until I come home with a girl

She's really cool; like she's been supportive of every decision I've ever made, but it's the little things she nitpicks on and has been really critical of me as a whole for as long as I can remember. She wants me to succeed and will give me shit every time I do something wrong, which makes me feel awful and is why I'm so hard on myself. But then again it's like...I know she just wants the best for me, and is trying to help me in the best way she knows how, but it does more harm than good. I live on the other side of the god damn country now and I still feel under her shadow.

She loves me unconditionally and I know that. But I think it's hard for her to let go of me, now that I'm an adult and can make my own choices.

And I don't get it, like my uncle is gay as fuck and she had no problems acknowledging his sexuality. I just feel like she's avoiding mine.

I'm sure she means well, have tried talking to her and explaining what she is doing to you? How it makes you feel?

When I got knocked up, my mom shit on me left and fucking right, it got to the point we barely talked. Then we just had it out one day and cleared things up.

I'm sure she means well, have tried talking to her and explaining what she is doing to you? How it makes you feel?

When I got knocked up, my mom shit on me left and fucking right, it got to the point we barely talked. Then we just had it out one day and cleared things up.

Yeah

When I was seeing a therapist we talked about it, why I was so hard on myself and why I wasn't comfortable with who I was, and she made me realize that my mother's criticism of me throughout my life created a bad habit of self-hate.

You have to understand, I was very awkward as a child. I was a girl who liked games, and I never fit in anywhere. The girls wanted nothing to do with me because I was a tomboy and the boys wanted nothing to do with me because I was a girl. So I grew up only having like a handful of close friends and mostly just played video games and read in my spare time. She would say things like "why don't people like you? you should be like x person, they're doing [insert activity here]." When I was a teen and got really bad acne, she would tell me all the fucking time how awful it looked, and how chubby I was getting, and how boys wouldn't like me if I wasn't a certain way.

Long story short I basically told her that a lifetime of her telling me I was never good enough attributed to low self esteem. She threw it back in my face with "That's not true, I never did that to you. You did it to yourself, we tried to help you" and "I hope you have a daughter as difficult as you someday, that way you'll understand." Like, she never knew how to handle me liking games and action figures and comics and shit. She wanted me to be into clothes and dresses and going to prom. That conversation ended with me telling her to go fuck herself and we haven't discussed it since.

So I like...just stopped trying to explain.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Yeah

When I was seeing a therapist we talked about it, why I was so hard on myself and why I wasn't comfortable with who I was, and she made me realize that my mother's criticism of me throughout my life created a bad habit of self-hate.

You have to understand, I was very awkward as a child. I was a girl who liked games, and I never fit in anywhere. The girls wanted nothing to do with me because I was a tomboy and the boys wanted nothing to do with me because I was a girl. So I grew up only having like a handful of close friends and mostly just played video games and read in my spare time. She would say things like "why don't people like you? you should be like x person, they're doing [insert activity here]." When I was a teen and got really bad acne, she would tell me all the fucking time how awful it looked, and how chubby I was getting, and how boys wouldn't like me if I wasn't a certain way.

Long story short I basically told her that a lifetime of her telling me I was never good enough attributed to low self esteem. She threw it back in my face with "That's not true, I never did that to you. You did it to yourself, we tried to help you" and "I hope you have a daughter as difficult as you someday, that way you'll understeand." Like, she never knew how to handle me liking games and action figures and comics and shit. She wanted me to be into clothes and dresses and going to prom. That conversation ended with me telling her to go fuck herself and we haven't discussed it since.

So I like...just stopped trying to explain.

Jesus you sound like me, lol, I just want to give you a bigass hug. Tht's awful. Yeah, if she can't honestly look at herself then you really don't need that negativity. Bury yourself in some Venga boys or something.

Jesus you sound like me, lol, I just want to give you a bigass hug. Tht's awful. Yeah, if she can't honestly look at herself then you really don't need that negativity. Bury yourself in some Venga boys or something.

It's just like...sometimes she was really cool about it. One of my fondest memories was when Kingdom Hearts came out (the first one) and I was so excited for it, and my mom knew how psyched I was.

So the day it came out, I came home from school not really thinking anything of it and she goes totally out of the blue, "Hey, let's go get Kingdom Hearts, McDonald's for dinner?" And I was so fucking happy I can't even begin to describe it. She, my brother, and me sat around playing it until bedtime and honestly I'm a little emotional thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom