• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez. You got hit by a car? Thank goodness that didn't go far worse. How's the bike?

And it's just the one nurse still! I met her at OSU hospital , I was there visiting a friend. We had a lot of fun talking to the cute nurse who was doing the rounds and then when she got off work we hung out

The bike is mostly fine. It's making a noise it's not supposed to but I rode it another mile (in severe pain) after the accident. If I have to get a new bike or get it fixed that's fine... I'm just glad I didn't break any bones.

I hope things keep working out for you and the nurse! Does she have to keep really odd/long hours? Might be a perfect fit! ;)

Exactly. There is a reason why we fought for this right for centuries. People not voting/participating in the political process are a big factor in the modern decline of democracies into oligarchies.

I think you have to take a healthy accounting for population growth. Consider, for example, that in 1900 the population in the USA was less than a quarter of what it is now. That means their votes were (roughly) four times more powerful back then! I don't even like voting for pizza toppings when there are six or more in the party, much less when there are dozens or more. I just figure enough people will vote pepperoni and I'll have something decent I can roll with.

Xiao Hu

I think you have to take a healthy accounting for population growth. Consider, for example, that in 1900 the population in the USA was less than a quarter of what it is now. That means their votes were (roughly) four times more powerful back then! I don't even like voting for pizza toppings when there are six or more in the party, much less when there are dozens or more. I just figure enough people will vote pepperoni and I'll have something decent I can roll with.

I understand what you mean. Still, based on my experience in Europa/Germany not participating in elections can lead to the rise of power of (far right) extremist miscreants. I'm also more in favor of voting dir policies instead of politicians/parties which is hard in practice for countries the size bigger than the Switzerland.

Nice! How'd you meet this other nurse?

I met a nice nurse today. I was only in contact with her for half a minute though. Some evil person ran into me on my bike with his junky car, then sped away as fast as he could before I could get back up off the road.

Glad you're ok, that could've gone bad. A couple of years ago my friend hit a van while on his bike and broke his neck

I mean it was a parked van

And he was drunk

But still

He's fine now

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Managed to get new glasses for 300 € and they will do sunglasses with same dioptry for the same amount of money. A bit of chatting with boss and I got 25% discount as regular customer.

The bike is mostly fine. It's making a noise it's not supposed to but I rode it another mile (in severe pain) after the accident. If I have to get a new bike or get it fixed that's fine... I'm just glad I didn't break any bones.

No matter what it is the most important thing that you are fine. Meetings between cars and bikes often end with quite nasty injuries.

Off to work, apparently another inspection is underway, this time on my section (drinks and alcohol), fun times ahead

Jobbs

Banned
Hit and run is surprisingly common. Most people are just cunts when put into a situation where they can reveal hemselves.

A couple years ago I came across a girl sitting in the street, dazed, and I wasn't sure if she was drunk or had been attacked or what.. Turns out she had been hit by a car who sped away right after.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

My point of view relates to the benefits that we enjoy as citizens. Your taxes pay for your safety, healthcare, education and infrastructure, but you only benefit from those because of the policies behind them. Policies shaped by elected officials. So go out and do your part, even if that means dropping a blank or null ballot to show your dislike towards the current system.

I've been voting to joke parties for the longest time because I hated the fuck out of Spain's duocratic regime and I wanted to help in creating a void big enough to ensure a fragile government, which in turn would force politicians to do something in order to ensure their positions -call me an activist voter if you like-. It turns out that this disaffection was shared by millions, and now we have new parties and ideas popping left and right.

Staying at home gets you nothing but bad governance.

FUME5

There's plenty of issues with our political system, but I have no issue with the fact that once you register to vote you have to vote in your state and federal elections.

My point of view relates to the benefits that we enjoy as citizens. Your taxes pay for your safety, healthcare, education and infrastructure, but you only benefit from those because of the policies behind them. Policies shaped by elected officials. So go out and do your part, even if that means dropping a blank or null ballot to show your dislike towards the current system.

I've been voting to joke parties for the longest time because I hated the fuck out of Spain's duocratic regime and I wanted to help in creating a void big enough to ensure a fragile government, which in turn would force politicians to do something in order to ensure their positions -call me an activist voter if you like-. It turns out that this disaffection was shared by millions, and now we have new parties and ideas popping left and right.

Staying at home gets you nothing but bad governance.

Everytime I switch onto the 24hr tvE news channel I keep thinking "what the fuck is happening over there?"

Also, I just remembered I totally forgot to send my vote paper over. Shit.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
My girlfriend left a ration of homemade funghi and chicken risotto before going to work.

bHkRdlO.gif

I'm not worthy.

Like...shit. I haven't eaten since 5pm yesterday and it's probably gonna be another three hours before I can eat
Not that it's going to be of any help rn, but try to pack some Quest bars. They are pretty filling and have just a few carbs. I always carry a couple of them in my laptop bag whenever I need to travel. The Apple Pie ones are fantastic.

My oldest brother and I are the only two family members that I know of that have gotten hit by a car and not get killed by it.

In my case, I only got bloody rose rash on both elbows and my knees and maybe a concussion (which could explain why I have such fuzzy memories of the incident.)

PROTIP: If you get hit by a car, never get up because you could already make bad injuries so much worse, if you're not already dead or unconscious.

4, 11 and 15! For different reasons

4 - scope of environment

11 - npc interactions!

15 - combat, this looks the best still representation of combat while looking exciting

Plus the added benefit of showing 3 separate locations setting readers expectations of the range of areas.

Good luck man!

You know what makes my nuts ache the most?

When newscasts report on shit that happens on the internet.

Your old white people computer illerate assholes are showing.

4, 11 and 15! For different reasons

4 - scope of environment

11 - npc interactions!

15 - combat, this looks the best still representation of combat while looking exciting

Plus the added benefit of showing 3 separate locations setting readers expectations of the range of areas.

Good luck man!

Hot damn good eye feng

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom