• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I have to redownload shit for 46 games I have installed due to whatever the fuck happened with Steam earlier.

A mess.
This is what portables and consoles are for.

Or, you know, real life. But who does that anymore.

Halcyon

I've never used steam. The last PC game I played was Trench Wars.

Trench%20Wars.jpg

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What was the backstory behind that Jobbs?
It's really nicely drawn, but the storyline is just a bunch of questions.

Jobbs

Banned
What was the backstory behind that Jobbs?
It's really nicely drawn, but the storyline is just a bunch of questions.

oh the title screen was page 10.. it opene dwith some ridiculous intro.

it's... er, it's honestly hard to explain the story, which I guess is the mark of a good story. it's about reconstruction of society long after a global event and in particular a little town in texas that thrives on some mysterious algae that powers everything and has all kinds of curious powers and properties

Misha

Banned
theres a severe lack of cyberpunk in modern movies. well not just cyberpunk, i really dislike the general angle they take with sci fi. a lot of it is crappy set design and when they have cool ones, its like the characters run away from it. that actually might just be a problem with movies in general though.

have a scene in the seedy underbelly of the city?
apparently you make it look really cool then go to some bland building inside somewhere and do a fight there and then just leave. I'd rather see how people out and about interact and take time to see the general culture/technology/etc of the area.

Granadier

oh the title screen was page 10.. it opene dwith some ridiculous intro.

it's... er, it's honestly hard to explain the story, which I guess is the mark of a good story. it's about reconstruction of society long after a global event and in particular a little town in texas that thrives on some mysterious algae that powers everything and has all kinds of curious powers and properties

Neato. If you continue it in the future I would definitely continue reading. Had that hook of curiosity to it where I wanted to figure out what was going on.

---

RE: cyberpunk.
Agreed that there is a lack of it. Ghost in the Shell looks to be coming out in 2017. If Cyberpunk 2077 comes out that year instead of 2018 or 2019 it will be a damn good year for Cyberpunk.
Cyberpunk.

Halcyon

If I have to watch another Matrix movie because of this cyberpunk nonsense returning I hold you all accountable and you owe me a toe.

Misha

Banned
If I have to watch another Matrix movie because of this cyberpunk nonsense returning I hold you all accountable and you owe me a toe.

if people make another matrix, they're missing the mark (at least from what I've seen in the movies, the animatrix might be better at the genre)

Granadier

If they make another Matrix movie it will be straight to DVD and you won't have to worry about it.

Halcyon

if people make another matrix, they're missing the mark (at least from what I've seen in the movies, the animatrix might be better at the genre)

Are you suggesting machines should make another Matrix movie. Are you the Architect. Whoa.

FloatOn

:: catches up on thread ::

I think I'll reserve judgment on how the Ghost in the Shell movie is until after I see it.

I can understand why people would be upset over the casting but I thought batfleck was going to suck and we can all agree he was the best part of BvS.

Misha

Banned
I didn't take any drugs after my wisdom teeth were out cause I am #tough.

did get put under though, thank god. just slept when i got home till it completely wore off then watched a bunch of movies and slept some more

Jobbs

Banned
I didn't take any drugs after my wisdom teeth were out cause I am #tough.

did get put under though, thank god. just slept when i got home till it completely wore off then watched a bunch of movies and slept some more

I had non stop fucking drugs when I had my gallbladder out

I was so happy

wish I could have it removed again...

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I have to wonder if American doctors are opioid happy for some reason that evades me. I've hurt myself plenty of times and had two wisdom teeth removed, yet I've always been given some paracetamol. Only once I was told to take codein, and it was for a very short period of time and a relatively small amount of it.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
When I went to dental clinic for wisdom tooth extraction, they had some students from medical college there on practice. The point is that they overdosed me on local anesthesia and I cannot even remember that day.

Jobbs

Banned
I have to wonder if American doctors are opioid happy for some reason that evades me. I've hurt myself plenty of times and had two wisdom teeth removed, yet I've always been given some paracetamol. Only once I was told to take codein, and it was for a very short period of time and a relatively small amount of it.

for me there seems to be no negative effect. I was on it heavily for my gallbladder surgery and didn't become reliant on it or anything. Had it again for a tooth thing later and no problems. It's like a fun treat + serves a practical purpose. What's not to like?

zeemumu

When I went to dental clinic for wisdom tooth extraction, they had some students from medical college there on practice. The point is that they overdosed me on local anesthesia and I cannot even remember that day.

Shouldn't that have done more than wipe your memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom