• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risgroo

If toilets could talk, what would yours say?

CtLrJ4j.png

Jobbs

Banned
Hey Fakers, 10 Cloverfield Lane is a really good movie.

I saw it. John Goodman's character was very effective because he, er, is John Goodman. All of his heavy breathing and general lack of health made him super uncomfortable on screen, which worked for the role. Also Mary Elizabeth Winstead, be still my heart.

I thought that Howard had killed Brittany and, his daughter, Megan, was off with the mother.

If you notice though when Michelle sees the help message written on the glass -- Well, you can't notice this while watching -- But the song in the OST that plays during this part is entitled "Message from Megan".

Huh?

FloatOn

Just watched the first episode of daredevil season 2

Pretty good so far!

Punisher gave me the terminator from terminator 1 vibes

Jobbs

Banned
I am using Sony Vue now. I think it's time to finally cut the cord.

Put on Adult Swim and Metalocalypse was on. This is a show I used to like or at least tolerate, now I find it intolerable. I am getting old.

marrec

Banned
John Goodman is god, his performance was amazing in that movie

Really great movie

I saw it. John Goodman's character was very effective because he, er, is John Goodman. All of his heavy breathing and general lack of health made him super uncomfortable on screen, which worked for the role. Also Mary Elizabeth Winstead, be still my heart.

I thought that Howard had killed Brittany and, his daughter, Megan, was off with the mother.

If you notice though when Michelle sees the help message written on the glass -- Well, you can't notice this while watching -- But the song in the OST that plays during this part is entitled "Message from Megan".

Huh?

John Goodman was super effective. The sound of his breathing and his huge presence in the otherwise cramped bunker was a great way to manifest him without having him do anything at all.

Also, Mary Elizabeth Winstead outmatched him in this movie. I knew she was a pretty good actor but hot damn.

The sound design. The cinematography.

Very good movie.

zeemumu

I got bored and starting reading about reaper drones and how they work. Apparently at some point FDR approved research of weaponized bats.

Jobbs

Banned
What's that word artists sometimes use to describe non descript "machinary/technology" shapes often used to fill things in when designing sci fi stuff?

I need to know this word and I can't think of it

zeemumu

Unlimited presidential terms makes everyone crazy.

Don't forget his Japanese interment camps tho.

There was a lot of anti japanese stuff before world war 2 that no one remembers. The internment camps are the most infamous though.
What's that word artists sometimes use to describe non descript "machinary/technology" shapes often used to fill things in when designing sci fi stuff?

I need to know this word and I can't think of it

Industrial?

There was a lot of anti japanese stuff before world war 2 that no one remembers. The internment camps are the most infamous though.

It's funny he never instituted German American interment camps.

But you know, German Americans were and still are the highest percentage of Americans. Plus being white.

zeemumu

It's funny he never instituted German American interment camps.

But you know, German Americans were and still are the highest percentage of Americans. Plus being white.

Funny like the assumption that all terrorists are stereotypical middle eastern people so if we section them off thatll end terrorism?

I can't tell if people dont live long enough to prevent history from repeating or if they just don't care.

I so wanted to be fighter pilot as a kid but bad eyes and terrible math skills were huge barriers.

Yeah my eyes are so terrible that if anything happens to my left eye I'll be legally blind lmao

Surgery won't do shit so I'm doomed to a life of shitty vision, plus I'll never meet the corrected vision requirements for pilot selection.

To be a pilot you need to be an officer as well, so you need to commission which is a huge pain and it's wicked hard to do.

Yeah my eyes are so terrible that if anything happens to my left eye I'll be legally blind lmao

Surgery won't do shit so I'm doomed to a life of shitty vision, plus I'll never meet the corrected vision requirements for pilot selection.

To be a pilot you need to be an officer as well, so you need to commission which is a huge pain and it's wicked hard to do.

My left eye is significantly weaker than my right eye.

I wonder if I could make it.

My left eye is significantly weaker than my right eye.

I wonder if I could make it.

You need to basically have 20/20 corrected vision, full color, and no asthma or allergies after age 12

Basically a perfect human specimen

That's just for pilots though; like if you wanted to go JAG (lawyers) or something you can have whatever physical qualifications, as long as you have a degree and are accepted to the program. Honestly all of the officer programs are stupid selective, no matter what.

You need to basically have 20/20 corrected vision, full color, and no asthma or allergies after age 12

Basically a perfect human specimen

That's just for pilots though; like if you wanted to go JAG (lawyers) or something you can have whatever physical qualifications, as long as you have a degree and are accepted to the program. Honestly all of the officer programs are stupid selective, no matter what.

I could potentially have this with contacts.

I took a practice ASVAB and scored p well on it. But god, I don't know if I can do the military. #fucktheman

One of my closest friends flies a plane. It's definitely a lot of fun to be up in a personal plane! Really expensive though, and a lot of work to train for.

I could potentially have this with contacts.

I took a practice ASVAB and scored p well on it. But god, I don't know if I can do the military. #fucktheman

The ASVAB is for the enlisted side. To get a commission you either need to go to the USAF Academy (a four year accredited university) and graduate (you get a Bachelor's in...something. I don't know), or you need to take the AFOQT (Air Force Officer Qualification Test) and score ridiculously high. To take the test you need a Bachelor's too.

I took the AFOQT and didn't score even close to what I needed. So I said fuck it and went enlisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom