• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
fire_community.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't look for much in a partner in the sex part. Just give me my 3 sex meals and 2 sex snacks of the day.

Symphonia

Banned
Hi. I’m Symphonia. In exactly 45 days from now, you and I are going to meet. And we’re going to fall in love. And we’re going to get married and we’re going to have two kids. And we’re going to love them and each other so much. All that is 45 days away. But I’m here now, I guess, because I want those extra 45 days. With you. I want each one of them. And if I can’t have them, I’ll take the 45 seconds before your boyfriend shows up and punches me in the face. Because I love you. I’m always going to love you. Until the end of my days. And beyond.

zeemumu

Hi. I’m Symphonia. In exactly 45 days from now, you and I are going to meet. And we’re going to fall in love. And we’re going to get married and we’re going to have two kids. And we’re going to love them and each other so much. All that is 45 days away. But I’m here now, I guess, because I want those extra 45 days. With you. I want each one of them. And if I can’t have them, I’ll take the 45 seconds before your boyfriend shows up and punches me in the face. Because I love you. I’m always going to love you. Until the end of my days. And beyond.

header.jpg

listen even I have my limits

Plus you'll inevitably have to fight hundreds of men and women to get to her.

Jobbs

Banned
The key art for this game was sogood.gif

It evokes the feeling of heavenly themes the game utilizes really well.

Tales of Symphonia was my first Tales game and I just absolutely loved it. Back on Gamecube I played the absolute hell out of it. Based on my love of this game I tried many of the Tales games that followed, but the only one that even came close was Vesperia.

Sometimes you don't need anything particularly original.. Just something cute, nice, and sincere.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Tales of Symphonia was my first Tales game and I just absolutely loved it. Back on Gamecube I played the absolute hell out of it. Based on my love of this game I tried many of the Tales games that followed, but the only one that even came close was Vesperia.

Sometimes you don't need anything particularly original.. Just something cute, nice, and sincere.
You might like Destiny, Eternia, and Phantasia. Also Rebirth, which is one of my personal favorites, but that's in Japanese.

I love love love early Tales games, from Phantasia all the way to Vesperia. Abyss gets a lot of hate, but it might be my absolute favorite (although my reasons why all include spoilers, so I'll refrain from listing them here). After Vesperia, the series lost its way.

I still enjoyed the subsequent games to an extent, but not nearly as much as I did the games from the series' golden age.

Jobbs

Banned
You might like Destiny, Eternia, and Phantasia. Also Rebirth, which is one of my personal favorites, but that's in Japanese.

I love love love early Tales games, from Phantasia all the way to Vesperia. Abyss gets a lot of hate, but it might be my absolute favorite (although my reasons why all include spoilers, so I'll refrain from listing them here). After Vesperia, the series lost its way.

I still enjoyed the subsequent games to an extent, but not nearly as much as I did the games from the series' golden age.

I got the PS4 one (Tales of.. Er.. Fuck.. What's it called? The open world one) but I haven't played it yet. It looks a bit dull. I guess I need to be in the right mood to give it a shot.

The upcoming one -- Berseria or whatever -- Looks promising.

Oh and I loved the opening song and accompanying anime for Vesperia. I'd watch it to completion almost every time I started the game up. I couldn't resist.

SolVanderlyn

I got the PS4 one (Tales of.. Er.. Fuck.. What's it called? The open world one) but I haven't played it yet. It looks a bit dull. I guess I need to be in the right mood to give it a shot.

The upcoming one -- Berseria or whatever -- Looks promising.
Zestiria is my least favorite mainline game by a large margin. Solid B to C-tier RPG, but doesn't begin to touch the others.

Its elemental trials have some great music, though.

SolVanderlyn

I have preferences, but I'm not committed to any type. The guy I'm going out with in a couple hours I don't think fits the type I've been broadcasting.
Be sure to tell him you frequent GAF and are a master of funny pics and dank memes. Works like a charm every time.

Jobbs

Banned
Zestiria is my least favorite mainline game by a large margin. Solid B to C-tier RPG, but doesn't begin to touch the others.

Its elemental trials have some great music, though.

I don't have a high consumption rate of JRPGs. The ones that are too weird or too arcane or too anime I find I can't relate to. When a JRPG works for me it's when it has simple relatable and minimally annoying characters.

Final Fantasy, for example, completely lost me after a certain point. 13 and Lightning Returns and all that I find I can in no way connect with. Nothing seems human or interesting or relatable about any of it. Everyone looks plastic and the story is convoluted nonsense. Paupers on the street look like models. By comparison, Dragon Quest games have all types of characters -- Which tend to be simple, yes, but simple is all you need. You can understand them. You can connect.

Incidentally, the Dragon Quest franchise is one of my most beloved life long franchises, and it's nothing but feel good feelings for me. Dragon Quest VIII also happens to be one of the greatest JRPGs ever, if not the greatest. If it tells you anything, I'm a Nintendo kid, grew up in the golden age of NES and SNES, and my affection and nostalgia for Dragon Quest eclipses any I feel for any Nintendo franchise.

They need to fucking port Dragon Quest Builders over to the west already

Misha

Banned
Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me

My top three JRPGs of all time are:

Chrono Trigger
Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy IV

Lift your open hand
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me

Childhood flooding back.

Jobbs

Banned
Lift your open hand
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me

I can play that song perfectly. Done it so many times. I was in the youth group band in the 90s. =)

Also hung out with Sixpence multiple times, bc my church was used as a concert facility constantly and kids from the youth group would frequently be involved in various capacities

Chrono Trigger
Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy IV

Childhood flooding back.

I have Chrono Trigger on DS. I've always meant to play through it -- Because I haven't played it since childhood -- But I keep putting it off. I also keep wondering if it's as good as I remember.

zeemumu

I have preferences, but I'm not committed to any type. The guy I'm going out with in a couple hours I don't think fits the type I've been broadcasting.

The type that I always looked for was a mix of sorta nerdy with a dash of sarcasm. I guess Spider-Gwen would be an example? I don't know.

Making me laugh would pretty much hook me instantly but I haven't met many people who can legit make me laugh without using GIFS.

FloatOn

Concerning Natalie Dormer.

I have an irrational hate for that side shave haircut. It's just terrible imo.

Good luck on your date Lilith!

Oh and 10 Cloverfield Lane was great. See it if you can.

SolVanderlyn

Chrono Trigger
Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy IV
Tales of Destiny PS2 (Cliche story done right, AMAZING battle system)
Final Fantasy VII
Suikoden (yes, the original)

Runner-ups

Xenogears
Fire Emblem 7 (does this count?)

I love JRPGs, but at a certain point during the wane of the PS2 era, they went downhill. I think market trends changed to support a more heavily influenced anime aesthetic at the same time that graphics were becoming more realistic, stories were becoming more complex, and voice acting in the west was still not as good as the original Japanese audio. The end result gave us really wacky stories, with really wacky character designs, with some pretty wacky dialogue.

I think I've played most JRPGs made to this day, however, and I don't plan to stop any time soon. I do miss the book reading nature of non-voice acted RPGs. It's what got me into literature as a child. I'm an English teacher now!

Be sure to tell him you frequent GAF and are a master of funny pics and dank memes. Works like a charm every time.

He has a vague idea. I've already told him I share game designs and advice with peers on internet forums, and I text him funny junk all the time. I'll hold off on divulging the whole rabbit trail until we get serious.

The type that I always looked for was a mix of sorta nerdy with a dash of sarcasm.

Making me laugh would pretty much hook me instantly but I haven't met many people who can legit make me laugh without using GIFS.

I think it's fair to say making a girl laugh is probably the most important thing you can do to win her over, but then again not everyone likes or understands sarcasm. My humor is mostly dry wit and wordplay.

And I definitely prefer nerdy guys, at least as long as they're otherwise well-rounded and not afraid to try new things.

Good luck on your date Lilith!

Thanks! ♥

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I need to eat more. My energy at the gym is almost non-existent.

----

Best of luck on your date Lilith!

Misha

Banned
Just thought about whether I might like my one friend that I've never considered. Hopefully my brain wasn't listening

Edit: I think I'm safe

jb1234

Vesperia is probably the most well-rounded Tales. I also liked Abyss because it took some risks with its characters and story (and that makes the game divisive). I haven't particularly liked any of them after Vesperia. Graces f in particular was a train wreck (with a decent battle system).

Misha

Banned
I wanna get high with Yoda.

I would swallow my pride,
I would choke on the rinds, but the lack thereof would leave me empty inside.
Swallow my doubt, turn it inside out,
Find nothing but faith in nothing.
want to put my tender
Heart in a blender,
Watch it spin round to a beautiful oblivion.
Rendezvous, and I'm through with you.

I would swallow my pride,
I would choke on the rinds, but the lack thereof would leave me empty inside.
Swallow my doubt, turn it inside out,
Find nothing but faith in nothing.
want to put my tender
Heart in a blender,
Watch it spin round to a beautiful oblivion.
Rendezvous, and I'm through with you.

I'm still looping Kiss Me.

This will be next.

zeemumu

I think it's fair to say making a girl laugh is probably the most important thing you can do to win her over, but then again not everyone likes or understands sarcasm. My humor is mostly dry wit and wordplay.

And I definitely prefer nerdy guys, at least as long as they're otherwise well-rounded and not afraid to try new things.

If you reverse the genders in your post yeah that's what I'm dealing with. But it's not about being interested in women with heavy amounts of sarcasm. I like someone with enough sarcasm to poke fun at the world when it gets ridiculous but still able to be optimistic when it matters. Basically the pessimist equivalent of an anit-nihilist, or just an anti-nihilist.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
My sarcasm and dry humor is usually met with confusion if people don't know me. It's not often that someone catches onto right away, but if they do it's a huge attraction for me. I'm not sure why I'm so sarcastic and slightly pessimistic. Maybe it's a way to deal with uncomfortable-ness. I've always enjoyed getting people to laugh. 🤷 ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Boy ultra has been disappointing as hell this year.

Yeeeeeeep. Some of the bigger names are going too far into pop for my tastes.

Might as well get Bittersweet Symphony out of the way too.

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom