• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica jones is definitely not an exception

Personally I would consider Steven universe neither an exception nor and example and I've never seem the rest

Is sense8 an exception or did
the soap star's bf
die? I can't remember

Haven't gotten that far, but the wiki says he's around still.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo has a powerful, bisexual central character who doesn't die.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
tumblr_m4v4faABwS1qbw7q9o1_r1_250.gif

Granadier

Instead she gets sexually abused on a regular basis and viciously raped

Yep, that is the fucked up part of the story. Still I feel her character is powerful at overcoming all of the horrifically fucked up shit she goes through.

I just want to do something because I don't like how Daredevil ends but everybody left because they have work in the morning. This is so unfair.

Convince friends to quit their jobs. How'd the date go? Daredevil is crazy, isn't it?

Hey Em, you should really read this book. I promise it has happy endings for all the gay characters. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Michaud-The-Subversive-Brilliance-of-A-Little-Life-320.jpg

It's emotionally traumatizing but so good.

Shoulda chosen broad city over it like me

Well, I liked 90% of the show, so I'm not unhappy I watched it. I'm just unhappy with parts of how it ended.

Convince friends to quit their jobs. How'd the date go? Daredevil is crazy, isn't it?

Hah! It was just a get-together of friends. We barely even kissed.

So, Daredevil spoilers.
I thought the big vase/coffin thing was going to have like a vampire in it, and I fucking love vampires. The blood, the resurrection, the coffin, the ancient one, it all fits. So for there to be... nothing... in the coffin until they dug up Elektra and put her in it was really confusing and disappointing. Like what were they keeping it around for? Did they know she was going to die? Would they have put her in the coffin either way? Why did The Hand wait so long to use her, or at least wait so long to steal her from The Chaste? What even is their plan once they have her? Is she going to gain super powers? What was the blood farm actually being used for if the blood isn't going anywhere? Is there something special about the coffin vase that needs to be saved?
I realize some of that will be handled in season 3, but it was all hinted at so early in this season that you'd think they'd actually do something with it, not just leave a cliffhanger. Because
Nobu is so boring. Kind of scary during his first S1 appearance and spooky that he came back to life, but he's no main villain. He's not an interesting screen presence nor an important foil to any of the protagonists. He just sits there. Also The Hand's ninjas can't do shit. Arrow did the same thing with the secret ninja clan where all of them can barely hold up in a fight against half-trained vigilantes. It's just not impressive. Like the more bad guys you throw on a screen, the weaker they each get, like your average zombie in a zombie horde. Reyes was a good villain. The Punisher is a good villain. Kingpin is a good villain. Nobu is boring as fuck. Yet the only way they can replace him at this point is with Elektra, but I think she's really cute with Matt and I want them to be a couple. :(

Granadier

Audiosurf was such a great game

Daredevil discussion
100% agree about Nobu and The Hand. He was such a boring villain, and the way he would "die" and come back to life was so anti-climactic. Like just falling on the ground signifying death and then getting up. At least in S1 he was burned alive. Also yeah, the ninjas were lame as hell. The entire Black Sky concept was really confusing as well since S1 started out with the Black Sky being killed. Now all of a sudden Elektra is the Black Sky??
Regarding Elektra and Matt though I disagree. She's manipulated the hell out of Matt their entire relationship, so I was happy when she was out of the picture. Although Matt's done pretty much the same thing to everyone he's involved with, so maybe they belong together.
The Punisher and Fisk though, hot damn. Those two actors portray their characters so well.

Daredevil discussion

Right! And I'm super glad those last two are still each in the game. It feels very well earned. That alone makes me stoked for the next season!

But now, I don't know. I'm probably going to go draw more weapons. I just counted... I've drawn fifty-two weapons since Thursday evening. I want there to be lots and lots of weapons in this game. I'm only half-way done at best.

I've been watching a lot of the Man At Arms: Reforged show too. Besides being a really cool show, I feel like me having a good understanding of how actual swords and stuff are crafted is helping to design more realistic and better feeling weapons than some generic fantasy tripe.

Thanks for this link. I hadn't known about Man at Arms before. Really cool show. I'm impressed that they can make some of those crazy game weapons like the keyblade.

Yay! That's why I shared the link. :)

Yeah, I just don't share their intuition about metalwork, so often for the first two or three minutes I can't understand where they're going with the project, but then they pull through of course.

Just finished doing the facial anim recordings and actually might use this girl as Arie's VA.

I always feel sapped of energy after socializing for too long though :(

Sidenote, I'm so damn jazzed about the EasyAllies announcement. <3

Jobbs

Banned
Just finished doing the facial anim recordings and actually might use this girl as Arie's VA.

I always feel sapped of energy after socializing for too long though :(

Sidenote, I'm so damn jazzed about the EasyAllies announcement. <3

my game has 2 genuine aussie girls doing voices in it, with full natural aussie accents.

originally I wanted to do a full aussie cast, but it was too hard. I've yet to encounter a non aussie voice actor who can properly do the accent.

edit: just watched the easy allies thing. This happened quite rapidly, it seems.

Jobbs

Banned
I think I linked this a while back, but this is one of my aussie actresses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPaSRtHO4DY

Each time you ride the elevator she says something different, and at later points in the game her dialogues change as well. You never have to hear her dialogues or find her (which is possible later in the game), of course, so only the curious types will actually ride it up and down like this.

SystemBug

try to get some sleep but didnt feel tired enough so i worked out in my basement for a bti

i like my arms but everything else is a mess. time to go on a massive cut.

and yeah probably gonna skip my 8 am class. i still dont feel tired enough. gonna binge the last few eps of daredevil I have left!

Chuckie

Could you Fakers be a bit more careful with spoilers btw...or do I need to avoid this thread every Monday too?

Person A: Another lesbian dies on
The Walking Dead
Person B: The spin-off or the main series (that already kind of spoils it)
Person A: The main series
Person C: Lots of gay and straight people die on [name of show]
Tence: Thanks guys.

Misha

Banned
Could you Fakers be a bit more careful with spoilers btw...or do I need to avoid this thread every Monday too?

Person A: Another lesbian dies on
The Walking Dead
Person B: The spin-off or the main series (that already kind of spoils it)
Person A: The main series
Person C: Lots of gay and straight people die on [name of show]
Tence: Thanks guys.
Noted gay character
Dumbledore
dies in Harry Potter

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
my game has 2 genuine aussie girls doing voices in it, with full natural aussie accents.

originally I wanted to do a full aussie cast, but it was too hard. I've yet to encounter a non aussie voice actor who can properly do the accent.

edit: just watched the easy allies thing. This happened quite rapidly, it seems.

I reckon I could be bloody good talky person if you need one mate.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Dudes and dudettes, please be considerate to other posters regarding spoilers.

It's ok to say "Tifa dies", but untagged talk about recent happenings may earn you something.

Now go back to thirsting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom