• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
It would be nice if more female characters' tickets to 'power' and 'strength' weren't through surviving sexual assault.

even though I liked how the adaptation turned out, Alias (the comic book) is basically that trope incarnate. Sorta made me feel like thats the only way they could introduce a new complex female superhero (not to say there haven't been any others but in the comic it definitely felt lazy to me)

my game has 2 genuine aussie girls doing voices in it, with full natural aussie accents.

originally I wanted to do a full aussie cast, but it was too hard. I've yet to encounter a non aussie voice actor who can properly do the accent.

edit: just watched the easy allies thing. This happened quite rapidly, it seems.

I always wondered this (and I'm SURE you've said it in the past, but I'm sure as shit not going through post history haha), did the want for Aussie VA's come through planning/before the game or just made sense as you went along in terms of vibes?

Yeah, it can depend as well with the "type" of Aussie accent because there's different ranges of "voices" in Australian. Everyone knows the bogan type of accent or the more "Aussie" type but there's actually a whole range of voices.

(When you get rich and do the next game, bankroll it out and go full Aussie :p )

I was looking through the reference videos (I generally kept it running so I could ease her into it and get more Neutral > Behaviour Node > Emotion transitions) and she is basically Arie. She seemed pretty down with the VA idea.

Re : EZA, I'm REALLY happy how quickly they banded together, it's just great to see that crew back together with the same jolly vibes :D

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
even though I liked how the adaptation turned out, Alias (the comic book) is basically that trope incarnate. Sorta made me feel like thats the only way they could introduce a new complex female superhero (not to say there haven't been any others but in the comic it definitely felt lazy to me)

Jessica Jones, Veronica Mars, etc...this is more common than I first thought. Diatribe brings up a really good point. I'm not trying to drag that whole discussion into this thread though since there are other very good places to talk about it.

Misha

Banned
Jessica Jones, Veronica Mars, etc...this is more common than I first thought. Diatribe brings up a really good point. I'm not trying to drag that whole discussion into this thread though since there are other very good places to talk about it.

in veronica mars it was sorta unnecessary "your best friend died and everyone hates you because your dad accuses the father" would have been plenty

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Jessica Jones' case is specially stupid since she isn't raped in the comics.

Purple Man uses emotional torture, raping other women like the predator that he is, while forcing Jessica to desire she were one of those women.

I guess it was way too complex for Marvel TV.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Found my first girlfriend on FB. Happily married to some handsome dude.

Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-06.jpg

A better man would be happy for them, which I am, sort of, but I'm more bitter than better, ohohohoho
I'm sorry

Misha

Banned
Jessica Jone's case is specially stupid since she isn't raped in the comics.

Purple Man uses emotional torture, raping other women like the predator that he is, while forcing Jessica to desire she were one of those women.

I guess it was way too complex for Marvel TV.

personally I found alias to be very shallow and weak where that part of it was very briefly tacked on at the end whereas jessica jones purposely went after specific issues and handled them well. You don't have to do a faithful adaptation to do well and I think the show is way better than the comic book

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
personally I found alias to be very shallow and weak where that part of it was very briefly tacked on at the end whereas jessica jones purposely went after specific issues and handled them well. You don't have to do a faithful adaptation to do well and I think the show is way better than the comic book

Wow.

I think you may be the first person who like the show better than the book.

I personally dislike the show. It has no nuance to speak off and Jessica is just plain insufferable.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Brienne of Tarth remains my favorite semi-recent TV show female.

Older Arya is going to be awesome. If it ever happens. IIRC, G.R.R. Martin wanted to do a timeskip, but couldn't justify nothing important happening for such a long period of time (or some such similar problem)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Brienne of Tarth remains my favorite semi-recent TV show female.

The Expanse's Chrisjen Avasarala does it for me.

dtJMr0c.jpg

Boss AF.

The show deserves a lot of credit for being crazy inclusive in terms of gender, sexual inclinations and race without feeling forced at all.

I like Trish like 50x more than I like Jessica

It helps that she's, like, the only bearable character along Luke.

Misha

Banned
Wow.

I think you may be the first person who like the show better than the book.

I personally dislike the show. It has no nuance to speak off and Jessica is just plain insufferable.

nothing really ever happens in the comic book. its just a couple random cases then bam randomly a complex story with a clown antagonist that really doesn't have a satisfying payoff. It very much had me asking "that's it?" after hearing how good it was

jessica herself definitely is more subtle and relatable in the book though tbf. I'll definitely concede that.

Jobbs

Banned
The Expanse's Chrisjen Avasarala does it for me.

dtJMr0c.jpg

Boss AF.

The show deserves a lot of credit for being crazy inclusive in terms of gender, sexual inclinations and race without feeling forced at all.

It helps that she's, like, the only bearable character along Luke.

I've been name dropping the expanse in these threads for two months as one of the best shows on TV, you're pretty much the first person who even seems to know what it is

I've been name dropping the expanse in these threads for two months as one of the best shows on TV, you're pretty much the first person who even seems to know what it is

I've watched the first 3 eps with my mum, we don't get many chances to watch it though as we don't want my dad getting involved >_>

It's pretty good

marrec

Banned
that gif got me interested but a google search has some awful awful promotional material

Dead Like Me is a really good show with some very high peaks. I dunno if I would've watched it during it's original run but binging on it makes it better I think.

Also, good morning Fakie McFakefaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom