• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Deeds were done. Things happened as a result.

giphy.gif

marrec

Banned
I love full moons. Thry light up the night nicely

Full moons causing any kind of behavioral changes in people is a myth anyway, so might as well enjoy the moonlit night without paranoia.

My favorite is when there's snow on the ground during a full moon. That shit shines like the world's made of silver.

zeemumu

Full moons causing any kind of behavioral changes in people is a myth anyway, so might as well enjoy the moonlit night without paranoia.

My favorite is when there's snow on the ground during a full moon. That shit shines like the world's made of silver.
They give the world a tint of dark blue instead of black. My area has a lot of rolling hills that look great in moonlight. It's something I look forward to every month.

I like the way the world looks at night but I'm unfortunately a morning person against my will.

Jobbs

Banned
Dudes. I'm playing with google translate app on my phone. This is going to make playing Dark Souls 3 JP easy. You just take a photo of the screen, highlight text with your finger, and it instantly translates. Already testing it on the Japanese menu options in PSN. It's flawless.

What a time to be alive.

Kevyt

Dudes. I'm playing with google translate app on my phone. This is going to make playing Dark Souls 3 JP easy. You just take a photo of the screen, highlight text with your finger, and it instantly translates. Already testing it on the Japanese menu options in PSN. It's flawless.

What a time to be alive.

That's so 2012...

zeemumu

What a time to be alive.

Isn't this gonna make things difficult in the future when we all get the game and you're barred from conversation for several weeks due to fear of spoilers?

marrec

Banned

What a time to be alive.

I don't know how it is with Japanese, but Google Translate is awful for French and Spanish translation. It will get individual words every time, but it never translates sentences with the correct syntax and tense.

Seems like Dark Souls already muddy narrative would be made unintelligible by running it through Google.

Good luck.

Misha

Banned
how do people feel about the zelda formula for plot of:
plot begins -> a couple dungeons -> plot advances -> a bunch of dungeons -> plot resolves

I like it since it gives you a chance to get used to the mechanics and world in the first part. When you hit the plot progression point, you get to see the results of your efforts and opens up more of the world to you and turns up the challenge.

something funny:
I played OoT first out of the zelda's and at one point a friend of mine was describing ALttP. He explained that it was 2d and the guards would actually attack you. I assumed it would be like the area around the castle where you're young link and the guards try to catch you except looking like doom with 2d spirtes but still in a 3d world. I was way off.

Jobbs

Banned
Isn't this gonna make things difficult in the future when we all get the game and you're barred from conversation for several weeks due to fear of spoilers?

I don't know what this means

I don't know how it is with Japanese, but Google Translate is awful for French and Spanish translation. It will get individual words every time, but it never translates sentences with the correct syntax and tense.

Seems like Dark Souls already muddy narrative would be made unintelligible by running it through Google.

Good luck.

I only need it for menu options and maybe give it a go on the item descriptions. The voiceover from NPCs is in english!

Jobbs

Banned
If you fimish it now you'll only have the other japanese players to speak with

and the billions of other non Japanese people on neogaf and other socials who also bought the JP version

I intend to stream the game, see if an audience forms, which seems liable to happen given the Souls thirst out there

Oh really? Should be GtG then, just don't expect too much from the item descriptions.

The overall main utility I'll need it for will probably be determining what spells and items do... Like if I'm shopping for miracles, it'll be nice to try and figure out what I'm buying

zeemumu

and the billions of other non Japanese people on neogaf and other socials who also bought the JP version

I intend to stream the game, see if an audience forms, which seems liable to happen given the Souls thirst out there

The overall main utility I'll need it for will probably be determining what spells and items do... Like if I'm shopping for miracles, it'll be nice to try and figure out what I'm buying

Billions might be pushing it

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I played OoT first out of the zelda's and at one point a friend of mine was describing ALttP. He explained that it was 2d and the guards would actually attack you. I assumed it would be like the area around the castle where you're young link and the guards try to catch you except looking like doom with 2d spirtes but still in a 3d world. I was way off.

Link's Awakening will forever be my favourite.

DzTmfkX.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I worked in retail during a few of my teen years and I don't deny my claim.

Times are different now :p

I wanted to go for a walk and rain started to pour down like crazy. Ok, I will do some training with weights today instead

Jobbs

Banned
2/3 phone calls down.. I feel close to freedom.

it's so stupid. I just have irrational anxiety around making calls that most people would consider mundane. I do not like talking on the phone, especially if I am the one who has to be the initiator. Answering is easier (though I also don't like that).

Funny I used to work in a call center doing tech support and answering phones was all I did. Somehow that didn't give me anxiety, though. I felt shielded by support boundaries.

zeemumu

Sure, but numerous studies show that there is no behavioral difference during full moons.

And you probably don't need numerous studies to tell you that the 13th floor of a building has no supernatural properties and yet most building skip that number. External forces don't really matter if your mind makes it real.

Not sure if I want to go out to get food or try to last the day

Go out and get food but punish yourself for doing so by getting Arby's

zeemumu

What are the odds of me clearing the rest of Dark Souls 1 in a week? I'm deep into New Londo Ruins and looking for the ring so I can jump down this death hole. Nito's dead.

Ah damn it I forgot to kill Sif. I'm sorry, buddy.

Jobbs

Banned
I grew up thinking the Arby's sign was some kind of fish shape

I later realized it's a hat, but I still see the fish.

What are the odds of me clearing the rest of Dark Souls 1 in a week? I'm deep into New Londo Ruins and looking for the ring so I can jump down this death hole. Nito's dead.

Ah damn it I forgot to kill Sif. I'm sorry, buddy.

From here it can be done pretty quickly if you don't suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom