• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Cute is dead. Only gore and trauma now.

For Cajun
tumblr_mt73472RKR1svlippo1_500.gif

I will continue to preach the greatness of cute.

Well now, I found out that Gainax has its name on Hanamaru Kindergarten thanks to the OP in episode 2.

Do I expect Gainaxing from this product?

CorvoSol

Our blood for cajun's blood. We must choose a sacrifice to watch Apocalypse Zero to ensure our safe passage through this season of darkness.

I nominate KirbYayoi because something so heinous should only be done to one with an avatar as defenseless as his.

Gundam Build Fighters 12

So again, Ramba Ral dropping iconic lines from MSG proving he's the most amazing character ever. Also the plot seems to be getting more serious. Also that hilariously blatant cheating with a 1/48 Zaku. Also dem romantic developments.

Most important of all, though, is that the Wing Fenice has a goddamn BEAM CAPE. That MS just jumped up about 20 points of awesome in my eyes, folks.

I don't know how people can watch this show and not feel happy. Sure, it isn't as serious as regular Gundam shows, but then again that light hearted spirit and off-beat plot nature has made it really enjoyable for me. It's so much better than its immediate predecessors.

jediyoshi

Pocket Monsters XY 9

VSNRnGU.png

ynlzZ5o.png

Fun little character driven ep, lots of great art. Haven't played the game so I didn't see the gym leader twist coming.

There's something occasionally endearing about how they can glance over the absurdity of the premise while making the focus instead on how they're going to overcome it.

Non Non Biyori - 09

More episodes featuring perfection incarnate is always a good thing.

my man

CorvoSol

You guys realize this was all part of Corvo's plan to finally claim the top poster spot for himself, right?

Do I really have what it takes to overtake the competition in the next few days? Note that this is holidays and also I will be traveling on the 4th and 5th.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I nominate KirbYayoi because something so heinous should only be done to one with an avatar as defenseless as his.

Gundam Build Fighters 12

So again, Ramba Ral dropping iconic lines from MSG proving he's the most amazing character ever. Also the plot seems to be getting more serious. Also that hilariously blatant cheating with a 1/48 Zaku. Also dem romantic developments.

Most important of all, though, is that the Wing Fenice has a goddamn BEAM CAPE. That MS just jumped up about 20 points of awesome in my eyes, folks.

I don't know how people can watch this show and not feel happy. Sure, it isn't as serious as regular Gundam shows, but then again that light hearted spirit and off-beat plot nature has made it really enjoyable for me. It's so much better than its immediate predecessors.

I can imagine some people are not happen that Gundam now resembles Yu-Gi-Oh! or Beyblade.

Jarmel

Banned
*listens to Before My Body is Dry *

Well I guess that confirms my fears.

LOLOLOLOLOL
ColbertCalledIt.gif

Listening to it right now, it's awful. Fucking Sawano.

The lyrics "I got to find out who killed my dad". The X soundtrack is going to be such a step down from Xenoblade.

Articalys

Correction, Vito just found it funny that I was posting on AnimeSuki. Dunno why, since I've been posting off and on there over the last few months, even before my meltdown here. Guess we just never crossed paths in that forum before.

LOLOLOLOLOL
ColbertCalledIt.gif

Listening to it right now, it's awful. Fucking Sawano.

The lyrics "I got to find out who killed my dad". The X soundtrack is going to be such a step down from Xenoblade.

Wait, Sawano is doing X's soundtrack?

17rMWed.jpg

Dammit madp, you didn't tell me that Apocolypse Zero episodes were like 38 minutes. Ooooh boy, I might need some coffee.

Rail Wars! Action Light Novels Get Anime
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-24/rail-wars-action-light-novels-get-anime

The "dream railway paradise entertainment" story is set in a parallel world where Japan did not privatize its national railways. Naohito Takayama is an ordinary high school boy who dreams of a comfortable future working for the top-rated Japanese National Railways. He is assigned as a trainee in the Railways Security Force full of odd characters such as Sakurai, a troublemaker who hates men. On top of that, an extremist group called "RJ" plots to privatize the Japanese National Railways.

zeroshiki

The TV Premier of The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki last Friday on NTV got ratings of 15.4% for the Kanto region which is a higher rating than 8 of the 10 Ghibli movies shown on TV this year (only Laputa and Porco Rosso beat it and those movies had extenuating circumstances). These are also the best ratings a Hosoda movie has done on TV ever.

Of course, they didn't show Spirited Away, Totoro, Kiki or Mononoke this year so its not THAT big of a feat.

Articalys

That's conditional on if I ever even snap again. You really don't think I've learned my lesson by now?

Also, I've never actually seen Anchorman. Not really my style of humor.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That's conditional on if I ever even snap again. You really don't think I've learned my lesson by now?
We've begged. We've pleaded. We've done everything we could to get you to not take shit so seriously.

So no, I really don't think you have. Please prove me wrong.

I'd like to get excited about the premise of Rail Wars, but I can't tell if it's just going to be LN haremshit.
I'll still watch it if it is.

Articalys

Well, nothing doing but proving through action, I suppose. Though I doubt some of you will ever be satisfied no matter how long I keep it cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom