• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Gundam Build Fighters is Angelic Layer with Gundams. Its not a real Gundam series.

You're right. There isn't enough shitty romance, awful character development, teenage angst, faux-pacifism, convoluted plot and dumb, ridiculously stereotypical enemies for this to be a true Gundam series.

GBF is the best Gundam series because its not Gundam.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
After finishing Uchouten and completely hating it I quit anime for months.

Why or even how can a person feel this way?

I swear I have the mind to report you to a mod for trolling! This opinion is invalid unless you are saying it was sooooooooooooooo good that you were ruined for all other anime. If the latter is your true feelings then its wrong but at least something an argument can be made for.

I hate you :(

hipbabboom

Gundam Build Fighters is Angelic Layer with Gundams. Its not a real Gundam series.

Is it shear coincidence that the head of the Gundam used by the girl that beat the champion in the prelims looked eerily similar to champion angel in Angelic Layer???!
I think not!

Gundam Build Fighters is a more Gundam Show than Heil Adolfuno! Mein Little Space-Fuhrer Can't Possibly Commit This Much Genocide.

Possible translation ?? (95% sure i'm right ):

Gundam Build Fighters is a more Gundam Show than Gundam Age could ever possibly hope to be

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why or even how can a person feel this way?

I swear I have the mind to report you to a mod for trolling! This opinion is invalid unless you are saying it was sooooooooooooooo good that you were ruined for all other anime. If the latter is your true feelings then its wrong but at least something an argument can be made for.

I hate you :(

It happens all the time for me.

I find a show so boring and generally uninteresting that I lose all interest in the medium as a whole. Also applies to movies, video games, television shows, sports, whatever really.

Then I finally will myself to watch something and I enjoy it and the cycle continues. It's not so a much a Uchouten sucks thing (although I did not care for it at all in the slightest) as a I move onto other shit after I get bored thing. I realize this is weird and probably a sign that I'm crazy but thats how I've always operated.

nonononbiyori 12

seriously why can't your love interest ever cook worth a damn in anime? It really isn't that hard to cook these days. just some japan fetish thing to have a waifu that cooks like shit?

also yea best show of the season? Eh probably.

jediyoshi

Non Non Biyori 12

tSvTb21.png

jXkFUgI.png

A little anticlimactic and one too many completely static scenery shots, but fine nonetheless. From the bits of the manga I've seen, I'm guessing there's still material left for another season
they'll never make ;_;

Andrew J.

On that note, I've been wondering something about persona here on AniGAF. I know the following:

Theonik: Ass man

Chet Rippo: Boobs man

Duckroll: Some weird food fetish

DTL: We all know what DTL likes (to the point it's become a category referenced by his name) :|

Are there any other
notable labels I can place on
posters who have a specific interest?

duckroll's thing is really CG animation.

hipbabboom

It happens all the time for me.

I find a show so boring and generally uninteresting that I lose all interest in the medium as a whole. Also applies to movies, video games, television shows, sports, whatever really.

Then I finally will myself to watch something and I enjoy it and the cycle continues. It's not so a much a Uchouten sucks thing (although I did not care for it at all in the slightest) as a I move onto other shit after I get bored thing. I realize this is weird and probably a sign that I'm crazy but thats how I've always operated.

I have to admit, those are some powerful swings you have when a single show puts you off an entire form of expression. The closest I have to relate is when I stopped drinking milk straight (and never quite returned) because someone told me that a certain percentage of milk is puss from infected utters. The thing is that's like a condition that has a potential for affecting all things that pass through the utters. Uchouten is one (very good) anime that stands on its own. I'm totally fascinated that it hit you so hard that it informed your opinion of other works in the medium. I guess I've been eating enough junk in my lifetime that trash like School Days pass through my system or I simply vomit it back up after a few episodes if I just can't take it.

In a weird way, I find your condition enviable. I wish I could find something so powerful and fresh that it would reverse such a blanket reaction. I do, however, pray I never come across an anime so bad that it would make me quit anime for any period of time.

Its good to see you found something to like again :)

duckroll's thing is really CG animation.

I heard he likes flash-based anime as well. Just between you and me, I always questioned his taste
since he seems to really like shows that put studios under

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 11:

Kill la Kill wishes it could do character development as good as Yozakura here. Anyway, it is going to be another long night for our heroes because the infernal Enjin has brought within his latest fallen disciple in order to wreck shit in his usual idiom. Paralleling that the duplicitous Elders are workign on some kind of technology and honestly that conversation got really boring with that Magic Vs. Technology false equivalency debate that I have grown to hate.

If somebody has played the second VN I wouldn't mind which girl wins spoilers. I'm a bit hopeful this can get a second season considering WA1 got a second season and by all means it's a much crappier story.

My understanding is that the 2nd part of the VN has multiple routes so there is no set winner, it would depend on what route the anime would choose to adapt.

Gazoinks

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 11:

Kill la Kill wishes it could do character development as good as Yozakura here. Anyway, it is going to be another long night for our heroes because the infernal Enjin has brought within his latest fallen disciple in order to wreck shit in his usual idiom. Paralleling that the duplicitous Elders are workign on some kind of technology and honestly that conversation got really boring with that Magic Vs. Technology false equivalency debate that I have grown to hate.

But magic is just like technology! Even in a universe where magic is a thing that exists and is completely different from technology!

Mononoke

Banned
Well considerinv that peiple like to sue and how important news is...

This show is pure joy like Hidamari sketch and Kiniro Mozaic.

Glad you started watching this. its so cute it hurts. Panda neko dance is miraculous.

Rightstuf or maybe hobbysearch
those two deal with only legit merchandise of any kind

Thanks, appreciate the replies. My brother is moving to Japan December 26th, so maybe I'll see if he can find any of this stuff over there. But I'll definitely check these sites out.

Hanamaru Kindergarten 1

Well lets see how lewd this really is...

*1 minute in*

yY7WHWQ.jpg

These are some of the most understanding people I've ever seen.... for all the wrong reasons.

hipbabboom

Hanamaru Kindergarten 1

Well lets see how lewd this really is...

*1 minute in*

yY7WHWQ.jpg

These are some of the most understanding people I've ever seen.... for all the wrong reasons.

Awe come on! You have to have a pretty damn filthy mind to even consider anything in this show lewd!

It's cute <3

Awe come on! You have to have a pretty damn filthy mind to even consider anything in this show lewd!

It's cute <3

Honestly, seeing when parents were concerned that a teacher was male (partly due to inexperience) actually kind of bothered me considering the general stigma towards males, so I couldn't really help part of my reactions.

I mean, I guess it's "cute", in that this isn't Kodomo no Jikan tier creepy. But it does put me in a stance of awkwardness.

Gundam Build fighters - 12

The only thing this show was lacking was a gigantic bad guy / moron to mess things up ....

And we've got one !

As for the cliffanger-like way this serie ended, this is a big problem. But i wasn't expecting this relationship to continue the way it did.

Again excellent episode BTW. But i'm not even sure kirara is doing her job properly .. i haven't seen her comment things so far.. is she a placeholder ?

hipbabboom

Honestly, seeing when parents were concerned that a teacher was male (partly due to inexperience) actually kind of bothered me considering the general stigma towards males, so I couldn't really help part of my reactions.

I mean, I guess it's "cute", in that this isn't Kodomo no Jikan tier creepy. But it does put me in a stance of awkwardness.

Ignore those feelings of awkwardness. They're not yours. You probably don't realize it but AniGAF implanted that into your mind using the power of suggestion. I think the show was expressing that aspect of society.

...honest, its really good :'( ...please keep watching ;_;

Ignore those feelings of awkwardness. They're not yours. You probably don't realize it but AniGAF implanted that into your mind using the power of suggestion. I think the show was expressing that aspect of society.

...honest, its really good :'( ...please keep watching ;_;

I'm pretty sure AniGAF wishes it was Blackquill

In any case, I never said I was going to stop.

It's like 12 episodes even!

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Special 02

fAOvXuZl.jpg

Watching this reminds me I should watch the whole B/W series in Japanese cause that fabulous Mamoru Miyano~

hipbabboom

Ageho of Blue Steel - 12

This is the first CG anime I didn't find completely offensive to the senses. There's still a ways to go before I can say I couldn't tell but there were many times I thought to myself "that looked really nice".

The story itself had a nice arch and the ending wasn't terrible. I really liked the female character designs (especially Takao and Kongou). Haruna was unexpectedly cute especially when dis/re-robed. There's still a lot shrouded in mystery after this episode and while I'm not sure what the future holds for this series, it would be nice to have a season two of the anime that dives into the Fogs origin. I'd also appreciate it if the explore cpu-human copulation if they can squeeze it into their budget <3

Bombless

Ageho of Blue Steel - 12

This is the first CG anime I didn't find completely offensive to the senses. There's still a ways to go before I can say I couldn't tell but there were many times I thought to myself "that looked really nice".

The story itself had a nice arch and the ending wasn't terrible. I really liked the female character designs (especially Takao and Kongou). Haruna was unexpectedly cute especially when dis/re-robed. There's still a lot shrouded in mystery after this episode and while I'm not sure what the future holds for this series, it would be nice to have a season two of the anime that dives into the Fogs origin. I'd also appreciate it if the explore cpu-human copulation if they can squeeze it into their budget <3

And maybe some cpu/cpu while they're at it eh? Eh? ^^ But yes, definitely needs a 2nd season.

Gazoinks

Saint Young Men OVAs 1-2 END

This was pretty great. One of the few comedy anime I've laughed at consistently, although I imagine some of it would fall flat if you weren't vaguely familiar with the religions' mythology. Very funny, lighthearted slice of life show. It's a shame it wasn't adapted into a full series. I'll watch the movie tomorrow.

tumblr_mu84r580A41qzqnxxo1_500.gif

zeroshiki

I don't care who's the internet celebrity or the twitter star or the AnimeSuki or AnimeGaf news guy or whatever. I don't claim to be the nicest guy on AnimeGaf but I just think that directly insulting another member and trying to get other people to engage in mass bullying for no apparent reason is tacky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom