• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

mankoto

Gundam Build Fighters 21
Sei took a gamble by letting Aila have his gem and won it. Reiji was able to get her out of her shell through it.

Nobunaga Concerto 10 [end]

I will have to put this as my second favorite Nobunaga show after Nobunaga The Fool. The writer made the Nobunaga storyline something really special and unique with this modern day high schooler falling into this world. By applying his thinking with the thinking of the past and using it to try to emulate what he knew of Nobunaga himself, many great events took place either through just chance and coincidence or just by previous knowledge of events. The music was great and always ended with such a great piece from My First Story (Fugakyaku replace, the final version in the last episode). The way they did scene transitions with the words and place locations, or sometimes just the logo for the series were minor likeable touches. All the characters too ended up being memorable from the kids in the family in the final arc, to the ever lovable and cunning Hideyoshi, to even the original Nobunaga, I just cant think of any weakness. Even the other characters who fell into the world from the present had key parts. 10.

Phatmac

Nice to see a new enemy force before the battle between Night Raid and the Jagers begins. Interested in seeing what these Danger Beasts really are although they haven't put up much of a fight against the main cast so far. Decent episode with some comedy. Sucks to be Wave lol.

Andrew J.

Rundown of my fall watchlist, from least to most hyped.

• Crossange - Watching this because 1) I'm a garbage human being, 2) for the possiblity that it spirals downward into a singularity of poor taste, and 3) some decent robot/dragon fighting maybe?
  • Psycho Pass 2 - Maybe with a shorter run it'll be more focused and less bloated with expositon than the original.
  • Buddy Complex Specials - The series was somewhat dull for most of its run, but picked up at the end. With the more outlandish machines and time travel shenanigans already introduced, hopefully these will be a little more exciting.
  • Amagi Brilliant Park - Kyoani's post-Hyouka shows haven't been classics (except for Tamako Market, you goddamn philistines), but I've found them all to be basically enjoyable.
  • Inou Battle - We'll see how good Trigger is with adaptations of formulaic light novels.
  • Hitsugi no Chaika S2 - I expect it to retain the first season's quirky charm, cool action animation, and subtle (by anime standards) thematic resonance.
  • Gundam Reconguista - Tomino's writing is a mixed bag, of course, but as long as he's in goofy mode and not kill-em-all-especially-the-women mode it should at least be fun.
  • Gundam Build Fighters Try - Can lightning strike twice? Maybe not, but even if it's not quite as good as the original, it can still be pretty goddamn good.
  • Korra no Densetsu Book 4 - Yo did you see that trailer!

Akame Ga Kill 13
ByonQv7IgAAglHF.png

Had to be the funniest moment in the anime so far. Lubba emulating Tatsumi, everyone else too. Anime is at its best when its comedy.

Rest was predictable. I hope Tatsumi forever keeps his Night Raid affiliation a secret from Esdeath.

Shonen Hollywoord Episode 13 End

The episodes involving the talk show as well as Shonen Hollywood practicing their songs (solos, duos, and group), I believed that the final episode would be a song and dance extravaganza. It was known before the english airing from Funimation that a second season would be happening. Because of this I immediately figured that the final episode most likely wouldnt involve that which was a bit disappointing; however, I was glad that the episode went in a different and unpredictable direction.

Will stick around for season 2 too see if the anime can continue to provide a different view of the idol side of things for groups starting out. It isnt anywhere close to UtaPri for me in terms of enjoyment and characters, but it was a blast watching it all and growing with the characters as they matured over the past few weeks. Grabbing life by the horns as they embraced their mission seemed to make them more realistic and grow over time.
Seeing Amaki's friends realize this change in him, as well as the other characters families too, really made me tear up a bit as everyone was so different at the start and almost gave up a few weeks before, but they held on and their hardwork is paying off. Why so good

Berserk - 17

Celebration time. Casca and Guts at the celebration party feels like a polar bear in africa, so out of place.
The noblemen and queen poisoned the wine. Sure doesn't look suspicious when a lone servant approach with just one cup for you.
I'm fairly certain he's not going to die, since Griffith has yet do to something that motivates Guts anger in EP01. Kinda takes the thrill away.

Wow that sucks. Get well! >_<

Thanks. The thing I'm really concerned about regarding this event is that I might start interrupting people's enjoyment with coughing, so I'm doing whatever I can to get my congestion cleared up until then. It sucks that even after the flu goes away, the body still gets fucked up for a while.

mankoto

Gundam Build Fighter 22
Somehow, someway, Sei's mother approves of Aila living with them, and even encourages her to go after Reiji. China's sigh of relief when Aila was getting flustered over Reiji was pretty funny.

Yuuki's new build is only 80% done, and yet he was able to defeat someone he looked up to thanks to the Trans-am function. The fight between him and Reiji will be something else.

Without further ado:

Hype First, thoughts later:
F/ST: UBW
All da Gundams
Chiaka S2
Log Horizon S2
Psycho Pass 2
Selector Spread WIXOSS

mite b cool:
ugure! Kokkuri-san
Kiseijuu
Magic Kaito 1412
Akatsuki no Yona
Denki-Gai no Honya-san
Donten ni Warau
Kaitou Joker
Trinity Seven
World Trigger
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

Train wreck I will watch incoming:
Brilliant Park
Cross Ange
Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis

Yes I in fact can find the time to watch them all and play vidya games.

ibyea

Banned
Psycho-Pass 1-5

I see that the writer's reputation as the Urobutcher is still with merit. XD

Anyways, seems to be a police procedural show with Minority Report style dystopia. So far it is pretty good, and I love the world building. One moment of oddity was a random lecture on Rousseau that was out of place. Oh god, don't tell me that the old man will be doing this throughout the show. One very iffy moment was in the first episode, the camera's panning around the battered woman's body, showing her injury in excruciating detail. The show doesn't do that in later episodes.

Phatmac

I'm interested in seeing how they'll ruin the le fruit de la Grisaia anime. I guess they'll try to do every girl's route without ruining the flow of the show but since the VN doesn't have a true end I wonder which route they'll end the show on. This fall season doesn't stand out but it has a chance of being decent.

I'm interested in seeing how they'll ruin the le fruit de la Grisaia anime. I guess they'll try to do every girl's route without ruining the flow of the show but since the VN doesn't have a true end I wonder which route they'll end the show on. This fall season doesn't stand out but it has a chance of being decent.

I only want to see it because Maon Kurosaki never does a bad song.

Parasyte should save this season for me. Loved the manga.

I have 0 faith that Gundam Build Fighters Try will be good. The first one started to fall apart by the end with a lot of fake drama and I can very much see them continuing that trend.

Gundam : Something someing R
Will watch but the bitter taste of Age is still there. Tomino apparently has issues with his depictions of women so at the very least we can have good conversations about it.

Akatsuki no Yona - I am actually quite partial to Shoujo and give it more leeway to other crap so I'll jump on this to see if it isn't utter shit.

Fate/Stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - Apparent UBW is the best route but really I don't trust anything that comes out of VN fans mouths. I've played the Fate route, watched the first adaptation and the UBW movie and Fate Zero so I'm certainly up to date with the Fate universe. I'm interested to see if the music will be as good as the DEEN version, which apparently was terrible but noone can actually tell me what it did badly that the VN didn't. I like Ufotable's animation style since they don't pump out shows as readily as other animation houses, but their style is becoming a bit too distinctive. You can pretty much mix episodes of KnK and Fate Zero together and it would take long to tell them apart since they look almost identical.

Jarmel

Banned
Space Dandy 26-rewatch

Flawless.

Japanese eyecatches are so good.
iv2b3PWRV6lLE.jpg

ibv15CuPmV0QdE.jpg

I absolutely love that they threw a J.J. Abrams joke in there.

The mindblowing thing for me is that this isn't my favorite episode of the series despite how absolutely great this episode was.

duckroll

I think Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis might be a stealth contender for one of the more interesting shows this season. It's a real dark horse since it's not exactly an original anime (based on a really popular f2p mobile card game) but at the same time there isn't really anything from the game to adapt, so as far as the story and world setting goes, it's as good as an original show. Production values look really high, the director is very interesting, the designs are pretty unorthodox, and we don't really have a lot of straightforward dark fantasy anime these days.

I think Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis might be a stealth contender for one of the more interesting shows this season. It's a real dark horse since it's not exactly an original anime (based on a really popular f2p mobile card game) but at the same time there isn't really anything from the game to adapt, so as far as the story and world setting goes, it's as good as an original show. Production values look really high, the director is very interesting, the designs are pretty unorthodox, and we don't really have a lot of straightforward dark fantasy anime these days.

Which shows do you think might be the most interesting this season aside from Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis?

Jarmel

Banned

Well it depends on scripts for me and the guy on scripts is either a pen name or he doesn't do that much work. Director is solid as Tiger and Bunny was much better than it had any right to be.

duckroll

Well it depends on scripts for me and the guy on scripts is either a pen name or he doesn't do that much work. Director is solid as Tiger and Bunny was much better than it had any right to be.

Huh? It's not a pen name. The guy does a ton of tokusatsu work. He's a huge Ultraman writer.

One day later and knowing that no more Space Dandy will come still hurts, baby.

I really hope they make a slick looking blu-ray special edition with soundtracks and the english version of Lonely Nights. The music is too good and it's a different time from Cowboy Bebop era, OST shouldn't be far fetched right?

Or they could just try not to fuck it up and adapt the best route with the best scenes AKA the common route.

10ErAhY.png

Along with a few other scenes from the other girls routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom