• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Episode 25

Not as intense as lasts weeks Raid Raptors (though how could anything top that) but this final fight to get Yuuya-oniichan or Gon into the championship is pretty intense. Yuuya-oniichans face at the end, wow.

Also Sora.
By0thOsIcAA8bCI.png

The more I think about it the more I don't want Buddy Complex to end. It was really enjoyable. Fuck me :(

Wanted more of Aoba and Hina interactions.

Gundam Build Fighters 9

china_and_caro.jpg

Mostly a comedy episode, what with the comedic rival with the noblewoman laugh who had an SD vs China's Beargguy. I wonder if the Girl's only tournament was a one off thing or are the Gunpla battles separated by Gender? Sei's final words lead to believe he's gonna go the G Gundam route with his Gunpla.

Link Man

Banned
Pani Poni Dash 2

imiufbAReUOTq.jpg

Sleep tight.

Nekomimi hair, magical girls and exploding robots. This show basically throws every gag it has at the wall, hoping it will stick. Often does, but it's easy to get lost due to the rapid-fire nature of it.

God-cat is pretty creepy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'll be looking forward to January just in case! ;-D

Because if we delve deep enough into some of his punctual reasonings we discover only Kanada's fire dragons represent true art evolution for their nation since the Hokusai paintings, and that doesn't "paint" a complete picture of his overall opinion either.

Maybe Hiroki Azuma was right all along and Mr. Murakami's primary intentions were to show with his 'hybrid art' a revenge towards that Americanization through 'pop' culture of the 1st 'otaku' wave coming from the post-WWII baby boomer generation, which pushed them towards a self-caricatured expressionism in search of a twisted identity they could truly call their own. But even taking into account that, Mr. Murakami apparently never personally resented such influence in the end, admitting he is as well a product of those times while also conforming to the present market bottom-line requests, appealing to that market instead of blatantly pursuing a critique of their consumerism as you mention... using parody to highlight clearly defining traits of the 'ota' culture, yeah that's true, but also admitting he is just presenting the culture as such without wanting any added scorn from his part. During his collaborations with KAIYODO & BOME he commented as much, in contrast to the scepticism of the sculptor.

Anyway, whatever opportunity it takes to enjoy work from people like Hiromasa Ogura (the Proto Anime Cut exhibition was like a revelation to me of how accomplished his designs can be, such detail is to be enjoyed better at the close distances) is a good one. I think ulterior motives should never stop us from trying to enjoy many different individual aspects of any project.

Which is why I added the "or he likes that anime look" at the end. :p

It's mostly a joke. While superflat might have started out as a social critique on Japan's mainstream art(like most pop art really) I think murakami have long embraced it.

Yes! Legend World cards are finally making their debut in english around the world. They came up in this new portion of Future Card Buddyfight last season, always being excellent entities. Knights of the Round Table, King Arthur! Hopefully the artists put up other Buddyfight cards on pixiv.

mankoto

Gundam SEED 2
So Kira can perfectly pilot a Gundam despite never being in one. Not bad. But apparently he and all 4 of his friends are about to go jail or at the very least being threatened for seeing government secrets. Meanwhile Archangel has taken off. Looks like Kira is going to have to fight again.

kinger256

Colorful

uHAUgBdl.jpg

Amazing. One of the best anime films I've ever seen. All the characters have a great deal of agency and realism. It also deals with suicide, which is a topic I don't feel anime deals with that often and hopes it would considering the fairly high rates of it in Japan.

The twist completely threw me off at the end. I can usually at least suspect something like this happening and looking back on it, it was a fairly obvious outcome. It really tells you how masterfully Makoto was constructed as a character,

What I loved most about it was how none of Makoto's problems were solved with silly melodrama. My favorite instance of this is the resolution between Makoto and his mom. Almost too muted, which makes it slightly unsatisfying. But then I remembered that Makoto is a middle school kid that attempts suicide and that most resolutions between parents and their kids happen in this very calm manner. I realized how thoughtfully realistic it actually was.

Recommend this to anyone not minding a fairly slow movie.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I caught you Kave_Man.

Pls! Go back years ago I used to post a decent amount in anime-gaf and manga-gaf. I'm getting back into it...slowly.

But oh snap Parasyte with an anime? I've read a few volumes of that at my library, will check out.

Peco

So uh, I'm gonna ask something stupid about FMP: am I supposed to watch Fumoffu before or after The Second Raid?

Steins;Gate - 8

They literally attempted to use time-travel to
change a person's gender.

Or did they? We don't exactly know, but it's heavily implied at the end.

The real question is, what else happened?

Averon

Buddy Complex

This is why I hate time travel stories done poorly. I'm going to rack my brain over the next few days trying to fit all the pieces together.

Jinsei 7
Those icebreakers were so bad they were funny. The voice change massage was hilarious especially with the true meaning of HHH

Gundam SEED 2
So Kira can perfectly pilot a Gundam despite never being in one. Not bad. But apparently he and all 4 of his friends are about to go jail or at the very least being threatened for seeing government secrets. Meanwhile Archangel has taken off. Looks like Kira is going to have to fight again.

You've only just scratched the surface of what our lord and savior Jesus Yamato can do.

Ho-ly shit at Parasyte. Never heard of the manga before but that preview has me sold. Can't wait!

Also, finally back to watching anime again. I took a break for a month or however long it is since I last posted in the previous thread, as I was watching far too much in very short periods of time.

I finally finished Arjuna too. Great show. Great music. Great message. Glad I watched it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is there a good monster husbando series yet?

I can't think of any, but I know monster girls are "in".

TUSR

Banned
Steins;Gate - 8

They literally attempted to use time-travel to
change a person's gender.

Or did they? We don't exactly know, but it's heavily implied at the end.

The real question is, what else happened?

Hey you're where I am. I'm not sure if I got to 9 last night. No time tonight to watch either.

I'm pretty sure he turned into a girl, it was implied but never explicitly stated.

Furyous

Hamatora

Let me get this straight...

Art kills a shitload of people, causes everyone to lose their abilities momentarily, becomes a terrorist, and yet somehow survives dying. How did he survive exactly and why were they partying with him at the end? Fuck this ending by the way.

Is there a chance we get a season 3 or was this it for the series?

Haly

Waiting patiently for the first animated googuy.

Haly

There's one this season.

Merman doesn't count!

I need like, a menagerie of monster guys.

Like Free!, but Makoto could be a dragon dude or something.

Nagisa would be a fox.

Rin is a snake.

Haru would be made of jelly.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Merman doesn't count!

I need like, a menagerie of monster guys.

Like Free!, but Makoto could be a dragon dude or something.

Nagisa would be a fox.

Rin is a snake.

Haru would be made of jelly.

Technically all tentacle hentai feature monster guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom