• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

I'm surprised you don't like FSN.

You know being the oddity that liked FSN and disliked Zero (well I dropped it after maybe 2 episodes) I wasn't going to bother with UBW, but I have given it a try and I haven't minded it. I've actually warmed a little to Rin who I disliked before I started watching UBW.

JCG

I'm surprised so many are watching Cross Ange. Is it the new 'so bad it's good?'

It might be an elaborate social experiment by Mitsuo Fukuda to prove just how much can a single anime challenge late night broadcast regulations and see how many viewers are willing to lower their own standards in the process. It's full of trashy fanservice and tasteless violence, both sexually suggestive and not. I don't know if you classify that as "so bad it's good" but I think at some point that stops being amusing and starts being insulting, unless you just watch it vicariously, through the reactions of others, in order to get the "greatest hits" without making much of an effort. But hey, if that's your thing...take a gamble and don't say you weren't warned!

Anohana - 05

By now it feels unfortunately very mediocre. Characterization seems somewhat inconsistent, the relationship between the characters isn't actually that interesting and the plot so far hardly there. The Yukiatsu cross dressing was just kinda stupid and that won't change just because you make the character cry his heart out.

Earlier I mentioned that Menma's manifestation is able to interact physically with the world in some ways. At least as far as we the audience and Jitan know currently. For example she's able to cook, eat food and touch others which they feel in some reduced form. So it would be easy to proof that she actually exists but nah, let's not tackle that aspect whatsoever.

cajunator

Banned
Anohana - 05

By now it feels unfortunately very mediocre. Characterization seems somewhat inconsistent, the relationship between the characters isn't actually that interesting and the plot so far hardly there. The Yukiatsu cross dressing was just kinda stupid and that won't change just because you make the character cry his heart out.

Earlier I mentioned that Menma's manifestation is able to interact physically with the world in some ways. At least as far as we the audience and Jitan know currently. For example she's able to cook, eat food and touch others which they feel in some reduced form. So it would be easy to proof that she actually exists but nah, let's not tackle that aspect whatsoever.

AnoHana has its heart in the right place but is maddeningly inconsistent.
It evens out though.

Noragami - 02

Another solid episode. Hiyori keeps adapting to her new 'situation' while trying to push Yato to help her. Meanwhile Yato is prioritizing scrubbing bathrooms for 5 yen a pop.
It keeps on having it's fun moments, like Hiyori looking for a divine instrument or all the unintentional gut punches. There are many 'quality' moments on the characters themselves , but most of the backgrounds and environments overall look gorgeous.
A third character was introduced in the end which I believe will make a good fit in this group, judged by the small introduction we got.
mrGvOv6.jpg
fm0ALzk.jpg
fHZosFz.jpg

Pooya

F/SN UBW problems are not just the quality of the source material. The show is hardly watchable as seemingly the director didn't have the courage or maybe talent to do anything creative with it in the adaptation process instead we're getting an almost frame by frame "faithful" adaptation with no concern for episodic TV format, pacing and audiences' patience. In the end I don't think many would find this enjoyable other than the most hardcore VN fans. It's for them. UBW could have a decent adaptation showing everything worth showing and telling in 4-5 hours instead it's like they're adapting The Hobbit to a 6 movie "saga" with extended cut to be released later on top of that. Just being pretty isn't going to cut it.

Quasar

F/SN UBW problems are not just the quality of the source material. The show is hardly watchable as seemingly the director didn't have the courage or maybe talent to do anything creative with it in the adaptation process instead we're getting an almost frame by frame "faithful" adaptation with no concern for episodic TV format, pacing and audiences' patience. In the end I don't think many would find this enjoyable other than the most hardcore VN fans. It's for them. UBW could have a decent adaptation showing everything worth showing and telling in 4-5 hours instead it's like they're adapting The Hobbit to a 6 movie "saga" with extended cut to be released later on top of that. Just being pretty isn't going to cut it.

I think its pretty clear that's not true. The hardcore VN fans would only be a sliver of the audience, and it seems clear this is pretty well liked generally.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
How does it feels to be the vilain in a magical anime , Sdburton ? Satisfied ?

I feel very, very satisfied. I don't see how people can hate the show!

I need to find another ecchi show to watch. Any suggestions? Bonus points if it has yuri (however little it may be).

Jex

Anohana - 05

I mean...you chose to watch Anohana of your own volition, I assume? You weren't forced into it? That was...unwise. I remember the lengthy discussions we had back in the day regarding 'ghost rules' - good times.

Damn the Noragami soundtrack was so good.
BONES needs to make a season 2 since I'm too lazy to read the manga!

Yeah that's another thing I'm pleased with. The 'flute' or what it's called makes me tingle every time. Though in this episode there were some random rap thrown in the end that I didn't think fit in.

cj_iwakura

Otaku no Video

Uh, wow. Its reputation is well deserved. Very interesting portrait of a changed life.

I got a strange vibe it was more satirical than anything, what with how it kept showing dates of significant real world events then stuff like 'the day Do You Remember Love debuted'.

Still, one heck of a film.

by the way, the Princess Mononoke bluray PQ is gooooorgeous.

Shame they kept the same lame cover.

I mean...you chose to watch Anohana of your own volition, I assume? You weren't forced into it? That was...unwise. I remember the lengthy discussions we had back in the day regarding 'ghost rules' - good times.

*shrug*

Gotta form your own opinions. After all, when even my favorite anime is shit I'll have to find the ones I could enjoy myself!

Also, I prefer this over being one of the 30 praising Cross Ange sardonically.

edit:
That said, I actually paused the current ep06 video because I'm not sure if I can live through this scenario. Jintan appears to be going full white-knight mode in the class room because of this entirely arbitrary and random sex/prostitution-accusation his friend is going through. If it's too bad I'll stop here and just skip through the remaining episodes quickly for the story beats.

edit2:

You gotta be kidding me:

PS: Is that you Ryuuko?

Rewatching Eureka Seven. Easily one of, if not my only, favorite Anime ever. Such a perfect mix of Science Fiction, and Romance. I have yet to find something that grabs my attention like it does since Stein's;Gate. Also has one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard, nothing tops it.

Next year will be Eureka Seven's 10 year anniversary. Fuck do I feel old. I hope BONES does something good to commemorate their best anime.

Currently at episode 28. I forgot how heart wrenching this arc is.

JCG

Rewatching Eureka Seven. Easily one of, if not my only, favorite Anime ever. Such a perfect mix of Science Fiction, and Romance. I have yet to find something that grabs my attention like it does since Stein's;Gate. Also has one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard, nothing tops it.

Next year will be Eureka Seven's 10 year anniversary. Fuck do I feel old. I hope BONES does something good to commemorate their best anime.

Hopefully something more celebratory than anything else they've made with the property so far.

Still, the original Eureka Seven is definitely a great love story with cool robots and a kickass soundtrack.

That said, even without AO being what it was, I didn't think the series needed a continuation.

Hopefully something more celebratory than anything else they've made with the property so far.

Still, the original Eureka Seven is definitely a great love story with cool robots and a kickass soundtrack.

That said, even without AO being what it was, I didn't think the series needed a continuation.

Agreed. As nice as the art was for E7:AO it was a poorly told story that would never live up to the original.

Akame ga Kill 23

Legendary Arm is a fucking gundam. What the fuck man.
And then they had the balls to kill off Tatsumi as well? Holy fuck this anime has been a cluster fuck. And why the fuck was everyone else just kinda fucking standing there during the entire fight. Like holy shit! Every episode of the last ten has been just awful and it like the studio adapting it has no idea what the fuck they are doing.

Twintails 09

Dat quality. Can't get every episode right I suppose.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Akame ga Kill 23

Legendary Arm is a fucking gundam. What the fuck man.
And then they had the balls to kill off Tatsumi as well? Holy fuck this anime has been a cluster fuck. And why the fuck was everyone else just kinda fucking standing there during the entire fight. Like holy shit! Every episode of the last ten has been just awful and it like the studio adapting it has no idea what the fuck they are doing.
Well from what I heard, the show is trying to do an anime original ending. IIRC, everything after episode 21 does not happen in the manga.

And yeah, that's some Gurren shit right there.

e_i

Martian Successor Nadesico

Really, that's how it ends? Really? With
Akito and Yurika kissing--which causes SOMEHOW the Nadesico to jump and escape the Jovians? The FUCK?!
And what's with the Jovian loli saying she'll become
Minato's husband?
And oh yeah, the
war isn't over.

Himemiya

Yurumates 3D 6-13

Everyone has a carefree and fun lifestyle and then, ah, her New Year's resolution... Kotatsu getting stuck to the wall was funny. There was no ending to the show and they just introduced a new character, so I need to watch Yurumates 3D Plus soon. Also the OP was intolerable.

gdgd Fairies S2 6-8

Hot springs episode probably the lowest point of the show, but using an old man as a vehicle warms my heart no matter how many times I see it.

So these are the two missing silhouettes. Please excuse us if it's terribly easy and should be known. Our knowledge of the genre is quite little.

14msks4.png
special1odjqg.png

That's either Touga Kiryuu holding a rose or the Zetsuai 1989 guy with a mic.

The emperor's ultimate Imperial Arms is a giant death robot. Tatsumi evolves Incursio to stand a chance, defeats it, but sacrifices himself to spare some civilian casualties...though the emperor had to kill hundreds if not thousands from beam spam.
Man that sound ridiculous and ..so disapointing .

Tell me when there's female character that doing more badass thing than climbing mountain.
are we talking this year or in general ?
I feel very, very satisfied. I don't see how people can hate the show!

I need to find another ecchi show to watch. Any suggestions? Bonus points if it has yuri (however little it may be).

I might have suggestions but you were gone so long i don't even know what are the last anime you've watched before your return. What are the last animes you saw ?

CorvoSol

Start with the first ep of Fate/Zero. Stop at the last ep of Fate/Zero.

Start with the first episode and end at episode 23 of Fate/Zero.

Oh oh oh speaking of which! Let's do this so I don't have to talk about this anymore.

Cuz I am fucking done with this series.

Fate/Zero Series Final Thoughts

Alright, let's just get her out of the way so we can talk about other things, okay? Yes, I hated Saber and yes she was a show ruining piece of shit that the author favored and yes I despised her for daring to prance about like she was King Arthur when she was the furthest thing from it conceivable.

I will dispense with that last argument, however, after saying this: Although I believe considerable leeway is granted to an author who chooses to use a popular character from myth, legend, or history, when they choose to do so, I do believe that a burden is incurred as well. That burden being the justification to the viewer for the use of this character. A part of that burden must, inevitably, be a preservation of this character in one way or another.

If you cannot do that, you should not use that character. Suppose with me I wanted to write a story about Santa Claus in the Zombie Apocalypse. All well enough. Nobody owns Santa, and I can take a pretty broad departure if I want to in surface traits. If I want to make Santa Claus black instead of white, or a woman instead of a man, that's fine, as long as it's still Santa Claus. He still has to deliver presents to children, ride a sleigh, wear the red getup and laugh ho ho ho at least once.

Consider: if you take every piece out of the boat and replace it with a new piece, is it still the same boat? If you change enough elements of a legendary character, are they still really that same character? Even characters as widely variable as Arthur are going to have a breaking point, and I'd put it to you that Saber passes that by quite some distance.

Obviously, Saber isn't the only character to do this in the show. Gilgamesh follows closely behind on the list of strangely out of step characters with his weird collection of weapons (which frankly I remain suspicious are more inspired by Final Fantasy's Gilgamesh than Mesopotamia's). His arrogance and bishounen aspects struck me as odd as well, since Gilgamesh's defining moments to me include befriending the man sent to kill him and a long, sobering quest to try and come to terms with that friend's death. That said, I can see the interpretation if this Gilgamesh were the younger King who demanded First Night rights, claimed to have done and seen everything before his story even began, and the courageous, albeit arrogant decision to turn down the advances of a Goddess.

At times, I give the writer credit for realizing he'd strayed from character origins and just rolled with it. I doubt that Bluebeard would have been as fun if he hadn't been wildly more insane than a man who managed to conceal multiple child murders during his life, and Iskandar flat out shrugs when confronted with his own inaccuracy. Let me use this to segue, then, into the actual, real complaint with Saber. Not simply the personal dislike based upon a hilarious mockery of the character of Arthur.

Saber isn't a well written character. Oh, to be sure, there's an abundance of the kind of writing that can readily be lain at the feet of shonen anime in general going on in this show. There are fair complaints to be made about a lot of people. Ryuunoske is such a cliched laughing murderer that he probably makes The Joker look terribly nuanced by comparison. The offense is greatly enlarged, though, by the fact that Saber rules the lion's share of the plot. Or, well, Saber and the Einzbern team.

The chief issues with Saber are that she essentially amounts to the same character as Asuna from Sword Art Online: An alleged badass with unshakeable ideals who needs men to talk her through everything and bail her out constantly. It takes until the 24th episode for Saber to win any fights at all (and she only does so off-screen.) She needs frequently bailed out from fights, even after men have handed her victory on a silver platter and gone out of their way to snap their spears to help her out. It's idiotic to say she's better in fair fights for the simple fact that nobody ever has the odds more stacked in their favor than her.

It's never more obvious than when Saber spends forever charging up her magic sword attack one time, and then never needs this charge time ever again. She can rapidly fire it at Rider, and Gilgamesh lets his guard down and turns his back on her when she uses it again for no reason at all.

But even beyond battle, she's just handled very poorly. It's terribly obvious the writer is playing favorites with this character, and it has an overall averse effect on her. She's incompetent, she's unintelligent, and yet the show justifies her on several occasions it simply shouldn't. It gives her Iris just so she can have someone to tell her how good she is. It has several characters fall in love with her.

Enough of that, though. I've ranted and rambled long enough about this character. Let me finish my complaints out about the rest quickly so I might conclude with what I did enjoy.

I didn't like Kiritsugu. At all. I felt his back story came incredibly late for things that were meant to be a major motivation for his character.

Similarly, I felt that Kirei transitioned from an equally unmotivated character to a laughing madman without sufficient grounds for it to happen.

Irisviel was painfully one note, and Maiya wasn't any better. I struggle, actually, to name a well-written woman in this show.

Tohsaka was also pretty dull, but I suppose that he was meant to be there to be a decoy final villain, so I'll excuse it.

Lastly, I really think the Grail cheated at the end of the show. Not only was Waver still alive, but Kirei was as well. No way should it have automatically begun granting Kiritsugu his wish. There were still two-to-three unsacrificed Servants running about, with at least one or two masters who weren't dead and a potential recipient for his numerous seals. Frankly Kiritsugu had quite a bit of clean up left to go before he could lay claim, but what's more is that I don't recall any of the required ceremony taking place.

On a list of technical complaints and wishes, I confess I did not enjoy the abundance of CGI, I did not like the way faces of women were drawn in this show, and I kind of would have liked more duels than I got. Especially not-Saber duels.

Moving right along, let's talk about what I did like.

First and foremost among these is Rider and Waver. Now, it's been pointed out that much of Rider's deal is that he's a large ham, and I'm comfortable in admitting that yes, that's entirely true. I'm a sucker for large hams. The other large ham in the show, Caster, will get his due mention in a moment, and I confess I think I preferred the hammy Kirei at show's end to the stoic one at show's beginning.

But I don't think that that's all there is to Rider and Waver. They have a very mentor and whiny kid hero motif going on that's also admittedly old as time itself. It was such a cliche that Rider's loss was inevitable. However, what really makes this pair special is the execution. Rider made certain to build up Waver using every thing at his disposal. Specifically, Rider made use of the events around him to build up Waver at every turn. Whether it was by bragging about him with much bravado during the first major battle, giving him responsibility during the Caster incident or at the end when they had an "Aladdin releases the Genie" moment, I couldn't help but appreciate the investment that was going on there.

Indeed, it was the best arc of the show, I think, with proper building, believable setbacks and a satisfactory conclusion. I feared Saber and Kiritsugu's screen hogging would soil the standard shonen message, and was dully surprised to find it turned to "Live to the Fullest" instead of "Being Badass Bros Equals Victory"

Next up is Kariya Matou. Berserker is an admitted noncharacter, so we'll skip over him. I felt that Kariya was criminally underused. He was the one champion with a clearly good goal in mind. He'd made enormous personal sacrifices for it, and the symbolism of the deal he'd struck destroying his body as it destroyed his character was fairly well done, I feel. His upsetting defeat wasn't inevitable, and if anybody had good reason to want to kill masters and not just servants, it was him.

I loved Caster for his over-the-top insanity and for being the one villain who wasn't trying to achieve shades of grey (and consequently the one villain who I feel really did.) For all his insanity, Bluebeard's rantings actually came across as spot on time and time again. The epithet "Holy Virgin" is an apt one for Saber, and his demise showed that Joan of Arc did look a lot like Arthur's shitty daughter. The idea of a man caught in a struggle against an apathetic God to free a woman who no longer remembers him is compelling, and made all the more so by the ever-so-slightly sane Caster.

Lastly, I actually really did enjoy Kirei and Gilgamesh. It's evident that Gilgamesh influences Kirei's transformation, and on paper I don't object to it too much. I feel the switch was too drastic and too fast, but I appreciate that work went into it and I even appreciate the work in and of itself. As a pair of final villains they made an interesting, levelheaded couple, rather than the mustache twirling nutcases so many anime reduce villains to at the end.

Ultimately, I will not be carrying on with the series. I don't really think it is for me. I don't regret what I watched, and I don't feel its unworthy of the enjoyment so many get out of it. The concept of history and myth's greats duking it out for wishes is a great springboard. I concede the author's right to make some crazy changes and twists there and here, and I welcome the occasionally poorly defined magical world he's built as a place that I think teenagers would probably enjoy a lot.

I don't think it's for me in part because I used to drink up mythology as a kid, and I guess I get stuck on things in ways a lot of people don't. But also I feel like the writing no longer falls under the kind of stuff I guess I'm into. I don't know how to describe it, so I won't bore you with it in too much length, but I think I'm beyond this style of writing, you know? This writing transparent moves made to set up the heroes for whatever the author had in store.

In any case, I enjoyed parts of the show a great deal, and for that I will count the watchbet a net gain and choose to focus on the positive rather than the negative, even if the negative prevents me from pursuing the series any further.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Start with the first episode and end at episode 23 of Fate/Zero.

Oh oh oh speaking of which! Let's do this so I don't have to talk about this anymore.

Cuz I am fucking done with this series.

Fate/Zero Series Final Thoughts

You've grown so much Corvo-chan~ :')

Akame ga Kill! 18-23

Just caught up with the last few. Man fuck this show :( All my faves dropping like flies.

Really enjoyed 23. I was wondering where the fuck was
Akame the entire fight? Glad Wave got some time to shine on their side. I also thought it was bizarre no one bothered to kill off the minister during the fight. Like cmon bro.

And man they really had the balls to
kill off Tatsumi eh? Shit man, and his evolved form of incursio looked so badass too.

Next week looks amazing.

For those wondering why the emperor is so stupid, well, 1) hes a fucking kid 2) hes been manipulated for years 3) hes a little ass kid.

My one hope is that the reincarnation of me based upon myths about me happens to be taller than I am and not a whiny little girl.

Sorry but since the
grail has access to alternate dimensions of every hero in existence ( past of future ) , that won't be you but the alternate Corvo in another dimension that happens to be a girl by chance.

You're not lucky , are you ?

VRMN

Picking this up when I skipped it during its initial run because I wasn't going to pay Funimation's Elite subscription when it was the only show they had that season I cared to watch. Figure I should watch it now since AotY voting is coming up and I'd like to be informed about it as probably the most acclaimed show this year I haven't watched.

Thankfully I was prepared for the unorthodox style beforehand and was already over it. Not sure it would have bugged me in either event, but it's definitely striking and doesn't feel like a cost-cutting measure. Tatami Galaxy is one of my top-five all-time, so looking different is hardly a deal breaker for me.

That said, I tend to not watch sport anime. I like sports well enough, but I prefer to watch the real deal to fictional drama about those games. It almost always needs a hook somewhere else, where the sport is a backdrop and not the actual focus, for me to get into it. Bamboo Blade (comedy), Taisho Baseball Girls (gender roles), Girls und Panzer (unorthodox sport, family expectations)...I wouldn't say I loved those shows, but I had more patience for them because there was more to it than the club/team/sport and competing in said sport.

This first episode seemed to have something more behind it than just ping pong, but it was centered on the sport and I didn't necessarily have enough knowledge of it to follow all their conversations. The grips and handedness and advanced tactics all went way over my head. But it didn't stop me from seeing the different approaches the three main characters had towards the game and what it says about them. Definitely intrigued by how much it said about those three without actually saying it in words. Showing, not telling, is always a good way to impress me in a visual medium.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Picking this up when I skipped it during its initial run because I wasn't going to pay Funimation's Elite subscription when it was the only show they had that season I cared to watch. Figure I should watch it now since AotY voting is coming up and I'd like to be informed about it as probably the most acclaimed show this year I haven't watched.

Thankfully I was prepared for the unorthodox style beforehand and was already over it. Not sure it would have bugged me in either event, but it's definitely striking and doesn't feel like a cost-cutting measure. Tatami Galaxy is one of my top-five all-time, so looking different is hardly a deal breaker for me.

That said, I tend to not watch sport anime. I like sports well enough, but I prefer to watch the real deal to fictional drama about those games. It almost always needs a hook somewhere else, where the sport is a backdrop and not the actual focus, for me to get into it. Bamboo Blade (comedy), Taisho Baseball Girls (gender roles), Girls und Panzer (unorthodox sport, family expectations)...I wouldn't say I loved those shows, but I had more patience for them because there was more to it than the club/team/sport and competing in said sport.

This first episode seemed to have something more behind it than just ping pong, but it was centered on the sport and I didn't necessarily have enough knowledge of it to follow all their conversations. The grips and handedness and advanced tactics all went way over my head. But it didn't stop me from seeing the different approaches the three main characters had towards the game and what it says about them. Definitely intrigued by how much it said about those three without actually saying it in words. Showing, not telling, is always a good way to impress me in a visual medium.

Ping Pong is the GOAT sport* anime so I doubt you'll be disappointed

Grisaia - 10

Damn it'll be hard to do a better misunderstanding scene than this :

That's really a very intresting way to misinterpret things.
Perfect exemple of chaos theory.

Anyway the episode was alright , that flashback is not going to end well and the "order" is sure to be a weight, i can smell the forshadowing.
Yuuji sister is something else ..that's for sure .. what's with that familly ?

Akame ga Kill 23

Suddenly, hot-blooded mech action!

As exciting as the presentation is, this is WAY too optimistic for this series. It's even got the cheesy "epic" music down as if it was a black and white fight to save the world and not a more grey if not over the top skirmish. Also, the
main character is dead.

This is probably the weirdest original anime ending I've seen other than Gantz.

Blusby

Akame ga Kill! 23: Best episode in the whole series, only episode other than 11 to both look nice and have cool action set pieces.

Selector spread Wixoss - 10

Can i slap Mayu ?

I mean CAN I SLAP HER ? HARD ?

She deserves it

I mean goddamn , this episode did moves things a lot in various directions , but it's now clearer than ever that Mayu is just a petty child that throw a tantrum when someone is doing something unexpected.

As for our heroine , WTF .?? "'ill go talk to her" is not a plan, especially since your plan is to undo the whole selector system without any power in the negociations

Talk about a bad plan.

Jarmel

Banned
Lastly, I really think the Grail cheated at the end of the show. Not only was Waver still alive, but Kirei was as well. No way should it have automatically begun granting Kiritsugu his wish. There were still two-to-three unsacrificed Servants running about, with at least one or two masters who weren't dead and a potential recipient for his numerous seals. Frankly Kiritsugu had quite a bit of clean up left to go before he could lay claim, but what's more is that I don't recall any of the required ceremony taking place.

The Grail does what it wants. It wasn't a proper Grail at the end at this causes some issues down the road for Fate/Stay Night actually. Kiri was the winner of the War and so the Grail came early and fucked things up, as it's prone to do.

Next up is Kariya Matou. Berserker is an admitted noncharacter, so we'll skip over him. I felt that Kariya was criminally underused. He was the one champion with a clearly good goal in mind. He'd made enormous personal sacrifices for it, and the symbolism of the deal he'd struck destroying his body as it destroyed his character was fairly well done, I feel. His upsetting defeat wasn't inevitable, and if anybody had good reason to want to kill masters and not just servants, it was him.

I disagree with Kariya wasn't underused. He had a similar issue Saber does, in that he's bound by both his honor and love, and in the end he drowns because of them. He also wasn't a real mage and as shown by his battle with Tohsaka, the only reason he lasted as long as he did was due to Berserker. He had a proper climax for his character development and everything after that was additional suffering.

Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete - 10

I have no idea what loophole they will find to get out of this mess , but they sure have to find it , because as much as i like yuu ( a very great character ) this path is headed toward doom.
Ushinawareta%20Mirai%20wo%20Motomete%20-%2010.jpg

>I'm one of those Furukawa-nists , now too <
And it's a shame since i like the character. many question i had ( why didn't do things sooner ? why isn't them telling that ) have been answered. ( Damn those rules are harsh )

I'm rooting for you , yuu ...but goddamn that drama ... it was innevitable , doesn't make it less a problem.

Mature

They don't stop to educate about the various specific nuances of the sport because, ultimately, they're not important to what the core of the show is. Ping Pong is only very loosely a "sports" anime— which I'm sure you can already tell.

The Grail does what it wants. It wasn't a proper Grail at the end at this causes some issues down the road for Fate/Stay Night actually. Kiri was the winner of the War and so the Grail came early and fucked things up, as it's prone to do.

I disagree with Kariya wasn't underused. He had a similar issue Saber does, in that he's bound by both his honor and love, and in the end he drowns because of them. He also wasn't a real mage and as shown by his battle with Tohsaka, the only reason he lasted as long as he did was due to Berserker. He had a proper climax for his character development and everything after that was additional suffering.

Kariya was criminally underused in the dub though. Because Liam O'Brien was voicing him, he deserves all of the lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom