• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, well I see people disagree with me. Murano is much better at least.

Glad to hear, I was doubting at this point how I missed some flaws when I read the manga, as I remembered it a bit better than the anime.

What's the critical moment? Write it in a spoiler.

well maybe not "critical" but
she says she likes "wild guys" and that's what she saw in Shinichi's eyes. better than in the anime where she just starts following him because he's like "interesting" or whatever. I don't think it's explained very well.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - 01

Pretty good start. I hope this has a rich universe, a la mass effect or star wars/trek. These enemy alien seem to have similar vehicle architecture to humans.. in before they're just different colored humans.
I like the concept of humanity having to seek shelter underground. Taking that jet fighter from the hangar might not have been the brightest idea, but muh revenge!
Okita looks pretty bad ass. Also dem nurses. It feels like an adventure is about to begin, heres hoping it will be grand.
r4wf880.jpg
AqlG8go.jpg
MR5fVTo.jpg

Vito

Banned
Take a deep breath, man.

That guy is about the dumbest guy you can find on anime twitter, tries to get attention by copying anything that gets you a RT. I'm pretty sure you can get some sort of infection by RTing :p

Anyways, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? / Danmachi anime visual in the back (the one with Yasuda designs)

Website: http://danmachi.com/ maybe it updates in an hour, maybe later, I dunno, should be a PV though, at least there's one at Comiket. I know yenpress picked up the books. http://www.yenpress.com/is-it-wrong-dungeon/

All i see is those wixoss chibi pictures on the left.

Speaking of chibi ....
trigre-kun & the vanadichuuu
Trully the best thing this adaptation has done.
Those little skits were funny , on character and just the right lenght.
I hope that the blu-ray will fix the background of the original anime so i can buy it without too much regrets.

Clov

I'm glad this thread reminded me that Wonder existed. Just finished watching it, and well... it's wonderful! The animation is so fluid, and the soundtrack is lovely! Gives everything a very lighthearted feeling. I love how colorful everything is, and how creative the transitions are. I also loved how everything sped up towards the end of the short, becoming more hectic. It's just pure psychedelic fun! To me, it's works like this that show the full potential of animation. It's a work of pure imagination from the director, and it's an absolute joy to watch.

cajunator

Banned
That guy is about the dumbest guy you can find on anime twitter, tries to get attention by copying anything that gets you a RT. I'm pretty sure you can get some sort of infection by RTing :p

Anyways, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? / Danmachi anime visual in the back (the one with Yasuda designs)

Website: http://danmachi.com/ maybe it updates in an hour, maybe later, I dunno, should be a PV though, at least there's one at Comiket. I know yenpress picked up the books. http://www.yenpress.com/is-it-wrong-dungeon/

Pleiades <3
Makes me so happy.

Nafe

Hope you had a good Christmas animegaf

Unfortunately not.

I just don't understand how this argument works. How long does an anime need to be before it can have any 'narrative' or 'thematic' weight? 8 minutes? 11 minutes? What's the magic number? Don't you realise how ridiculous this line of reasoning is?

You know, I think if a painting isn't big enough they shouldn't put it in a museum. If a painting is too small, it can't really have any theme or artistic value at all.

angels egg = less art&#8482; than star wars ep 3 cus length

Trying to catch up with the thread and reading this reminds me of earlier where someone was saying that Makoto Shinkai was a pretentious hack because his movies had detailed visuals but more simplistic themed stories to go with them. It essentially came across that only movies with complex narratives were allowed to have complex visuals and simplistic stories should have simplistic visuals otherwise you're work is pretentious.

Don't know if I can handle the groundbreaking originality of this concept.

If it ends up being K-ON! mach 2 like the trailer makes it look, should be good! Nice to see an obscure instrument like the euphonium take the spotlight. Also nice seeing female low brass players represented; they're rather uncommon in my experience.

HappinessCharge Precure 46

5okEfTp.jpg
u7yxVIE.jpg

Where the images are not from HapCha

Ow the Edge antics happen, filled with mooning and rather interesting shots after being defeated (as in I'm no sure how it was allowed). The most important thing to take from this is that
Tender and the International Cures arrive to help. Even Cure Australia

And fucking crying.

bryanee

The anime adapted the light novels .
what was adapted were book 1 & 2.

We have 6 times more content ready to be animated if someone wants too.
this kinda explain why most of the plots points about ente isla are glossed over or not solved for this 13 eps.

the anime has no fillers and doesnt go an original ending 90% of those were in the books

Thank you for that. Good to know. I hope we get another season.

Space Dandy 01

World/Galaxy building was good. I like the animation and artstyle. Can't say I'm a fan of the crass humour. Is it like this throughout?

Narag

Unfortunately not.

2015 is nearly here to save us all.

Space Dandy 01

World/Galaxy building was good. I like the animation and artstyle. Can't say I'm a fan of the crass humour. Is it like this throughout?

No, there's like a dozen eps that stray away from the comedy instead opting for some heartfelt stories, some solo character exploration, or just a showcase of individual creators.

Articalys

Asking this in the middle of the start of Comiket is probably tantamount to asking for it to be completely ignored, but anyway: would anybody be interested in a sort of "Best of Fall 2014 Season Technical Awards" voting? Just for this thread. Stuff like Best Art Direction, Best Sound Direction, Best Animation, Best Soundtrack, Best Backgrounds, etc.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Asking this in the middle of the start of Comiket is probably tantamount to asking for it to be completely ignored, but anyway: would anybody be interested in a sort of "Best of Fall 2014 Season Technical Awards" voting? Just for this thread. Stuff like Best Art Direction, Best Sound Direction, Best Animation, Best Soundtrack, Best Backgrounds, etc.
Given the difficulty involved in quantifying many of these it's hard to see a "Best" kind of thing working very well. I would be interested in seeing people cite examples of excellent technical elements of shows throughout the year though.

Just for this thread? Putting a bunch of voting in here sounds like a mess.

Quasar

I don't really feel I'm qualified to do much of that. Maybe best visual presentation, best opening/close, best song, best soundtrack, best actor.

But things like direction in animation I have trouble with. Am I looking at best direction of the actors? Or art direction?

No, there's like a dozen eps that stray away from the comedy instead opting for some heartfelt stories, some solo character exploration, or just a showcase of individual creators.

Cool. I'll give it a few more episodes to let the narrative tone develop.

Caladrius

Well, it's been a long time since I set foot in here.

More to the point, at Dakkumauji's and another friend's behest I started Season 2 of Free. (I stopped midway through the first one because I hated the central plot).

Free! S2e1.

While it's still a smidge too serious for my taste, the conflict this time doesn't feel nearly as forced, and Rin seems like less of an insufferable putz.
Nagisa, Rei and Makoto don't seem to get much of any focus, though. I hope that isn't indicative of their role in the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom