• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Akane's magnificence left Jarmel speechless.

ze6Xj2Y.gif

Madoka Rebellion

lQakViE.gif

It was a feast for the eyes, but what the fuck did I just watch
The moment I saw
Mami with Charlotte
I paused and stared at the screen for roughly a minute trying to recall what happened in the series

Madoka Rebellion

The moment I saw
Mami with Charlotte
I paused and stared at the screen for roughly a minute trying to recall what happened in the series
All glory and praise to Mami.

Homura is scum.

~wan

Madoka Rebellion

lQakViE.gif

The moment I saw
Mami with Charlotte

When I got to the Cake scene I really had no clue what was going on and just rode with it

rrvv

Madoka Rebellion

The moment I saw
Mami with Charlotte

best thing that come out from madoka franchise

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lupin III: Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone

Retained the wonderful art style from The Woman Named Fujiko Mine. Unfortunately, it has a lot of other baggage from Fujiko Mine as well, like Fujiko herself, and the clumsy expositioning.

What I wouldn't give for a serious Lupin story animated by this team.

Haly

Oh my god.

I just realized what the "The round cake goes round in circles." refers to: Homu's timelooping.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

based shaft

Beefeater

Banned
Lupin III: Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone

Retained the wonderful art style from The Woman Named Fujiko Mine. Unfortunately, it has a lot of other baggage from Fujiko Mine as well, like Fujiko herself, and the clumsy expositioning.

What I wouldn't give for a serious Lupin story animated by this team.

A serious one? I thought Fujiko and Jigen were way too serious. Or do you mean "proper"?

I assume there was some deep meaning I could never discern nor did I ever look up but all I figured out was
Homura = Pumpkins because she's a witch. I guess.

Haly

A serious one? I thought Fujiko and Jigen were way too serious. Or do you mean "proper"?

I mean written with subtlety and nuance, rather than having the characters talk about things they wouldn't talk about unless they were aware of the audience. This just totally kills any story for me.

Arjuna 10-13 END

Arjuna may as well hold a special place in not only my heart, but the heart of my friends. A show in which we came to only really like two characters; Tokio and Sayuri. Although the latter was more for glasses. We had something for Juna, and by that, I mean a sense of no-love, but lack of hate as well. Just some loathing.

Fucking Chris though, we never beat fucking Chris. The Progenitor of everything we loathed in this fucking nature show, a rather riffable nature show. A show that we procrastinated on for more than 3 months, partly to watch Super YoYo and Golden Boy at the same time. A show that legitimately made us angry and broken enough to not watch Puni Puni Poemy despite it being the intended cleanser of our souls.

Watching Arjuna sort of felt like seeing the fleeting goodness of an internet community forum, smothered in the usual loathing that may as well be interpreted as "You like X? You're the biggest piece of shit I've ever met". It's like watching a show made by a Level 5 Vegan. A vegan who transcends the odds of a regular Vegan, not to mention impossible to even comprehend. Well not really, I get the whole uselessness without oil.

Although I find it odd that Vegan is something that pops to my mind, given the general aspect of episode 9. All this show really did is make Juna into one of the creepiest people you've ever met. But a lot of that can't be because of her own doing. A lot of that can be attributed to Fucking Chris. And Fucking Cindy as well
That one dude explaining cooks cooking food for other people having more weigh made Cindy cry. That was fucking hilarious

Chris really is the worst though. He's literally a functioning forum community on his own, berating people because your cryptic bullshit was too hard to understand. Said cryptic bullshit was what ruined both Tokio and Sayuri. He may as well have a moving goalpost.

The fact that I stalled on this for over 3 months did nothing to stop us from being broken after this journey, and proceeded to fuck with us in Puni Puni Poemy. It ruined fun, It ruined cleansing, it even made me contemplating to stop doing several things
because I hate the idea of eating Chris

Again though, there are some things I can get, some of it being hilarious
Like Juna going I CAN'T EAT THIS WHEN ANOTHER FIRST WORLD COUNTRY IS ON THE BRINKS OF DEATH, only for whatsherface to make her realize she never gave a shit about black people in africa starving.
but the sheer amount of hate exuding from this only serves to breed anger.

This was probably the worst thing I have ever watched this year of 2014. And I watched Doki Doki Precure!

Jarmel

Banned
Oh my god.

I just realized what the "The round cake goes round in circles." refers to: Homu's timelooping.

based shaft

Pumpkin refers to Homu being a witch. Cheese is Mami and Bebe wanting to eat cheese refers to the original timeline, which hints at this being the new timeline. Based Madoka's melon line is about her sacrificing herself to give pleasant dreams to all.

"Atop the plate is the dream of the cat". How many cats are in Madoka? Oh and the stars in the cat's eyes refer to you-know-who being from space.

Shit is 2deep4me.

Haly

Pumpkin refers to Homu being a witch. Cheese is Mami and Bebe wanting to eat cheese refers to the original timeline, which hints at this being the new timeline. Based Madoka's melon line is about her sacrificing herself to give pleasant dreams to all.

ioPNX64p1pkc2.gif

"Atop the plate is the dream of the cat". How many cats are Madoka? Oh and the stars in the cat's eyes refer to you-know-who being from space.

Shit is 2deep4me.
I just got my fucking mind blown.

~WAAN

Haly

"Atop the plate is the dream of the cat". How many cats are in Madoka? Oh and the stars in the cat's eyes refer to you-know-who being from space.

Shit is 2deep4me.
ibq5X6ZAZSkxPj.gif

Haly

Jesus, I thought that song was just uguu nonsense the first time around.
crazy.gif

Haly

WONDER

A thing. Not quite sure if it's anime but it's definitely animation.

Haly

Homura traveled through time to erase your sins before you ever sinned.

Praised be her name.

Jarmel

Banned
Oh and some additional analysis:

"And the dream tonight is a bitter one"-Self explanatory

"I'm the raspberry"- Raspberries can represent protection. Sayaka retains her memories and in a way acts as a guard for the dream they're in.

"I'm the apple"- This one's kinda hard but I guess it refers to Kyoko being an original. Apples can represent health and so in this case, Kyoko is a natural part of this timeline. Also one of Kyoko's last scenes has her with the apples in the new world.

Oh my god.

based shaft

Not only that, the table is constantly turning counter clockwise.

Oh and some additional analysis:

"And the dream tonight is a bitter one"-Self explanatory

"I'm the raspberry"- Raspberries can represent protection. Sayaka retains her memories and in a way acts as a guard for the dream they're in.

"I'm the apple"- This one's kinda hard but I guess it refers to Kyoko being an original. Apples can represent health and so in this case, Kyoko is a natural part of this timeline. Also one of Kyoko's last scenes has her with the apples in the new world.

I'm not sure about the raspberry and the apple. Apples are often used as the forbidden fruit. Reading some berry symbolism, raspberries supposedly represent fertility.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm not sure about the raspberry and the apple. Apples are often used as the forbidden fruit. Reading some berry symbolism, raspberries supposedly represent fertility.

Forbidden fruit really doesn't work in this context though unless it's something like Kyoko being abducted, similar to Snow White.

Raspberries can represent protection because of the thorns.

Rage of Bahamut 12

While the show didn't maintain the lofty quality it set out on, it still managed to at least be enjoyable at the end.

I'd watch another season of Favaro and Kaiser bro-ing out and catching bounties.

Branduil

Arjuna 10-13 END

Arjuna may as well hold a special place in not only my heart, but the heart of my friends. A show in which we came to only really like two characters; Tokio and Sayuri. Although the latter was more for glasses. We had something for Juna, and by that, I mean a sense of no-love, but lack of hate as well. Just some loathing.

Fucking Chris though, we never beat fucking Chris. The Progenitor of everything we loathed in this fucking nature show, a rather riffable nature show. A show that we procrastinated on for more than 3 months, partly to watch Super YoYo and Golden Boy at the same time. A show that legitimately made us angry and broken enough to not watch Puni Puni Poemy despite it being the intended cleanser of our souls.

Watching Arjuna sort of felt like seeing the fleeting goodness of an internet community forum, smothered in the usual loathing that may as well be interpreted as "You like X? You're the biggest piece of shit I've ever met". It's like watching a show made by a Level 5 Vegan. A vegan who transcends the odds of a regular Vegan, not to mention impossible to even comprehend. Well not really, I get the whole uselessness without oil.

Although I find it odd that Vegan is something that pops to my mind, given the general aspect of episode 9. All this show really did is make Juna into one of the creepiest people you've ever met. But a lot of that can't be because of her own doing. A lot of that can be attributed to Fucking Chris. And Fucking Cindy as well
That one dude explaining cooks cooking food for other people having more weigh made Cindy cry. That was fucking hilarious

Chris really is the worst though. He's literally a functioning forum community on his own, berating people because your cryptic bullshit was too hard to understand. Said cryptic bullshit was what ruined both Tokio and Sayuri. He may as well have a moving goalpost.

The fact that I stalled on this for over 3 months did nothing to stop us from being broken after this journey, and proceeded to fuck with us in Puni Puni Poemy. It ruined fun, It ruined cleansing, it even made me contemplating to stop doing several things
because I hate the idea of eating Chris

Again though, there are some things I can get, some of it being hilarious
Like Juna going I CAN'T EAT THIS WHEN ANOTHER FIRST WORLD COUNTRY IS ON THE BRINKS OF DEATH, only for whatsherface to make her realize she never gave a shit about black people in africa starving.
but the sheer amount of hate exuding from this only serves to breed anger.

This was probably the worst thing I have ever watched this year of 2014. And I watched Doki Doki Precure!
But why does it feel so good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom