• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned

CYLpZ7F.png
Tried making ZSS. meh

Blusby

So apparently people from the first episode screening for Yuri Kuma Arashi have said that it had
......gore.......
, I'm even more interested in it now.

Thoraxes

So apparently people from the first episode screening for Yuri Kuma Arashi have said that it had
......gore.......

Based on the premise, i'd say I expected it.
So... I am in the mood for some Piano, but alas I am failing to come up with many Anime songs with a decent focus of Piano and vocals such as is found in no game no life opening or SUEMITSU & THE SUEMITH Allegro Cantabile (the Nodame opening but the video is fun :p) or Nana's Winter Sleep

anyone have any suggestions for songs with a decent piano focus like those songs?

The Angel Beats OP has lots of piano in it. Also lots of piano sampling mixing too.

zulux21

Based on the premise, i'd say I expected it.

my favorite use of a bear in anime was in a show you didn't expect someone to be fighting one.

this scene is still one of my favorite fights in Ippo

The Angel Beats OP has lots of piano in it. Also lots of piano sampling mixing too.

ah, thanks for that one, that one was the one I knew I knew but I couldn't remember it :p

oddly enough I had been sitting here trying to remember the angel beats insert songs, but I couldn't remember any with a focus on piano ><;

......gore.......
The bears do mention eating girls in the PVs.

Perhaps that wasn't just a metaphor

~wan

Thoraxes

my favorite use of a bear in anime was in a show you didn't expect someone to be fighting one.

this scene is still one of my favorite fights in Ippo

ah, thanks for that one, that one was the one I knew I knew but I couldn't remember it :p

oddly enough I had been sitting here trying to remember the angel beats insert songs, but I couldn't remember any with a focus on piano ><;

Some other piano OPs and EDs I can remember off the top of my head include Welcome to the NHK (ED), TWGOK III (ED), Galilei Donna (ED), Kimi ni Todake (OP), Gargantia (OP), Outbreak CompanyED), and Penguindrum (full OP version), iirc. There's a nice official piano rendition of the Rinne no Lagrange OP too.

I don't know how prevalent you want the piano to be though, but these seem to have it more through the entire pieces.

The bears do mention eating girls in the PVs.

Perhaps that wasn't just a metaphor

~wan

"Some time ago, the asteroid Kumaria exploded in the depths of space.

The resulting fragments became a meteor shower that rained down on Earth, and for some reason, bears all over the world rose up and attacked humanity! In "Man vs. Bear," the bears ate the humans and the humans shot the bears, resulting in a seemingly unending battle and a cycle of hatred. In the end, a giant "Wall of Extinction" was erected between the humans and bears and a state of mutual nonaggression came to pass...

The human world.

One morning, Arashigaoka Academy students Kureha Tsubaki and Sumika Izumino were by themselves and saw the "Yuri Flower" that bloomed in a flower bed. The two are friends as well as lovers. The flower bed is an important place to the two. At that moment, the Bear Alarms ring out! The bears are invading the human world, and humans are being attacked! Are they really those bears? One mystery invokes yet another mystery, one after another. The curtain rises magnificently on Yuri Kuma Arashi!"

gao gao~

zulux21

Some other piano OPs and EDs I can remember off the top of my head include Welcome to the NHK (ED), TWGOK III (ED), Galilei Donna (ED), Kimi ni Todake (OP), Gargantia (OP), Outbreak CompanyED), and Penguindrum (full OP version), iirc. There's a nice official piano rendition of the Rinne no Lagrange OP too.

I don't know how prevalent you want the piano to be though, but these seem to have it more through the entire pieces.
~

Thanks again. As for how prevalent I want it to be, I just want it to be obvious it's part of the song. For example the world god only knows opening 1 would even work.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tsukimonogatari

Had a strong opening. Araragi was just always way more interesting than Kanbaru and his dynamics with his sisters and other characters were more interesting too. I thought this would be set after Hanamonogatari but apparently not. Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing college age Ararararararagi.

Unfortunately, the resolution of this one was kind of weak and pointless. Tadatsuru wasn't nearly as interesting as Rouka. Neither are the shikigami girl (I don't even know her name) and her owner (don't know her name either).

ON THE OTHER HAND.
The abs are back, and so is glorious Ararararararagiservice.

Overall I'd probably group this with the other middling storylines in the Monogatari series, like Nadeko Snake, Karen Bee or Tsubasa Tiger.

Haly

That last ten minute is golden I thought, so fucking meta its hurt..

It was a bit too on the nose for me. Reminded me of Medaka Box and not in a flattering way. I expected more from Nisio coming off of Hanamonogatari but I guess my real mistake is expecting anything from him at all.

cajunator

Banned

Haly

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| What do you mean Silver Fang isn't AOTY?

fertygo

Winter 15 Anime |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Bears vs. ZA WARUDO
I like these.

It was a bit too on the nose for me. Reminded me of Medaka Box and not in a flattering way. I expected more from Nisio coming off of Hanamonogatari but I guess my real mistake is expecting anything from him at all.

I rather meh on this one aside that last part and abs tbh, felt like giant build-up than anything else.

How you not liking sudden enemy that pop out somewhere felt he tricked by "an author" that put him as plot device, its genius.

Haly

Cause he did it a lot on aforementioned Medaka Box and I got tired of it there.

Stopped being clever after the upteenth billion time. Basically, it's Metafiction 101. Every aspiring writer dreaming of being meta wants to write a story about their characters rebelling against themselves. I should know, I have told a few stories like this.

YAWN.

I haven't seen anyone mention the Animator Expo shorts recently. Anything interesting about the latest ones?

Maybe "wasting my time" is too harsh. I just went into it with different expectations.

When it comes to magical girl stuff, it's either got to be full of despair or extremely hot-blooded with decent-great choreography like Symphogear. If it's not those, it's usually more along the lines of Sentai, something I've never been able to get into which is why stuff like Sailor Moon and Precure aren't for me.

rqIvpZi.gif

94EoQS3.gif

fertygo

Cause he did it a lot on aforementioned Medaka Box and I got tired of it there.

Stopped being clever after the upteenth billion time. Basically, it's Metafiction 101. Every aspiring writer dreaming of being meta wants to write a story about their characters rebelling against themselves. I should know, I have told a few stories like this.

YAWN.

You should being cool dude like me that stopped reading Medaka Box after Minus arc.

So... I am in the mood for some Piano, but alas I am failing to come up with many Anime songs with a decent focus of Piano and vocals such as is found in no game no life opening or SUEMITSU & THE SUEMITH Allegro Cantabile (the Nodame opening but the video is fun :p) or Nana's Winter Sleep

anyone have any suggestions for songs with a decent piano focus like those songs?

Off the top of my head for stuff this season, Grisaia's second ending song has prominent piano and vocals. Cross Ange's ending song has some piano at the start and end, but that ends up dropping off when the other instruments pick up. Celestial Method had an alternate version of its ending song that includes a piano, that has the most attention at the start before it blends with the other instruments. Same for Shigatsu's opening.

Thoraxes

Cross Ange - 10

Please let the senmetsu happen.

Cross Ange - 11 (the first 3 minutes)

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh.

I can't stop laughing nor get the smug-ass smile off my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom