• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. A lot of people hated Kiritsugu too.

I just mean that it's not a mistake in writing like some people think, or that scenes are being written in a way to just bail him out because the writers want to make a harem or something (like Rin not randomly trying to murder him).

I understand that, but I just get the feeling that some Fate fans just don't like people that have different opinions about their show.

Grisaia - 11

Goddamn , that was harsh , sh*t just got real in many ways.
No holds barred .. i cna only ask , what the heck were they doing so far away from civilisation but that sequence of events is just ...just something .

This is not going to end well ...

Just saying, you might be missing out if you only watch the Telecom episodes. Their (and Miyazaki's) take on Lupin is not the only worthwhile stuff in the franchise.

I recently read through this article (and its comments) to figure out what Lupin Series 2 episodes are most worthwhile to watch, and I compiled a little txt document that "ranks" the episodes according to that. I'll be going through the highlights/interesting stuff when I watch the series myself, since 155 episodes is way too much for me.

The document may be a little in-depth, but just stick to the +'es, /'es and Telecom episodes to get the very best (which I plan to). Even if you watch everything in the list it will amount to just 60 eps, probably filtering out most of the crap.

Also, Lupin Series 1 has a fairly high reputation and is mostly directed by Miyazaki and Takahata. A little rough around the edges, but it has some great episodes. Maybe I'll do a similar guide for that series when I've finished it.

As for movies and specials, Fuma Conspiracy is well regarded by Cagliostro fans with outstanding animation, and Episode 0: First Contact gets a lot of love. Other than that I haven't dived deep enough to know much about them, though. The only movie I've watched is Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone, directed by Koike who made Redline and the character designs for The woman called Fujiko MIne. The animation is gorgeous so you should really check it out.

60 episodes I could theoretically deal with but yeah I'll give these a read. Lord knows I'm not getting more of these type of anime any time soon might as well watch the oldies and the goodies.

mAc Chaos

Neo Member
I understand that, but I just get the feeling that some Fate fans just don't like people that have different opinions about their show.

For a lot of us it feels like, if they knew the full story, they wouldn't be as harsh on it since a lot of the misconceptions come from Ufotable's decisions. So we try to fill in the blanks, but it's hard to replace what you actually see.

Like most people have a problem with Shirou because they try to relate to him and can't, so they're like "why is he doing that, what's he thinking?!" but the whole point of his character is that he's supposed to be someone nobody can relate to. It would be like trying to relate to Kotomine.

This is all spelled out a lot more when you have pages and pages and pages of text from his own point of view.

It's not the show itself that people are defending, since the show can have its own flaws as a portrayal. It's that these flaws are then assumed to be the fault of the source material.

Also a lot of the criticisms ignore any subtext and just act like if it's not spelled out via exposition that it doesn't exist. FSN Is a kind of show that likes to drop hints and let the audience figure it out for themselves. Personally, I enjoy that type of thing because it makes me focus on the show more (more replay value), and feel smart for connecting the dots. But you probably wouldn't like that if you want everything to be up front. I enjoy both types.

Selector Infected WIXOSS - 4

tumblr_inline_n7csv0Xq2k1sedyts.gif

I guess this is like a darker and edgier Black Rock Shooter?

Why would you watch Wixoss instead of football?

Also in my head I pronounce Wixoss with an x instead of a cross. Corvo's right; that's not how x for cross works.

Hmm? Is that show pronounced "Wicross"? If so...not even surprising considering the average anime/manga title.

amrod

trying more funimation.com app since 12 days left of free trial. iPad Apps seems to work better then android one... So when app WORKS on android (Doesn't Crash) been watching

Is this a Zombie?

Really funny anime, on episode 5... The HQ Stream is very nice too, way better then hulu plus, as nice quality wise as crunchyroll is.

Syrinx

I haven't seen the show so I don't know how they pronounce it there but at a first glance I assumed it was "Wiksoss".

Apparently it's "Wi-cross". But that doesn't make any sense because if you use x as cross, the name becomes "Wi-cross-oss".

So yeah, I insist on pronouncing it as "Wik-soss".

And maybe watch the show if Branduil can confirm BRS TV caliber lulz.

Narag

Per Sabre's wishes, our game is now coming to a close.

Here are your results:

jRQBrbR.png

5. Caster from Fate/Extra - 11 votes

upfz3dO.png

4. Yukari Akiyama from Girls und Panzer - 12 votes

e0xr7tI.png

3. Kyouko Kasodani from Touhou - 14 votes

pkGlTHI.png

2. Bismarck from Kantai Collection - 18 votes

And our winner as expected since we're slaves to tradition:

hrkf6SY.png

1. Milhiore Firianno Biscotti from Dog Days - 58 votes!!

This is an avatar with a long tradition so I hope you treat it well. Per our agreement, it'll be yours for one month so January 11, 2015 you'll be free to remove it and move on with your life.

Frankly, I had no real inclination to even enforce the bet until the peanut gallery got behind it and it just blew up. It's about the journey and not the destination. As for the -wan stuff, yeah, if you feel you must do it, please just restrict it to here (and maybe the Type-MOON OT) because dumb poster gimmicks gets one clipped fast.

As a show of solidarity though, I, too, will adopt a moe dog girl avatar for the same length of time because I almost feel bad about all of this. Yeah, the just thing to do would have been to cancel the bet entirely but ti's grown beyond just me, and, oh yeah, I'm kinda evil.

And here's poll graphs for you graph nerds out there:

Apparently it's "Wi-cross". But that doesn't make any sense because if you use x as cross, the name becomes "Wi-cross-oss".

So yeah, I insist on pronouncing it as "Wik-soss".

And maybe watch the show if Branduil can confirm BRS TV caliber lulz.

Comparisons to Yuki Yuna means I might take a look at it too at some point.

I like how Narag positions himself as wan who had no control of the bet and pretends as though he washed his hands of it.

Ahh well.

Garo 11

I dunno why I was under some kind of expectation that this fight would go any differently.
I guess a lot of it was due to the Leon's father's carefree attitude or friendly nature that was get the best of him in the end.
Either way it was an enjoyable fight to watch and I'm glad it lasted as long as it did and it helped fill out their backstories as well.

cajunator

Banned
Per Sabre's wishes, our game is now coming to a close.

Here are your results:

jRQBrbR.png

5. Caster from Fate/Extra - 11 votes

upfz3dO.png

4. Yukari Akiyama from Girls und Panzer - 12 votes

e0xr7tI.png

3. Kyouko Kasodani from Touhou - 14 votes

pkGlTHI.png

2. Bismarck from Kantai Collection - 18 votes

And our winner as expected since we're slaves to tradition:

hrkf6SY.png

1. Milhiore Firianno Biscotti from Dog Days - 58 votes!!

This is an avatar with a long tradition so I hope you treat it well. Per our agreement, it'll be yours for one month so January 11, 2015 you'll be free to remove it and move on with your life.

Frankly, I had no real inclination to even enforce the bet until the peanut gallery got behind it and it just blew up. It's about the journey and not the destination. As for the -wan stuff, yeah, if you feel you must do it, please just restrict it to here (and maybe the Type-MOON OT) because dumb poster gimmicks gets one clipped fast.

As a show of solidarity though, I, too, will adopt a moe dog girl avatar for the same length of time because I almost feel bad about all of this. Yeah, the just thing to do would have been to cancel the bet entirely but ti's grown beyond just me, and, oh yeah, I'm kinda evil.

And here's poll graphs for you graph nerds out there:

The right avatar won in honor of Hito. I prefer it this way.

also, god bless google image search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom