• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Not sure what's going on right now, but dog girls are cute, so I'm alright with it.

read Narag's post on the first page.
Saber's team, the cleveland Browns were playing well early this season he bet that they would make the playoffs or else he would take a one month avatar bet and end every sentence with -wan like a doggie. Guess who just lost the bet.

Look at all these wans in here. Wait a second...

Google search: define wan said:
wan
wän/
adjective
(of a person's complexion or appearance) pale and giving the impression of illness or exhaustion.
"she was looking wan and bleary-eyed".

Well then.

Celestial Method - 11

Knew it.

So uh, how does this have two episodes left? Like, I'd be okay with one being an epilogue episode, but why two? Oh, also:

:(

cajunator

Banned
Look at all these wans in here. Wait a second...

Well then.

Celestial Method - 11

Knew it.

So uh, how does this have two episodes left? Like, I'd be okay with one being an epilogue episode, but why two? Oh, also:

:(

just watch Laffinty in Rinne no Lagrange. It will all become clear to you.

fertygo

Because that like saying TTGL is deep. But for me this "deep" shit haa nothing to do with entertainment quality its cool if there's story that can make you draw multiple meanimg from it. But story with thin layer and loud can also have a place. This is what FSN for me. Its had story progression that "cool" for me.. UBW sspecially has theme that resonate with me but its not "deep" because its not multi layered and had only one way to take its message but thats fine if you can make it focused into cohesive narrative. Fans that feel it smarter than what it is made me smh.

And as I type this the thing that I mentioned in previous post appear again. For such a stupid title people sure had trouble interpreting event that already pointed out loud.

fertygo

Chaika Avenging Battle 10 - END

What a mess. This felt incredibly rushed every scene. When the girl gun
picked Chaika over Gaz
I couldn't help but roll my eyes. For the amount of ground they retread over the season they could have trimmed the fat and made a much more comprehensible plot. It would still be boring as hell but much more intelligible.

Series Impressions
Chaika's first season was an average yet entertaining series. Yes the setting was generic and the plot was boring but the battle scenes were entertaining and the characters, while not the greatest, were likeable in their own ways. It had that air of mystery which is a good hook to keep people watching. By the end however it seems the writers couldn't figure out a way to resolve it in any interesting way possible.

The plot twists can be seen a mile away and all of the characters are too thick to see it even when it's presented to their faces.
What exactly was the point of that island?
They were given the answers and chose to ignore them.

I can't recommend this series, it is such a dull watch. If you want to see cute girls collect dead things I guess this would be right up your alley.
You can always reccomend people to watch Scrapped Princess instead.

Akame ga Kill 24
The fight was kind of cool. Otherwise, pretty poor. The city was perfect fine at recovering despite much of the city being destroyed feels like such terrible lazy writing. I sort of expected everyone but Akame to die but, the way Leone died feels so weird and very deus ex machina.

Blusby

Because that like saying TTGL is deep. But for me this "deep" shit haa nothing to do with entertainment quality its cool if there's story that can make you draw multiple meanimg from it. But story with thin layer and loud can also have a place. This is what FSN for me. Its had story progression that "cool" for me.. UBW sspecially has theme that resonate with me but its not "deep" because its not multi layered and had only one way to take its message but thats fine if you can make it focused into cohesive narrative. Fans that feel it smarter than what it is made me smh.

And as I type this the thing that I mentioned in previous post appear again. For such a stupid title people sure had trouble interpreting event that already pointed out loud.

Meaningful =/= Deep

Selector Infected WIXOSS - 6

Okay, so dark and edgy jokes aside, this isn't as bad as random shit like BRS. I mean, sure, it is ultimately an excuse to see fucked up cute girls suffer.But, I don't feel that the suffering comes out of nowhere, like BRS did.

Or I could be just getting way too used to this.

Narag

Dog Days' 3

idojLyEl.png

The Sengoku Basara 2 episode 1 of Dog Days' episodes. Also I'm aware I'm a broken record but so much delicious effects animation in this show.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 01

Well, I would like to say this is one of my favorite series, but it's been so long since I watched it I needed to make sure. So I watchbetted this with Mr.Jeff. We traded G Gundam for G Gundam. This is a really good trade, I think everyone wins in this transaction.

And I did in fact forget a lot of stuff. Fist of the North Star style biker gangs, kicking a bullet, Domon's chiseled ass. But I remembered the important things like the pizza.

I'm still not sure if I should be watching dub or sub. I don't even remember which one I watched because I remember both. I do kind of like Domon's dub voice better, if only for "HERE I GO" and "WITH THE HELP OF KYOJIIIIII"

jgminto

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 01

Well, I would like to say this is one of my favorite series, but it's been so long since I watched it I needed to make sure. So I watchbetted this with Mr.Jeff. We traded G Gundam for G Gundam. This is a really good trade, I think everyone wins in this transaction.

And I did in fact forget a lot of stuff. Fist of the North Star style biker gangs, kicking a bullet, Domon's chiseled ass. But I remembered the important things like the pizza.

I'm still not sure if I should be watching dub or sub. I don't even remember which one I watched because I remember both. I do kind of like Domon's dub voice better, if only for "HERE I GO" and "WITH THE HELP OF KYOJIIIIII"

How could you ever forget Domon's ass? It's the finest ass in anime.

Grisaia 11 - What an end.
And to think this isn't even the end of that story , we can make things more tragic next week !!!

Selector Infected WIXOSS - 6

Okay, so dark and edgy jokes aside, this isn't as bad as random shit like BRS. I mean, sure, it is ultimately an excuse to see fucked up cute girls suffer.But, I don't feel that the suffering comes out of nowhere, like BRS did.

Or I could be just getting way too used to this.
Exactly , it'snot like you're too used to this , wixoss, unlike BRS TV has a story to tell with twists and turns that actually make sense.

Does Scrapped Princess have a decent conclusion? If so I might give it a go eventually.

Yep , Scrapped princess ending doesn't feel rushed and does feel genuine.

Dead

well not really...yet
Are there any issues with the Sentai Clannad Blu-Ray collections?

They're on sale at trsi and I guess I could buy them

Sora no Method 11

Sure is a lot of crying and tear about this little girl who we don't know if her leaving is even going to be forever of not. Ahh well, I don't disagree with Shirone's method of trying to resolve the issue because the show has clearly set her up to be that type of person who takes problems into her own hands rather than making the whole group suffer. I still don't think the ending will be as sad as they're all making it out to be, but we'll see soon enough ~wan.

If we're talking animals, then bears are the greatest.

Depends on the bear.

CUTE bear : Good
NORMAL bear : NOPE

haven't seen a bear avatar on animegaf

---------------Akame ga kill --------------------

So well i won't get into that matter because that was a mess but there is at least one change i can get behind in all of this :

I knew the anime team wouldn't forget about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom